Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I hate having a roommate!!!

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damocles said:
Ungodly amounts of homework... when you're in the dorms, you can just walk out into a common area, and usually see someone you know. When you're in an apartment, however, it's not as easy to walk out to the kitchen or wherever and take a ten minute break to visit with a buddy.
Yes, it's a lot harder to make bounds with other people since you only have very short periods of contacts with the other students, and in impersonal contexts at that. I joined a few clubs so I guess that in the end it isn't that bad, but often I'd like to be able to just go outside my room, recognize people I know and go out to do something with them. In these current conditions, when there isn't a club reunion, I can't really leave my apartment unless I have shopping to do. Most of the "friends" I have are more like acquaintances, so we're not going out or becoming really intimate friends either. So in many occasions you don't feel any less lonely even when you're surrounded by others.

And I don't know, I think it's just overall scary and disheartening to live by yourself without someone else's presence to somehow comfort you and take you out of your bubble.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
How often do the gaurds come by so that you can go out into the yard? It must suck being forced to stay in your cell all the time, not allowed to go out and do the things that you want to do. I bet you wish that you could leave and see other people if you wanted to.
HAHAHAHA!!!

If my roommate doesn't understand that I need the room for Valentines Day then I'm getting a new roommate.

Plus the roommate has everything in common that I do.

As to the question about my female roommate?

Yes, I do believe that it would be easier. First, I got my own room to live with. Secondly, This girl is very cool and I know that she won't be a bother. If I do have a problem, then I can deal with it very easily. She is a psychology major on her way to graduate school for psychology. If I have a problem, she is the person that I go to for advice.

I probably will barely be in the room as it is because I have so many friends rooms that I can stay in during the semester.

As to the majors, I am a business/philosophy dual major and I enjoy the major. I am not going for the A because I realize that the social aspect of college is more important.

Plus, I am working at becoming a motivational speaker and experiences are more important than the actual school work (but it is still important. Just working for a 3.0 GPA).

comic_relief

comic_relief

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn dude. ive never had one argument with my roommate and hes alot different than me. hes cool tho and we have a good time...im not telling u this to brag but u should know that it CAN work out well if u put a lil effort into knowing the dude and appreciating whatever it is that he does

Gamblor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a loser roomate who left after 3 days and i had my double to myself for a month. Then I got a faggot ass roomatte for a month or two and i got rid of his ***** ass.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had 2 different roommates last year. Both sucked ass. The first one, I came back from spending the night at my bud's place, and there were crumbs all over my bed and it looked like someone threw up on it. I confronted him about it and he acted like he didn't know anything about it. About two days later I got switched with this dude who intentionally huffed fabreeze and goldbond foot powder (yeah, I know...). I walked in on him jerkin. I would wake up in the middle of the night and he would be obnoxiously loudly jerking off in his bed, to the point where I had to tell him to stop. He would play his video games until 5 in the morning just about every night. He also smoked weed in the room if he knew I was going to be gone for a while. I really think there was something wrong with him.

CR, your situation doesn't sound too bad. You can't just expect him to leave at your convience. He's paying to live there too. Maybe try talking to him about it. Sharing such a small space with anyone is a pain in the ass, and I don't think your going to find the perfect roommate.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mctwist4 said:
CR, your situation doesn't sound too bad. You can't just expect him to leave at your convience. He's paying to live there too. Maybe try talking to him about it. Sharing such a small space with anyone is a pain in the ass, and I don't think your going to find the perfect roommate.
The problem is is that he is a great roommate. We rarely argue over anything, but I just want my own damn room.

I am at the point where I dislike living in the same small place as someone else. I don't have to work anything out or anything, and the only real complaint is that I am tired of having a roommate in general. I just want to be able to have a place of my own that I can retreat to.

comic_relief

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am considering staying in the dorms but one thing does concern me. Most of the school's that I have looked at don't allow overnight guests. It makes since so you won't inconvenience your roommates, but it still sucks.
You'd actually follow this rule?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just so suave said:
You'd actually follow this rule?
my thoughts exactly.

comic_relief

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
The problem is is that he is a great roommate. We rarely argue over anything, but I just want my own damn room.

I am at the point where I dislike living in the same small place as someone else. I don't have to work anything out or anything, and the only real complaint is that I am tired of having a roommate in general. I just want to be able to have a place of my own that I can retreat to.

comic_relief
I had problems with my roommate freshman year. We got along well enough, but she was always there. Always. At any given hour outside of class, she was there. I couldn't bring friends over because she was always there and would try to hang out with us (I don't mean that in a cruel/catty way, but you know how it is when you want to just be alone with your friend and your little brother keeps following you guys around...that kind of thing).

I'm not introverted, but I do need some time to myself, so finally we drew up a contract saying that we would each get the room to ourselves for X hours per day and scheduled what times I/she would get the room. It worked well enough.

It is your roommate's room too, so you can't just kick him out at your leisure, but a compromise on both parts can work things out.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is why it is a good idea to let siblings share a bedroom, to learn personal boundaries and respect and to get along with each other even when they are sick of each other's faces... to prepare them for the real world when you can not run away from other things.

BoredDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd pay the extra money to live off campus.
Extra to live off campus?! I pay $3000 a Semester right now, the apartment I have setup for next year will cost me $248 a month (without utilities). Also, my dorm is a suit (6 person dorm) there are 3 seperate rooms with a living room connected to each. My roomate is never around :) thank god.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in my own apartment and I have to admit, it does get pretty lonely sometimes. There's never anybody to shoot the sh1t with.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear, some of you guys should be homeless just because when you get a roof over your head you act as if there's no door available for you to leave. It would be better socially for you guys if it weren't so easy for you to act like a hermit and hold up in your cave away from everyone.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear, some of you guys should be homeless just because when you get a roof over your head you act as if there's no door available for you to leave. It would be better socially for you guys if it weren't so easy for you to act like a hermit and hold up in your cave away from everyone.
I think that about my roommate. Personally, I sleep in my room a max of two times a week. It is pretty damn nice too. I believe that the amount of times that someone doesn't sleep in their own room is in direct proportion to the amount of friends/people they hang out with UNLESS everyone hangs out in their own room.

I have found out that I am not alone in disliking my roommate. A couple people won't come hang out with me at all because they dislike him. One said that they were told by my roommate to "get out." and another one is scared of him.

comic_relief

btw if someone is unhappy with how their social life is then all they have to do is get involved within your community. There is always something going on such as not-for-profit groups around the area.

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
I think that about my roommate. Personally, I sleep in my room a max of two times a week. It is pretty damn nice too. I believe that the amount of times that someone doesn't sleep in their own room is in direct proportion to the amount of friends/people they hang out with UNLESS everyone hangs out in their own room.

I have found out that I am not alone in disliking my roommate. A couple people won't come hang out with me at all because they dislike him. One said that they were told by my roommate to "get out." and another one is scared of him.

comic_relief

btw if someone is unhappy with how their social life is then all they have to do is get involved within your community. There is always something going on such as not-for-profit groups around the area.
Yes, there are many things going on, but first, not many of them cater to young adults, and also, as I said in the previous post, these things don't seem to lead to anything else than the creation of acquaintances and other shallow encounters that you never get to interact with outside of the goal-oriented activities. It's not that these persons don't like you or that they're indifferent to you, but since everyone is very busy, it's hard for you who is just a mere acquaintance in their eyes to spontaneously gain prominence, and prevail upon their pre-established schedules. Not only that, but you sorta have to make a big commitment to these organizations/groups/clubs, it can represent a significant chunk of your weekly time. And, it's a commitment that is hard to shy away from when you discover after a short while that it leads you nowhere and that it's a futile waste of time.

Last edited:

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kaim Argonar said:
Yes, there are many things going on, but first, not many of them cater to young adults, and also, as I said in the previous post, these things don't seem to lead to anything else than the creation of acquaintances and other shallow encounters that you never get to interact with outside of the goal-oriented activities. It's not that these persons don't like you or that they're indifferent to you, but since everyone is very busy, it's hard for you who is just a mere acquaintance in their eyes to spontaneously gain prominence, and prevail upon their pre-established schedules.
Have you ever tried to go out to the bar with them afterward? Or have tried to do anything with them before? My brother is friends with people from groups/organizations around his house.

So what if they don't catar towards young adults anyways? Just getting involved is more important. Currently, I'm involved with a diabetes foundation for fundraising money. It may not be stressed at my age group but I make it a big deal and it suddenly it became very important.

Plus, if someone happened to do a search on the web, they can find some group or organization that would spark your interest.

As to the meeting of people, how do you make friends to begin with? I know that I become acquaintences with a person then get their number to hang out with them, then become friends with them. It is the same damn thing.

Kaim Argonar said:
Not only that, but you sorta have to make a big commitment to these organizations/groups/clubs, it can represent a significant chunk of your weekly time. And, it's a commitment that is hard to shy away from when you discover after a short while that it leads you nowhere and that it's a futile waste of time.
It's only a "futile waste of time" because you make it that. I have only learned from my "organizations/groups/clubs." It is only as big or small of a waste as you want it to be.

comic_relief

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never had any problems with any of my roommates, but a lot of the crap you listed would definitely bother me. I went to random state U, so we didn't have too many uptights who went to sleep at 10pm, especially in the dorms. In general, everyone liked to party/drink.

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
Have you ever tried to go out to the bar with them afterward? Or have tried to do anything with them before? My brother is friends with people from groups/organizations around his house.

So what if they don't catar towards young adults anyways? Just getting involved is more important. Currently, I'm involved with a diabetes foundation for fundraising money. It may not be stressed at my age group but I make it a big deal and it suddenly it became very important.

Plus, if someone happened to do a search on the web, they can find some group or organization that would spark your interest.

As to the meeting of people, how do you make friends to begin with? I know that I become acquaintences with a person then get their number to hang out with them, then become friends with them. It is the same damn thing.

It's only a "futile waste of time" because you make it that. I have only learned from my "organizations/groups/clubs." It is only as big or small of a waste as you want it to be.
When I did this, although the people were definitely willing and had good intentions, they ended up flaking all the time on what we had agreed to because they had other priorities. Got tired of running after other people after a while and didn't want to seem desperate.