Attention Admin: Your 10-post rule sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm generally against strict moderation but on balance I think for every quality member who might really need to post an eleventh great post of the day, there will be 20 time-wasters (nobody springs to mind, but I'm occasionally amazed at some high post counts from relatively new members) who could do with a daily limit.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F*ckin a yeah!!!

Okay this is officially the best forum of it's kind! Instead of telling those of you who do abosolutly nothing but stay on sosuave but refuse to work the feild to go the f*ck outside! Sure I post on varying degrees and I have had my share of days where I have a sosuave-a-thon but the end product is still the bottom line. I apply a great deal of what I see and read here in the real world and I do it well. It's like the will of the DJ compells me. If I didn't have a good number of days, weeks, months, and years where I wasn't here, what kind of progress could I possibly have had? The only people this really affects are the scared and of course the trolls lurking about. You'd have to be pretty dedicated to come to a site everyday to harass weilding that little amunition to flame with.

Another side effect is it might encourage some of you to really think about the statments around you before you post your ten thoughts for the day and also the responses around said thoughts longer. It's impetuious posting randomly without that extra time to think that holds alot of us down.

Look at those fools in LS for instance. Some of them have thousands of post per week. THOUANDS! They litereally LIVE in on the site. It's untasteful and unhealthy. It'd be good to know I wasn't talking to actual zombies. Some Resident Evil: Cyber Space sh*t happening there man!

Bravo I'm very impressed with this progression:up:

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bottom line of all of this is the admin should interact directly with the membership of the site on the open forum and consult all of us about major changes and all that they entail before making them.

Ask us our take, ask us for a better solution if we disagree with the admin's and if we think we have a better solution to propose it. Don't just go around making strong arm decisions and expect people to swallow it. This type of nonchalant non caring attitude of what the membership thinks has destroyed more than one forum and it can destroy this one as well.

And I do realize sometimes admins have to make a drastic decision based on costs but we don't even know if money is the reason this decision has been made because the admin won't tell us.

We are being kept completely in the dark here.

Even if we all agreed this was a good rule which we all don't (Bible Belt, reset, myself, Latinoman and others) we still haven't been given a full and proper explanation by how this works exactly by the admin and thats just unacceptable.

Tell us how it works already clear and concise.

Also it'd be nice to have a profile option that told us how many posts we had left before they ran out exactly rather than having to play the guessing game like we currently do.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Life after the 10 post rule

Here is what life has come to since the 10 post rule has been adopted via PM, it was just funny I had to share it

LovelyLady said:
MacAvoy said:
I edited my response (didn't want to waste another post, they are like gold now)
I edited my post to address your edited post that addressed my edited post that... well, you get the picure :p :crackup:
well I'm off to probably go edit another post LOL

edit1: there is always a way around the rules

edit2: whats next, take away our edit feature? Big Brother told me below to delete this line! :cheer:

Last edited:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with KontrollerX. I never did nothing to so suave yet it's slapping me in the face. I agree I'd like a more detailed description of how this works.

In any case the nature of this site has changed. It's a new day--it's been over 24 hours since I started posting yesterday, but I don't get a fresh day. It's lame. The members here deserve better.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Here is what life has come to since the 10 post rule has been adopted via PM, it was just funny I had to share it

well I'm off to probably go edit another post LOL

edit1: there is always a way around the rules

edit2: whats next, take away our edit feature? Gotta love the Bush mentality, movin closer to a communist state.
Watch it. :trouble:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
The bottom line of all of this is the admin should interact directly with the membership of the site on the open forum and consult all of us about major changes and all that they entail before making them.

etc etc.
I've said this time and time again but Sosuave.net is a PRIVATELY OWNED SITE. The administrator is technically a dictator for lack of a better word. He owes us nothing sees and controlls all. We for lack of better terms are pesants and the moderators are the police/consultants to the boss. Sure it'd be nice to have our voices heard and not have major changes happen, but at least they are somewhat open to suggestions and often poll us about changes to be made. Is that however a necessity for him? Absolutly not. There are "senior members" who have been coming here for several years and are lunatics. There are others who have been here just for a short while and wrack up the most nonsensical marathon of pointlessness. Sure there are the converse of what can be opinionatively be called "good posters" on varying degrees as well and from time to time it's nice to hear from them. Ultimately though, Allen runs this place like his house, castle, buisness. He notices things because he can look at it with outside and decerning eyes because he's gaguing the direction of the culture here with the eyes of a creator.

Yikes post 7 for me today! If I wasn't sure I could do an advance search and see results for all post made by me. After the ones from the current date reach 10, it's likely i'll have to begin a countdown until I can post again.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I've said this time and time again but Sosuave.net is a PRIVATELY OWNED SITE. The administrator is technically a dictator for lack of a better word. He owes us nothing sees and controlls all. We for lack of better terms are pesants and the moderators are the police/consultants to the boss."

