Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dropping pounds.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
I was considering a new thread for this, but I think it fits in this one..

I am having a hard time controlling my late night snacking. I have willpower of steel during the day, can control what I eat and how much, control calories, carbs, what have you, with no problem.

But about an hour after I go to bed almost every night I wake up and I am just ravinously hungry, and I literally can't fall back asleep until I eat. Sometimes I can pull off eating something healthy, but often times I go for the bad stuff like chips, ice cream, etc.

I know late at night is without dispute THE worst time to eat.

I just wish I could do something during the day to prevent this late night craving..

Any help would be appeciated..
If you're controlling calories/portion sizes throughout the day, it doesn't matter if you have a bad meal at night.

You can maintain your bodyweight by only eating 1 huge ass meal at night before you go to bed. You can gain weight if you only eat breakfast and lunch.

It comes down to the calories that you consume.

I suggest that you either:

- Do some form of intermittent fasting, where you're not eating breakfast and/or lunch. It makes it much harder to binge on junk food when you've only got 6-8 hours to eat it.

- If you don't buy chips & ice cream, they won't be in your cupboard, so you won't be able to eat them.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is probably a bad idea, but I take a sleep aid sometimes to get through the late night hunger. I also yell at myself inside my mind

"THATS IT NO MORE EATING YOU FAT ****" I bully myself to get better.

logicallefty

Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
- Do some form of intermittent fasting, where you're not eating breakfast and/or lunch. It makes it much harder to binge on junk food when you've only got 6-8 hours to eat it.

- If you don't buy chips & ice cream, they won't be in your cupboard, so you won't be able to eat them.
GF buys the junk food I don't. She is such a hypocrite too. Tells me "we all need to eat better" then I get in her car and her door is stuffed with candy wrappers. WTF women :confused:

Your fasting idea I will try. That actually makes sense from a calorie standpoint. Today all I have had is 1 x can of V8. Going to have another when I get off work and try to make it until bedtime to eat anything. I think I can do that.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yowza I have been counting calories. Boy it sucks going long stretches without a treat. Want to be the best got to go through crap I guess.

MattTheW

Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
This!!!

First thing you should do when trying to stay healthy is remove the crap from your house.

If it isn't there then you cant eat it when you get cravings

I usually have some peanuts or peanut butter in the house or quark which I will use if I get a real craving from what I usually eat.......

Just make sure that your "hunger pains" aren't thirst pains.
You can also try drinking water to try and subdue hunger pains

Remember, to lose weight (fat) you need to be on a calorie deficit, to do this you WILL be hungry at some point in the day

Demonpenz said:
Yowza I have been counting calories. Boy it sucks going long stretches without a treat. Want to be the best got to go through crap I guess.
If need be moderate - don't cut out

One of the big reasons people fall off of a weight (fat) loss diet is that they change too much in their eating too soon
Small changes are easier for your body to handle than going cold turkey

I still give in to the odd chocolate bar now and then, but I know that I cant eat them all the time........

Stay strong :up:

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat chocolate bars all the time I count calories. I am doing alright. I am trying. haha. Today was a rougher day but atleast I have my calories written out and I am trying to eat smaller portions and I know exactly how many calories I am taking in.

MattTheW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Demonpenz said:
I eat chocolate bars all the time I count calories. I am doing alright. I am trying. haha. Today was a rougher day but atleast I have my calories written out and I am trying to eat smaller portions and I know exactly how many calories I am taking in.
Gotta be honest, I cant be bothered to read through 9 pages

what are your stats like from beginning till now?

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what stats you are looking for I went from 255 to 200 pounds in 3 years I am pudgy 200 due to not lifting weights. I walk and swim almost daily and I make small choices (We ate mexican over the weekend and I had a small salad instead of a burrito)...from there I have gotten a girlfriend and gotten laid on a weeky basis, I get attention from girls, I know the feeling of going through crappy times day in and day out to have a better life in the future. I know what delayed gratification feels like.

I went for a swim yesterday and worked harder than ususal. I also went for a small walk btw.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to take away some of my focus on working out for work. Ready to count some calories and get back to work. I still was able to put in some time swimming and on walking.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been eating pretty bad, I still try to eat only when I am hungry and at specific times. I still go on tons of walks and swimming. Talk is cheap and I need to write down and get my cals down again.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried my fitness pal?

I am not sure if i have seen it mentioned in this thread.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demonpenz, I think that once a person has tracked calories for a certain period of time (Anywhere from 1-3 months depending on the person), they can just eyeball food and know the amounts. Track changes weekly via the mirror, and adjust food intake if you're not losing fat.

If you still want to track your intake, as Ronaldo said, MyFitnessPal is an excellent tool.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whew...I have been eating crappy, but still working out. I haven't really felt great for awhile. No excuses. Glad to have a girlfriend and to have sex. Lots better than being lonely and horrible.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I weighed myself in the other day I was at 210. I was pissed at myself. I decided to take it easy on myself and I know that beating myself up is a good thing because I can see how much I can really be. I am going to start small. I already work out and I already think lots about what I do well and where I can get better. I can get better by taking in less calories. I can work out more and burn more calories. I took massive action by buying some weights that I can work out. I will go to the gym more and make it a point to burn more calories and surround myself with blogs and podcasts and just working out and "fit talk"

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found during longer walks and burning more calories switching from playing video poker on my phone to music to sports games makes me feel better and more productive with longer periods of working out. I walked 4 miles yesterday and I went for a swim. I am noticing when I am in a frame of mind to work out more my day goes better.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have started to understand how to mix up music video and motivational videos while I am working out to really help me change or elevate my mood to workout. Paul Van Dyk and other trances music helps me to stop thinking and keep working out as well.

Reaction score
Maintaining a healthy diet and a 30 minutes of exercise everyday is a good start to drop those pounds. You do not need to go to the gym; physical activity is very important. Get moving every now and then