Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

America's new 'thing' is on display.....

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
Well Im glad you can pull stuff out of your ass, my information comes from Pew And Gallup polls.
Cant find the specific one that had rapists, athiests and muslims listed together, but this lists atheists and muslims as the two most hate religious groups-
http://www.pewforum.org/2014/07/16/how-americans-feel-about-religious-groups/

This one lists the same two groups as being the least electable for political office in the USA, far below gays and half as electable as blacks.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155285/atheists-muslims-bias-presidential-candidates.aspx

This study specifically found atheists as hated as rapists-
http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...gious-people-do-not-believe-in-atheists-study

And to whoever rebuked my comment about 70% of the country being christians (im on android so I cant multitask that much). I never said 70 percent of CONGRESS was, just the american people, but since you made me check
Pew lists 78% of americans as identifying christian, while ABC lists 83%- http://religions.pewforum.org/reports
And once again according to pew +80% of congress claims to be Christian-
http://www.pewforum.org/2012/11/16/...-religious-composition-of-the-113th-congress/

Who else wants to look like an idiot?
So you you read a poll of how Americans ranked common religions, and then proclaim that the lowest ranked is "the most hated group in America". Then you list another article were an atheist "researcher" found religious people have the least trust in Atheist, then proclaim them to be "the most hated group in America" etc etc.

Do you realize how ridiculous you seem? It's you that seems to have a hatred for anything white, Christian, conservative or traditional.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
So you you read a poll of how Americans ranked common religions, and then proclaim that the lowest ranked is "the most hated group in America". Then you list another article were an atheist "researcher" found religious people have the least trust in Atheist, then proclaim them to be "the most hated group in America" etc etc.

Do you realize how ridiculous you seem? It's you that seems to have a hatred for anything white, Christian, conservative or traditional.
Well I do dislike hard right conservatives and far left liberals. I dont know where you determined I have a dislike for whites, perhaps just wishful thinking on your part. I also have a dislike for "bigoted" christians, which would be a percentage of christians not the group as a whole; the either ignorant, misinformed or naturally prejudice who use their religion as a justification for hate. You can include muslims and jews into this catagory too, but since the are not the preponderant majority it isnt worthwhile to talk about them in USA politics.

Like I said I couldnt find the exact study I was looking for, but I thought these would suffice. I freely use hate(because it was the terminology of the study I originally quoted but couldnt locate) in place of disliked, which I think is fair, but I suppose religiously persecuted would be a more accurate term.

You said 1% was only agnostic/atheist, and suggested the rest were Christian. But ok, let me reiterate my argument that you missed
I stated "Only 1 in 535 is athiest/agnostic", absolutely nowhere in that sentence did I reference or suggest christians. It was your own poor linguistic skills that led your to that conclusion.

Context cupcapke. All these do is rank religious groups as compared to others. It doesn't prove $hit about who is persecuted.

I don't recall seeing people being forced to pray in school. But I see the State bashing down on students who even choose to individually pray.

I don't recall seeing atheists being banned from speaking. But I see a lot of forces arrayed against Christians who speak their mind and lose their jobs because of it.

I don't recall seeing atheists being forced to fund Christian schooling, but I see Christians forced to provide money which are opposite their beliefs.

I am agnostics, but it doesn't stop me from seeing the trends and persecution. Go out and do some more homework, or better yet, find some examples to prove me wrong.
Never in the history of this country has anyone been barred from praying, noone could ever stop you except by death or lobotomy. You are free to pray within your head whenever you'd like. What is not okay is forcing students to pray, or subjecting other students to hear your prayers disrupting their learning environment. If a kid started spouting off the Koran in class everyday you wouldnt enjoy it either. If you were forced to say "One nation under Allah", you too would be offended. If your money said "In Buddha we trust", you too would say you dont trust in Buddha.

If you work for someone else, and you are on their payroll, you could definitely lose your job for preaching your own beliefs. Freedom of speech doesnt guarantee someone has to pay when you do it.

