Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Tech Leaders Fled San Francisco During the Pandemic. Now, They’re Coming Back.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Well, SS's favorite punching bag US city did yet another Jedi Mind Trick. I'll tell you I roundly dislike this place, but I'll be a mfer if the damned Bay Area cannot survive and prosper.

"During the pandemic, scores of Silicon Valley investors and executives such as Rabois decamped to sunnier American cities, criticizing San Francisco’s government as dysfunctional and the city’s relatively high cost of living. Tech-firm founders touted their success at raising money outside the Bay Area and encouraged their employees to embrace remote work.

Four years later, that bet hasn’t really worked out. San Francisco is once again experiencing a tech revival. Entrepreneurs and investors are flocking back to the city, which is undergoing a boom in artificial intelligence. Silicon Valley leaders are getting involved in local politics, flooding city ballot measures and campaigns with tech money to make the city safer for families and businesses. Investors are also pushing startups to return to the Bay Area and bring their employees back into the office."

Brothers, expect a large percentage of your college grad hotties to decamp to SF, don’t worry the poor, average SF guys will be glad to handle them for ya…

Me and Hamura will benefit from hoedeflation…:rofl:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you get rid of all the homeless in the middle of the night, anyplace will become more attractive lmao.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
More tech people having to live in their cars because they can't afford houses.

Couldn't pay me enough to move to one of those super expensive cities. In most cases the increase in income doesn't come close to allow you to maintain the same lifestyle.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because the alternative is Austin Texas … easy choice

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brothers, expect a large percentage of your college grad hotties to decamp to SF, don’t worry the poor, average SF guys will be glad to handle them for ya…
The article mentions entrepreneurs and investors returning to SF. Would college grad hotties be moving to SF because they read this same article? That looks like a weak link, so I figured maybe I'm missing something.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear the same constant griping about NYC. Except throughout the area there is constant development on every ****ing corner and skyrocketing RE prices.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warm, sunny and far cheaper versus constant morning fog, cloudy, rainy and high temps in the summer around 70?

Not much of a choice to me, I agree.
California is the best place to live in the entire country.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Depends on what you value. I'd rather be able to take out a 15 year mortgage and own the house free and clear after that instead of taking out a 40 year interest only loan that are 3K or more a month.

A house that would be worth well over $1.5 million there that is $250K here that I bought for $110K several years ago.

And then you have to worry about your house ending up at the bottom of a cliff during the middle of the night of there is a mudslide or earthquake or whatevee else they have there.

I'd also rather not sit in traffic for hours if I need to go somewhere during rush hours.

And last time I checked a place running out of water isn't too great to live in.

Cool place to visit, not a place I would ever move to.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It’s funny how this thread has become a referendum on how bad California is. When the fact remains that California and the Silicon Valley has resurrected itself and laid another golden egg.

With money and cool stuff always come cute young girls. I’m sure someone will argue that point too.

For the record I do not like it here and have obligations that keep me here for the short term.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
California's income tax has a personal exemption of zero. If you make $1 in a year, the state expects you to file an income tax return.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
California's income tax has a personal exemption of zero. If you make $1 in a year, the state expects you to file an income tax return.
And bananas are yellow, why is your post relevant to the thread?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And bananas are yellow, why is your post relevant to the thread?
Is it too political to say that blue states tax poor people more? Shall I call them the "cyan states?" Please guide me, oh micromanaging mod. I don't know how I was ever to use this web site before you came to power.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Is it too political to say that blue states tax poor people more? Shall I call them the "cyan states?" Please guide me, oh micromanaging mod. I don't know how I was ever to use this web site before you came to power.
My question stands.

P.s. When you break the forum rules it’s a mods job to deal with it, in my case, mostly without reprecussions. Making political postings is explicitly prohibited, something you seem not to comprehend.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you value. I'd rather be able to take out a 15 year mortgage and own the house free and clear after that instead of taking out a 40 year interest only loan that are 3K or more a month.
California always ranks at the top for in-migration of high net worth individuals, despite the astronomically high prices and taxes. People vote with their feet. If it’s so bad, why do so many people with money move there?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
California always ranks at the top for in-migration of high net worth individuals, despite the astronomically high prices and taxes. People vote with their feet. If it’s so bad, why do so many people with money move there?
The population has dropped for the 3rd year in a row.

Maybe smart people realize you don't live in places with no water finally?