Covid 19 Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
This virus would be too far gone if not for anti vaxers.
What's your wisdom on why the vaccinated are contracting covid (probably spreading it as well) and dying from it?

Wasn't the vaccine supposed to prevent infection with covid if I remember correctly? Isn't a vaccine supposed to prevent a viral infection?

Seems to me the vaccine isn't working as promoted or intended. But I'm sure that's the unvaccinated people's fault?

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
What's your wisdom on why the vaccinated are contracting covid (probably spreading it as well) and dying from it?

Wasn't the vaccine supposed to prevent infection with covid if I remember correctly? Isn't a vaccine supposed to prevent a viral infection?

Seems to me the vaccine isn't working as promoted or intended. But I'm sure that's the unvaccinated people's fault?
A disease isn't much of a disease without serious symptoms.

I could post stories that >90% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated, but you'd just baselessly say it's fake.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hundreds of people are dying from COVID. Here's the kicker, they were all vaccinated. Sources:

Would you like to know why this may be happening? Underlying conditions. If a person is obese or heavily over weight, like the dude in the video above; that a major complication. The lungs have to work harder because the dude is so out of shape. Since this virus attacks the lungs, it's basically a recipe for disaster. COPD, diabetes, and compromised immune systems all are the underlying conditions for possible death. A healthy person who catches COVID should survive; pending any complications.

As for @EyeBRollin, well, he lives on his own dwarf planet (Pluto), so he'll be fine in his own little world of make believe. I am not political. I think both parties are cuckoo right now.
True, but if kept in proportion to unvaccinated, it's like .1% (as what the heading of the first article says if anyone reads the paragraph).

The problem has always been about statistics. Serious side-effects are rated in various documents of being in decimal point percentages. Break-through cases are also in decimal point percentages. If it was something like 50/50% or even 10/90 that would be a big deal. The USA has 350 million people on it. Hundreds are like a handful with a population like that.

The problem with social media, grapevine, etc... you tend to hear a concentration of stories so that even something that's .1/.01% chance of happening to you will feel like a 50/50 chance of happening when it's a rare chance.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the people who took the vaccine are probably feeling a bit sheepish right now, and maybe a bit scared.

If not, they should be
who’s the one who’s scared exactly?

that’s called projection. You’re the one wetting your pants because you think Bill Gates controls the world.

it takes courage to take a poorly tested vaccine. It takes no balls at all to run off and hide under your bed.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to answer the questions from the “I know better than the entire gambit of medical science around the world” folks.

Covid jabs don’t stop you getting Covid
They don’t stop hospitalisations.
They rehearse your immense system so you are statistically less likely to need a hospital bed.

the majority going into hospitals are most likely jabbed. Why is this? Because there are many more jabbed than not jabbed. However, the per capita rate of jabbed entering hospitals is much lower than the unvaccinated.

once again,nobody said a jab would mean nobody ever goes into hospital. Hospitalisations are down in my country - massively. Given near 70% are double jabbed, it would be natural to see more jabbed going in to hospital than unvaccinated.

Honestly, before you form opinions on these things I would suggest a quick research of statistics. The term “per capita” is one which catches a lot of people out. It isn’t black and white, this is the problem when people who are actually educated and qualified have to explain complex terms to people who aren’t.

if you don’t have a basic grasp of these things I would just deign not to hold a strong opinion on it.

what’s actually going on is that this pandemic has removed some of your freedoms and essentially pi55ed you off. You don’t like it. So it’s more convenient to spin an elaborate conspiracy theory. Like a kid who’s grounded.

deal with it. Pandemics happen and have always happened. Nobody said that jabs would save every hospitalisation and nobody said that Covid was a killer and they were open about the 99% survival rate.

if they were covering this up and making it out to be worse than it is, why on earth would they then openly publish the survival rate? Do you think they’re stupid?

it’s not about the survival rate or the vaccine “entirely curing Covid, it’s about ICU capacity being available for the infirm and elderly .

the 99% survival rate is dependent on ICU being available. If ICU wasn’t available then it wouldn’t be a 99% survival rate.

just try to think it through.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I could post stories that >90% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated, but you'd just baselessly say it's fake.
that is dependent on the population which are vaccinated and the population who aren’t.

If 50,000,000 are vax and 10 people are unvax, you would see more vax in ICU.

the per capita rate is what matters.

The vaccine does nothing other than reduce the risk of an ICU bed. That’s all. That’s all this has every been about - ICU capacity being available for all. Without that you have the dead piling up in corridors.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Just to answer the questions from the “I know better than the entire gambit of medical science around the world” folks.

Covid jabs don’t stop you getting Covid
They don’t stop hospitalisations.
They rehearse your immense system so you are statistically less likely to need a hospital bed.

the majority going into hospitals are most likely jabbed. Why is this? Because there are many more jabbed than not jabbed. However, the per capita rate of jabbed entering hospitals is much lower than the unvaccinated.

once again,nobody said a jab would mean nobody ever goes into hospital. Hospitalisations are down in my country - massively. Given near 70% are double jabbed, it would be natural to see more jabbed going in to hospital than unvaccinated.

Honestly, before you form opinions on these things I would suggest a quick research of statistics. The term “per capita” is one which catches a lot of people out. It isn’t black and white, this is the problem when people who are actually educated and qualified have to explain complex terms to people who aren’t.

if you don’t have a basic grasp of these things I would just deign not to hold a strong opinion on it.

what’s actually going on is that this pandemic has removed some of your freedoms and essentially pi55ed you off. You don’t like it. So it’s more convenient to spin an elaborate conspiracy theory. Like a kid who’s grounded.

deal with it. Pandemics happen and have always happened. Nobody said that jabs would save every hospitalisation and nobody said that Covid was a killer and they were open about the 99% survival rate.

if they were covering this up and making it out to be worse than it is, why on earth would they then openly publish the survival rate? Do you think they’re stupid?

it’s not about the survival rate or the vaccine “entirely curing Covid, it’s about ICU capacity being available for the infirm and elderly .

the 99% survival rate is dependent on ICU being available. If ICU wasn’t available then it wouldn’t be a 99% survival rate.

just try to think it through.
Actually that is statistically wrong. Somewhere between 96-99% of people in hospitals in the US are unvaccinated. And that is statistically the same throughout every part of the country.

In fact most studies show that vaccines prevent lung involvement and clear the virus before it has a chance to move from the nose/throat area initially to other parts of the body.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score

You didn't answer any of the questions I asked you and served up a lame one about a disease having serious symptoms.

I'm going to ask you again, why are vaccinated people becoming infected, spreading, and dying if the vaccine they received is supposed to prevent all this? This is how the vaccines supposedly work, they prevent all this, am I right?

This is why you took the jab and think everyone who didn't is wrong? Because you were told it would prevent covid infection and symptoms.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well, no one knows how this will turn out. I hope everyone here stays safe and we move past this
Nobody knows how the next day of your life will turn out regardless. People worrying about 20 years down the road make a lot of assumptions to get to that point.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually that is statistically wrong. Somewhere between 96-99% of people in hospitals in the US are unvaccinated. And that is statistically the same throughout every part of the country.

In fact most studies show that vaccines prevent lung involvement and clear the virus before it has a chance to move from the nose/throat area initially to other parts of the body.
it’s about 60% in U.K. hospitals who are unvaccinated, or at least it was a few weeks ago

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You didn't answer any of the questions I asked you and served up a lame one about a disease having serious symptoms.

I'm going to ask you again, why are vaccinated people becoming infected, spreading, and dying if the vaccine they received is supposed to prevent all this? This is how the vaccines supposedly work, they prevent all this, am I right?

This is why you took the jab and think everyone who didn't is wrong? Because you were told it would prevent covid infection and symptoms.
It wasn't supposed to prevent it. You clearly fail to grasp that. They expected this type of stuff with the initial variant. The fact it held up so well was startling to them. The Delta variant is far worse. It still holds up very well. 96-99% of the people in hospitals from COVID are unvaccinated.

There are people who are immune compromised that the vaccine won't have much of an effect on unfortunately. That's just how it works. So while technically being vaccinated, they already knew in those people it was going to be very minimally effective.

The JnJ vaccine is far inferior to the mRNA vaccines from Pfizer/Moderna. We already knew that. I would bet the majority of vaccinated people having issues took that vaccine.

That being said people trying to claim vaccinated people are at the same risk are simply ignorant of facts and science.

New studies continue to show the vast majority of vaccinated people will have mild symptoms because the virus is contained in the nose/throat area and not allowed to spread to the lungs and other parts of the body.

But if you want to keep hanging your hat on the very low numbers of vaccinated people who are hospitalized or dying in comparison to the unvaccinated ones that are 25 to 1 more common then I guess do what makes you feel better. You simply look ignorant

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
it’s about 60% in U.K. hospitals who are unvaccinated, or at least it was a few weeks ago
That's because you guys used the AstraZeneca vaccine mostly I believe. JnJ and AstraZeneca are far inferior to the mRNA ones from Pfizer and Moderna.

