If you think looks don't matter...

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
This is my point exactly. It used to happen to me when I didn't look intimidating. Now that I do, I would welcome someone trying to do that to me. I think it would display a huge amount of bravery for another guy to do that. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened-- I keep pushing the limits further and further and these guys don't say or do anything at all. One would think that they would do at least something, but it doesn't seem to work that way.
I had this geeky guy once (taller than me, but would still fit 2 times in me) who went whining to me when I basically shoved him aside to talk to the girl he was talking to (yeah I can be an arrogant tool). He basically just walked away when I asked him what he was gonna do about it with a big grin.

too bad the chick was too drunk to talk, she was just barely standing against the wall. I think he was trying to get laid easily.

HeMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
duffdog

good for u changing your life for the better... u dont have to be a ****head though now u are more confident in yourself

do you actually push guys aside who you think could actually have a chance to kick your arse if they responded negatively against you or is it the just the small guys you push aside that dont stand a chance??

if you really are as tough as you claim to be, go and push some guy who is actually bigger than you and see what happens...

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HeMan said:
duffdog

good for u changing your life for the better... u dont have to be a ****head though now u are more confident in yourself

do you actually push guys aside who you think could actually have a chance to kick your arse if they responded negatively against you or is it the just the small guys you push aside that dont stand a chance??

if you really are as tough as you claim to be, go and push some guy who is actually bigger than you and see what happens...
I think that you are overdoing the whole part where I said that I nudge other guys out of the way. Sometimes I just stand right between the guys and the girl and start talking with her-- yes, it is blatantly obvious what I am doing. I did this last weekend when 4 guys were there talking to one girl, sure, some of them were bigger than me but they didn't say anything or do anything.

I don't always push people out of the way unless I have been drinking a bit, but when I do, its usually done in kind of a fun/****y way. I don't blindside people with a left hook and take their girl if thats what you were thinking. I typically will make eye contact with the girl and then turn to the guy and say "excuse me for just a minute", while pushing him out of the way and continue talking with the girl.

Scorrere

Don Juan
Reaction score
An experience a few days ago reminded me of this thread. I was talking in a group in the common room and one of the girls started talking about how long she has to work on her hair everyday. We're talking about an hour devoted to just here hair (it shows). Girls work incredibly hard to look nice so why shouldn't guys do the same?

Unprez

Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
You won't be charged if it's in self-defense, like in the situation with TuffDuff. When you're talking about self-defense, everything changes.

Believe me, I'm always one of the first people on the board to warn against fights because of your job being at stake and having charges brought up upon you. See though, classless low-lives like Duffdog on the other hand, don't care about those things. All they live for, is to stir trouble. They don't care if they get criminal records or loose their jobs, or have trouble in the future getting jobs now that they have a criminal record.
let him learn the hard way.. only a matter of time where he does it to some short guy only to have 10 other short guys surround him too outside the club... all i can say is do what u gotta do just remember
1. there are no rules in fights
2. there are no winners

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unprez said:
let him learn the hard way.. only a matter of time where he does it to some short guy only to have 10 other short guys surround him too outside the club... all i can say is do what u gotta do just remember
1. there are no rules in fights
2. there are no winners

Good point. You see, I have already been in a fight against 6 other guys before. Also, I have been in a fight where it was 20 vs 3 (I was in the three). It wasn't fun because they obviously ganged up on me and one guy had brass knuckles. I walked away with a broken molar and a partially ripped ear. I think of it as a learning experience, because now, a single other guy threatening me doesn't scare me at all.

This website talks about being ****y and funny to get girls, but what if the person is naturally just a ****y guy like me? Where do you guys think that pattern of behavior came from and why it is so successful with women? It came from males like me who are always in your face and not afraid of other men. So, next time you think that females want guys who "won't fight because its stupid"...think again. One of the greatest turn on for females is another male who will actually fight for them/defend their honor. When you are out being ****y and funny with words, you are triggering that emotional response in the females that says you are a fighter. However, if it comes down to it and you are really a b1tch and can't fight, your whole ****y and funny routine was for naught and you will get ditched. Females like to put forth the idea that they don't like watching violence and males dominating other males--thats total BS, they love it on the most primal level. If you have ever been to an MMA fight, 60% of the people there are females.

