Gunman kills 21 on Virginia Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Your argument is flawed and just for the kicker the guy who did this was Chinese, a group who are often being stereotype as being book smart and passive so that should also throw this belief out the window. You can be black, white, yellow or purple it don't matter. If you are fvcked in the head you are fvcked in the head and you are capable of any sh1t.
Sorry to offend anybody. I know anyone is capable of almost anything. I think it was messed up to go to school and have that happen. I was working when it happened and only one lady told me what was going on. My mom didn't even know. All I really know is that we need better gun control. If I could get a gun then that would be a sad day.

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
See that's why guns are good for responsible citizens, if someone SANE had a gun that killer would have only killed 2 at most. The point of gun is to protect yourself from criminals, enemies of the nation and corrupt government. Canada has guns legal too but their crime rate involving guns are lower than the U.S. Why? Probably because they don't have so many nutjobs.

The police handleing was pathetic, at 7 a.m. the first shooting took place, two people were killed. After having an ORGANIZED MEETING with the F*CKING SCHOOL, the police and the school board decided to continueing the normal classes and didn't warn anyone who came in. THEY SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE F*CKING SCHOOL DOWN AND FIND THE MOTHERF*CKER, BUT NO THEY DECIDED TO JUST HOPE THAT THE SHOOTER LEFT AFTER HE KILLED TWO PEOPLE. Those cops should all be fired, they failed to protect 30 innocent lives. WTF were they doin? They were ON campus from the first shooting and there was a 2-3 hour period between the first and second shooting. Once the second shooting started all of them should have ran to the asian mofo and killed him.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
It's not gun control...I've always lived in areas where darn near every home has guns and the crime rate is actually some of the lowest in the country. It's a societal problem, not a weapon problem. If someone is hell bent on killing mass amounts of people and can't get a gun they will just build a home made bomb instead. Adding more gun laws is like trying to stop the bleeding from a major artery with a band aid.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Ricorico,

If I could negative rep you on here for that comment I would. 33 people being killed randomly and aimlessly has NOTHING to do with what the secret expounded upon. NOTHING whatsoever. Like religion, like god, like this universe, we all have different interpretations of readings and passages. I'm not backing up the Secret 100%, as I've gone down that road, but to use THIS occurence as some way to prove another vendetta or poor argument you have is immature and demonstrates very poor character.

That said...highly religious people would say "god has a plan" and this was part of it. We don't know what life is, how we got here, or anything else. As the observers and the observered, there's an inherent bias in trying to figure out life while we're also A part of the life we're trying to figure out. How can one accurately determine life if the way we determine it is with the same tool, which is hardly precise? Please, don't extrapolate incidents to make them fit your argument. I believe that was one of the Biases pointed out in the lengthy and wasteful threads before.

Who knows why and how this thing happened. 9-11 was obviously as bad, too, worse some would say. Can they be prevented? Probably not. Which is why each day and moment should be lived to the fullest, whatever the fullest is to you. One would wish that people could have done something at the first death, but if he was packing an automatic it's rather hard to stand up to that when you're hoping he doesn't even fire.

In fact, in this day and age, it emphasizes the point of self-sufficiency, personal responsibility and emotional control MORE THAN EVER. In all likelihood, this guy would have benefited (if it was passionate rage and anger) from an awakening here. That he's not subject to some "plan" and can break that plan. If like merely planned, then we'd have no free will. Unless of course that's an illusion, too? People have free will to feel, to choose everything, to take action or not, to think, to love, to hate.

None of us can fathom the depth of such a situation, and we shouldn't try to "box" it in with such meaningless quip phrases from this site. It's truly a sad day and my prayers go out to all those involved.

A-Unit

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is my last post tonight

its great to see that complete strangers out there care because it shows you that for every bad person we have in this world, there are thousands more good people....our society is having some difficulties in terms of crime and lost souls and today demonstrates just that

as far as gun control...i really have nothing to say here but you can be sure if someone else in class had a gun on them because it was legal this would have ended a lot sooner....

also as far as the university and police reaction to the event; i agree completely that it was a poor decision made and im not saying it would have been avoided, but its possible the situation may not have turned out as it did... i think the president of the university and the police chief with both lose their jobs, and i think they deserve to.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
D'light said:
this is my last post tonight

its great to see that complete strangers out there care because it shows you that for every bad person we have in this world, there are thousands more good people....our society is having some difficulties in terms of crime and lost souls and today demonstrates just that

as far as gun control...i really have nothing to say here but you can be sure if someone else in class had a gun on them because it was legal this would have ended a lot sooner....

also as far as the university and police reaction to the event; i agree completely that it was a poor decision made and im not saying it would have been avoided, but its possible the situation may not have turned out as it did... i think the president of the university and the police chief with both lose their jobs, and i think they deserve to.
I agree about whoever made the call not to cancel all classes and lock down the campus after the first shooting...they should be fired. It didn't matter whether they thought they were dealing with a domestic issue or not...they didn't know for sure and there was an armed killer on campus who had just murdered two students in cold blood. They should have had officers at the entrances of all roads to campus turning everyone away and alerted all buildings to lock down immediately. Granted, hindsight is 20/20 and those who made the call never wanted something so horrible to happen...but NOT taking maximum precautions was simply the worst decision to make. You err on the side of caution in situations like this.

