Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I finally dated someone new...

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since my last post. I am now settled into a new apartment and am enjoying town life. I had THE falling-out with the landlady's daughter last week when i told her i was going to date other women. Boy, she did not like that and proceeded to unload on me, saying i was very selfish, had zero communication skills, and was "kind of a schmuck". Some friend, after almost a year, but no surprise. When i complained about the lack of sex and all the ambiguity, she said she felt i was too sexually demanding and it never seemed like i wanted to be around her. I told her that i never felt wanted by her. Her boy-toy finally grows a pair, asserts himself, and she insults him. She suggested we take time off and she would talk to me at some later point. I agreed. Haven't heard from her in almost a week.

So i joined Match.com over a month ago. Contacted a 35 year old match and we met up last Thursday at a local Thai restaurant. She was actually better looking than her photos and taller too. We seemed to hit it off great and conversation flowed. She was all smiles and excited to hear all about me and my family. We were the last customers in the place when they started to close at 9:40. She said she had a great time and asked me if i wanted to meet again. I said, yes, i did and suggested sometime during the weekend. We agreed on Saturday afternoon. She emailed me the next day, saying what a great time she had. I replied in kind and we continued to email and plan the afternoon.

Yesterday, i was late leaving for her place and got there 15 minutes late (i called her and told her i would be late). She said it was no problem, but i thought it had to go in her mental checklist as a strike. Got there and she was a bit distant compared to Thursday night. Friendly, but still cool, somehow. She gave me the tour of her apartment and then we made plans for the Boston Aquarium. She drove us to her workplace's garage. (She works as a web designer for a major publisher. I estimate she makes $60 - $70K). We then walked across Boston to the Aquarium. As we talked, she revealed she never watches movies at home (something i certainly do) and that she works even at home. She is an extrovert and i'm an introvert, so it was already a strained match. She paid for our IMAX movie tickets and said i could cover the Aquarium tickets. When we got out of the movie, we discovered that the Aquarium tickets were significantly more expensive than we anticipated and we decided to head to the North End where she had reserved a table in an Italian restaurant. More talking, a stop at a cafe - where i covered our drinks. Convo in the cafe was lackluster. I complimented her on her beautiful feet. She had just had a pedicure. When we got to the restaurant, it was immediately clear from the decor and setting that it was going to be expensive. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem as i welcome fine Italian food in Boston's North End on a date, but i have just moved into a new apartment and money is tight at the moment. We went dutch on the first date and i planned the same, of course. I ordered a beer instead of wine (much cheaper) and i ordered the least expensive entree ($18). She ordered a glass of wine and a $25 entree. Convo picked up a bit. We talked about our families and personalities. She tried to split the check, even though she bought a more expensive entree and wine. I kindly informed her that i always itemize the tab and pay for what i order. She said no prob and still paid $60 out of an $83 tab. I protested that she was paying a bit too much and she laughed it off and told me not to worry, she does care, she does it all the time. We then walked back to her car, talking the whole way. The convo was chit-chatty but not scintilating. I had kinoed her here and there the whole day. She NEVER kinoed me back, nor did i ever pick up any vibes that she wanted me.

We drove back to her place and when we got inside, it was quite hot. I was sweating and it was uncomfortable. She made no effort to arrange for us to "get close", like, say sitting on a couch. Instead, she sat me down at her dining table to review the photos we took during the day on her laptop. She then asked to see my photos of Italy (which i had brought with me) and she looked through them at a fairly rapid pace and didn't ask me any questions about them. After she was done, she showed me prints of photos she took of Boston and Italy. When i was through with those, she looked around and said she didn’t want to seem like she was kicking me out, but she was really tired. The time was 9:05...I said I understood and gathered my things. She walked me out to her porch, thanked me for a great time. It was totally clear that she had decided at some point that she was all set with me and had done the bare minimum to not look completely disinterested before rushing me out the door.