Yes I'm well aware of this argument and every time its proponents use it and an administrator embraces this line of thinking the quality membership leaves and the site gets even worse.

I'm of the mindset that if you are running a business its best to be as open, informative, friendly and welcoming about it as possible especially when you are hoping for people to be a patron of your business and remain patrons.

Administrators/business owners quickly find out that by not doing this they go out of business or their business suffers for a while to take this extremist mindset.

Being ruthless is only acceptable in business when it is about you going all out to crush your competitors.

So I understand the justifying logical nature of the argument but for forum posters to bring it up and themselves push it on their fellow members well...it is only self defeating to do so dude.

You are doing this because you like this change.

We don't.

What happens when there is a change you don't like?

You won't have a leg to stand on and voice your protest because you have already brought up the "dictator" argument and cut yourself off at the neck.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will add an interesting dynamic. Interesting move, not permanent I suppose?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
What happens when there is a change you don't like?

You won't have a leg to stand on and voice your protest because you have already brought up the "dictator" argument and cut yourself off at the neck.
I've been here for years. If a change happens I don't like I'll either deal with it or I have the option of leaving...I am afterall a free thinking human. Despite the length of time I've been here, I don't need sosouave. I come here for entertainment purposes and now and again to drop the occasional drop of knowledge from my fountain of experience.

What I won't however do is let some or any internet forum upset me in anyway. I'm as cool as the otherside of the pillow because I know that SS has no real power over me. Just like women, you have to give it power in order for it to do anything to your mindset. The strong adapt to change and thrive under new conditions or find hunting grounds more suited for their qualities. It's the rule of nature.

KontrollerX said:
Or the strong fight against change that is bad.
I wonder how many times I could do this a day? Far more then 10 i imagine. Sure it's not as linear as repeat posting but concidering the high character limit allowed per post combined with the 2000 some odd minute time limit on editting, I figure I could average 6-10 post per subject that's 60-100 post for those keeping count. I just thought of this because I was faced with "adversity" and my mind adapted to find a way around it.

Not that I don't appreciate your effort, but why pull teeth when you can eat cake? If the mountain will not go to muhammed, then muhammed will have to go to the mountain.

reset said:
edit--hey! This post fell under the window of time alloted! YAY!
Congrats, Make the most of it and don't post again in this thread. Think of them more like your personall message board for each thread. Post once edit many.

reset said:
Reset says, thanks for the suggestion on how to reorient myself.
The simple solutions to most problems are often the ones right in front of our eyes. Sure there is bound to be some discomfort and confussion at first, but trust me when I say, when we finally catch our feet, we will become aclimated to the new system soon. If we believe in ourselves things will turn themselves around, you'll see!

reset said:
This is like a PC, error messages everytime I try to do something
Only because you're not yet use to it. Should this stipulation on posting last for a while, then all the high number posters will have to do something like this or create seperate handles and post that way. For instance as PRMoon I could Be PRMoon1-10 or PRMooon and keep adding o's or some letter to continue posting. Either way though it may be annoying, it's a way to continue presenting ideas outside the 10 post limit. Again I know it's uncomfortable but with the current system it's the only way to do it. Otherwise you'll have to conform to just 10 post or join the rest in the protest. That MIGHT turn things around and make things the way they were before, but by adopting my methodology, you have a solution already provided.

KontrollerX said:
Come back here when you have something worthwhile to say about why this is a good decision but enough with your all too transparent use of a lame unproductive shaming insults.
Why is it not easy for some of us to move on? It's super easy to get around the new system. I've been editting this same box since the better part of 12 pm. Do I want to have the luxury of posting more then ten times a day? Sure it'd be nice. Is it necessary? F*ck know. Posting here doesn't matter how many times but how you utilize the system. I'm only gonna "stack" like this a few times when necessary but then again I don't post much more then 10 times aday anyway. I average like 1.26 over the years of being here. Why whine and moan when the "problem" is already solved?!

Last edited:

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The strong adapt to change and thrive under new conditions or find hunting grounds more suited for their qualities. It's the rule of nature."

Or the strong fight against change that is bad.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah don't let the forum hurt you. It's just a computer program. What I'm upset about is how I'm going to have to change how I interact with all these people I've come to know. That's the tricky part.

edit--hey! This post fell under the window of time alloted! YAY!

PR Says--

"Congrats, Make the most of it and don't post again in this thread. Think of them more like your personall message board for each thread. Post once edit many."

Reset says, thanks for the suggestion on how to reorient myself.

This is like a PC, error messages everytime I try to do something.

