Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Young adults are having heart attacks more often — What’s causing it?

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really thought the article was going to say one of the top 3 causes was….loneliness, young men not being able to *connect* with women.

But it’s all “poor food, no exercise, lack of sleep.” Guess I was wrong.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possible that these sudden heart failures that are on the increase from what I can tell in the last few years, is due to the rise of the incel?

I mean is it possible, that too much jacking off daily & living a sexless life can cause stress and this then causes long temr health issues.
Hi Soulforge,
Not just a recent problem,remember Pheippides ran the first Marathon,then collapsed and died!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'd also argue that there is a much higher incidence these days of kids obsessively playing sports and training with no downtime in between like there used to be with off-seasons etc...

I wouldn't imagine that would be the healthiest thing for a developing heart. Also, a LOT more teens are taking various PEDs these days.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lebron James, Jr. almost died due to a congenital heart defect that was previously undiagnosed. Should definitely screen kids before they engage in athletics. You just never know..

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Lebron James, Jr. almost died due to a congenital heart defect that was previously undiagnosed. Should definitely screen kids before they engage in athletics. You just never know..
Yeah this is WAY more common than people think.

Actually worked with a guy who was 22 and got a call on Easter letting me know he wouldn't be coming to work the next day from his Dad...I thought he was drunk or something, but his heart literally exploded.

Doctors said nothing they could have done even if they knew about it ahead of time. Basically would have needed a transplant to avoid that possibility.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some years ago I sat on a flight next to an older gentleman. He was pouring over a book of what looked like statistical tables, which it turned out they were.

He was a renowned professor and medical doctor in cardiology at U of Illinois. The charts were from thousands of patient tests he had done on Mg++ levels. He found and had published numerous articles and studies about magnesium deficiency, and the serious cardiac adverse effects of it, including infarct. He told me that in the Midwest US the usual diet was so nutrient depleted that young people off the street who had been asked to participate in his studies revealed unexpected and alarming deficiency.

I'm sure his research is out there for the reading. He attributed the problem to mineral depleted soils and agribusiness not rotating crops or replenishing the soil as a major contributing factor.

He had made his life's work of the subject. This article echoes some of the same logic.....

Food for thought.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Some years ago I sat on a flight next to an older gentleman. He was pouring over a book of what looked like statistical tables, which it turned out they were.

He was a renowned professor and medical doctor in cardiology at U of Illinois. The charts were from thousands of patient tests he had done on Mg++ levels. He found and had published numerous articles and studies about magnesium deficiency, and the serious cardiac adverse effects of it, including infarct. He told me that in the Midwest US the usual diet was so nutrient depleted that young people off the street who had been asked to participate in his studies revealed unexpected and alarming deficiency.

I'm sure his research is out there for the reading. He attributed the problem to mineral depleted soils and agribusiness not rotating crops or replenishing the soil as a major contributing factor.

He had made his life's work of the subject. This article echoes some of the same logic.....

Food for thought.
Magnesium is huge for not only heart health but as a catalyst for over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body and up to 90% of people are deficient in it. Even if you take it orally, many are taking crap oxide forms of it which have extremely low absorption rates(under 5%).

I use magnesium oil transdermally on the underside of my forearms where the skin is thinnest, the way nature intended for you to absorb magnesium(why people who spend time in oceans usually see health conditions improve...it's high in magnesium).

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I take ZMA daily.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
In the typical American diet, we're often missing out on a bunch of crucial minerals because we tend to grab processed food instead of the nutrient-rich stuff. Here's the scoop on what you might not be getting enough of:

Calcium: This one's key for strong bones, muscle function, and nerve signaling. Skipping on dairy, leafy greens, or fortified foods might leave you short.

Potassium: It's a big deal for controlling blood pressure and keeping your heart and muscles working right. Not eating enough fruits, veggies, and beans could mean you're not hitting your potassium goals.

Magnesium: Involved in loads of body processes like making energy and DNA. You'll find it in nuts, seeds, whole grains, and, yup, leafy greens.

Iron: Essential for making hemoglobin to carry oxygen in your blood. Without enough, you'll likely feel tired and weak. Meat's a great source, but plant eaters need to get creative to get their iron fix.

Zinc: Super important for your immune system, healing wounds, and cell growth. You can find zinc in meat, shellfish, legumes, seeds, and nuts.