But the UK also had a huge dip toward the end of July in new daily cases that baffled scientists...basically went from 55K a day to under 23K a day.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score

No vaccine is 100% effective

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because you guys used the AstraZeneca vaccine mostly I believe. JnJ and AstraZeneca are far inferior to the mRNA ones from Pfizer and Moderna
Astra is for over 40s. Pfizer and moderna are for under 40s.

this is because side effects are greater in the Pfizer vaccine.

Astra is about 1/4 the cost of Pfizer and doesn’t need to be kept at very low temperatures.

Pfizer has 95% effectiveness and Astra 85%.

other studies show them equal in terms of effectiveness.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't supposed to prevent it. You clearly fail to grasp that. They expected this type of stuff with the initial variant. The fact it held up so we'll was startling to them. The Delta variant is far worse. It still holds up very well. 96-99% of the people in hospitals from COVID are unvaccinated.

There are people who are immune compromised that the vaccine won't have much of an effect on unfortunately. That's just how it works. So while technically being vaccinated, they already knew in those people it was going to be very minimally infected.

The JnJ vaccine is far inferior to the mRNA vaccines from Pfizer/Moderna. We already knew that. I would bet the majority of vaccinated people having issues took that vaccine.

That being said people trying to claim vaccinated people are at the same risk are simply ignorant of facts and science.

New studies continue to show the vast majority of vaccinated people will have mild symptoms because the virus is contained in the nose/throat area and not allowed to spread to the lungs and other parts of the body.

But if you want to keep hanging your hat on the very low numbers of vaccinated people who are hospitalized or dying in comparison to the unvaccinated ones that are 25 to 1 more common then I guess do what makes you feel better. You simply look ignorant
Thank you for answering my question. What you fail to grasp is I don't agree with how the vaccine was portrayed by the media and others about it being the end all be all to covid.

You seem to think I'm ignorant when it's quite the opposite. I'm not hanging my hat on anything. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy surrounding the vaccine.

Can you honestly say there hasnt been mixed messages and obfuscating statements regarding all of it? You assume that I should just blindly accept what I'm being told and take the jab not think for myself.

You have your vaccine and keep it. I've already had covid on the first wave. It sucked. And guess what? I haven't been sick since. I'll trust my immune system over a vaccine being peddled as some miracle when it's not.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for answering my question. What you fail to grasp is I don't agree with how the vaccine was portrayed by the media and others about it being the end all be all to covid.

You seem to think I'm ignorant when it's quite the opposite. I'm not hanging my hat on anything. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy surrounding the vaccine.

Can you honestly say there hasnt been mixed messages and obfuscating statements regarding all of it? You assume that I should just blindly accept what I'm being told and take the jab not think for myself.

You have your vaccine and keep it. I've already had covid on the first wave. It sucked. And guess what? I haven't been sick since. I'll trust my immune system over a vaccine being peddled as some miracle when it's not.
It's the closest thing to a miracle that there is. Why do you think every countries death rates started dropping as they started vaccinating people?

Have you ever known anyone to die of smallpox or polio? Why do you think that is?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Astra is for over 40s. Pfizer and moderna are for under 40s.

this is because side effects are greater in the Pfizer vaccine.

Astra is about 1/4 the cost of Pfizer and doesn’t need to be kept at very low temperatures.

Pfizer has 95% effectiveness and Astra 85%.

other studies show them equal in terms of effectiveness.
Astra is similar to JnJ in effectiveness against Delta which is in the 35% range in newer studies

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
White House just released the numbers that it is 97% unvaccinated in hospitals in the US. Virtually all states have released similar numbers between 96-99%.

People in the US who don't want to get vaccinated are about to have it really tough...

Google just announced all employees need to be vaccinated to return to the office and many other businesses are following suit. NYC just mandated all indoor businesses only allow vaccinated people in. Other cities will follow suit. White House backs both measures.

Pretty soon if you are unvaccinated you will either have to submit to daily or twice a week testing to be allowed to work in the office or be banned altogether limiting what jobs you can have and basically not be allowed anywhere indoors.

So pretty much broke and sitting at home by themselves because they can't go anywhere is where this is headed. Their choice tho. You are free to do what you want. Just like businesses and employers have that same freedom right? They can do what they want also. Like not allow you in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.