Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Tech Leaders Fled San Francisco During the Pandemic. Now, They’re Coming Back.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
California always ranks at the top for in-migration of high net worth individuals, despite the astronomically high prices and taxes. People vote with their feet. If it’s so bad, why do so many people with money move there?
California is actually starting to drop for the first time which makes sense. If high net worth is moving in, it drives up the COL, which drives out middle and lower income individuals. Given there are more middle and low earners than high earners.

And the truth is we could lose 10 million people and not even notice, so overcrowded. Tell you what: driving here was sooo pleasant during the lockdowns…

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The population has dropped for the 3rd year in a row.

Maybe smart people realize you don't live in places with no water finally?
I was specifically talking about the high net worth population and much of that was covid-19. NYC had the same thing. Huge drop during pandemic and people are coming back. Most of the out-migration from NYC is just neighboring states and the 6th borough (South Florida).

Also, these areas are known for creating millionaires. People move here to make money. Then they take it and retire somewhere cheaper.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you value. I'd rather be able to take out a 15 year mortgage and own the house free and clear after that instead of taking out a 40 year interest only loan that are 3K or more a month.

A house that would be worth well over $1.5 million there that is $250K here that I bought for $110K several years ago.

And then you have to worry about your house ending up at the bottom of a cliff during the middle of the night of there is a mudslide or earthquake or whatevee else they have there.

I'd also rather not sit in traffic for hours if I need to go somewhere during rush hours.

And last time I checked a place running out of water isn't too great to live in.

Cool place to visit, not a place I would ever move to.
Spend more time there

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
California always ranks at the top for in-migration of high net worth individuals, despite the astronomically high prices and taxes. People vote with their feet. If it’s so bad, why do so many people with money move there?
Because it’s the best place to live in the United States

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s funny how this thread has become a referendum on how bad California is. When the fact remains that California and the Silicon Valley has resurrected itself and laid another golden egg.

With money and cool stuff always come cute young girls. I’m sure someone will argue that point too.

For the record I do not like it here and have obligations that keep me here for the short term.
My clients sexy California girlfriend called me at 4:45am pacific last week. I confirmed it was not a fat finger.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When the fact remains that California and the Silicon Valley has resurrected itself and laid another golden egg.

With money and cool stuff always come cute young girls. I’m sure someone will argue that point too.
Agreed that Silicon Valley is doing well, with Nvdia being the latest reason. Did I miss its death and resurrection?

Speaking of which, Silicon Valley lacks cute young girls, despite very high salaries (and rents).

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The state with the highest water usage has no water?

I wonder how much of the food you eat is grown in California.
If they had so much water their reservoirs wouldn't have been near empty and they wouldn't have been restricting water.

They got a reprieve for a few years with massive winter storms that dumped lots of rain/snow the last two years but that's unlikely to continue.

And even worse, they were completely unprepared to capture much of the water so instead of being set up for decades they let their chance slip thru their fingers.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Spend more time there
No thanks. I prefer not paying 3-5x what things cost elsewhere.

Your assumption of "I think it's awesome so everyone else should too" is flawed because many people don't value the same things you do, which doesn't seem to be your bank account.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No thanks. I prefer not paying 3-5x what things cost elsewhere.your assumption of "I think it's awesome so everyone else should too" is flawed because many people don't value the same things you do.
That’s your preference. Cool. Just saying, people say California is terrible yet rich people continue to move there. It’s the preferred choice of many when money isn’t a factor. That is evidence.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No thanks. I prefer not paying 3-5x what things cost elsewhere.your assumption of "I think it's awesome so everyone else should too" is flawed because many people don't value the same things you do.
Perfect weather, excellent outdoor activities, I mean you name it. California if on its own would be the world’s third largest economy. There’s something for everyone. Your opinion is politically driven, not quality driven.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Perfect weather, excellent outdoor activities, I mean you name it. California if on its own would be the world’s third largest economy. There’s something for everyone. Your opinion is politically driven, not quality driven.
Plenty of places have that and 4 seasons as well. Not everyone wants perpetual summer.

Wasn't aware that lack of water, mudslides, earthquakes, forest fires or any number of other natural disasters that occur there has anything to do with politics but thanks for your input.

I'm sure lots of people shared your view until their house went up in flames with everything in it, or got a free rollercoaster ride to the bottom of the canyon in their beds during the night from a mudslide.

Probably not so much afterwards.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of places have that and 4 seasons as well. Not everyone wants perpetual summer.

Wasn't aware that lack of water, mudslides, earthquakes, forest fires or any number of other natural disasters that occur there has anything to do with politics but thanks for your input.

I'm sure lots of people shared your view until their house went up in flames with everything in it, or got a free rollercoaster ride to the bottom of the canyon in their beds during the night from a mudslide.

Probably not so much afterwards.
Try again. California is the most geographically diverse state in the country.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That’s your preference. Cool. Just saying, people say California is terrible yet rich people continue to move there. It’s the preferred choice of many when money isn’t a factor. That is evidence.
Oh...so I guess those people in San Diego have snow at Christmas every year?

JoyDivision1990

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh...so I guess those people in San Diego have snow at Christmas every year?

I recall one weekend water skiing on the bay, the following weekend snow skiing in the mountains!

Yes we have earthquakes that have destroyed but we don't experience devastation from tornados and hurricanes like other states do..

There is no water shortage currently, we've had more rain just this year than in prior entire years!

FYI.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

I recall one weekend water skiing on the bay, the following weekend snow skiing in the mountains!
That's great but that isn't at your house.

You shouldn't have to "go somewhere" to experience a season.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Also the state with the most homeless people sleeping on sidewalks that you have to walk over downtown too

JoyDivision1990

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's great but that isn't at your house.
My late dad lost his home. He rebuilt quickly a home even more beautiful than the one he lost.

I edited my post. Devastation from various types of catastrophic weather conditions happens in every state.

Remember Hurricane Katrina?

Why are you picking on California? I don't get it, it's a beautiful state.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My late dad lost his home. He rebuilt quickly a home even more beautiful than the one he lost.

I edited my post. Devastation from various types of catastrophic weather conditions happens in every state.

Remember Hurricane Katrina?
Yes, but it happens less frequently in some places and more frequently in others.

Let's not pretend every place has the same proclivity to natural disasters.

A lot of big insurers won't even insure in Florida anymore and California is probably next with their wildfires.