Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Attention Admin: Your 10-post rule sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Faded Image said:
That's 3650 post per year, I only have like 260 in just under four years.
Nope, this rule won't affect me.

Depends on how you post. If you log in infrequently and post an average of 20 times each time you log in it will STILL limit you. This sort of thing is difficult to get right and prone to unintended consequences and intentional gaming.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TurboLover said:
Judging on how many post I've done since I registered.

I think I might be OK.

:nervous:
I don't know about that...

comic_relief

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Terrible terrible rule.

Ban the posters who simply blot the forums with junk.

However, for those with something useful to say, they should be allowed as many posts as possible.

This is like an ineffective tax system, it should be targeted to the problem area, not a uniform tax.

Disgraceful rule and a lazy one, the mods should be a lot tougher on guys who post junk, simple as that.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup: Imagine that. Some people might have to develop a life outside the forum. The mods are trying to just get you guys out in the field so you'll stop ***** footing around the forum.

BTW, this isn't a cell phone company. There wont be any rollover posts. :crackup:

Weekends and nights aren't free, etc, etc.

Here's a better idea. How about we all just not post anything for 10 days. Kick the SS addiction. :D

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Only a lawyer could make such a convincing argument :p . I agree with you B-B. There are quality posters who ocassionally post more than 10 times per day, especially during a heated topic. This post rule count should only apply to bad posters if anyone. Like iqqi, who should be limited to 0 post per day :D .
Maybe the rep system could finally be put to some real use as a factor in modulating the individual users post limit.

Also, a more complex formula like 20 per day, 50 per week, might be a better and more flexible fit. I'd say we should live with it as is for a bit and then tweak if need be.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really not digging this.

I'm sacrificing on of my 10 post of the day to make a complaint about this "rule".

The more older mature men don't need a limit on what they can and can't say.

Personally, this is turning me off to the site.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Is it any wonder I've got too much *clap clap* time on my hands. . ."

Here is a premise which cannot be defeated:

If one has a life full of meaningful activity external to this forum, they can't possibly have time to devote to adding over 10 posts of substance to the discourse here in a day.

In my opinion, this new rule is brilliant. How can anyone take anyone else seriously who posts that frequently anyway? There is no real downside here.

This rule should eliminate:
- posters who must e-dominate every discussion they get into
- posters who insist on making themselves heard on every single topic that's brought up
- the chronic mental masturbators
- self-proclaimed experts
- keyboard jockery
- frivolous posting
- concern trolling
- flame wars
- posters who spend hours upon hours on here instead of in their own offline reality, using this forum as a 'social refuge'

I don't believe this rule puts a limit on posters with well-considered opinions, because I don't believe posters with well-considered opinions generally have time to post more often than 10 times a day anyway, without crossing over into the territory of frivolous conversation. That will probably offend some people, but where is a legitimate counter-argument to it? If people want to have extended conversations with other posters there are plenty of convenient alternatives to using the discussion board to communicate back-and-forth.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
It's true that people with more value to give tend not to post as much. I found that when I was KJ-ing I posted a LOT, whereas now I rarely do.
You still don't post anything of value, elor! :D

--

I think Faded Image said something interesting. 10 posts per day = 3650 posts per year. Does anyone really have to contribute more than that?

--

Threads merged, please keep discussion in this thread.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually re evaluated my post count per day and i have only posted over 10 times ONCE.

so maybe this wont affect valued posters as much as i thought.

HOWEVER...

i am scrolling through the threads and debating on which IF ANY i will deploy my opinions. more than likely i would have not added any comments prior to this 10 post rule, but i cant help but feel " restricted"

it is a bit "concerning" that QUALITY posterS WITHOUT A DOUBT will not contribute to certain threads that would have needed their advice. EVEN if they do not reach their 10 post limit.
everyone will be too reserved, leaving post counts for 'expected better" threads that may not even be created

as quick said though, lets give it a try and if it needs tweaking then so be it. I think everyone is excited about making this forum better.

edit: i cant help but notice the post counts on every poster now .. there are posters who have surpassed my own post count and only been here a month.. GEEZE

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
If one has a life full of meaningful activity external to this forum, they can't possibly have time to devote to adding over 10 posts of substance to the discourse here in a day.
I was tempted to post in that "Iron Man" thread yesterday, but wasn't sure how much substance I could truly bring to the discussion. Yeah we could talk about Robert Downey Jr. and how cool he was in the role and other stuff like that, but I would have to look in the mirror and say "reset, how much SUBSTANCE did you give to the board by talking bout Iron Man."

I almost forgot how seriously we are to take ourselves as DJs.

But SERIOUSLY: :eek:

Now when it gets to the meat of the site, no I don't post more than whatever my average is, 5 or so a day. Only problem is, in places like Mature Man, when my brain is unlocking and all this good stuff is coming my way, it's easy as hell to have more than ten posts if a particular topic is rocking my world and CHANGING MY LIFE. In that case it's all substance.