Iodine: Necessary for your thyroid and metabolism. Most folks get enough from iodized salt, but if you're cutting salt or using non-iodized sea salt, you might not be getting your share. I usually take potassium iodide twice a year for two weeks, this loads up the thyroid for a good while.

Getting these minerals isn't too hard. Just focus on munching a variety of whole foods like fruits, veggies, lean meats, dairy, nuts, seeds, and grains. If you're worried you're not getting enough from your grub, supplements can help.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking crappy diet first, which beExcellent mentioned above.

Also, and this is coming from probably the most pro-cannabis member of this forum, I have always been suspicious of vapes, dabs, and other consumption of solvent based extracts. They almost always have residual solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, and other unsavory chemicals in them. None of that sh1t is healthy.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
In the typical American diet, we're often missing out on a bunch of crucial minerals because we tend to grab processed food instead of the nutrient-rich stuff. Here's the scoop on what you might not be getting enough of:

Calcium: This one's key for strong bones, muscle function, and nerve signaling. Skipping on dairy, leafy greens, or fortified foods might leave you short.

Potassium: It's a big deal for controlling blood pressure and keeping your heart and muscles working right. Not eating enough fruits, veggies, and beans could mean you're not hitting your potassium goals.

Magnesium: Involved in loads of body processes like making energy and DNA. You'll find it in nuts, seeds, whole grains, and, yup, leafy greens.

Iron: Essential for making hemoglobin to carry oxygen in your blood. Without enough, you'll likely feel tired and weak. Meat's a great source, but plant eaters need to get creative to get their iron fix.

Zinc: Super important for your immune system, healing wounds, and cell growth. You can find zinc in meat, shellfish, legumes, seeds, and nuts.

Iodine: Necessary for your thyroid and metabolism. Most folks get enough from iodized salt, but if you're cutting salt or using non-iodized sea salt, you might not be getting your share. I usually take potassium iodide twice a year for two weeks, this loads up the thyroid for a good while.

Getting these minerals isn't too hard. Just focus on munching a variety of whole foods like fruits, veggies, lean meats, dairy, nuts, seeds, and grains. If you're worried you're not getting enough from your grub, supplements can help.
Calcium I disagree with. Literally everything is fortified with calcium due to the FDA's misguided attempt at battling osteoporosis back in the day. Americans likely get 6-8x the amount of calcium they actually need. In fact, it's one of the major reasons for heart issues/atherosclerosis. Even after they learned conclusively that lack of calcium was NOT causing osteoporosis and was NOT the answer for fixing it, they never mandated that this stop.

Excess calcium deposited in wrong places has also been found to be highly associated with autoimmune disorders as well...

Almost nobody is deficient in calcium these days in the West. It's almost impossible. What they ARE deficient in is Vitamin K2, which is responsible for carboxylating(aka activating) all of the calcium binding proteins in the body to transport calcium to the places it is supposed to get to.

Without proper amounts of K2, calcium basically just gets deposited wherever, meaning there is plenty of calcium in the body, it simply is not getting to where it needs to get to.

Adding more calcium doesn't help the problem, it actually makes it worse.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That’s a human list not specifically targeted to Americans. And yes, you are absolutely correct about K2.

We also see a lot of immigrants that historically have been low in several trace elements.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s a human list not specifically targeted to Americans. And yes, you are absolutely correct about K2.

We also see a lot of immigrants that historically have been low in several trace elements.
Hi Pierce,
The question that Americans might ask is why despite spending more on their health care than comparable Nations,their longevity is almost five years shorter...Blaming obscure nutrients in food is not the answer....Canadians are broadly similar People but live far longer...Why?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calcium I disagree with. Literally everything is fortified with calcium due to the FDA's misguided attempt at battling osteoporosis back in the day. Americans likely get 6-8x the amount of calcium they actually need. In fact, it's one of the major reasons for heart issues/atherosclerosis. Even after they learned conclusively that lack of calcium was NOT causing osteoporosis and was NOT the answer for fixing it, they never mandated that this stop.

Excess calcium deposited in wrong places has also been found to be highly associated with autoimmune disorders as well...

Almost nobody is deficient in calcium these days in the West. It's almost impossible. What they ARE deficient in is Vitamin K2, which is responsible for carboxylating(aka activating) all of the calcium binding proteins in the body to transport calcium to the places it is supposed to get to.

