Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help With Match.com

HereToImprove

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just signed up for this site and I am getting some decent response to my ad, but I have one problem.

Where is the IM client? People talk all about Match.com Messenger, all other dating sites have one, yet I can't find it to save my life. Their customer service never returned my email about it, and I want to know if anyone knows what is up with it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
match.com is over rated.

the client should just pop up.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by HereToImprove

Where is the IM client? People talk all about Match.com Messenger, all other dating sites have one, yet I can't find it to save my life. Their customer service never returned my email about it, and I want to know if anyone knows what is up with it.
They changes somehting in the interface and I has not able to get that IM at all. The customer service said somthing like " should be there... keep looking". Hm.

But I am ok with it: the IM they have is a piece of crap if you compare to any other messenger.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think they have IM anymore. Match is like that...add a feature, then take it away a few months later. Don't know what's going on with them...and if it weren't for the fact that that's where the best pickings are online (from my experience), I'd boycott them completely.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Match.com got rid of it's IM feature months ago.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Yeah, Match.com got rid of it's IM feature months ago.
I was looking for non-existent thing then haha

Notice how crooked they are: they get rid of the good feature - IM helps qualifiing women, makes communication better.. and they added some stupid stalking features when they can see if you were online, if you looked at her profile...
It seems they want to make communication as hard as possible to make more money of people.

phillyb

Don Juan
Reaction score
match did away with the im thing, and they are constantly making it so that nonpaying members will never be able to contact you. They strip email addresses and will not let you know who is a paying member or not. The guy to girl ratio is like 80 to 1. My advice: don't waste your money on that garbage. If your into the online thing, try yahoo or something else. Match is run by the gestapo!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by phillyb
match did away with the im thing, and they are constantly making it so that nonpaying members will never be able to contact you. They strip email addresses and will not let you know who is a paying member or not. The guy to girl ratio is like 80 to 1. My advice: don't waste your money on that garbage. If your into the online thing, try yahoo or something else. Match is run by the gestapo!
All of the pay services do the same thing. It's a business, what do you expect? With dating sites you get what you pay for. However, it seems that the majority of the complaints are from people unwilling to pay for their services.

I don't understand why people feel it is so expensive. Match.com's yearly subcription is less than $3 a week. I guess that's why some guys are so frustrated with dating. If they aren't willing to spend $3 a week on the service, you can only imagine how cheap they are on a date!
:crackup: :crackup: :D :crackup: :crackup:

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of the pay services do the same thing. It's a business, what do you expect?
With dating sites you get what you pay for.

However, it seems that the majority of the complaints are from people unwilling to pay for their services.
It is a business all right, but at least they should try to make it better for customers - I dont mind pay more if they really improve the communication. What they all do is to make commuincation worth, so you and I won't find anyone and keep paying them those $3. I pay and I dont compliain about it.

They just do business in a wrong way.

When a company is selling food, they at least trying to make it taste better. This is what customers want.

Dating web sites make communication worse and worse.. and this is not what customers want.

a). Why the heck they put age in the very first position? Can't they simply have age ranges somewhere inside teh profile?

b) why they have so many unimportant stuff - they have hundreds of search options 90% of them are just meanless.
Was it done for distraction?

c) IM messenger! When match.com has it - it was working horribly.

d) Why dont they let women to join for free? Noooo... they should pay.... probably good 30-50% of women on the site are non-paying members. When you contact her - they strip your email address from your letter and she can't contact you back.
So why they need those members who do not pay? Just to attract more members?

e) they do horrible things with pics - they compress it to the point when it looks awful and cut it any way they wanted...

And they have gut to say they are improving...

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrLuvr
I don't understand.. if they strip away your email addresses in the message, how and when are you supposed to exchange contact information?
Good question. Ideally they seem want you to email each other only through their system.

But you can try to send your email anyway in this form:
mrluvr at yahoo com - for exmaple. It worked for match last time I tried.
They look for some keys like @ or .com... or something else and then strip the whole line that has it.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just did...
Thats a healthy complaint: I am thinking about specific things that they can easily improve, and it would nto cost them anything.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never seen an email address stripped from a message before, so I don't know what you people are talking about.

As far as the complaint about listing your age-- WTF?!? If you are an old man trying to score with younger girls, they have a right to know that you were born in the bronze age. Why not just be upfront about your, ahem, "life experience," and qualify women based on whether they like YOU and not who you pretend to be. Deceiving girls about your age is no better than the fat pig who lists her body type as "about average," then when you meet them you find out their a$$ has it's own congressman.

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hen when you meet them you find out their a$$ has it's own congressman.
LOL. I wonder which state would get the most representatives if it were based on weight . . .

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09

As far as the complaint about listing your age-- WTF?!? If you are an old man trying to score with younger girls, they have a right to know that you were born in the bronze age. Why not just be upfront about your, ahem, "life experience,"
I dont think anyone is going to lie a lot about his age.
The problem is dating site is too focused on the age: it is on the top, the search feature start with age.. etc. So everything is tied up with age.
The porblme is it is not natural: in real life you see a person, guestiate age and act. Online they made age somehting all people should lookfor...which is odd and unnatural.
Why do they do that? I dont know.. seem like a conspiracy to improve online dating business.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you explain how that improves business? I don't see the correlation.

brat-buster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take match for what it is...............A place to meet biatches that will fvck. Ok so most have larger that normal a$$eS but who the fvck cares if you only practicing your shyt.

I've pulled chicks from match that have turned out to be 7's. My one bro pulls match biatches all the time. last week alone he pulled 3 from match. 1-cow, 1-average and 1 hottie. I think it cost him about 20 bean between the coffee and match fees.

The IM sucked anyways

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I got no problem with Match. I've been on there three months and I've met at least a dozen girls. Before I go any further let me explain that I classify girls in two ways: acceptable and unacceptable. Meaning that when I meet a girl she is either an acceptable sexual partner or she isn't. There is rarely a gray area (although alcohol helps). About half of the girls I've met from match were much heavier than their pictures (and their words) suggested, thereby deeming them unacceptable on account of their size. Three girls in particular were total hippos that made me want to vomit. Of the other half, all were acceptable to bang, and I closed the deal on four of them. That's 4 out of 12, or a 33% success rate on meets... I would say not bad for $50 over a three month period. (Note: 3 of those 4 f*cked on the very first meeting)

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
when I meet a girl she is either an acceptable sexual partner or she isn't.
Of the other half, all were acceptable to bang, and I closed the deal on four of them. That's 4 out of 12, or a 33% success rate on meets... I would say not bad for $50 over a three month period. (Note: 3 of those 4 f*cked on the very first meeting)
Thats very impressive!!! 6 out 12 were acceptable?? I happene the women I met on match were of decent size...but I would not call them accptbale, there were no chemistry... Out of approx 10 only two were attractive to bang and one of the two one didn't like me. Thats 1 out of 10!

Man, can you bang anyone who is moving? Thats also very impressive....I wish I had that level of testosterone..

Age on match: I look a lot younger in my pics, and women tend to not believe me about my age. Moreover, some women want men only from very specific age groups... it doesnt happen in real life: they dont really care about the age.
But when match push age criteria that much, it becomes weird.

It will not imprve business of course, since only bad features can improve business: if less people find decent mathes then more of those people would stick with match longer and pay more money - business is improving. If the feature helps to find good matches - they dont want it.