Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ebola just popped up in texas.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is about disease, epidemiology and how a Hemorrhagic fever made it from West Africa to the USA. It is not about race.

You are the only one typing about race here.

Call names if you like. Insult people. It's what middle schoolers do.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Tictac said:
You are the only one typing about race here.
Again you seem to be either legitimately inept at pattern recognition or you're just acting dumb.

Tictac said:
Call names if you like. Insult people. It's what middle schoolers do.
That's a rather odd statement for you to make.

Tictac said:
Friggin mouth breathers.
Tictac said:
Mouth breathing racism
Tictac said:
So are you.... Mouth breather
Tictac said:
and so are you ... Mouth breather.
Tictac said:
You guys are proof of de-evolution.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
( . )( . ) said:
Special_EDy said:
I am, however, proposing we do nothing, we spend nothing, and we see the situation for what it is rather than hopelessly trying to fix a non existent or exaggerated situation. Yet you still pin me to be the leftist and an anti-white.
Did you just inadvertently out yourself? I don't believe any names were mentioned. Woops?
Think about it. Put aside this gay little tiff you think you're having with me and honestly ask yourself why do these same posters keep defending the same positions. Hell one of them accidentally even admitted it just one page back. Albeit he fvcked up and didn't mean to but nevertheless he still did.
Your inability to read doesn't surprise me ( . )( . ). The isnt the first time you are unable to level an intelligent argument and have resorted to creating false, one man arguments. Admit it, you are a liberal and you want big government because feeeelz.

Danger said:
Only because you have yet to realize there is a period of time between showing symptoms and becoming violently ill.

Your original statement said that victims don't become contagious until they are violently ill. This is inherently wrong because showing symptoms such as cough and other flu-like criteria comes well before the violent vomiting.

THIS is why I corrected you.
Special EDy said:
It's only contagious after the incubation period, with the onset of symptoms. You don't become contagious until you become violently sick.
I would call symptoms described as "influenza like" and "fevers above 101 degrees" violently sick. That aside, my original statement still stands; ebola doesnt become contagious until the person starts leaking infected blood from all over their bodies. The virus must be IN BLOOD to survive for more than a couple minutes. Its no more contagious than HIV. People die about a week after symptoms start, I'd call that violently sick.
World Health Organization said:
The incubation period, that is, the time interval from infection with the virus to onset of symptoms is 2 to 21 days. Humans are not infectious until they develop symptoms. First symptoms are the sudden onset of fever fatigue, muscle pain, headache and sore throat. This is followed by vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, symptoms of impaired kidney and liver function, and in some cases, both internal and external bleeding (e.g. oozing from the gums, blood in the stools).

Danger said:
LOL, and it kills 50% of those it touches along with a current exponential contagion rate?

Special EDy said:
Over 600,000 people DIE from diarrhea every year, millions more die from other infections. only a handful ever die from Ebola. Ebola is a joke.
If comparing just flat numbers, one could make any number of terribly stupid conclusions.

When I see the State Department order 160,000 hazmat suits to combat diarrhea, then I will listen to your drivel. Until then, you remind me of most 24 year olds I know who have not yet learned how to analyze numbers past a flat comparison.
Lmao, aren't you coming to terribly stupid conclusions by comparing the flat comparison of fatality rate and NOTHING ELSE. Follow your own advice.
Ebola isn't highly contagious.
You assume diarrhea to be a joke, because less than 100 people die from it every year in the US. But in Africa, over half a million die from it every year. Therefore we can say that Ebola is an incredibly small problem for people too sick to survive even Diarrhea. It wouldn't be as lethal in a civilized society, and it wouldnt spread either.

Quit comparing flat numbers and start listening to what I'm telling you. Your critical thinking skills are severely limited.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
Closing borders = "police state action" :crazy: Nice spin.

Aren't we already doing that anyway? I think you'll find the amount of moral preening sh!tlibs wanting to show the world he's/she's been to the African toilet to "help" will greatly reduce somehow when they find out they have to wait to come back. Just a guess.

*Still dancing*
It was not immediately clear what prompted the violence, but the spread of Ebola has been accompanied by fear and paranoia by villagers who feel the government and international community cannot be trusted.

Many Guineans believe local and foreign health care workers are part of a conspiracy which either deliberately introduced the outbreak, or invented it as a means of luring Africans to clinics to harvest their blood and organs.

“The villagers violently attacked the delegation led by the governor, Lancei Conde, with stones and sticks,” said police lieutenant Richard Haba.

