Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gunman kills 21 on Virginia Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
His name was actually Cho Seung-Hui...the news initially put his last name first.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
He was an English student at the school and was able to identify him from student records.

Here's something interesting , it's said that they found a receipt on him from a recent gun purchase.
Yeah, they found the receipts in his backpack. They also found a letter. When he left the first scene he went back to his dorm room and got more ammo and then went to the second area. He lived in the dorms, but not the one where the first shooting took place.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The shooter's name was Cho Seung-Hui and was a Korean who was in the US legally. He was a senior English student. Apparently he left a note, so once the details of that come out we might get a better idea of why he chose to do this.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Maybe I'm a cowboy at heart, or love what "The Gunslinger" stands for, but I'd revel in "packing heat' holstered to my hip. In maine, as you well know, nearly every home has a gun, nearly every teenage boy knows how to shoot and hunt, and nearly every mainard leaves their home open and car unlocked. In the wilderness of more populated states, people would lock up and fear going out. In more populated areas we actually fear crowds and implement controls. Isn't that a bit ironic?

It probably isn't realistic to think a college would allow holstered guns, BUT, citizens IN GENERAL should be allowed to have them on their person. What's the point of actually HAVING one, since you can't plan WHEN you may need it, if you can't have it at all times, except say, on a planes, in the white house, etc??

I'm speculating here, and it maybe never, or it may take awhile, but the best deterrent to evil elements here WOULD be to arm and train the populace.

Interesting points of note...

*Doctors say the shooter was methodical and trained, putting no less than 3 bullets per victim, many of them 3 taps to the head
*The Shooter chained the doors closed, preventing access/exit. What kind of enraged lover plots with chains to conceal a door?

As sick as it sounds, theorists are calling it a black op, trying to push for MORE gun control by means of a staged event such as this. Oddly enough, VA is a state with ALOT of gun ownership and use, and even concealed weapons laws. Yet, the campus just passed a law banning ALL weapons from campus. Guess that wasn't a bright idea, now was it? I'd rather have the redneck next to me packing, who knows how to use, so if Johnny China-Man rolls in packing, we have a fighting chance.

You want to prevent such instances?

Have everyone packing heat.

How polite would people be now?

A-Unit

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PigAdlemPimp said:
This proves that if a dude kills 32 others before himself he becomes an instant celebrity after his death, if he only kills himself no one outside of his own family and freinds will ever hear about it, within a couple of years a blockbuster movie will be made about this, there are no laws for people who are prepared to end their own lives, they can do whatever they wish to before they do that.
Says a lot about society, doesn't it?

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all I just want to say that I ment no disrespect to the victims by posting this thread.

I'm not one for political correctness (I think it is cowardly) and because of that there is nothing wrong with talking about the underlying issues here. If you don't like this thread then move on. Go cry in your room or something.

I think this is an extreme example of what can happen when a guy grows up thinking that a woman or having a woman is all that maters in life. I'll bet this guy was the bigest AFC on the planet. I'll bet he did just about everything for this girl and as a result she just ****ed around on him.

The people in the media are clueless. Today on my local radio station a woman blamed the way that boys grow up for this. She tried to say that boys think they can control girls and own them, and that they are better then girls. I would argue that it is infact the feminist who are the root cause for it. They tell boys to kiss the ass of women and that their reward will be a woman who will love them. They put women at the center of everything a boy does. This couldn't be more wrong.

I'm sure all the feminists will jump on this and blame men for being men and use it as a reason to further feminise us.

The Desperation that AFCs feel is the root cause. The desperation is a result of our feminised society

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire show some of that respect you're preaching and don't troll this thread by suggesting anything on this site would encourage someone to go on a gun rampage.

Or did I miss the 'Why Hors Must Be Massacred' thread?

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
AFCs are too considerate of other people to kill 32 people and then turn the gun on himself. An AFC would have just killed himself.
you are right that AFCs would for the most part would just kill themselves. That happens a lot. But there are rare cases where the afc goes nuts and kills the girl too. You just don't hear about it unless many people die.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I spent 10 years in Vermont...which has a false reputation as being the most liberal state in the country. In Vermont you don't even need a permit to carry concealed. The crime rate there is pretty low overall. Hunting is big there as well. It's not guns that are the problem. The problem is social issues.

He left a disturbing letter in his dorm room between the shootings. He planned this. Korea is known for very violent video games. That's probably where he garnered his tactics from. That's not saying that anyone should blame video games...because millions of people play them and don't do things like this.

One reported mentioned that he had some kind of court issue on the 9th. I wonder if he was harassing the girl who was shot in the dorm room. It's just a horrible tragedy...

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

In a way video games CAN be to blame.

You're allowed to "practice" out what it is you're thinking.
It also practices hand-eye coordination. I've played some insanely good players in game where they can move a controller quite fast. Sounding dumb as it might be, playing hours upon hours in a fake world, aiming at people all day, gives you alot of time to practice thinking it through, plotting, planning, aiming, honing your hand-eye coordination, timing, thoughts, and immersing oneself in a fantasy world. Some people even go that far to extrapolate it to the real world.