My heart goes out to each and every one of the students and staff at VT and the families of all involved. Such a senseless tragedy...

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree with Wyld here, someone's gotta get canned.

And tarred & feathered.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
First...one of the forum members is a student at Virginia Tech and a resident of the dorm. He was also a friend of the Residential Advisor who was killed.

Second...the shooter sounds more like a guy who felt he had to "defend his manhood" over a girl...or a guy who was angry and bitter and blamed his ex girlfriend for his unhappiness. Sound familiar? You guys should do a lot of reflecting on this tragedy...blaming and hating on females, allowing anger and bitterness to fester and obsessing over acting "alpha" is not healthy.

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I accept this tradegy on the availability of guns and yet I like having access to guns. Unfortunately being alpha is just part of the deal to being a man.

Anyway, that guy wouldn't have listened to us anyway... It takes at least the second breakup before the breakthrough..

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
8000 posts and you still don't have a clue, Wyldfire

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Umm I think this thread is slightly tasteless and should be deleted.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
Ricorico,

If I could negative rep you on here for that comment I would. 33 people being killed randomly and aimlessly has NOTHING to do with what the secret expounded upon. NOTHING whatsoever. Like religion, like god, like this universe, we all have different interpretations of readings and passages. I'm not backing up the Secret 100%, as I've gone down that road, but to use THIS occurence as some way to prove another vendetta or poor argument you have is immature and demonstrates very poor character.

That said...highly religious people would say "god has a plan" and this was part of it. We don't know what life is, how we got here, or anything else. As the observers and the observered, there's an inherent bias in trying to figure out life while we're also A part of the life we're trying to figure out. How can one accurately determine life if the way we determine it is with the same tool, which is hardly precise? Please, don't extrapolate incidents to make them fit your argument. I believe that was one of the Biases pointed out in the lengthy and wasteful threads before.

Who knows why and how this thing happened. 9-11 was obviously as bad, too, worse some would say. Can they be prevented? Probably not. Which is why each day and moment should be lived to the fullest, whatever the fullest is to you. One would wish that people could have done something at the first death, but if he was packing an automatic it's rather hard to stand up to that when you're hoping he doesn't even fire.

In fact, in this day and age, it emphasizes the point of self-sufficiency, personal responsibility and emotional control MORE THAN EVER. In all likelihood, this guy would have benefited (if it was passionate rage and anger) from an awakening here. That he's not subject to some "plan" and can break that plan. If like merely planned, then we'd have no free will. Unless of course that's an illusion, too? People have free will to feel, to choose everything, to take action or not, to think, to love, to hate.

None of us can fathom the depth of such a situation, and we shouldn't try to "box" it in with such meaningless quip phrases from this site. It's truly a sad day and my prayers go out to all those involved.

A-Unit
Are you F***ing kidding? I feel really bad at this moment and wrote that to prove at no point do good people attract the bad things that happen because there are some really messed up people on this Earth who have evil thoughts . Acting on them without any control from you or me . I think for someone to say the victims somehow attracted it is the worts thing to say and I've already heard that BS about this very issue yesterday and it does not hold water with me!!! The same way it does not hold water anytime there are mass random killings of innocent people. Try telling their families that and see what they will say.

Those poor victims had NOTHING to do with their fate yesterday.The police did not do their part in , the school did not do what they should have. I pray for the people who lost their lives yesterday because all they did was get up and go to school with positive thoughts in trying to get a better education and moving ahead towards a good future. The reason I brought up the whole "Secret" BS is that in situations like that, many look at the "victims" and say they somehow attracted their fate. That explaination to me is mean and self centered as it blames the victim for their fate. Not the gunman, the school or the police. Who as someone says "All have blood on their hands".

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
8000 posts and you still don't have a clue, Wyldfire
What was I just saying in that AMOG thread about how dangerous and stupid it can be to fight over a girl? Rumors are saying that this guy was angry about his ex girlfriend finding some other guy. The sad thing is...if he had of come here with that anger, most of the guys here would not have tried to calm him down and help him see his own issues. Instead his anger would have been encouraged by some. This is why I have said many times that the level of anger and bitterness on this site is bad and that people need to be more responsible when giving advice and posting things.