Protesters thought the outreach team had come “to kill them because they think Ebola is nothing more than an invention of white people to kill black people”, he said.
So even in Africa, presumably without much influence from Sharpton-Jackson-etc types, blacks blame whites and governments for whatever blacks themselves are responsible for (spreading a native disease) and they trample under foot whites that are dumb enough to actually try to help them? This way of thinking has to be based on projection and inherit/genetic. Arabs are like that too.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In recent news, NBC cameraman covering the Ebola outbreak tested positive. He must have been giving bl0wjobs to Ebola patients, since according to Tictac, Ebola is almost impossible to catch otherwise.

But according to the Public Health Agency of Canada:

"In the laboratory, infection through small-particle aerosols has been demonstrated in primates, and airborne spread among humans is strongly suspected, although it has not yet been conclusively demonstrated. The importance of this route of transmission is not clear. Poor hygienic conditions can aid the spread of the virus."

So at best, we simply do not known whether Ebola is capable of airborne spread among humans. Kind of like in the early days of HIV/AIDS, when people thought that only gays could get it and actually referred to AIDS as "Gay Related Immune Deficiency".

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't just quote the first half of a sentence. "Poor hygienic conditions can aid the spread of the virus." That's kind of like saying that extreme heat can aid wildfires. No sh!t, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have a wildfire in normal weather.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
You can't just quote the first half of a sentence.
That's the democrat/liberal/utopian way brah. Control the message and control the people. Ignore reality and create another where everyone's so wrapped up in their own bullsh*t that you can basically do anything you want. You can probably even convince the hive-mind to literally GIVE you their resources. I mean, since everything is awesome and there are zero threats. Shiny happy people......(blows my own brains out).

Ask Obama/Sharpton/etc.

Oh wait, while we're at it, let's go invent a bunch of obscure problems that don't f*cking matter and that people create themselves, and then get people to donate money to us through emotional commercials and speeches so we can pretend like we are the white knights and solve them (feminism, racism, breast cancer, human trafficking, etc.), thus securing their votes and our own power so we can beat off to a bunch of dancing fags.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
"Poor hygienic conditions" is a basic description of West Africa.
Could also to an extent be a basic description of a lot of people in N. America. After all a good many of them come waltzing in from 3rd world countries, just like this case. There's seem to be a rise in various infectious disease, flus, bed bugs etc.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
The public health system in the US (except a couple of cities and some true backwaters like deep Appalachia) at its worst it's better than most of West Africa at its best.

Enterovirus' spread may just be related to our open Southern border. But it's transmitted very differently from Ebola.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CBC news reported that they expect 3-6 cases of ebola to pop up in british columbia (canada) in the next 6 months.. Wtf! I will see if I can find a link. That's scary shyt.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The patient died. And of course the family is claiming he didn't get as good (free) treatment as he should have and that others have. The hospital cleared a whole floor to isolate this guy. Who needs these types of immigrants?

And now a sheriff deputy that entered the apartment has been rushed to the hospital with ebola symptoms. But ebola isn't very contagious :rolleyes:.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/10/08/patient-frisco-ebola-suspect/16924603/
Crews transported a patient exhibiting "signs and symptoms of Ebola" from a Frisco CareNow to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.

"Right now, there are more questions than answers about this case," said Wendell Watson, a spokesman with the hospital.

The patient was identified as Sgt. Michael Monnig, a deputy who accompanied county health officials Zachary Thompson and Christopher Perkins into the apartment where Thomas Eric Duncan stayed in Dallas.

The deputy was ordered to go inside the unit with officials to get a quarantine order signed. No one who went inside the unit that day wore protective gear.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
It is contagious, in its active phase.

Not taking precautions when going to where a know active case was living is just idiotic.
Yeah but some people want to suggest it is only contagious if the ill person's bodily fluids make direct contact with another persons eyes, nose, mouth of cut skin. It just might be more contagious than that.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's somewhere in between the two extremes. if it's THAT contagious you are about to see like 100-200 new ebola cases. Everyone in the apartment comple, all family members, people that work in the hospital are all done for. Right now there are 2 cases. So let's not blow our wad just yet

CDC needs to get this **** under control. I doubt i even go home for christmas this year

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Got penance?

backbreaker said:
Right now there are 2 cases. So let's not blow our wad just yet
Indeed sacktaker. I do wonder though, hypothetically of course how many dead Americans it would take to no longer be seen as "rayciss" to close off traffic from Liberia and other infected African toilets.

We could play a betting game similar to the celebrity dead pool contest.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed sacktaker. I do wonder though, hypothetically of course how many dead Americans it would take to no longer be seen as "rayciss" to close off traffic from Liberia and other infected African toilets.
see, why the name calling? what the **** did i do to you? also, what makes you assume becuase I'm black that I would not actually agree with your point? you think I want to ****ing die lol? **** libera lol. **** Nigeria, **** africa. I don't want that ****. That's exactly what i would do. But geesh grow up

****, I would take it a step further. I would put the city of dallas/houston/wherever the **** it is under a 3 week quarantine. No one leave their house for 3 weeks. yeah it's inconvenient as ****. But you iknow what, it would nip this **** in the ass.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
oh hello victim. long time no see.

backbreaker said:
see, why the name calling? what the **** did i do to you? also, what makes you assume becuase I'm black......
:box: :box:

Settle down Farrakhan. I've been calling you sacktaker since 04, why is it now all of a sudden a problem? Is it because you assume I'm white?