Its unfourtunate christians are forced to pay for things that dont fit their beliefs, but society shouldnt be reduced to barbarism becuase of religious beliefs. Do you think Amish people are forced to pay for things that dont support their beliefs? What about Mormons who dont believe in some types of medicine? I can claim any wild belief that goes against sanity, but that shohldnt limit the entire country.
Schools teach facts, are the best theories, not nonsense. You may ignorantly assume that atheists or "people who believe in science" are forcing their beliefs on you. But then you are putting the carriage before the horse. We believe in what is known and taught, , we dont teach and know what we believe. Religious folks are the reverse, they teach what they believe. Religion follows Plato's methodology and science follows Aristotle's methodology. Religion starts with a conclusion and then seeks to find proof for the theory, science takes observations and seeks to find a cause. They are the reverse. Only one is objective.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am a member of the Republican Party and am Agnostic.

I respect each and every person's religious beliefs from Christian to Muslim to Atheist to Hindu to whatever they so choose. People should be allowed to worship and prey however the he\_\_ they want so long as they don't get in my way and bust my nuts over my beliefs.

I go to a Christian Church but I will never be a full fledged Christian. But I enjoy the teaching of the bible and how it applies to everyday life. I also enjoy learning about other/different religions and trying to make sense of them.

The part about religion I STILL can't get past is how much trouble it causes in the world.

Wars, fights, killings, etc. I can't wrap my logical brain around the facts that, if there is a God and he is so good, how and why the fvck does he put up with all of this from humans? Why must this cr@p happen?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
bigot bigot Christian bigot derrp

I see the anti-white troll is still parroting cultmarx buzz words.
Special EDy said:
You may ignorantly assume that atheists
You are FAR from being an atheist my young cathedralyte disciple.

Special EDy said:
Its unfourtunate christians are forced to pay for things that dont fit their beliefs, but....
Coz tolerance !

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
I see the anti-white troll is still parroting cultmarx buzz words.

You are FAR from being an atheist my young cathedralyte disciple.

Coz tolerance !
I would be foolish to be an atheist when clearly I am talking to god.

He reads a few paragraphs written by me and already knows more about me than I have learned in 24 years.

Morals can exist without religion, caring about others doesnt make you religious. In fact I would posit that higher moral standards are necessary in the absence of religion. Simple minds need eternal punishment and reward to justify good behavior, atheists require a deeper seated justification for morality.
The first step in morality would be to care about yourself, the next step is to care about your family. Next you begin to worry about your social group, after that you become concerned with the welfare of your society as a whole. Im at the point of seeing past borders, I see humanity as a single entity, and all life on the planet as being included in my moral circle. I used to thjnk as you thought, to say the same exact things, then I started seeing things with a broader perspective. Ive just evolved past you morally and ntellectually, thats all.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
I call shenanigans

Special EDy said:
I used to thjnk as you thought, to say the same exact things
No you didn't.

I've literally read hundreds of men sheepishly admit they were once a hiveminded libtard (myself included) who would parrot back a lifetime of cultural Marxist indoctrination with religious fervour. Yet I've never once heard of a right thinker converting to Western groupthink libtardery. It just doesn't happen.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
No you didn't.

I've literally read hundreds of men sheepishly admit they were once a hiveminded libtard (myself included) who would parrot back a lifetime of cultural Marxist indoctrination with religious fervour. Yet I've never once heard of a right thinker converting to Western groupthink libtardery. It just doesn't happen.
My political compass is x=-.65 y=-6.5. It used to be x=5.1 and y=-3 my first semester in college. I think it was slightly above the x axis and half way right when I was a senior in highschool.
Grew up with conservative parents, moved out in high school, became more conservative through my rebellious post highschool years, and finally have shifted economically neutral and socially libertarian since Ive begun my college education.
Never have I been a marxist, thats the COMPLETE opposite of where I rank according to political compass. But alas, you in your infinite wisdom know everything so I am wasting my breath. We all stand to be judged by ( . )( . ), from his pedestal high above us plebeians.