That being said...one of our members lost a friend and lives in the dorm where the first shootings took place. This is the second thread where someone has tried to make a horrible tragedy about the shooter being an "AFC". Not only are these kinds of threads in very poor taste...they also simply aren't true. AFCs are too considerate of other people to kill 32 people and then turn the gun on himself. An AFC would have just killed himself.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I was not kidding. I'm glad to see you're remorseful, but an event like this shouldn't be used as means of example for such trivialities.

A problem this highlights, though, is Gun Control vs Gun Ownership. After listening to the radio, and what some obviously idiotic people think, it's become increasingly clear that the only way such a situation could have been prevented is through Gun Ownership. If even ONE of those students was armed, half those people might not have died. If the shooter KNEW one of them could own a gun, or even that the professor did, he'd have thought TWICE, THRICE, and four times about pulling that off. That might not have saved the purported Xgf, but certainly that saves 31 lives.

Everyday, people drive a more dangerous weapon, a car. And everyday people kill someone. Rolling around on 20+ gallons of fuel, with a massive object weighing at least 1 ton, no one stops to think of the weapons, should we "choose" around us that we have available to inflict harm. A gun is merely simplicity. You see it coming, and there's nothing you can do. It can be done from a distance. And it's "viewed" that only dangerous people have guns.

From what I've heard, and I know this will be altered, it was a Foreign Exchange student who found 2 handguns, illegally. The serial numbers were scratched down to nothing. If he can get them, anyone can. More oversite, more supervision is NOT what we need. We need a MORE active community. A more active body of citizens, who's willing to deter threats by their presence. That fat lady COULD be an asset to the neighborhood, grocery store, school system, and work place IF she were packing. She'd no longer be 300lbs, but she'd be trained and armed.

I fail to see how weapons in the hand of our citizens does anything but breed confidence, deter crime, and imbue a sense of patriotism. Nowadays we want to bury our heads in tv, go to work, come home, and go comatose on whatever food, drug, or booze is found around our homes. It's a sad day when there ARE things that can be done. However, what will come of this is that the police need to react faster, cameras will have to be installed everywhere, and lobbyists for gun control will now have another example of why guns should only be in the hands of law enforcement and the army.

With 6 billion people on this planet and more everyday, anomalies like this continue to exist. You can't eradicate that element from humanity. BUT, you can push it off, like taking vitamins daily to ward of disease, aging effects, and the cold, by arming and training your citizens. That's the cheapest, smartest, and safest way. I imagine VATECH see's their enrollment for 2007-2008 down significantly, with quite a bit of transfers, as well as parents demanding changes on campus. Few fathers would their daughters 100's, if 10, miles away. The only option would be to give her a body guard, or train her in martial arts and weaponry.

A-Unit

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
A-Unit...while I agree that if someone else had a gun on them that day this would not have been anywhere near as bad...realistically...it's unlikely anyone would go to a college class "packing heat".

Apparently the shooter shot himself in the head and in the process, his face was so damaged that they've been having a difficult time identifying him. They THINK he is either Chinese or Korean and is in the US on a student or travel VISA. They still haven't been able to connect the two shooting scenes yet, either.

The main thing that could have prevented the second shooting is if they would have cancelled all classes immediately after that first shooting and locked down the school and searched the entire campus. They could have put officers at every street entrance who could have stopped incoming students and turned them back.

There was a professor in his 70's who was a Holocaust survivor who threw his body against his classroom door while his students jumped out the window. He was shot in the face while fighting to hold that door closed while his students tried to escape harm's way. What a hero.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The shooter was a Korean National named Seung Hui Cho. He was responsible for both shootings by the looks of things. One of the recovered guns also killed the two people at the dorm.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
Somebody sent me this facebook link this morning..

anyone know what it is?

http://c.photos.cx/wanus-facebook-0b4.png
He's just a gun nut...he isn't the shooter. He's still alive and posted that it's not him.

It was a Korean National in the US legally named Seung Hui Cho.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
^^ Your right, they just released the guys name on the news..

They said it was extremely difficult ID'ing the shooter because he shot himself in the head.
He was an English student at the school and was able to identify him from student records.

Here's something interesting , it's said that they found a receipt on him from a recent gun purchase.

PigAdlemPimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This proves that if a dude kills 32 others before himself he becomes an instant celebrity after his death, if he only kills himself no one outside of his own family and freinds will ever hear about it, within a couple of years a blockbuster movie will be made about this, there are no laws for people who are prepared to end their own lives, they can do whatever they wish to before they do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.