Last edited:

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta wonder about your life when you realise your biggest current issue is how many times you can post a day on SoSuave.net.

I don't know whats sadder, the fact you care, or the fact you think it's important to your lives.

DannykDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ A lot of guys are here because their lives are messed up,and have hit a low point and are looking to improve and regain control of their own lives. Thats why I'm here.

The last 3 months of my life have been a living hell and I hit the lowest point of my life 2 months ago. I had almost no one left in my life that cared and the people on this site helped me and talked me through it. Both on the forum and in private discussion many members here listened to my problems and gave me advice without once judging or criticizing me. You can say it's nerdy or lame that all I had to talk to was a message board, but when you hit almost rock bottom lets see how much you have to work with.

All this ten post limit does is make it so Mavrick, Francisco, Lushy, Dongordon, interceptor, comic relief, and others who actually contribute are limited to how much they can help others, and trust me some people on here really need help.

I promise there are good men out there right now who are crying their eyes out feeling heart broken, used, manipulated, cheated, and worthless.Men who really want to change who they are and be in control of their life, but they don't know what the first step is.

Yes there are a lot of armchair philosophers who don't practice what they preach and a group of veteran "elite" who only give one liner posts insulting everyone who doesn't screw at least a hundred chicks a week, and the many infamous 14 year old trolls who "did it for the lulz", but why can't they all just be banned instead limiting the quality posters.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GREAT IDEA.

Shuddup flammers and get a life bouyos!! :up: :up: :up:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
I'm of the mindset that if you are running a business its best to be as open, informative, friendly and welcoming about it as possible especially when you are hoping for people to be a patron of your business and remain patrons.
Dude, patrons are people that come to your business to BUY things. At sosuave.net, that would mean coming to the site, having a look around, and then clicking on one of the links and BUYING AN ADVERTISED PRODUCT. If one spends half one's day posting on a FREE internet forum, then one is NOT a patron.

One becomes like the homeless guy that walks into Mcdonalds, sits at a table mumbling to himself and NEVER BUYS ANYTHING.

This is all FREE. They are changing the rules of something that was FREE, is FREE and will still be FREE in the future.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
One becomes like the homeless guy that walks into Mcdonalds, sits at a table mumbling to himself and NEVER BUYS ANYTHING.
You sure like to compare a lot of things to McDonald's even when it's not analagous. What's up with that?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Dude, patrons are people that come to your business to BUY things. At sosuave.net, that would mean coming to the site, having a look around, and then clicking on one of the links and BUYING AN ADVERTISED PRODUCT. If one spends half one's day posting on a FREE internet forum, then one is NOT a patron.

This is all FREE. They are changing the rules of something that was FREE, is FREE and will still be FREE in the future.
From dictionary.com

Patron
1. a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, esp. a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.
2. a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause, charity, institution, special event, or the like: a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.
3. a person whose support or protection is solicited or acknowledged by the dedication of a book or other work.

Pay attention to the second meaning for the word.

The descriptive words "efforts and endorsement" are mentioned aside from money. These words fit every last good poster here who has worked hard to make this site a better place and help people on it to become better men and women.

Which means a patron isn't always a patron just by spending money.

One can be a patron by making great efforts and endorsements for a cause which Sosuave basically is in a way.

So yeah it'd be very appreciated if the other side that loves the decision would quit making crap posts like this toyota guy here. Most of us have practically broken the rep system assigning this guy negative rep for his worthless posts.

Also enough of this KJ talk.

Most of you who bring that sh!t up don't help anyone at all here with advice because you don't know anything having never been in the field being KJ's yourselves so enough of your bullsh!t shaming tactics trying to stifle dissent.

Come back here when you have something worthwhile to say about why this is a good decision but enough with your all too transparent use of a lame unproductive shaming insults.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Gotta wonder about your life when you realise your biggest current issue is how many times you can post a day on SoSuave.net.

I don't know whats sadder, the fact you care, or the fact you think it's important to your lives.
agreed. oh son of a gun! heck! my first post in two days! i'm burning them quick!

i should piss you off by wasting my posts on one liners... and watch you guys think so hard about your posts.

there just isn't anything interesting here.

quit wasting your posts on the Anything Else forum then. just go to a special forum. or do a google search. got a car question? google it or go to a car forum. i don't see how you can incorporate "a DJ thing" into a car (well i do... but it shouldn't matter anyway). there isn't always "a DJ perspective" on everything"

Rex Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's two solutions that would require VERY limited work. Assign post count by reputation level (easy).

OR

Exclued the Anything Else forum from the 10-post rule so that people can talk about anything else w/o effecting their post count. If anything it will make Anything Else less of a joke and more active........10% down. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.