Christians aren't asking anyone to be forced to pray, but certainly if Christians must tolerate gays without being able to speak their beliefs, then gays and everyone can tolerate hearing someone make a prayer. Isn't that what tolerance is all about?

But no, of course tolerance only goes in one direction. Isn't that right Mister "I voted Republican"? Not only are you a liar, but you are clearly intolerant and hold double-standards as well. Tolerance for me and not for thee is the true motto of those who follow your ideology.
Christians are constantly forcing their religion upon others. We spend 1/3 of our foreign aid on Israel, why? Because christians think that jews are gods people and "he who supports israel will be blessed" or some silly sentiment like that. "In god we trust" on my money, well I dont trust in god anymore than I trust in the tooth fairy. "One nation under god", under whose god? Not my god, your god. Why not Allah, Buddha, Zeus, Shiva, Thor or any number of the thousands of gods men has invented. Because Christians wield the scepter of power in this country.

You hold the double standard. If someone was fired for being gay, that would be every bit as illegal as being fired for being christian. Do you see anyone stopping Westboro Baptist Church? They are allowed to freely speak their beliefs about homosexuals. Noone is trying to take away your freedom of speech. Please, elaborate on how your rights are being infringed, instead of just making umbrella statments and degrading yourself to attempting to attack me personally.
And the idea that christians are not tolerated is absurd. All those polls I posted on this page prove that Jews and Christians are the least persecuted groups, and that gays, muslims and athiests are distrusted or unfavored by a large percentage of the population. Thats is prejudice. If you want a Christian nation then please, feel free to go start one somewhere else. This is not a christian nation, we will not be forced to have your 10 commandments in the classroom (Texas Leg tried to pass that last session), we will not be forced to define our laws on marriage by your religious texts, we will not be forced to teach your religious beliefs in our secular classrooms, we will not be forced to let your religious beliefs affect our laws on abortion. We will tolerate you and your beliefs, we will not tolerate your beliefs dictating how we should live our lives.

Haha Im a member of the White History Month page on FB just to prove how off base yall are. I used to support the Tea Party before it became so convoluted. I'm a Men's Rights advocate. I voted for Romney in the 2007 Primary, because he was more conservative than McCain. Then I voted republican in that presidential because I favored Palin over the other runners (after hearing some of her more recent rants Ive changed my opinion). Voted for Herman Cain because I thought "heres a no bull**** guy" when I heard the 999 tax plan. I wished Trump would of run. Used to drive my 64 chevy pickup around with an american flag in the bedpost, some antiObama stickers on the back along with a 2nd ammendment and "my carbon footprint is bigger than your's" bumpersticker.

You can try to tell me who I am, but even if you were right today you would be wrong tomorrow. Ive switched stances on at least half of political issues. Why? Because everyday I learn something new and everyday I grow smarter. Thats why Im an atheist. Naturally skeptical, I assume that I will always learn something new which will entirely reshape the way I perceive the world. To be traditional, to be unwaivering, is to fight the current and remain stagnent, never growing. I look forward to the broader paradigm I will have in the life ahead of me.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
If you want a Christian nation then please, feel free to go start one somewhere else.
Am I the only one who sees the irony in this? Only a lilly white sh*t-for-brains, right-out-of-college know it all could really think like this. Guess those liberal textbooks clouds his memory of history.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
This is not a christian nation
:crackup:

Wait...Did you mean now, five decades ago or ever?

Special EDy said:
If you want a Christian nation then please, feel free to go start one somewhere else.
A second time? I got a feeling you parasites are going to get your wish if things keep going the way they are. Yet this time you won't get to tag along.

Special EDy said:
we will not be forced to have your 10 commandments in the classroom
And history books apparently.

speed dawg said:
Am I the only one who sees the irony in this? Only a lilly white sh*t-for-brains, right-out-of-college know it all could really think like this. Guess those liberal textbooks clouds his memory of history.
This dude is not white. I'd put money on it.

