Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dropping pounds.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I've tried the low carb approach myself, and I agree with many of the critiques that were mentioned in my previous post: low carb diets are potentially hazardous to your health and they make you sluggish and tired, which eliminates your ability to perform the kinds of exercise that help put on lean muscle.

Hazardous to your health? No, not unless you are a diabetic and develop ketoacidosis. I agree that low carb diets are not ideal if you want to gain muscle or if you perform high intensity exercise/training. A way to combat this is by using a cyclical ketogenic diet or targeted ketogenic diet, where you include "refeeds" or "carb-ups". Your training volume is excessive, hence why you struggled with low carb.

You didn’t read the articles did you. Many of the articles are expert medical opinions based on scientific studies that have been cited within the article, including the longest and largest one of its kind which looked at over 43,000 people over a 15 year period. All of the opinions – by doctors and nutritionists experienced in treating obesity – explain the health risks associated with low carb dieting as well as the reasons why people don’t stick with them.

The only health risks are for diabetics which I mentioned in this post and my previous post. Do you know that ketogenic diets are prescribed for people with epilepsy and markedly improve the incidence of seizures? Adherance issues don't necessarily imply that a keto diet is bad or ineffective, just not suited to the person.

Finally, I did not mention the NY Times articles as clinical proof of the ineffectiveness of low carb diets. I brought it up as proof from food industry executives that low carb diets are becoming more and more unpopular, and that they are much more difficult to stick to than other, more well balanced nutrition plans. I mentioned the Daily Mail article because it discussed a scientific study in which most of the people studied actually dropped out because they could no longer stand the monotony of a low carb diet plan.

Adherance.

I'd strongly advise against obtaining all of your health and nutrition information from a single source, this might explain your tunnel vision in this as well as in other matters.

I'm not married to one type of dieting or training. I prescribe what is most suited to the person, not just hand out cookie cutter eating plans/training routines. Lyle Mcdonald has been in the industry for more than 15 years, while many others have come and gone. His information is correct and ridiculously detailed. Other people in the industry that I follow are Alan Aragon, Martin Berkhan, Børge Fagerli and many others. I gave the link for www.bodyrecomposition.com because it is the most comprehensive site available for both training and nutrition. Ketogenic diets, high carbohydrate diets and everything in between.
Bold.

Driggs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
without the carbs which are an energy source how do you expect to have the energy to get the most out of your workouts? weight loss isn't about doing it as fast as possible but as sustainable as possible.
I am actually not working out at all right now after a car accident last year. I benched 350 the morning of the crash. I'm going to start doing body weight exercises here shortly so I am nicely cut when I get down to weight.

I've done low carb diet in the past and it worked very well for me. If you start eating sugary **** again, yes you will gain it back. So don't do that.

The bottom line is you're not talking to someone who knows nothing about fitness or weight loss.

If working out you can consume your entire day's carb allowance before and during working out. If working out heavily mine is around 40 grams carbs, that keeps me in ketosis. It's pretty hard to lift on keto but you can do it, it's just difficult.

LC absolutely is sustainable.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got up at 5:30 and worked out on the treadmill hard today. I know you get out what you put in so I have made sure to feel some burn and am making sure I put myself through some discomfort. It isn't enough to make me say SCREW THIS, but enough to say.. yeah that was a legit workout. Seems to be building character and I feel better about myself. Still long road ahead, but I am seeing how building a life around working out and health helps the rest of my life. My work money career doesn't seem as hard when I just spent an hour trying to mentally get through the pain of a workout haha.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I think we'll have to agree to disagree, keto diets are not dangerous. Take a peak at bodybuilding.com, nearly everyone swears by it. I think most of the conclusions that it causes higher mortality rate is because of the absence of fruits & vegetables, not necessarily a high protein, high fat diet. You can still be in ketosis with a carbohydrate intake of 50 grams per day (but the less carbs you consume, the deeper in ketosis you become). Of this 50 grams it is quite easy to consume sufficient fruits and vegetables.

Have a read of this article: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html

Driggs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I don't care if it is dangerous, I needed to lose weight and keto is the only diet that ever worked for me. Insane amounts of exercise + "normal diet" didn't work at all.

