Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Young adults are having heart attacks more often — What’s causing it?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An LDL of 60 is almost impossible.
A few people genetically have it that low. They will never get heart disease. The rest it requires some form of diet and/or pharmacology.

The most important number is the ratio of triglycerides to HDL, which is measured differently in the USA and Europe (LOL, like gasoline octane?). Using the USA figures (which mine are), the ideal is below 2, which I am barely at (it's usually a little lower).
HDL to triglyceride ratio is basically an insulin resistance test, which is accounted for in Apo-B (triglycerides are carried by VLDL particles which all have Apo-B). The most accurate blood marker for cardiovascular disease is Apo-B, which is not commonly tested (you’d have to request it). A good surrogate marker is the non-HDL cholesterol. If you are insulin resistant, you will have high non-HDL cholesterol, thus high Apo-B.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few people genetically have it that low. They will never get heart disease. The rest it requires some form of diet and/or pharmacology.

HDL to triglyceride ratio is basically an insulin resistance test, which is accounted for in Apo-B (triglycerides are carried by VLDL particles which all have Apo-B). The most accurate blood marker for cardiovascular disease is Apo-B, which is not commonly tested (you’d have to request it). A good surrogate marker is the non-HDL cholesterol. If you are insulin resistant, you will have high non-HDL cholesterol, thus high Apo-B.
We've talked about this before, but the Framingham heart study vigorously looked into cholesterol levels and prevalence of heart disease, etc. People with total cholesterol levels below 150 were pretty much heart attack proof. The widespread standard of having cholesterol under 200 is a strange spot because there are people in the 150-200 range who can and do have heart attacks. Granted, this is a way better place to be than say near 300 but it's not fully heart attack proof.

I had my cholesterol and blood work done late 2022, a little over a year ago, and my total was 138. My diet is very high in fiber, lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. I also eat a lot of fat free greek yogurt, walnuts and take a couple fish oil capsules. I do eat meat, I rotate between chicken, salmon and ground bison, all of which are very low in saturated fat. I do also eat eggs with the ground bison, those are also very low in saturated fat. Outside of this, I on a fairly rare occasion eat some treat type foods but it's a very small part of my diet and I don't really worry about it when I do allow myself to eat them.

I go to the gym 3 days per week and put a lot of intense work into that. In addition to this, I go hiking and also have a physically active job, though not strenuous, where I walk a lot while on the clock. I also use the sauna a couple times per week, which is supposed to be very beneficial for your blood pressure.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally give two sh!ts about the vaccine debate.. get it.. or don’t... doesn’t matter to me but I will tell you my experience with it. I got my second shot and went to donate blood a few weeks later. I was turned away because of blood pressure. 165/105.... I have a home monitor so began monitoring it for the next month or so.... slowly it began to return to normal. I was perfect for a year... got the booster.... boom again spike in blood pressure and this time I had my yearly blood work. High rbc, hemoglobin and hematocrit.... I am ocd with my health so scheduled additional blood work 6 months later.... changed nothing except got further removed from my booster and my blood was perfect again and my blood pressure.

I am of the opinion if someone was already in the unhealthy territory with certain blood markets, or blood pressure... the vax might be enough to spike you into the danger zone. I have seen more and more “healthy” looking young people drop over.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am of the opinion if someone was already in the unhealthy territory with certain blood markets, or blood pressure... the vax might be enough to spike you into the danger zone. I have seen more and more “healthy” looking young people drop over.
It’s a nice opinion. That’s all it is. Fortunately, this is an evidence based issue. We know what causes heart disease and cardiac arrests.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
@Machine10033

None of the journals I searched show any incidence of polycythemia or high blood pressure correlated with the COVID-19 vaccine.

Were you on any other meds at the time? Do you use exogenous androgens? Or have you? That is often the #1 cause of polycythemia and high BP.

Were the times when these abnormal values were detected the only times you'd had a CBC or BP taken? Or did you monitor your BP regularly before these incidents?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's crazy to me, that a bunch of otherwise rational, sane & logical men, will discuss this serious matter of sudden deaths, and will bring up all variety of possible causes..

Did they drink too many red bulls?

Maybe he wasn't getting enough fibre in his diet?

Maybe they strained too hard while taking a poop on the toilet?

But the one foreign agent that was injected into these folks bodies, absolutely could never be the cause right..

