Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Young adults are having heart attacks more often — What’s causing it?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the purposes of discussion, when talking about sudden deaths, we are defining specifically healthy, non-obese young adults under the age of 40 years old, who for no explanation, have simply died, whether by a sudden an unexpected heart attack or something else.

Obesity has existed before the Pandemic. Old Age has existed before the Pandemic (yeah, people eventually die at some point). People have been stressed and down before the Pandemic. Things may have been at a new level because Gen-Z is emerging and their issues are vocal on the internet, but it is not like it did not exist before the Pandemic. If people deferred going to a doctor for a health issue, or have long covid, then that's unfortunately disqualified from the target group -- healthy young adults that have no prior record of a health issue and the cause of death is undetermined and of a freak and out of the blue nature.

The main variable of difference from the target group, unfortunately, apart from the Pandemic (ie which we can agree is now "gone' as far as being the major cause of death today), are the vaccines. This means something bizzare is going on with these young people's circulatory systems that is resulting in catastrophic failure. Knowing that mRna vaccines have been notorious in producing spike proteins throughout the body, and if the material of that vaccine ends up in the wrong place of the body (ie especially if the needle is not asperated prior to injection), that heart tissue, brain tissue, can all convert into these spike proteins, cause pre-mature wear-and-tear all over the body, and if you don't have an immediate or soon side-effect, then you might have one in a longer-range of time.

The only safe vaccine, the Novavax, should have been administered more broadly instead and it's likely it would not be that bad today.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you done a test called a "Calcium Score"? Its a CT scan.
Not had a CT scan.
I did have a heart ultrasound around 8yrs ago - It was related to having seriously high BP when I was MUCH heavier than I am now.

Between about 40 and 51/52 my weight got up to 295lbs - Blood Pressure was ridiculously high (My Doc used the word 'scary')
Sugar in my diet had been the problem (Marriage went bad and I gave up caring - looking back I was probably comfort-eating) so I went on a strict 'No refined/processed sugars' diet - Over the next 10 months I got my weight under 200lbs, and eventually down to around 180-185.
Also got divorced around that time.
I was a keen cyclist in my youth, with my fit weight being around 170-175 lbs... so at 50+ yrs old, I'm happy with 180-185
The ultrasound came when I was around 250lbs, and the sonographer asked if I'd done competitive sports in the past.
She reckoned that the cycling had stood me in good stead, heart was very strong for my age, apart from a mild enlargement, that would likely subside if I continued to get my weight down, and then stayed fit.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But you guys do know that people can die of 'heartbreak'. These events may not be exactly 'acute heartbreak' but maybe living in these cold lonely societies is causing affects we cant easily quantify. Medics are too arrogant to be open to other ideas. Older people can definitely die of 'heartbreak' like when with older couples one dies and the other goes soon after, its so common. How can that be explained by basic medics? it cant.

You guys and all this about 'science' its not the truth the answers dont have to be in science it can be in emotions and feelings that you already know.

But it can also be other physical factors discussed here.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

The medical community is aware, you just weren’t till you read about it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Broken hearts have happened before the Pandemic too.

Again, I would have to go through each individual case, however, from that one's I've heard from the online grapevine, most of the cases were regular people who were not lonely or depressed. There was some guy who was a twin brother of a newscaster that had a sudden death covering a sport, out of the blue. There are others as well. I look at news stories all the time, and some of the victims of this have had productive and healthy lives which would not fit into the category here.

But, you did raise other confunding arguments, like long-covid, and people delaying treatment. That would make some sense in 2022 and 2023, but we are now in 2024 and think these types of excuses as well should start tapering down. If excess deaths continue long to the rest of the decade, or get worst, then eventually you can't blame long-covid or pent-up hospital demand for 2020/2021 as factors in this. But then again, Baby Boomers are a large greying population so I guess that generation subset (ie especially the unhealthy ones with comorbidities, etc...) would account for excess Pre-Pandemic deaths for the latter half of the decade.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s been known since covid-19 first started putting people in body bags that the heart and cardiovascular system are damaged by the virus.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s been known since covid-19 first started putting people in body bags that the heart and cardiovascular system are damaged by the virus.
Agreed. This is a good explanation of the excess deaths which happened in 2020/2021. However, it does not account for today. It's yesterday's pandemic now.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It appears that folks that are not Type O are much more susceptible. I'm an O, and when I got COVID (or at least when I think I had gotten it :rolleyes:), it was just a mild fever, some "intestinal malperformance", and parasthesia. In fact, as I type, I think I have it again, but since I had had it, and then got the vax, and it's weakened as it's become endemic, it's quite mild.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. This is a good explanation of the excess deaths which happened in 2020/2021. However, it does not account for today. It's yesterday's pandemic now.
The damage has been done - and COVID is again a thing now.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely not. No fvking chance can it be the Vax.. impossible. The timing is just way off.