Moreover, tests confirm people can gain as much practice THINKING mentally about what they're going to do and working through (Maxwell Maltz's Theatre of the Mind), that if a person is prone to such violence, they can practice it out INGAME. A video game won't necessarily MAKE a person violent, but it gives them a virtual forum to act out their aggressions before taking them to the real world if they chose.

It's the same position on weapons...guns don't kill people, people kill people. The weapon is only an instrument of simplicity for carrying out their intent.

A-Unit

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Wyldfire show some of that respect you're preaching and don't troll this thread by suggesting anything on this site would encourage someone to go on a gun rampage.

Or did I miss the 'Why Hors Must Be Massacred' thread?
I talked with the person directly affected by this last night...and I have shown respect.

I'm also stating the truth...a truth that every person on this site needs to recognize. You don't go on a shooting rampage when you take responsibility for your life choices, mistakes, etc. You don't go on a shooting rampage when you make it a habit to NOT blame others for those choices and mistakes. When you let the blame, anger and bitterness simmer inside of you and take on the attitude that you have to be "alpha" it can mess up your thinking badly. There is WAY too much blame, anger, bitterness and attitude of having to appear "alpha" on this site. Over the last two days there was a thread I was posting in about a member here being "AMOGed" in a bar. Members were encouraging the OP to confront and fight over a girl who was a complete stranger just to defend his right to talk to this girl exclusively because some other guy took her attention away from the OP.

I'm posting what I am because the guys here REALLY need to take on a completely different mindset because the one of blaming, bitterness and anger is NOT healthy.

I'm not saying any of the posters here would do something like this...but at the same time you guys have no idea what kind of people are reading this forum and the posts on here. People need to be more responsible about what they write here...that is the point I'm attempting to make...because someone capable of this kind of thing might be reading it.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
00Kevin said:
you are right that AFCs would for the most part would just kill themselves. That happens a lot. But there are rare cases where the afc goes nuts and kills the girl too. You just don't hear about it unless many people die.
Yeah, but I don't think that is the case here. According to reports the shooter had some kind of criminal charges last month...not sure of the nature of them yet, though. He left a letter, but the nature of that hasn't come out yet either.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it came out that this guy had sites like this bookmarked on his computer. I wish I could honestly say that I don't believe that. I've been saying for a long time that members here need to stop and think about who might be reading what they write when they let loose all the anger and bitter posts. I hope something positive can come out of this horrible tragedy...I really do.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow how screwed up is the world getting. priests and child molestation, women teachers sleeping with students, school shootings, iraq war, racism, etc.

i was disguisted at some of my fellow canadians at the gym today watching the headline news about the shootings. they said "god america is screwed up". i'm glad i don't live down there. they said "they always make fun of us canadians but at least we don't go shooting up our schools and our teachers don't sleep with our students and i don't know why we followed the americans into the iraq war." i told them to shut the f@ck up. i said just a year ago a guy walked into a school in montreal and asked the men to leave the class and he murdered the women feminists in the class. don't be so stupid.

i played on xboxlive today and there was a few asian guys playing on the server and people brought up that it was an asian that shot up the schools and they deserve to all die and alot of people joined in. then one american guy said we should just drop a nuke on you guys again. and the asain guy said maybe we should get some of our kamakazi pilots to fly some planes into your buildings. then they booted the asian players out because it must have hit a nerve.

i am still moving to america because i still believe in the american dream. what we need is an alien invasion or some crap like that so that all of mankind can put their differences a side and unite. isn't there any good left in man.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
A-Unit...yeah, I agree that video games can help train people to do things like this and be more effective at it. That being said...millions of people play these kinds of games and they aren't going out and doing this. It's just like guns. Yes, they are used in situations like this...but you can't blame guns for it. If a person wants to kill, they are going to find a way to do it if they really want to do it badly enough to decide to do it in the first place.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen to that A-Unit, and thank you.

Being a conservationist and ex-military, I'm quite a shot. In fact, every weapon I would hold at the range would net me an "expert" qualification clasp for my uniform.

I had my Beretta in my fist just last night, and the day before that at the range, actually. I own several firearms, but only one sidearm, and it's a .22 with a red dot.

Now, I'll have you know that I've been putting all 10 in a group the size of a quarter at 25 yards. Pace out 25 yards, and press a quarter up against your eye. I can only imagine how many people wished there was one round they could have borrowed from me. A .22 bullet costs less than a nickel.

People who are afraid of guns will cite a situation like this as a reason have "better gun control". Right. Just like we should have "better drug control"? People will get guns regardless of how easy it is, or how legal it is. And if they don't, they will make them themselves, just like drugs.

No, "better gun control" will only penalize the non-psycho population. Instead, free-carry should be encouraged. You need only look at the lobby scene from the Matrix to show how ridiculous "gun control" is. If you were motivated to, you can bring a gun wherever you please. When I say motivated, I mean "ready to use it". Obviously, Mr. VT shooter was motivated to bring a gun wherever he pleased.