At the same time I don't think there is sufficient evidence to show that it is dangerous. Plenty of predators, including early humans, ate large amounts of meat without substantial carbs for long stretches. I'm much less concerned about keto than I was about the chest pains I used to have before starting the diet.

After I get to my goal weight in another couple of months here I will probably be doing fruit-heavy paleo for a good while.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I woke up today and worked out. Such a mind game. I tell myself that I will trade working out, some discomfort, some sweat, tears, some pain...for a better life. More self-respect, more character development, more girls, more money, just an overall better life. I am really try to think about getting comfortable with being uncomfortable in the gym and my diet (Eatting veggies instead of crab ragoon) I know it will pay off on the inside of my brain and body and on the outside. I just have to be willing to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward. I can't be the victim. It is so easy to look at a layer of fat and say "Why can't I be skinny in a six pack like so and so" But I refuse to take that victim mentality. I just thank God for a body, a gym, and I will work on my work ethic day in and day out and be the best damn Demonpenz I can be!

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still been waking up and working out hard. Trying to be a good man. Putting effort and hard work and hopefully inspire others.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still getting up early. got in 6 miles today. Trading some uncomfortable times for glorious times. Character building, making myself mentally and physically tougher, and of course trying to be an inspiration to others.

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stort_Brød said:
haha extremely low carbs are the worst way to go about a sustainable fat loss as as soon as you reintroduce the carbs back into your everyday diet your body will not know what to do with them and if you aren't burning them off then BAM welcome to the fat stores being replenished. I have been consuming an average of 250-300gm of carbs per day and have lost 10kg in 8 weeks along with muscle gain.

without the carbs which are an energy source how do you expect to have the energy to get the most out of your workouts? weight loss isn't about doing it as fast as possible but as sustainable as possible.
I would like to retract this comment... Diet brain and the mentality of my way is the best way was in play when posting this. after researching the keto diet and realising that there is multiple different keto diets I have decided to put it to the test. The anabolic diet! it is a form of the keto diet. Yes it has a refeed of carbs for 1-2 days each week to replenish glycogen levels in the muscles to give you the energy and endurance to lift throughout the week while still losing weight.

While the normal keto / atkins diet is not directed at active people yet still works, the AD or CKD is great for the athletes and lifters. I am thoroughly looking forward to see the results of the Anabolic Diet compared to the previous carb fueled one I was on.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stort_Brød said:
I would like to retract this comment... Diet brain and the mentality of my way is the best way was in play when posting this. after researching the keto diet and realising that there is multiple different keto diets I have decided to put it to the test. The anabolic diet! it is a form of the keto diet. Yes it has a refeed of carbs for 1-2 days each week to replenish glycogen levels in the muscles to give you the energy and endurance to lift throughout the week while still losing weight.

While the normal keto / atkins diet is not directed at active people yet still works, the AD or CKD is great for the athletes and lifters. I am thoroughly looking forward to see the results of the Anabolic Diet compared to the previous carb fueled one I was on.

like i said , 8 shakes + cocnut oil. chicken or steak for breakfast,lunch,dinner. no carbs. do that everyday

refeed every 3 days with 400-600 grams of whatever carb you like + 15 shakes.

simple.effective.no formula or scientific jibble babble.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still working hard to lean up. I realize how far I have come. I will continue to work to inspire myself and others. Build myself and my character.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Worked out today. Build character. Trying to toughen up. Prevent getting soft.

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you kepp saying you worked out.... but wtf did you do? what was your routine? how much did you lift? how far did you run? and so on

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been averaging 4 miles on the treadmill as of late. It has been character building, you really have to have some grit and determination. I also find myself in creative ways of keeping going. I try to imagine the toughness that I will gain during working out. I try to imagine Ron Swanson next to me telling me to keep going. Or I play motivational videos in my head or in my head. One thing that is weird is that I am 33 and my interest in woman is going down. On my mind is more trying to help other people, inspire other people, help my family in whatever way possible, and to just keep moving forward.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i predict a skinny fat , bellsprout body in less than 6 months :yes:

your interest in women is going down because too much cardio has resulted in a surge of cortisol in your body , hence fvcking up your entire hormonal balance. your testosterone goes down, you lose more muscle and end up looking like a scarecrow with no balls.

people with low test are more inclined "to help" others. dudez with high test just wanna put it into a hole.
guess who gets laid?

start doing some push ups at least