On the drive home, I concluded that we were done and i expected a polite rejection email the next morning. Sure enough, that's exactly what i got in my inbox this morning. She said we were total opposites and our quirks would drive each other crazy. I replied that i agreed and was glad she and i were on the same wavelength.

So, onto the next one. I do believe we were incompatible as she is extroverted and i am introverted. Totally different mindsets, energy levels, lifestyles. I also think she wasn't happy that i didn't let her get away with splitting the tab after she ordered more than me. I could be mistaken, but she was a bit less rosey about me after that. What's more, she protested when i observed that we were complete opposites earlier in the day. Now she totally agrees? Only after she saw i wasn't going to take unfair check-splitting. I'm proud of myself for that.

Onto the next one. I am no longer going to even consider dating an extrovert. Opposites may attract, but they have nothing to offer once the stars clear from one's eyes.

Last edited:

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GtarPlayr73 said:
She tried to split the check, even though she bought a more expensive entree and wine. I kindly informed her that i always itemize the tab and pay for what i order. She said no prob and still paid $60 out of an $83 tab. I protested that she was paying a bit too much and she laughed it off and told me not to worry, she does care, she does it all the time.
this is where you blew it.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
The importance of your post is that you did it. You went out and spun another plate. Keep that momentum going and garner some some experience.

All chicks, no matter who or what, will flake at some point or another. Chalk it up to the game brother.

And you're 100% correct about the glazed eye effect. Once the shine wears off so does her fallablilty.

:rockon:

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
I disagree. She blew it. If the issue of splitting the check was such a big fvcking deal is this a woman with which you'd want to build any sort of relationship?

I could see if he plugged her nose and forced her to swallow his load or shat at her place and forgot to flush but her flaking over splitting the check? Come on brother, you can't say that he did anything wrong.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gee, call me old fashioned BUT you (a man) let a woman lead you through your first dinner date, let her choose the restaurant, parked in her work garage, and then tried to " itemise " the bill and only pay for your smaller share.!! Chicks do that shyte. Men just split the bill or toss a $100 towards the check.. When women go out with their g/friends they whip out their calculators.

Women like to reminice (sp) the next day after a date with a new man. They also love telling their G/friends all the fine details coz their G/friends are just all wide-eyed about her "new man "....
So, what great and exciting /fun things did you do with her? What did your date have to tell her G/friends about you ? --What IMPRESSION did you leave her with ?
"He likes to itemise the bill " ???

Here is a tip - ( I have made this same blunder ) Do not go out on this kind of date with a woman if your are short of $$$.. If you're strapped for cash, YOU better set it all up and control the date so that you do not get into a cash hole.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
I don't know... I think it's a qualifying thing. The advantage of sifting through women online is that it's pretty easy to at least figure out if the two of you have common interests and compatible personalities.

None the less, I say good job for taking the sarge into real life and meeting. Most guys believe you have to have an entire online romance in order to get a woman to go out with you. Also good job in proving that attractive and seemingly "normal" women can be found online; especially ones who are willing to pull their weight in sustaining the cost of the initial meeting. :up:

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GtarPlayr73 said:
I told her that i never felt wanted by her. Her boy-toy finally grows a pair, asserts himself, and she insults him. She suggested we take time off and she would talk to me at some later point. I agreed. Haven't heard from her in almost a week.
{/QUOTE]

THat is what happens when you take your power back and speak up. The trick is to NEVER get into any sort of LTR with a game playing,mind fvcking wack job

Reaction score
The itemizing was a bit severe - you should have come to the understanding of who pays before you got with her!

You need to determine what to do on a date so that this doesn't happen! Dating a different woman every week will get expensive.

You guys were just not compatible - nothing wrong with that - thus the purpose of dating.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
The itemizing was a bit severe - you should have come to the understanding of who pays before you got with her!

You need to determine what to do on a date so that this doesn't happen! Dating a different woman every week will get expensive.