Without proper amounts of K2, calcium basically just gets deposited wherever, meaning there is plenty of calcium in the body, it simply is not getting to where it needs to get to.

Adding more calcium doesn't help the problem, it actually makes it worse.
I agree with this. I eat more cheese than a mouse, including hard cheeses and blue cheese. So I doubt K2 is an issue. What Im going to look into is the potassium iodide for a couple of weeks as @Pierce.Manhammer noted. Obviously in my 50s I'm in the process on menopause and metabolic stuff goes annoyingly haywire. I'm figuring all that out but I do not eat much iodized salt at home or out. So that tip is worth a trial run.

As with anything we all have to be our own advocates. What is best for me at 50+ is quite different from you guys in your 50s, and more different than the dudes who are younger.

Pay attention & eat whole foods that are healthy. The grapefuit tree in my backyard is full of ripe pink grapefruit right now. Best breakfast ever. And I baby that tree with coffee grounds and wood ash and compost. And I do not use or allow pesticides or chemicals in my house or yard for insect or weed control.

Those poisons find their way into our diets too much as it is. No need to compound the problem.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Show the causal evidence.
Google "excess death Rates 2020-2023"..... done.

"Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. In the last few decades, though, with advances in the prevention and management of coronary artery disease, the occurrence of heart attacks in older adults has been declining.

Alarmingly, the occurrence of heart attacks and other forms of heart disease among younger adults (ages 20 to 50) is increasing. The increase in cardiovascular problems in this group, in 2020 and 2021, was so great that it contributed to declines in life expectancy."

A silent killer, see it all the time, atrial fib, ventricular tachycardia, in 30-somethings, interestingly a lot of those are men in their 30's that are shredded.
Since the jab this isnt an US only but a worldwide problem.

NoBiscuits

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoooboy. We got some coincidence theorists here.

Let me tell you something. I never engage in disinformative, violent conspiracy theories that are extreme. It's all just video games and sedimentary lifestyles causing the problems. During 2021-2022, my own family suffered 1. a fatal heart attack, 2. a stillborn, 3. three hospitalizations, 4. and three job losses (including myself). There was no prior family history of those medical issues from all four sides of the family, and two people were fired for the first time in their lives. A lifelong family friend was barred from attending career orientated conventions. Another close family friend got fired from her nursing job she spent her 20's struggling to get. Those tragedies and difficulties were all our faults.

Disinformation campaigns like these led by far right agitators were popping up with thousands of similar medical stories all around 2021-2022, a time when nothing unrelated was happening. In fact, that's the same time I noticed my social media accounts getting shadowbanned and sometimes outright banned. I'm sure the permanent damage caused to my immediate family, close relatives, and lifelong family friends were the fault of something else completely different, probably their own poor decisions. Just some dust on the shoulder we could have easily brushed off if we didn't resort to agner and blaming others for our problems. I didn't read enough Marcus Aurelius and stopped meditating. That was the real problem.

I mean, what do I know? It's not like I had direct career experience in the field of science and medicine for the better part of a decade. It's not like I've never seen faulty lab reports getting rewarded, and gov or corporate interests funding studies to produce specific results. It's not like I had any connections to a hospital director who faked taking it so she wouldn't lose her career and tell us in private not to take it. It's not like my colleagues in the biochemistry industry were skeptical about it, and they certainly didn't eventually take it after watching their coworkers getting fired in a time of economic instability and a mortgage to pay for. It's not like I asked postdocs in foreign countries what their opinions were. I have definitely never filed FDA paperwork to gain approval for a medical procedure before, and I have never once been to a conference where professionals attempt to address the shortcomings of the FDA. I don't even know anything about the QA process of how vaccines are produced from work experience, and I certainly don't have R&D colleagues who have literally used the properties of viruses to deliver medication and have interacted with researchers with mRNA experience before for a better informed opinion.

Nope. I'm just a stupid hillbilly who watches too much Alex Jones. Thank Science I and the other hicks had the opportunity to be educated by better people and learn the facts from authority sources. It saved me from becoming someone like that.

I mean, look at how much I typed. I clearly have personality issues that need resolving, stemming from my own inadequacies and childhood trauma. I should see a therapist because being upset at such things is not what normal people ought to do. I deserved being kicked in the face repeatedly for years because I'm insecure and need a hard teaching at the end of the day. I have to let the past go and learn to live, laugh, love. Otherwise it will consume me.