This is really an interesting dynamic. In the olden days, females went for the males who looked the most physically dominating because they had the greatest chance of producing offspring who would be the most likely to survive. Many on this site say that guys should work out and look more physically fit. But what exactly does looking more physically fit have to do with being attractive? Bigger arms, shoulders, legs and a more solid physique all contribute to an internal desire from females to have the most dominant male. In the past it would mean that you were the best at being physically dominant by fighting and beating the crap out of anyone who tried to take your females. In the present, it means that you look like you would be physically dominant and beat the crap out of anyone who would try to take your females. All of the positive behaviors and traits that we are working for as pick up artists point to the desires that females have on a subconscious level. Unfortunately, many of those desires are rooted in the violence displayed by our ancestors. One could make the claim that even confidence makes females feel that you are the dominating male.

Making a statement like: "fighting is bad" is incredibly easy to say from a computer where you aren't subject to people trying to beat the crap out of you every time you go out. The only reason we males exist today is because our forefathers had the opposite idea--fighting and violence, coupled with dominance is GOOD. The fact is, human nature dictates that those in power will do anything to keep it and those without it will do anything to get it. Unfortunately, because of the world we live in, interactions between people degenerate into fighting a lot more than all of us would like. If you are a person who can actually defend yourself because he has experience with it, you are far more valuable in the world than someone who pretends like they are dominant via their language, but in reality, couldn't defend themselves against anything.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Unprez said:
let him learn the hard way
That's what it's gonna have to come down to. As the old saying goes: "You wanna live by the sword, then expect to die by the sword".

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog,

Like someone else said in this thread, it ain't clever...and one time your do it to the wrong person.Anyway, what part of trying to act like the badboy/hard guy actually helps you get women?....out of intrest?.

Are you saying it works for you?...i'm generally intrested...cause sometimes i think alittle agression does help.

trv26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HeMan said:
duffdog

would u like it if some guy who is more confident, better looking and stronger walks in, shoves u aside and takes the girl away from u when u have been gaming all night...

i dont think so!!!! u would think the guy is an arrogant tool..

this is exactly what u do to other guys thou..
So u think if duffdog tones it down, then a higher power is going to make sure the more confident etc. guy is not gonna run away with duffog's girl? Who cares what anyone else thinks of you as long as you get what you want in life and hence are happy with life?

I see the nice guy in you is still alive and kicking.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demonicale said:
Duffdog,

Like someone else said in this thread, it ain't clever...and one time your do it to the wrong person.Anyway, what part of trying to act like the badboy/hard guy actually helps you get women?....out of intrest?.

Are you saying it works for you?...i'm generally intrested...cause sometimes i think alittle agression does help.
I think the part that helps me is the no-fear part. It must be the overt display of confidence which causes the attraction. Or the fact that I am a person who will actually do the things other men are afraid to do. Think of it another way, why is it that men salivate when they see two attractive females fighting? It must be something subconscious that causes that trigger, because rationally, we males should not find it attractive. There has to be some reason that aggressive behavior is considered desirable.

I don't have all the answers, but I know that aggression attracts hot females.

HeMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
trv26

So u think if duffdog tones it down, then a higher power is going to make sure the more confident etc. guy is not gonna run away with duffog's girl? Who cares what anyone else thinks of you as long as you get what you want in life and hence are happy with life?

I see the nice guy in you is still alive and kicking.
.................................................................................................

trv 26, your right about both wanting to live a happy life and about me being a nice guy...

i enjoy being a nice person... dont know why i wouldnt??? i enjoy meeting new people and having fun... i like bringing out good qualities in people

the coolest people i know are all nice people.. they make everyone feel good and they all live a happy life... and yes, most people are drawn to these people because of their extreme charisma..

just because im friendly to people and respect people doesnt mean im a pushover!

i just dont respect duffdogs approach... he obviously does well with girls and has solid confidence in himself which is a good thing.. i just couldnt imagine people respecting him though, especially if they get to know him..

thats just my opinion...