I can spot an SWPL a mile off, and there's too many inconsistencies with this one.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Guess the joke's on you. Last time I checked we dont live in Iran.

Please, remind me why settlers moved from Protestant England again? Oh thats right, to escape religious persecution (well, a lot of them anyways). And how many times is god written in the Contitution? Freedom of religion is however, as well as the seperation of church and state.
Go read a book.

It wasnt until recently that "Christians" even affiliated together. They used to be warring factions until the 20th century. Nonbelievers are actually close to being the largest religious sect in the USA(well if you group agnostics and athiests and break up the christian religions).
Even if the founding fathers wanted it to be a "christian" nation, the premise was to prevent any particular sect from dictating the power. Catholics, baptists, protestants, lutherans, evangelicals, mormons, and everything else, are NOT the same, and do not share the same beliefs.

I have yet to be refuted, I post facts which may be referenced; the best anyone else on this page has done is present weak personal attacks, poorly worded opinions, or broad statements. Please, up your game.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
Guess the joke's on you. Last time I checked we dont live in Iran.
Nah, I'll be the one still alive while you and all the other libs get massacred by the 3rd world animals you wish to save.

Special EDy said:
Please, remind me why settlers moved from Protestant England again? Oh thats right, to escape religious persecution (well, a lot of them anyways). And how many times is god written in the Contitution? Freedom of religion is however, as well as the seperation of church and state.
Go read a book.
That's cute. Again, you idealists really eat up those hero movies about freedom don't you?

Special EDy said:
It wasnt until recently that "Christians" even affiliated together. They used to be warring factions until the 20th century. Nonbelievers are actually close to being the largest religious sect in the USA(well if you group agnostics and athiests and break up the christian religions).
Wait, didn't you post this:
Special EDy said:
but since you made me check
Pew lists 78% of americans as identifying christian, while ABC lists 83%- http://religions.pewforum.org/reports
You can go to bed now, son.

Special EDy said:
Even if the founding fathers wanted it to be a "christian" nation, the premise was to prevent any particular sect from dictating the power. Catholics, baptists, protestants, lutherans, evangelicals, mormons, and everything else, are NOT the same, and do not share the same beliefs.
No sh*t, because history tells you what happens when logical thinking right minded males are not in power. They set up about the best type of democracy you could ever have on this green earth. However, they could never have imagined in that day what the country has spiraled into in present day. Oh sorry, that's the truth, and therefore not politically correct. Want to let a bunch of foreigners govern? Go look at Rhodesia.

Say good night.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Wait, didn't you post this:
Special EDy said:
but since you made me check
Yup and if you actually read it, Christians number 78.4%, other religions 4.7%, and "unaffiliated" at 16.1%
This places "unaffiliated" at 3rd, behind Evangelicals 26.3% and Catholics at 23.9% Also note that Agnostic/Atheist is the fastest growing sect. 25% of people ages 18-29 are unaffiliated.
Precisely as I stated.

So thank you for proving me right, my hat is off to you good sir.

speed dawg said:
No sh*t, because history tells you what happens when logical thinking right minded males are not in power. They set up about the best type of democracy you could ever have on this green earth. However, they could never have imagined in that day what the country has spiraled into in present day. Oh sorry, that's the truth, and therefore not politically correct. Want to let a bunch of foreigners govern? Go look at Rhodesia.
When did we start talking about foreigners governing? Didn't you know the president has to be a naturalized US citizen?
And didn't you know that the left side of the brain controls logic, if I wanted to be as picky a reader as you clearly are I would say that a "logical thinking right minded" individual was a scientific anomaly.
Finally, to argue that the US is "the best type of democracy you could ever have on this green earth" is an incredibly short sighted and biased opinion. Its like rooting for your high school football team, because they are obviously the best in the world since you attend that particular school. I'd actually like to tie this sentiment to religion too. A logical argument for atheism would be that if you were born in the middle east, you would be praising Allah at this moment. If you were born in ancient Greece, it would of been Zeus you prayed to. If you had born into any but a select few recent societies, you would undoubtedly NOT be a christian. Back to government, if born in NKorea, well its the finest place on earth then isn't it. China, Iran, Russia, almost any country you go to its citizens are going to say they have the "best type of "insert gov here" you could ever have on this green earth".