That guy would have gotten ONE shot off before he had 4-5 rounds in him had free carry been the norm.

I say, prior/current military should receive automatic "free carry" approval, and regular civilians should have to attend a training course should they want to carry. Of course, all would be licensed, just as they are now. But consider the National Guard, Reservists, and Inactive Reserve: they are civilian/soldiers.

I've rubbed elbows with some shady, shady characters while I was in, after I was out, and before. I've seen some hairy situations unfold, and guns have come out to play... I was the only person that didn't have one. WTF?

Just like locks on a car, it only keeps honest people honest. Gun "control" only keeps sane people unarmed.

GRRRR! It's ridiculous that people are so... so... naive!

For example, pipe bomb control.

Pipe bombs aren't legal.

Anthrax-laced letters aren't legal. Hijacking airplanes and crashing them into buildings isn't legal. Explosives in your shoes isn't legal, either.

What are you going to do? Make sharpened sticks illegal? Make steak knives illegal? Box cutters? Glass bottles? Rocks? Baseball bats? Chains?

Why hasn't anyone made CRAZIES Illegal?

"Gun control" is just ridiculous "sheep" logic: Mr. Shepard, please protect us from the wolves! Make his teeth illegal, make attacking sheep illegal, and make him running faster than us illegal. Keep hundreds of us all together really close, Mr. Shepard, and carry a stick to protect us! We're scared!

Duh.

The students were fish in a barrel because of gun control.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With all due respect Wyldfire, this is a men's forum. Leaving late is better than never. But since you're a self-admitted active female participate, then obviously more blame rests with the moderators. Maybe the mods should reevaluate just who this forum is for?

Again, i dont mean any disrespect. But there is no doubt you're in the wrong place.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it came out that this guy had sites like this bookmarked on his computer.
You've got to be f'n kidding me. You're trying to pin this on being DJ alpha?

AGAIN, DJs don't get ONEITIS. Or kill themselves (not to mention innocent bystanders). If you end up killing yourself, that defeats the whole purpose of AMOGing others... Suicide is about the most AFC thing you can do! Especially over a GIRL!

Make no mistake, this guy was an EXTREME AFC. Oh boo-hoo I luurrved this girl sooo much, my whole life became completely pointless after she dumped me waahhhhhh! Post #14 was SPOT-ON! If he had only come to this site and gotten deprogrammed from the Fematrix...this tragedy could have been avoided!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
insanity said:
wow how screwed up is the world getting. priests and child molestation, women teachers sleeping with students, school shootings, iraq war, racism, etc.

i was disguisted at some of my fellow canadians at the gym today watching the headline news about the shootings. they said "god america is screwed up". i'm glad i don't live down there. they said "they always make fun of us canadians but at least we don't go shooting up our schools and our teachers don't sleep with our students and i don't know why we followed the americans into the iraq war." i told them to shut the f@ck up. i said just a year ago a guy walked into a school in montreal and asked the men to leave the class and he murdered the women feminists in the class. don't be so stupid.

i played on xboxlive today and there was a few asian guys playing on the server and people brought up that it was an asian that shot up the schools and they deserve to all die and alot of people joined in. then one american guy said we should just drop a nuke on you guys again. and the asain guy said maybe we should get some of our kamakazi pilots to fly some planes into your buildings. then they booted the asian players out because it must have hit a nerve.

i am still moving to america because i still believe in the american dream. what we need is an alien invasion or some crap like that so that all of mankind can put their differences a side and unite. isn't there any good left in man.
See how people go right into blaming other groups or people, or guns or whatever? People need to STOP blaming and START having some damn personal responsibility and accountability.

This kid was a Korean, but he had lived in the United States since he was 8 years old. It wasn't about his nationality...it was about his anger, bitterness and blaming instead of taking responsibility. That is the MAIN problem with society...it's always someone else's or something else's fault. Bull$hit.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Yeah, but I don't think that is the case here. According to reports the shooter had some kind of criminal charges last month...not sure of the nature of them yet, though. He left a letter, but the nature of that hasn't come out yet either.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it came out that this guy had sites like this bookmarked on his computer. I wish I could honestly say that I don't believe that. I've been saying for a long time that members here need to stop and think about who might be reading what they write when they let loose all the anger and bitter posts. I hope something positive can come out of this horrible tragedy...I really do.
This forum is sometimes used as an outlet to publish the anger of many AFCs. Would you rather them go out and shoot people? If anyone blames this forum or the people here for the actions of crazy murding AFCs then they are just idiots.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not blaming....I'm saying that instead of reveling in each other's anger and bitterness it might be a good idea to encourage people to actually deal with those feelings and learn to take responsibility for their own feelings instead of blaming.

Blaming is the main problem with society...everyone has an excuse why the do things or why things don't work out how they want. Self-responsibility is something that NEEDS to be encouraged on this site and the bad habit of blaming needs to be nipped in the bud right from the get go when a person first shows up on this site.

That's the point I'm attempting to make here. People should think before they post to people who are angry and blaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.