Nothing happened in 2021-2022. It's all just an amalgamation of poor lifestyle choices and not enough funding for awareness problems. I and others who suffered hardship during that time were able to quickly absorb the damage a-okay after a decade of gig economy, degree inflation, and out of control housing costs. We just took the hit and moved straight on to gas shortages, inflation, another recession, and the possibility of world war directly effecting us without missing a beat and zero need for any sort of recovery.

I look back on that time and realize that much of the suffering was completely my fault and could have been avoided if I just stuck to my gym routine.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not true regarding Iron and vegetarians. Legumes, seeds, whole grains, and green leafy vegetables are all good sources of iron.

Calcium I disagree with. Literally everything is fortified with calcium due to the FDA's misguided attempt at battling osteoporosis back in the day. Americans likely get 6-8x the amount of calcium they actually need. In fact, it's one of the major reasons for heart issues/atherosclerosis.
Calcium is not the cause of atherosclerosis. One can be completely calcium deficient yet still developing atherosclerosis.

Google "excess death Rates 2020-2023"..... done.
Causal evidence means prove cause and effect link. Such as RCTs.

Hi Pierce,
The question that Americans might ask is why despite spending more on their health care than comparable Nations,their longevity is almost five years shorter...Blaming obscure nutrients in food is not the answer....Canadians are broadly similar People but live far longer...Why?
More accessible health care (for the general pop) and lower average BMI.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is not true regarding Iron and vegetarians. Legumes, seeds, whole grains, and green leafy vegetables are all good sources of iron.

Calcium is not the cause of atherosclerosis. One can be completely calcium deficient yet still developing atherosclerosis.

Causal evidence means prove cause and effect link. Such as RCTs.

More accessible health care (for the general pop) and lower average BMI.

I don't know what type of places you get your info from but you might want to check your sources. There is a reason why it's also known as "hardening of the arteries". Because it's becoming calcified.

Have never seen someone who so doggedly holds onto misinformed opinions and refutes any other possible new knowledge that comes out like you do. It's absurd. And I grew up around scientists who were extremely opinionated!

No wonder why you still believe the ridiculous saturated fat study from 60 years ago.

"In the beginning, atherosclerosis was considered to be the result of passive lipid accumulation in the vascular walls. After tremendous technological advancements in research, we are now able to almost admire the complexity of the atherosclerotic process. Atherosclerosis is a chronicinflammatory condition that begins with the formation of calcified plaque, influenced by a number of different factors inside the vascular wall in large and mid-sized arteries.

Calcium mineralization of the lumen in the atherosclerotic artery promotes and solidifies plaque formation causing narrowing of the vessel.

Soft tissue calcification associated with tissue denegation or necrosis is a passive precipitation event. The process of atherogenesis is mainly driven by CD4+ T cells, CD40L, macrophages, foam cells with elevated transcription of many matrix metalloproteinases, osteoblasts, cytokines, selectins, myeloperoxidases, vascular adhesion molecules (VCAM), and smooth muscle cells. Our knowledge in the genesis of atherosclerosis has changed dramatically in the last few years."

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what type of places you get your info from but you might want to check your sources. There is a reasoning why it's also known as "hardening of the arteries". Because it's becoming calcified.
Associating dietary calcium intake with calcification of arteries is the same as saying dietary cholesterol causes cholesterol in the arteries. We know that is not the case.

We know the cause of atherosclerosis; long term exposure of lipoprotein particles (measured by apolipoprotein B) in the blood, which crash into the arterial wall.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Associating dietary calcium intake with calcification of arteries is the same as saying dietary cholesterol causes cholesterol in the arteries. We know that is not the case.

We know the cause of atherosclerosis; long term exposure of lipoprotein particles (measured by apolipoprotein B) in the blood, which crash into the arterial wall.
Read the study above. That refutes this as old and not the currently known cause.

And the cause is absolutely in part due to over consumption of calcium, but moreso in lacking K2 to transport the calcium where it needs to go so it doesn't end up in arteries in the first place.

You are the equivalent of writing a research paper based on things from the Britannica Encyclopedias of the 1970s and ignoring any new evidence since then that's basically taken it's place and changed what they now understand to be true.

Last edited: