Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Banging a girl at the same time as another dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
One guy has a tattoo on his forearm that reads "F.UCK WOMEN." Who is the girl gonna go for?

From that alone, tattoos 'matter.'
Are we talking classy chick or bar fly? To some people, proper punctuation is a sign of intelligence.

To some people.

Just a Shot Away said:
However, obviously this is a very rare circumstance and innocuous things such as your taste in movies or facial symmetry can occasionally make a difference. But these things are so negligible in Seduction that entertaining a debate of whether or not they matter and if so, how much is foolhardy.
When have you seen a person WITHOUT A SYMMETRICAL FACE?

You're using the straw man again because you're weak and pathetic.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Are we talking classy chick or bar fly? To some people, proper punctuation is a sign of intelligence.
That's all well and good, but the same exact question can be asked in regards to looks. Of course there's some women that are going to be more attracted/less attracted to a guy because of his looks but there's so few out there that it isn't even worth talking about.

When have you seen a person WITHOUT A SYMMETRICAL FACE?

You're using the straw man again because you're weak and pathetic.
You really do take this stuff too personally. I know the emotional knee-jerk reaction when you are beaten is to release an exasperated string of personal attacks, but that doesn't do anybody any favors. Listen. Check this book out: "Facial Attractiveness - Evolutionary, Cognitive, and Social Perspectives." It was written by two people (women, no less) who have Ph.D.'s in this field. I know you think that just because someone has devoted their lives to being educated about a topic that it still doesn't mean they are more qualified to speak on the subject than you, but I got news for you: the whole f.uckin' world thinks that. Facial symmetry is directly linked to physical attractiveness. Yes, everyone's face is roughly symmetrical. The difference is in the degree of symmetry displayed.

You've got a double whammy here, Alle. You have two WOMEN who have graduate degrees in psychology who are telling you that it is facial symmetry that determines physical beauty. It's really going to be a struggle for you to make a case for the contrary, here. I'm not saying it's impossible, but you definitely have your work cut out for you. This is something that can probably be argued. What cannot be argued, however, is that facial symmetry in men is virtually meaningless in Seduction. You have a merry Christmas, now, Alle.

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
...Unbelievable thread. Sounds so trollish. Anyways, good luck JASA. I don't have any life experience on stuff like this, but when I do meet a woman like that(GOD FORBID), you will always remind me never to talk to them.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hikapo said:
...Unbelievable thread. Sounds so trollish. Anyways, good luck JASA.
I'm devastated by your remarks. But in all honesty, don't try to take the high horse and pretend you wouldn't have sex with Alessandra Ambrosio or Megan Fox because they're "married." It's very easy to take the moral high road on the Internet but when push comes to shove in the real world and nobody's watching...priorities tend to change.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
I know you think that just because someone has devoted their lives to being educated about a topic that it still doesn't mean they are more qualified to speak on the subject than you, but I got news for you: the whole f.uckin' world thinks that.
Excuse me Professor Bull, but you quoting someone else's work does not make you educated on that specific topic. I can quote things also, that just means I am able to interpret their findings.
This is why I constantly rip on your so called "science". I've been to a top Univeristy for the medical sciences, I've gotten excellent grades, I know the bullsh*t which is why I'm finishing up a business degree.

Congratulations on being able to cram for an exam. That doesn't make you smart, that means you have a great memory. Unfortunately it also gives you this massive and unearned ego. You can be arrogant when you know your sh*t. Only problem is that when you actually DO know anything you will become humble. It's the newbies with a little bit of knowledge that think they know everything in every single trade. Ever.

Hell, I've done the exact same thing myself.

You have two WOMEN who have graduate degrees in psychology who are telling you that it is facial symmetry that determines physical beauty. It's really going to be a struggle for you to make a case for the contrary, here. I'm not saying it's impossible, but you definitely have your work cut out for you. This is something that can probably be argued. What cannot be argued, however, is that facial symmetry in men is virtually meaningless in Seduction.
So you're saying that facial symmetry determines beauty, and only facial symmetry. Gotcha.
Then you go on to say that facial symmetry is meaningless to men in seduction. Since facial symmetry and beauty are interchangeable terms now, you're saying that beauty for men has NO MEANING whatsoever when it comes to seduction.

Explain male strippers who have a beautiful (male) body.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Excuse me Professor Bull, but you quoting someone else's work does not make you educated on that specific topic. I can quote things also, that just means I am able to interpret their findings.
This is why I constantly rip on your so called "science". I've been to a top Univeristy for the medical sciences, I've gotten excellent grades, I know the bullsh*t which is why I'm finishing up a business degree.
You're right. That's not what makes me educated on that specific topic. What makes me educated on that specific topic is my years of research and formal training in that specific topic. I think it's great that you've gotten excellent grades in your business classes, but I really don't see how your knowledge of business or what your former University is or is not known for relates to whether or not two women with Ph.D's in psychology are more qualified to speak about female psychology than you are.

So you're saying that facial symmetry determines beauty, and only facial symmetry. Gotcha.
Facial beauty, but yes. I'm saying it and the experts in this subject are saying it. I'm no expert and I don't try to pretend to be. That's why I just let the facts and the experts speak for themselves.

Explain male strippers who have a beautiful (male) body.
6-8 lean, high-protein meals a day combined with 4 days a week in the gym? Just kidding. I assume you're trying to tell me that since male strippers typically are in good physical shape, this means that looks matter to women. In this case, I say that there is a lot more to stripping than just a nice body. I've been to strip clubs and seen chicks with nice bodies up there on the pole that just aren't sexy. Additionally, male strippers make a living attracting women. Having a great body is part of the total package, which maximizes attraction which in turn maximizes revenue for the strip joint. But again, a male stripper with no stage presence, dancing skills, or charisma has no shot at making money...16 inch arms and ripped 8-pack abs bedamned.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
What makes me educated on that specific topic is my years of research and formal training in that specific topic.
Which is exactly my point. Coming from someone with the same training (maybe a year less), that makes me qualified to inform you that your 'training' is meaningless. Book smarts will only get you so far, and you are very book smart. That's not a compliment. Being able to memorize and repeat is not a sign of intelligence. It's what you do with the info available to you that makes you intelligent.

I'm still waiting to see that.

relates to whether or not two women with Ph.D's in psychology are more qualified to speak about female psychology than you are.
You are NOT the two women with the Ph.D's in psychology. You are NOT the person conducting said psychology experiments on facial proportions. Safe to assume I'm right on the two points.

Therefore you are just a person who can quote their findings, and you're doing a very bad job of it. That's my argument. I'm not arguing with THEM, I am arguing with YOU. You do not represent them.

I'm no expert and I don't try to pretend to be.
LOL. You're funny you know that?

That's why I just let the facts and the experts speak for themselves.
Yes, by bastardizing their work and misquoting the evidence.

You're doing a great job! (Not really, was sarcastic).

But again, a male stripper with no stage presence, dancing skills, or charisma has no shot at making money...16 inch arms and ripped 8-pack abs bedamned.
So if looks aren't important then why do male strippers look good? Why not just hire someone that looks like Ron Jeremy or Joe that hairy butcher from your local meat shop?

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Which is exactly my point. Coming from someone with the same training (maybe a year less), that makes me qualified to inform you that your 'training' is meaningless.
Please. Same training? Last time I heard you majored in f.uckin' business. You wouldn't know where to start if I gave you a rudimentary organic chemistry mechanism to complete or asked you to describe the significance of the Cambrian explosion to me. Likewise, I have zero knowledge of the finer points of mergers and acquisitions which is why I don't try to argue with people who do.

Book smarts will only get you so far, and you are very book smart. That's not a compliment. Being able to memorize and repeat is not a sign of intelligence. It's what you do with the info available to you that makes you intelligent.
You think looks matter to women. Ask me if I care what you think the definition of intelligence is. Go ahead. Ask me. ;) I have no idea where you're getting this "memorize and repeat" stuff from since my knowledge of science has no bearing on the facts at hand, but it's a very bizarre infatuation you have.

You are NOT the two women with the Ph.D's in psychology. You are NOT the person conducting said psychology experiments on facial proportions.
A few statements completely unrelated to their findings. This is simply more filler from you.

Therefore you are just a person who can quote their findings, and you're doing a very bad job of it. That's my argument. I'm not arguing with THEM, I am arguing with YOU. You do not represent them.
No, I don't represent them. That's why I recommended their book to you. I didn't quote anybody, which is why it's impossible to do a bad job of doing something that I never did in the first place.

So if looks aren't important then why do male strippers look good? Why not just hire someone that looks like Ron Jeremy or Joe that hairy butcher from your local meat shop?
I already explained this to you, Alle. Scroll back to the last post.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
Please. Same training? Last time I heard you majored in f.uckin' business. You wouldn't know where to start if I gave you a rudimentary organic chemistry mechanism to complete or asked you to describe the significance of the Cambrian explosion to me. Likewise, I have zero knowledge of the finer points of mergers and acquisitions which is why I don't try to argue with people who do.
Ever since grade 6 I've been studying science, my favorites have been biology (mostly anatomy) and chemistry. I got good grades and was accepted into a university early for biochemistry. I applied for all of two universities (best in Ontario for the sciences) and was accepted by both. I stuck with it for two years, then decided that it wasn't worth it and went to business.

I was right. One of my roomates just graduaded with his chemistry degree and he can't find a job that pays more than $40,000. He's going back for a graduate degree or something. This is why I am in business now, I saw this happening to me and avoided the tragedy.

In conclusion, I know the environment, I know what it's like studying for this, I know what it takes to get good grades and remain in a higher education environment and I know which is the BS.

There's alot of things I don't know, but this I know well.

I have no idea where you're getting this "memorize and repeat" stuff from since my knowledge of science has no bearing on the facts at hand, but it's a very bizarre infatuation you have.
I didn't expect you to be so honest here. It's good to know that your knowledge of science has no bearing on the facts at hand.

Then WHY do you comment on the facts at hand if you have no idea about them? Why continue to comment on facial symmetry if you just told me you know little of it?

I already explained this to you, Alle. Scroll back to the last post.
A little bit. You said confidence and dance routines. Stage presence. There's plenty of hairy fat guys who are deluded enough about their appearance who can pull off the same moves. For example, Ron Jeremy.

Why don't women want them on stage? Instead they go crazy for abs and pecs.

machoalex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
What makes me educated on that specific topic is my years of research and formal training in that specific topic.
Specifically, what formal training have you received? Do you have a PHd, a B.S., or are you just working toward getting your AA from a Junior College?

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stupid thread is stupid

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
machoalex said:
Specifically, what formal training have you received? Do you have a PHd, a B.S., or are you just working toward getting your AA from a Junior College?
He said he's in University. His "training" comes from a book about basic biology. :rolleyes:

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
He said he's in University. His "training" comes from a book about basic biology. :rolleyes:
Oh, please. Why are you feeding the trolls anyway, Alle? Have you even checked his post history? Gotta do that research, man. You really got to, nowadays.

Anyway, my formal training is from UCLA (that's the University of California at Los Angeles) professors...not that it matters. The facts about sexual selection would remain the same even if I had never received any training in the subject whatsoever. Although I have to admit that much of my extensive knowledge about this topic has come from independent research.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
Why are you feeding the trolls anyway, Alle?
They need a little bit of fertilizer to sprout, then you know for sure. I don't think he's a troll.

The facts about sexual selection would remain the same even if I had never received any training in the subject whatsoever.
We're debating about what the facts actually are. As I have explained, humans don't always fit the same mold as other animals. If you want a good approximation of the human model you must look at the primates. The smarter and more social the species, the better the approximation.

You still haven't responded to my other post. Why do chicks go nuts for abs and stage presence vs a beer gut and stage presence? I'll tell you why, because its a trick question and can't be answered like that. Chicks actually dislike beer guts and when sizing up a man, any healthy normal chick will see that as a negative when sizing up a man. Abs are a result of physical strength and conditioning is and an overall positive feature when sizing up a man.

I see that UCLA education hasn't gone to waste... :rolleyes:

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
They need a little bit of fertilizer to sprout, then you know for sure. I don't think he's a troll.
So the fact that he hasn't posted in months, never started a thread, and spent half of his 14 posts trying to attack me isn't good enough for you? What's it gonna take?

Why do chicks go nuts for abs and stage presence vs a beer gut and stage presence?
They do? I really don't think Jerry Garcia had a big problem with the ladies, man. Don't quote me on that, though. What's your source on this, anyway?

Abs are a result of physical strength and conditioning is and an overall positive feature when sizing up a man.
Assuming this is true, it really doesn't make a difference when trying to argue that looks matter to women. Since Ron Jeremy could get a six pack no problem if he wanted to, you surely won't argue that women are going to start going crazy for this guy or that he's "good-looking" after losing his gut. This is why it is better to put body composition under the banner of appearance rather than looks.

