Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GUIDE TO BULKING UP

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by atomsk
I was wondering the same thing, I get too tired to keep it up for 10 sets. Could you post a sample day, like back day for example?
(this is what I did on my last back day)

1. Pull Ups 2 sets (to failure)

2. Deadlifts 2 sets

3. Bent Over Barbell Rows 2 sets (last set a drop set)

4. Close Grip T-Bar Rows 2 sets

5. Wide Grip Pulldowns (triple drop sets done to failure) - 2 sets

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Yo D

Originally posted by Makaveli: Tha Don
What do you think about hard-gainers using Bow-Flex?
Join a gym. Use free weights. Do lots of squats, deadlifts, and power cleans, and bench as the foundation to your routines.

Bow-flex sucks. But if it's all you have, it's better than doing push-ups.

LilJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
No. You work your whole body over the course of a week. The major muscle groups like Legs and Back should be done individually on their own day. Chest can either be done alone or in combination with Shoulders. Arms should be done alone too.

My current split

Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Chest/Delts
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Arms
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

For chest, you don't do 10 sets of bench press, and it's impossible to maintain the same weight/reps with the same intensity for 10 sets. Ever heard of fatigue?

Yes I have heard of it, and understand it. I was just wondering if you dont do that many sets why you said no more than 10 sets a week, compared to no more han 3 or 4 sets a week for each group.

Lose the fat first. Then bulk up.

I should drop my calorie intake work out, loose the weight then go to a high calorie diet to bulk up?

Thanks again for your help. I do appreciate it as I'm sure everyone else does.

D [/B]

bombastic

Reaction score
diesel-

im sure you're sick of people asking about cardio by now, but the numbers on this site just make me think twice. in this test the blokes who did both cardio and weight training came out on top of the guys who did weight training alone. it does say they were previously untrained-but this thread is for the untrained...

whats your take on it?
http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/conc.htm

thanks!

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a small side note to an excellent thread.

Photo1 and others living outside the US:

You may wish to know that Flaxseed Oil is also known, particularly here in Europe, as Linseed Oil...just FYI in order to avoid confusion when you try buying some, just in case they do not know what you mean by the term Flaxseed Oil...

In Germany, they call it Leinsamenöl and also Leinöl.

ANAKIN

Reaction score
yo D one more question

If you follow this guide and do everything right do you think its possible to get Anthony Ellis results?

and do you think that Ellis's program that he's sellin for like $80 is worth it? i mean are the same results possible with your guide?

thanks dawg

MaxTyme

Reaction score
Re

Hi I dont understand what you mean by this

Protein: 1.3-1.5g / # of body weight
Carbs: 2-3g/ # of body weight
Fat .33 - .5g / # of body weight

My weight is 115

does that mean that Protein: 115 divded by 1.5 gramd of protein?
76.6?

If so then i got it.

Im having trouble calculating how much Fat i should be eating

can some please tell me, my weight is 115.

LilJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Max,

its multiplied by your weight. its 1.5 per pound. so it would be 1.5x115=172.5 grams. its the same for all of them, hope this helps.

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been post on her where people have said that your body can only absorb so much protien at one time/meal.

Is this true??

1.5 times your body weight is a lot of protien to manage in a normal day. I'm currently suppliminting about 40g's a day with GNC MRP and at this rate am well off the mark!

Thanks!

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Elimidate
There have been post on her where people have said that your body can only absorb so much protien at one time/meal.

Is this true??

For the LAST time...NO!!!

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EZ...I get pissed when people bring up the same sh*t but didn't see it anymore. Actually, I'll seach online to find out the real facts.

thx.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Elimidate
EZ...I get pissed when people bring up the same sh*t but didn't see it anymore. Actually, I'll seach online to find out the real facts.

thx.
Sorry. Dont bother searching. Its a fact.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Makaveli: Tha Don
yo D one more question

If you follow this guide and do everything right do you think its possible to get Anthony Ellis results?

and do you think that Ellis's program that he's sellin for like $80 is worth it? i mean are the same results possible with your guide?

thanks dawg
Yeah, probably, assuming you keep a good training/food diary and keep tweaking the diet to your individual metabolism, it shouldn't be a problem.

The workouts will work, and if you're eating properly it's a beautiful thing.

Give it a go, I think you'll be amazed.

D

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
... and keep tweaking the diet to your individual metabolism, ...

D
Sh1t, I think this is why I aint gaining much. I think I have a crazed metabolism, I am also still young. 21. Also I think I need to go a little heavier.

Im off to get big.

MaxTyme

Reaction score
Ok before i start this program i just want to make sure i got everything right.

My body weight is 115 so i should be consuming

aprox. 161 grams of protein
aprox. 287 grams of carbos
aprox. 46 grams of fat

when someone can confirm this info ill be on my way =)

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MaxTyme:

I dont know where you got those #s, but they seem to be very low for bulking. Your total caloric intake comes to 2206 cals/day. Personally, I weigh 175 and I eat around 3500 cals/day.

The protein looks fine. However, I would increase the amount of fat and carbs. Lets try to get you to at least 2600 cals. So I'd say add another 50g of carbs and 22g of fat. Make sure plenty of the fat is omega-3.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Elimidate:

You should be able to easily hit 1.5g/lb every day. Here Ill give you an example of my boring-ass diet:

C/F/P

1. Oatmeal+Whey+Milk (70/5/35)
2. Oatmeal+Whey+Milk (70/5/35)
3. Pre-workout (20/0/0)
4. Mid-workout (20/0/22)
5. Post-workout (35/0/55)
6. Oatmeal+Whey+Milk (70/5/35)
7. Oatmeal+Whey+Milk (70/5/35)
8. Peanut Butter + Canola Oil + Milk (15/35/16)
9. Peanut Butter + Canola Oil + Milk + Tuna + 5 Egg Whites (15/38/64)

Total: 385/93/297

Also remember that MRPs are not the most protein bang-for-your-buck. Protein Powder is much cheaper (although MRPs taste better).

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big N
MaxTyme:

I dont know where you got those #s, but they seem to be very low for bulking. Your total caloric intake comes to 2206 cals/day. Personally, I weigh 175 and I eat around 3500 cals/day.

The protein looks fine. However, I would increase the amount of fat and carbs. Lets try to get you to at least 2600 cals. So I'd say add another 50g of carbs and 22g of fat. Make sure plenty of the fat is omega-3.
Hey Max Tyme, Big N

I just want to clarify the logic behind the ratios. The ratios are a GUIDEPOST not AN ABSOLUTE VALUE FOR DETERMINING WHAT THE BULKING LEVEL IS.

Bulking is an inexact science, and a wholly individual pursuit. Some people may get fat following the numbers, some people may need more calories.

The whole point is that the "ratios" give you a ballpark where you should start at, and then use your body's feedback to either up or reduce calories in the same proportion.

So, Maxtyme, start at the calorie level you get by plugging in the numbers, give it a month and see if you've put on weight, if not then start upping the calories - the trick is too keep upping it to a point where you are putting on primarily mass and not a lot of fat.

I hope that clears it up.

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey DIESEL, about the glycemic-avoiding-during-lunch chatter we had earlier in this thread, I was thinking that it'd be easier if you'd tell me what I could eat for lunch instead of what I should avoid. I felt so damn tired just now and I had a healthy 8 hours of sleep and some exercise, so I'm guessing its my diet?

I wanted to send you a PM, but guessed it'd be better to leave this question open for those who know a thing or two about this too.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DIESEL,

great thread, I'm going to try out this guide soon.

One question though. If we only work each muscle once a week it seems like this would be a short workout. How long should a day's workout actually take?