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like being a slight ******* and just doing what I want, and if people enjoy it then they'll stick around. That means sometimes I'm rude, and when people are like :O, I'm like "chill, its no big to me that i said that, just chill and smile :) "

HeMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a difference with being cheeky rude and arrogant rude...

i am very very cheeky and love girls who are cheeky back..

i actually find people boring if they cant accept some insults, especially if you are just joking...

on the otherhand people who walk around using intimidation and arrogance as a form of power are people most people have little respect for..

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HeMan said:
there is a difference with being cheeky rude and arrogant rude...

i am very very cheeky and love girls who are cheeky back..

i actually find people boring if they cant accept some insults, especially if you are just joking...

on the otherhand people who walk around using intimidation and arrogance as a form of power are people most people have little respect for..
You are confusing respect for likability. Respect is earned, not given. If I just happened to see you in a club and I broke your nose one night, the next night, you wouldn't like me. But, you would respect me because you have to and don't want you nose broken again, not because you wanted to. The week after I got in a fight with 20 guys in the parking lot of the club, I commanded respect when I went back there. Even the bouncers could depend on me to help them out if they needed it because they knew I wasn't afraid to get my hands dirty.

On a lighter note, it is really fun to go out with me because I like the rush of cold approaching and closing the deal right there. Its better than being a boring, run of the mill guy and trying a bunch of lines over and over for phone numbers.

Latim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, your analogy is wrong. A beaten dog may fear an abusive owner, but may still bite him once he turns his back. Fear is NOT respect. From what i gather you sound very insecure Mr Duff, perhaps you spent alot of your life being the pushover? I dunno, only you could answer that one. But i do agree that looks do matter, but it's only one tool. There is no excuse for not trying to get yourself in shape, eating right and working on your looks. However, looks alone get you nowhere. Personally, i'm 5 ft 9, good-looking (because i worked for it) slightly above average body. But i've had no problems beating the buff taller guys because i got more to offer than just my looks, my looks help me get into the door, then my charm and charisma does the rest. It seems like there are alot of lazy people here that want to believe that looks play no part whatsoever,but its just not true. On the other hand, it only begins to play a part if you've got the character traits to complement this.

R19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ummmmm, I thought this thread was about looks. Check out OhlalaMag on-line if you need some motivation to hit the iron or are wondering whether looks matter...

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latim said:
Actually, your analogy is wrong. A beaten dog may fear an abusive owner, but may still bite him once he turns his back. Fear is NOT respect.
Sure it is. The middle eastern countries respect the firepower of the US and fear our itchy trigger fingers at the same time. If I am to understand you correctly, you are saying that fear disappears when the person isn't right in front of them? I don't buy that.

As to your other points, I spent many years getting beat on literally when I went out because I didn't look intimidating. Now that I do look intimidating, it suddenly stopped. Wierd how that works, huh! I make no apologies for the way I am and I like it. To me, the whole argument of "insecure vs secure" is total bvllsh1t, I was very secure in my self when I was younger, but that didn't stop people from trying to fight me all the time. I can take a very "secure" guy and make him insecure by being a d1ck and crushing his self esteem. Its that simple.

The crux of everything I have written in this thread points to the fact that while looks matter somewhat to females-- they matter a whole bunch to other guys, enabling you to get a shot at the females in the first place.

HeMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
duffdog, you really have got it all wrong.. you must of been in to many fights because you really have no idea.. fear does not lead to respect..

by the way, what city do you live in???

just want to make sure i know so i never have to visit your city..

lucky for me i never had the problem of going out and getting beaten on because i didnt look intimidating....

life must of been tough for you for so long because you obviosuly have so much anger in you

ohsnap

Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course looks matter. Ever listened to a woman talk about some ugly guy that was hitting on her? Or that "creepy guy"?

Two men, one good looking and one ugly, could approach a woman and say the exact same thing, with the exact same body gestures - the ugly guy would be 'creepy' and the good looking guy would have 'an attractive personality'.

Don't believe me? Do some tests on dating sites with fake profiles.