Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help With Match.com

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomniac
What's a good response?
Just leave it alone, forget about her. Baltic Republic?

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Just leave it alone, forget about her. Baltic Republic?
Lithuania...

Even in the "forget about her" situations I like to try something for purely the learning experience. Believe me, I've sabotaged a lot of opportunities for the sake of knowledge.

OK, I know some women are "nice enough" that they'll go out of their way to give you an excuse that will relieve all guilt from their conscience. But let's just for the hell of it say that this isn't one of those, even though it probably is. If it were, then any response is equally pointless. The way I see it...no response equals nothing. Any response equals nothing or 1 out of a 100 something. Why not spend 1 minute composing a short response?

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So write back. You lose nothing. But if she asks for money to help her out, then blow, it's a scam.

Overall, online is a waste of time for 90% of the men. We are just subsidizing the 10% with great pics. You already know that. So what's the point?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

a week after I last wrote to her, she responds saying she was in a car accident. Her whole e-mail was describing the accident, and she even attached pictures of her totaled car (looked authentic and pretty bad).

Don't really know how to respond. I figured after three days when she didin't respond that she had flaked, and so I stopped caring.

What's a good response?
Obviously there is something fishy since she stopped responding and then suddenly told you abou tthe accident.
But we dont know for sure what happened - did she find another guy? Did she get bored with him and wante dto get back to you?
Does she simple need a ride/help from you?
What did she ask you? nothing? Just stated she got into an accident?

Be cool, pretend as if nothing happened:
"So your car doesn't shine anymore, how sad...:(
... you were "sleeping" on your airbags yesterday?"

I.e. deploy you C&F as if nothing happened.
Do you want to go out with her? Then maybe offer some - she would appreciate this.

"so you are a carless girl this week. Do you need a ride? I know some cool destinations around YYYY town"

Of course respond - why not? If you offer some simple help (a ride for exmaple...I dont believe she would ask you , a starnger for money. If she does - you know what to do...)
Anyway, you will have a chance to meet her and talk to her and look like a cool helpful guy.
But obviously dont spend the whole day with her.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lithuania...

Even in the "forget about her" situations I like to try something for purely the learning experience. Believe me, I've sabotaged a lot of opportunities for the sake of knowledge.

OK, I know some women are "nice enough" that they'll go out of their way to give you an excuse that will relieve all guilt from their conscience. But let's just for the hell of it say that this isn't one of those, even though it probably is. If it were, then any response is equally pointless. The way I see it...no response equals nothing. Any response equals nothing or 1 out of a 100 something. Why not spend 1 minute composing a short response?
All of this for a chick in the Baltics... Does this not seem like a waste of time to anyone other than me?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of this for a chick in the Baltics... Does this not seem like a waste of time to anyone other than me?
I am not sure what you are trying to say...look:

She's from a Baltic republic, mid twenities, working on a graduate degree here the last few years, and seemed to be on the "nice girl" side of the specturm.
I got that she is _here_, working on her degree and she is not somewhere in the Baltics.
Why would it be waste of time to get to know this chick?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just seems like a lot of effort for a woman who has a mediocre interest level at best. It may just be my naiveté but I feel that time is better spent with women who are genuinely interested.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
D@mn double post... :cuss:

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They forgot . . .

* Live in a house with 12 cats (3 dead) and smell like LitterMaid

* Too ugly to cross street during Code Orange terror alerts

* Mom only unlocks cage on Wed's for a little "one on one" ... to tired after that to go out

* Need to check oven timer 158 times, re-align all shoes in closet to face south by south-east, and count to 48,002 by 12's before stepping outside (haven't been outside since 1999)

* Can't tolerate sun (and nightblind)

* No penis

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, no. She's been living here less than two miles away the past five years. I agree it'd be a waste of time if otherwise.

I sent a pithy two sentence reply. Took less than five minutes. That's the end of my effort and thoughts about it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, no. She's been living here less than two miles away the past five years. I agree it'd be a waste of time if otherwise.

I sent a pithy two sentence reply. Took less than five minutes. That's the end of my effort and thoughts about it.
Got'cha. Onward and upward. :up:

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, another match question.

HB10 I just have to write to. Do you think C&F would work? Or should I lay back on it a little?

GermanDreamGirl

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, another match question.

hahaha, I have seen a very similar profile, but the pic was much much better, with crooked teeth and stuff.

Much more interesting is to post a good model pic and average joe profile. That was an awesome experiment: women of all ages and looks send emails "aahhhh... you are so intelligent! You got a good personality...blah blah" when in fact he just look really good: tall, lean, serious.... Women dig looks a lot! But there is nothing can be done to actually improve looks I think.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Huh? By no means did I have anything to do with that. This is the work of some local prankster. It turned up in my search of locals, and thought it'd be worth posting for a laugh. "My perfect date would start with a romantic dinner at Famous Dave's and then end in my dungeon where I will beat you senslessly, then knock you to the floor in a pool of blood. " Pretty good, whoever it was who put it up.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Look who's back...Lithuanian girl...

"How have things been with you? Did you go on your trip to Europe? I just thought I would drop you a line to see if you wanted to talk more.

Well, I am school-free now, however, I feel that I might be going back to school at some point in my life again. I had my brother from back home visiting me here couple weeks ago and we had a great trip to Bryce and Grand Canyons. It felt great there! I am back to wanting to enjoy life and meeting people"

We talked online two months ago but never met, and I'm suspecting she started seeing someone at the time and that's why she didn't respond. It seems that didn't work out, and I'm the backup.

I'm treating this as an experiment, as she's at the bottom of my list and I could care less. What would be the best response?

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When doing the online thing I have always put this as my headline:

"Not conceited, just convinced!"

It works great if followed by a C&F profile!

Keep it short, funny, and hint that there is more to know.....

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
match.com sucks ass. You can't even respond to mail unless you pay.

There are two far better services out there...

www.matchmaker.com

and

www.cupid.com

matchmaker is the best dating site, in my opinion. The people seem to be of higher quality. YOU can contact people for free during the free trial period and you can alway respond when someone contacts you.

cupid allows free account members to respond to mail for free and send eye contacts for free to show interest.

Both typically have a lot of members.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Look who's back...Lithuanian girl...

"How have things been with you? Did you go on your trip to Europe? I just thought I would drop you a line to see if you wanted to talk more.

Well, I am school-free now, however, I feel that I might be going back to school at some point in my life again. I had my brother from back home visiting me here couple weeks ago and we had a great trip to Bryce and Grand Canyons. It felt great there! I am back to wanting to enjoy life and meeting people"

We talked online two months ago but never met, and I'm suspecting she started seeing someone at the time and that's why she didn't respond. It seems that didn't work out, and I'm the backup.

I'm treating this as an experiment, as she's at the bottom of my list and I could care less. What would be the best response?
No one gave any responses as how to reply. :( I just said, hi, I'm busy, but might have time to talk to you, how was your trip? Got back a three paragraph response from her...but a week later. She's still flakey. My intuition tells me she's still involved with some other guy, but seeing what's out there. I'll play along.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say "Sure, let's meet for coffee and reaquaint ourselves. I know this great shop Uptown. Meet me there (insert place, date and time)."

Her answer will tell you her interest level.