You guys were just not compatible - nothing wrong with that - thus the purpose of dating.
You know every blue moon LMS says something insightful. Should be more of a habit brother.

Not everything is 'hor related. Or is it?

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you had some boring dates. I'm sorry man, but stop calling yourself an introvert. We're HUMAN. We ALL enjoy the company of others. I think the reason things went wrong is more than is expressed here. It sounds like you were giving out an unattractive vibe of really wanting things to work but not thinking you're good enough. Did you even crack any jokes? Complimenting on her feet? I'm sorry, but I feel she just became bored and did not enjoy your presence. I would personally go out and do more exciting things before worrying about having a girl invade my lifestyle. SOunds like this is what you need.

Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
You know every blue moon LMS says something insightful. Should be more of a habit brother.

Not everything is 'hor related. Or is it?
Why would I call a woman a "hor" for going on a date? Hor is related to sexual contact with one who is NOT her husband. I never use the term loosely - when in doubt I always ask, "Are you sexing her?"

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You and your introverted crap. Dude...the problem here was that you were LATE and that you where CHEAP. And this was a good one in the sense that she had no issues paying for most of the dinner. Those are the type I prefer and those are the type I have NO issues spending some $$$. Of course, I made sure I give them some sex too.

Listen, that being said...I'm glad you are dating. But for the same token, why were you STILL talking to that landlord's daughter?

You have to STOP justifying or finding excuses and forget about the negativity. You have to be MORE fun!

Get your finances ready. YOU should take charge of where to visit and eat. It is your money after all.

Damn...this woman understood the DATING thing perfectly...as she was literally throwing some money out too! That's rare.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nefty said:
jophil and blueguy are right. It sounds like she was bored. The fact she's an extrovert indicates she's into more of a take-charge type of guy. Judging by what you described, it seems you didn't take charge enough with her and the date.

You said the convo was lackluster. Did you only engage in fact-based convo, such as talk about work, interests, and other information? Or did you at least try to kick things into a sexual state at one point by engaging her in convo that could push her emotional buttons? You've got to do this. Kino alone isn't enough.
Absolutely!

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
I disagree. She blew it. If the issue of splitting the check was such a big fvcking deal is this a woman with which you'd want to build any sort of relationship?

I could see if he plugged her nose and forced her to swallow his load or shat at her place and forgot to flush but her flaking over splitting the check? Come on brother, you can't say that he did anything wrong.
i knew i should have written more in my original response but was running out the door.

he said he 'itemized the list'.... i can just picture the scene....

"hmmm. ok. so i had two beers and a steak. thats 25. multiplied by 15 per cent for taxes then multiply by 15 per cent for tip - now wait, is that 15 per cent before the taxes or after - lets go before. ok, 2 carry the 3 and subtract the 7. i owe 40 bucks. the rest is yours."

MOOD KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!

im not saying he did anything wrong by just paying HIS way, what i am saying though is that 'itemizing' the bill at the end of dinner is a mood killer.

usually when you are finished the waiter asked 'will this be one bill?" that's where you say "seperate bills please."

OR, if they don't ask and just bring you one bill then you give them the bill back and ask 'could we get seperate bills please?", then turn to your date nonchalantly and say 'it would take me all night to figure out what we each owe."

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
i knew i should have written more in my original response but was running out the door.

he said he 'itemized the list'.... i can just picture the scene....

"hmmm. ok. so i had two beers and a steak. thats 25. multiplied by 15 per cent for taxes then multiply by 15 per cent for tip - now wait, is that 15 per cent before the taxes or after - lets go before. ok, 2 carry the 3 and subtract the 7. i owe 40 bucks. the rest is yours."

MOOD KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!

im not saying he did anything wrong by just paying HIS way, what i am saying though is that 'itemizing' the bill at the end of dinner is a mood killer.

usually when you are finished the waiter asked 'will this be one bill?" that's where you say "seperate bills please."