Nothing to see here sir, now move along!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll ask again- show causal evidence that covid-19 vaccines cause heart attacks.
Show me the evidence Red Bull did it?

I'm simply stating we shouldn't rule it out.. a logical person would look at ALL POSSIBILITIES and causes, and all possible causes should be open for discussion.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Show me the evidence Red Bull did it?
No one in here said that Red Bull specifically caused it. However, there have been numerous studies on the effects of energy drinks on the cardiovascular system.

I'm simply stating we shouldn't rule it out.. a logical person would look at ALL POSSIBILITIES and causes, and all possible causes should be open for discussion.
Sure. Let’s discuss. Provide some studies on the effect of the Pfizer and Moderna covid-19 vaccine on heart attacks and sudden cardiac arrests. Let’s contrast those with the covid-19 virus itself.

No innuendos. Let’s discuss actual research.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely not the Vax.
/thread

It's anecdotal but a guy I went to school with died from a heart attack 2 years ago he was 32 years old. Married with 2 kids. My friend working in the hospital was about to do CPR when he was rushed in but recognised him and someone else had to step in.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
/thread

It's anecdotal but a guy I went to school with died from a heart attack 2 years ago he was 32 years old. Married with 2 kids. My friend working in the hospital was about to do CPR when he was rushed in but recognised him and someone else had to step in.
Heart attack or cardiac arrest?

Smoker? Drugs? Obese? Family history?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heart attack or cardiac arrest?

Smoker? Drugs? Obese? Family history?
He wasn't a friend so I don't know the details, he wasn't obese though. He was a nerd/weirdo in school, you know the type, so I highly doubt he smoked or did drugs, but you never know.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He wasn't a friend so I don't know the details, he wasn't obese though. He was a nerd/weirdo in school, you know the type, so I highly doubt he smoked or did drugs, but you never know.
The details matter.

If it was a cardiac arrest (complete heart stop), it is an electrical problem of the heart. In young men those are defects from birth or freak accidents such as a severe chest impact (Damar Hamlin) or electrocution.

If it was a heart attack, there was an interruption in blood flow to the heart muscle. Either via clot or clogged arteries.

How can we speculate to a cause of the details are unknown.?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The details matter.

If it was a cardiac arrest (complete heart stop), it is an electrical problem of the heart. In young men those are defects from birth or freak accidents such as a severe chest impact (Damar Hamlin) or electrocution.

If it was a heart attack, there was an interruption in blood flow to the heart muscle. Either via clot or clogged arteries.

How can we speculate to a cause of the details are unknown.?
Maybe I can make some calls, we can dig him up and perform a biopsy for you?

A healthy 32-year-old man dying from a heart attack (my nurse friend's exact words to me), is rather odd to me personally. I said it was anecdotal, it's not my fault you wanted to be a guinea pig (I can only assume you've taken it due to your frantic abnormal responses to my simple comment). I didn't speculate on a cause, you did, I stated the facts.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This was over all the news joints today... seems the largest study into the vaccine yet shows a small increase in neurological, blood and heart issues in those that received the vaccine.

Again I am not anti vax but if there are adverse reactions people already at risk for these issues could make a more educated decision... it’s not always strictly black
And white the vaccine probably caused health issues in some people but also saved many lives as well.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This was over all the news joints today... seems the largest study into the vaccine yet shows a small increase in neurological, blood and heart issues in those that received the vaccine.

Again I am not anti vax but if there are adverse reactions people already at risk for these issues could make a more educated decision... it’s not always strictly black
And white the vaccine probably caused health issues in some people but also saved many lives as well.
Sssssh... It was the Red Bull

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A healthy 32-year-old man dying from a heart attack (my nurse friend's exact words to me), is rather odd to me personally.
I said it was anecdotal, it's not my fault you wanted to be a guinea pig (I can only assume you've taken it due to your frantic abnormal responses to my simple comment). I didn't speculate on a cause, you did, I stated the facts.
It is abnormal for the general population. Not odd if he had FH (familial hypercholesterolemia).

There is a paywall to the link. The devil is in the details.

Is the "small increase" in those who took the covid-19 vaccine and never had covid-19?
Or is the increase among those who had the covid-19 vaccine and contracted covid-19?
What is the baseline increase relative to those who never took the covid-19 vaccine and had covid-19?
What is the baseline increase relative to those who never took the covid-19 vaccine and never had covid-19?

Did they isolate each of these variables?