I see that UCLA education hasn't gone to waste... :rolleyes:
Actually I just read an article today about the neurosurgeon that's treating that congresswoman that got shot in the head. He treated 30 gunshot wounds a day working in LA! Hopefully it won't be going to waste when I'm doing the same. You can roll your eyes all you want. You're more than welcome to denigrate the medical profession, just like I'm more than welcome to respect those who have chosen business as their chosen field.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
So the fact that he hasn't posted in months, never started a thread, and spent half of his 14 posts trying to attack me isn't good enough for you? What's it gonna take?
Trolling someone else, that's what. I see him as the anti-troll. You post some nonsense, he counters it with logic. So far, I agree with what he posts because its full of reason.

They do? I really don't think Jerry Garcia had a big problem with the ladies, man. Don't quote me on that, though. What's your source on this, anyway?
From male models. I know one, and there's Fuglydude who hangs out in the fitness section. He worked at a male strip club. It's nice that you think Jerry Garcia is a good example, but he plays guitar which more than compensates for him looking like a hung over Santa Claus.

Actually I just read an article today about the neurosurgeon that's treating that congresswoman that got shot in the head. He treated 30 gunshot wounds a day working in LA! Hopefully it won't be going to waste when I'm doing the same.
Yes I really hope so too.

You're more than welcome to denigrate the medical profession, just like I'm more than welcome to respect those who have chosen business as their chosen field.
I have alot of respect for those who can work on the human body. What I have a problem with is the way you reason things which has not made sense so far... and the preaching. This last post of yours is the most reasonable so far. Keep it up. And if you want to compare humans to the animal kingdom then primates. The smarter and more social the closer to humans, chimps for example.

Comparing human society to the simpler animals is completely out of touch with reality and not only that but we have less in common with them. So why stick to a sh*tty model? That I don't understand.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
From male models. I know one, and there's Fuglydude who hangs out in the fitness section. He worked at a male strip club.
Oh ok, so in STRIP CLUBS women go crazy more for abs than a beer gut. I suppose I can buy that. These women are paying for the maximum amount of physical attractiveness and charisma. They aren't looking to start a relationship with these guys when they go in there. If women went to these places to find a boyfriend, then I could see where you might deduce that looks matter to women in the dating game.

It's nice that you think Jerry Garcia is a good example, but he plays guitar which more than compensates for him looking like a hung over Santa Claus.
Right, well you implied that women won't go crazy for a guy that has great stage presence if he has a beer gut. If we're going to exclude musicians that play guitar, then I'll let Jerry go.

Comparing human society to the simpler animals is completely out of touch with reality and not only that but we have less in common with them. So why stick to a sh*tty model? That I don't understand.
Well, you'd be surprised how similar humans are to animals that many people consider inferior beings. But most of the studies that I've posted have been based on humans, anyway. I don't even know why people are so concerned whether or not their looks matter to begin with. It seems like a really feminine thing to be worried about to me. I don't know anybody worth their salt on this site who would argue the importance of looking pretty before sarging over having having one's confidence and inner game in check.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
Check this book out: "Facial Attractiveness - Evolutionary, Cognitive, and Social Perspectives." It was written by two people (women, no less) who have Ph.D.'s in this field.
This is true, and good to see someone who has actually studied this. There is of course a reason why we feel different levels of attraction to different looks, these things don't just happen by accident, and the answer is as usual evolution. There is a certain facial symmetry in women that appeals to most men, and that is because it signals youth and health and good genes.

There have been many studies on this, where men grade different faces as attractive or not, and they all show the same thing.

Usual disclaimer: there are of course other factors that determine attraction. But the proportions in the face are a big part of it. This site explains it well:

http://www.beautyanalysis.com/

Alle_Gory said:
Why is it bullsh*t to be aware of the studies that have been made in this? I have also studied business at the university, it doesn't mean I won't listen to the studies that explore evolutionary psychology.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:
Why is it bullsh*t to be aware of the studies that have been made in this? I have also studied business at the university, it doesn't mean I won't listen to the studies that explore evolutionary psychology.
You just referred to Just A Shot Away as the bullsh*t in question. Read back.

Status
Not open for further replies.