Besides conspiracies don't even exist.. No men or groups of men have ever conspired against a people or a nation of people's.
But the question that needs to be asked is would folks who got COVID without the vax be in worse shape than with the vax.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking crappy diet first, which beExcellent mentioned above.

Also, and this is coming from probably the most pro-cannabis member of this forum, I have always been suspicious of vapes, dabs, and other consumption of solvent based extracts. They almost always have residual solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, and other unsavory chemicals in them. None of that sh1t is healthy.
This is why if I ever take THC, it is going to be pharma quality; "recreation quality" is garbage.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Associating dietary calcium intake with calcification of arteries is the same as saying dietary cholesterol causes cholesterol in the arteries. We know that is not the case.

We know the cause of atherosclerosis; long term exposure of lipoprotein particles (measured by apolipoprotein B) in the blood, which crash into the arterial wall.
What really is bad is trans-fat; Crisco has killed more people worldwide than the AK-47.

A good cholesterol profile is a low triglyceride-to-HDL ratio. In fact, it is a good idea to continue to consumer animal fat so long as a statin is taken as well.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pierce,
The question that Americans might ask is why despite spending more on their health care than comparable Nations,their longevity is almost five years shorter...Blaming obscure nutrients in food is not the answer....Canadians are broadly similar People but live far longer...Why?
OK, here goes. African-Americans went through a genetic bottle such that they are larger than their distant cousins in Africa. Larger people tend to have a higher ratio of body mass to organ mass, and so the organs don't work as well, and also, there are more cells, so more chances at developing cancer - all this relative to smaller people within the same genomic population - and yes, elephants don't get cancer because evolution has made that so. :rolleyes: Oh, and larger people can get REALLY LARGE with the modern junk food.

Also, biological energy (actually exergy :rolleyes:) is spent on melanin and strong sweating capacity, and Vitamin D is harder to produce relative to the level of insolation; this is why any population that moves from a tropical region to a boreal region inevitably loses melanin, while similarly, any population that moves in the other direction inevitable gains melanin, so as to protect from skin cancer.

Folks might try saying that the bad health stats for A-As is due to poverty, racism, etc., but I think even after those factors are factored out, there are the reasons I had mentioned. High blood-pressure is far more prevalent with A-As (which is why so many blood-pressure Rx commercials from the 70s & 80s featured them), and it's also the reason for higher rates of maternal health issues, like when that tennis player, who one would think was in great shape and had access to top-flight care, had a life-threatening pregnancy.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Folks might try saying that the bad health stats for A-As is due to poverty, racism, etc., but I think even after those factors are factored out, there are the reasons I had mentioned. High blood-pressure is far more prevalent with A-As (which is why so many blood-pressure Rx commercials from the 70s & 80s featured them), and it's also the reason for higher rates of maternal health issues, like when that tennis player, who one would think was in great shape and had access to top-flight care, had a life-threatening pregnancy.
It’s both. When adjusted for socioeconomic factors black people are still at higher risk for metabolic disorders.

That damage doesn’t go away!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy with FHC has made it well over twice the age of his first heart
Was it ever confirmed he had FH? He did smoke like a chimney and have horrific eating habits… guy said he smoked a pack each morning with a dozen doughnuts!

What really is bad is trans-fat; Crisco has killed more people worldwide than the AK-47.

A good cholesterol profile is a low triglyceride-to-HDL ratio. In fact, it is a good idea to continue to consumer animal fat so long as a statin is taken as well.
The cholesterol profile you want is the three 60s; LDL of 60, HDL of 60, Triglycerides of 60. You will not get cardiovascular disease with those numbers. It will probably take statin for most people to get LDL that low. Not even low fat vegan will do it.

Trans fat is very very bad. Refined carbs are very bad. Saturated fat is bad. All three fvck with the livers ability to clear those apo-B containing lipoproteins.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All we need is accurate and truthful data. Gender/Sex, Age Group, mRNA Yes/No, True Cause of Death, vs Year and the answer will be clear for us all to see. Luckily, there is truthful and non-biased data (not from the CDC, or worse Pfizer) about heart related deaths.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The cholesterol profile you want is the three 60s; LDL of 60, HDL of 60, Triglycerides of 60. You will not get cardiovascular disease with those numbers. It will probably take statin for most people to get LDL that low. Not even low fat vegan will do it.

Trans fat is very very bad. Refined carbs are very bad. Saturated fat is bad. All three fvck with the livers ability to clear those apo-B containing lipoproteins.
An LDL of 60 is almost impossible.

My last numbers are:

Triglycerides: 76
HDL: 40
LDL: 103

The most important number is the ratio of triglycerides to HDL, which is measured differently in the USA and Europe (LOL, like gasoline octane?). Using the USA figures (which mine are), the ideal is below 2, which I am barely at (it's usually a little lower).