OR, if they don't ask and just bring you one bill then you give them the bill back and ask 'could we get seperate bills please?", then turn to your date nonchalantly and say 'it would take me all night to figure out what we each owe."
That's acceptable. But after going dutch on the first date...and she proving that she was willing to split expenses in the second date...he could have say "fvck it!" and paid for the entire bill.

Although, 80+ dollars for a woman that is not giving him pvssy is excessive...it could have been avoided by he PLANNING the date carefuly. Especially if he had $$$ issues (which every man does at one time or another).

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
You and your introverted crap. Dude...the problem here was that you were LATE and that you where CHEAP. And this was a good one in the sense that she had no issues paying for most of the dinner. Those are the type I prefer and those are the type I have NO issues spending some $$$. Of course, I made sure I give them some sex too.
a chic who offers to pay for the whole dinner scores major points in my books.

the paying for activities thing says a lot about someone. i recently took a chic out twice. first time i paid. second time i expected her to pay or at least offer. she didn't. i didn't make a deal out of it, it was a pretty cheap date - but it was the principle that mattered to me. heck the money i spent on the second date was nothing to me.

after that though? i nexted her. she's called numerous times and i won't return her calls.

then there have been women who towards the end of a dinner i was thinking 'you know, i'm not that in to her. shes nice and all, but the sparks aren't flying." then the bill comes and as i often do (even with male friends) i say 'don't worry i'll get it." then she says "no. 50/50, I insist!" OR "that's sweet. but next time I pay!" - BAM my IL rises.

i love women who understand that money doesn't grow on trees and who appreciate that me spending a little on them should be appreciated, not expected.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know, in thinking about this a bit more, i think the issue is not whether splitting the bill is right or wrong - because its not wrong.

its the delivery. don't leave it to the end and 'itemize' the bill - its just kills the mood.

its kind of like saying to a girl right before you are about to have sex "just give me a couple minutes. I gotta take a dump first."

i mean, if you gotta take a dump so be it, but it nonetheless kills the mood.

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Underage poster in the Mature Man forum. Poster is 21 Years old

Last edited by a moderator:

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I think it's the overall vibe of taking things WAY too seriously.

Itemizing the bill was just part of that.

The convo was lackluster, you smother her with kino even though things are lackluster, things in the apartment are lackluster, I mean... at this point, you should be wanting to get the hell out, yet you cling, and it's HER that kicks you out.

You try to analyze why SHE is not leading you to the couch to have sex. THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING!!

OVERALL -- You want the relationship too much. Your life is pretty stale. There is something obviously missing in your life that you're trying to fill with women. You're STILL talking about the landlady's daughter. I think it is really funny. BUT IT HAS BEEN ONE YEAR!!!!!!!! And then you OVERTLY tell her you are going to date other women. WHY IS THAT EVEN NECESSARY???

So I go back to my advise.

There is something lacking in your life. You can't leech off girls and expect them to fill that void. Because you're NEVER going to be successful with them if you keep acting this way. Your vibe is always going to be there.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
a chic who offers to pay for the whole dinner scores major points in my books.

the paying for activities thing says a lot about someone. i recently took a chic out twice. first time i paid. second time i expected her to pay or at least offer. she didn't. i didn't make a deal out of it, it was a pretty cheap date - but it was the principle that mattered to me. heck the money i spent on the second date was nothing to me.

after that though? i nexted her. she's called numerous times and i won't return her calls.

then there have been women who towards the end of a dinner i was thinking 'you know, i'm not that in to her. shes nice and all, but the sparks aren't flying." then the bill comes and as i often do (even with male friends) i say 'don't worry i'll get it." then she says "no. 50/50, I insist!" OR "that's sweet. but next time I pay!" - BAM my IL rises.

i love women who understand that money doesn't grow on trees and who appreciate that me spending a little on them should be appreciated, not expected.

ABSOLUTELY! I agree with you 100%.