See what I did there? I joined in with your manufactured faux outrage and matched your kidult libtard-speak

backbreaker said:
But geesh grow up
douchecanoewowjustwow

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So there are least at two healthcare workers that were infected with Ebola by this patient. I thought Ebola was "not very contagious" :rolleyes: .

So this second nurse travels from Texas to her hometown in Ohio and back knowing she might have ebola and shouldn't be traveling. What, is she trying to spread ebola or something?

The caregiver, identified as Amber Joy Vinson, flew between Cleveland and Dallas hours before she reported symptoms to state health workers in Texas, U. S. Health officials said today.

An undated photo of Amber Joy Vinson from the Firestone High School yearbook, via Akron City Schools. An undated photo of Amber Joy Vinson from the Firestone High School yearbook, via Akron City Schools.
Enlarge

“As of right now we do not have a case of Ebola in Ohio but we are going to identify any who came in contact with the health-care worker,” said Dr. Mary DiOrio, State Epidemiologist and interim chief of the Ohio Department of Health’s Division of Prevention and Health Promotion.

Ohio Department of Health and Summit County health officials both confirmed that Ms. Vinson visited the Akron-Cleveland area between Oct. 10 and Oct. 13.

Frontier airline officials reported that she originally traveled to Cleveland from Dallas on Frontier Flight 1142 to on Oct. 10.

Donna Skoda, the assistant health commissioner in Summit County, said they are feverishly trying to track down anyone who had contact with Ms. Vinson. She said the CDC supplied them only with a telephone number with the family and no one is answering that line.

According to Kent State University, the woman, who is a graduate of Kent, is related to three university employees.

She visited family at their Summit County home while in Ohio but did not come to campus, the university said in a statement on its Web site.

"We want to assure our university community that we are taking this information seriously, taking steps to communicate what we know," Kent State President Beverly Warren said.

The university has asked the woman's family members to stay off campus for the next 21 days and to self-monitor possible symptoms.

The woman received degrees in 2006 and 2008, the university said.

Ohio officials said the investigation into the woman’s trip is ongoing and could not provide any detailed information about the people who were on the flight with Ms. Vinson or those that she may have come in contact with while in the Cleveland area.

She flew to back to Dallas on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 the night of Oct. 13, according to an e-mailed statement by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She then reported symptoms the next morning.

“Because of the proximity in time between the evening flight and first report of illness the following morning, CDC is reaching out to passengers,” the agency said. The plane had 132 passengers, the CDC said.

The flight was the last of the day for the aircraft, which returned to service the next day after receiving “a thorough cleaning per our normal procedures,” Frontier Airlines said in a statement.

The incubation period for Ebola ranges from two to 21 days and people who are infected will display symptoms on average between eight to 10 days after exposure, Dr.DiOrio said.

The CDC is urging all passengers from the flight to call a toll-free hotline 1 800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636).

Ohio Gov. Jonh Kasich weighed in on the investigation this afternoon, stating in a prepared statement that he has been fully briefed on federal, state and local action.

“Ohio has a sophisticated state and local public health network that has been preparing for this possibility for several months and those plans are now being activated,” the statement reads. “The Department of Health’s epidemiologists are on-site in Summit County to support local efforts and are in ongoing communication with the CDC to make sure we have the most up-to-date information.

“The risk to people who have had no direct contact with the nurse remains very low, but everyone is seeking to apply the lessons from Dallas and we are responding aggressively to this situation, with a priority on public communication that is open, timely and accurate. We will continue to provide as much information as soon as possible and provide local health care providers the resources they need to keep Ohioans safe.”

This is the second health-care worker infected with Ebola while caring for Duncan, a Liberian visitor to the U.S. who died at the hospital on Oct. 2. Asked at a briefing today about the hospital’s performance, Daniel Varga, the chief clinical officer for the hospital group, said “I don’t think we have a systemic institutional problem.”

The first health-care worker to contract Ebola, nurse Nina Pham, has been hospitalized since last weekend.

Hazardous materials experts have decontaminated common areas of a Dallas complex where Ms. Vinson lives. Officials say crews later today will clean the apartment.

Dallas spokeswoman Sana Syed says doors, hallways and railings at Ms. Vinson’s complex have been cleaned. The process was completed just hours after the announcement early Wednesday of a second woman contracting Ebola.

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Medical/...s-positive-for-Ebola.html#41bk8J4e87tpjc0M.99