Now I have to monitor myself and ask "do you really want to express your opinion RIGHT NOW? Are you SURE it's going to be a post of SUBSTANCE? See with my ego I assume all my posts are not only of substance, but essential to the evolution of the planet. NOT that I take myself all that seriously, mind you.

"Let's give it a try and see how it goes" is fine, but I am naturally now not going to contribute in discussions where the contribution is making me a DJ. Which is what this place is for.

If the idea of this place was not ongoing discussion, than it should be one of those old yahoo email lists where it's like a weekly newsletter.

There has to be a better method. This one size fits all where the confused high school kid who can't shut up, and some of the mature DJ oracles we have here get the same treatment, just feels wrong.

edit: I agree with SinJester.

edit: DAYUM-- I got my first refusal. I feel violated. All I wanted to do was say lols at taiyuu otoko!
What is this nazi germany?

Last edited:

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha this is probably a very good thing for me. Ironically I couldn't post in here because I reached the limit. The first time I seen it I was like 'What!?' then I got angry but shortly after I thought it might be a good thing, for me anyway. I'll be honest I'm on here too much. I might be a 'keyboard jockey' depending on your definition.

The thing I'm worried about is people will get scared about 'wasting' their 10 posts and I think that some people might not get the help and advice they need. Are people going to waste time, or rather posts, to help people who have questions that may seem stupid, beginner, or have been asked before? Especially in the high school forum. A lot of my posts are helping people out and today the 10 post rule stopped me from doing that.

Also another thing is that quantity does not mean it equals bad quality. A post that's just a few lines long could be just a good as a much longer post, or ever better. Is anyone going to complain if guys like Interceptor post more than 10 times a day?

So yeah there's some negative but do we really need to post more than 10 times a day? Probably no most of the time. Still we could be on here and then go to sleep and when we wake up our 10 post limit wont reset for awhile. Then again it gets me off of here.

I'll wait a little longer and see how this turns out.

EDIT: Yeah reading reset's post it seems a little silly to put a limit on such mature men. The anything else forum might slowly die somewhat.

PS: We will all be using the edit button a lot more.

RE-EDIT: LOL at taiyuu_otoko below me :p I'm gonna be a jew with my posts :cool:

Last edited:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
Here is a premise which cannot be defeated:

Why can't that premise be defeated? My life defeated it right away. I posted about this earlier, but your 'premise which cannot be defeated' is entirely flawed. Just because YOU can't have a life and post ten times a day has no bearing on me.

And what is "of substance?" Details about bothering girls at the mall and then coming back here so the virgins can tell me that girls are all wh0res with STDs anyway? So much is made here of having a great life away from girls, yet people are looked down upon for talking about anything but women. You're not supposed to make girls the point of your life - but they are supposed to be the point of all sosuave discussions?

A lot of hobbies and interests that have nothing to do with women on the surface are still aspects of your life that can attract women. The reason I don't want to talk about cage fighting, motorcycles, and fast cars in private is that in my mind these topics have a lot to do with women. Anyone who wants to cultivate an interest in these topics can use them to get opportunities and interest from women - they tend to go crazy for the stuff, and it's silly to not be able to talk about it on a site about how to meet women.

On the one hand, sosuave says to be a complete man, but on the other hand - "Sarge on!" is the consensus answer to every guy's problems - as if being the creepiest guy at your local shopping mall is some sort of accomplishment. Apparently, the sosuave powers that be are delusional enough to believe that the post limit will make virgins wake up from a zombified state and start creeping out girls in public asap - and then also that this will solve anyone's problems.

Let me tell everyone something about all of this seduction crap - women LAUGH at it. They laugh a lot. It is a great amog to use against another guy, because it turns him into an instant joke. This is not to say that there is no value in any of the 'crap,' but a lot of it is still pretty silly. I'm thankful to have a life that attracts women so that I don't have to resort to pua foolishness.

Last edited:

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
The iqqi and MNIN rule

Ok this is my first post since I've heard of the rule. At first thought, I really didn't like it because there are days where I like to help alot of people and there are days where I like to shoot off in the AE forum. Now I admit I create some really stupid threads (someone nominated me for the worst thread of 2008 award and the moderaters rewarded me by deleting it).

But for the most part, I think I've got alot to offer given my experiences with women and relationships. Having said that, I think this will clean up the site. Reduced should be the 15 MNIN threads giving us a play by play on every text that he sends, or the iqqi baiting threads.

It will probably also probably end some of the threads in the MM forum that I think are a waste of energy.

But after mulling it over for the past hour, I found myself not wanting to post because I don't want to use up my 10 gold nuggits. But when I do post, you know what, its going to be for something worthwhile. For that aspect, I'm starting to like the rule and am willing to give it the old college try.

I'll just have to spend more time on the hockey forums.

edit1: I also think this will slowly kill of the AE forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.