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
Im at the point of seeing past borders, I see humanity as a single entity, and all life on the planet as being included in my moral circle. I used to thjnk as you thought, to say the same exact things, then I started seeing things with a broader perspective. Ive just evolved past you morally and ntellectually, thats all.
I notice this seems to be common with a lot of atheists. They seem to think they are vastly superior to everyone else. "I'm so smart" I figured out there is no God, and I'm above all these other idiots of faith who were fooled. That sort of thing. Here we have a 24 year old who has everything figured out, apparently.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
atheists... seem to think they are vastly superior to everyone else.

And yet they're all so angry at the same time. Did you ever meet a happy, well-adjusted Atheist? Someone pleasant to talk to, who wasn't always griping about religion? They are like The Church of the Pissed Off.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Special Ed,

Before I reply. I just want to point out that one of the key tenets to understanding women is to judge by actions and not by their words. This same logic can apply everywhere in life.

This is why the poll you post is meaningless. Because the actions by the State and their sponsors are what matters. Not the way people vote in a poll.
Its very informative. Religiously "Unaffiliated" represent 20 percent of the population, and only 0.2% of seats in congress. That means we have only one HUNDREDTH the representation in congress. It is because we are essentially unelectable, because the country is so biased and prejudiced against us. We are discriminated against.
If politicians are lying about their faith in order to get elected, as it sounds like you are suggesting, then this supports my belief that this country is biased on the subject of religion.

Danger said:
Wait a minute.

I know you are only 24, but do some research. Tons of aid still flows to Israel under 6 years of Obama and 8 years under Bush.

Claiming it is because of Christians is ridiculous. It is because of a huge over-representation of Jewish interests in the US who overwhelmingly support Israel. A latest example is Chuck Schumer pushing to keep Israel a "Jewish State" while doing everything he can to overwhelm the US with illegal immigrants. There's that whole "tolerance for thee but not for me" schtick again.
Once again, refer back to the links I posted earlier. Jews only make up 11% of the Senate and 5% of the House, which while I agree that is a gross over representation, it is not the kind of numbers needed to coerce the government to send 1/3 of our aid to Israel. It's because of Christians, who somehow support their Jewish brethren, yet despise their Muslim relatives.

Danger said:
And of course, you still have yet to show the state sponsored attacks on gays whereas I have already show the state sponsored attacks on Christians for their viewpoints.

Show me where networks are firing anyone for coming out in support for gays?

Show me where gays are forced to fund research into "fixing them" whereas Christians are forced to fund abortions?

You made a claim that Christians were not under attack and I provide you evidence. Now counter it instead of expanding the argument.
What evidence, where are there any "state sponsored attacks on Christians"?
I looked but could not find any of your "evidence", just your proclamations.

There are a couple different points I'd like to make on this idea, since it is the number one card Christians try to play.
No one is curbing your right to free speech, the country and media is literally littered with instances of people speaking out against homosexuality. Cable news, Facebook, the interwebs, churches, people protesting, everywhere. You are however, not guaranteed the right to remain employed while practicing your free speech, your employer has the right to terminate you for your public expression of politics and religion. You cant go to work shouting obscenities, and if you work for HBO or whatever network carries Duck Dynasty, THEY have the right to terminate you when you threaten their business with your free speech. Your right to religion and personal beliefs is much more protected however. You cannot be fired for being a christian, black, gay or whatever. Open your mouth and you're SOL. It's basically a don't ask don't tell sort of thing.
Which speaking of Don't Ask Don't Tell, this is an instance of discrimination against gays. Only recently repealed.
Moving on, really? "Fixing Gays" being compared to funding abortion? I'm morally against abortion but being a libertarian I don't think the government has any right to restrict it. Once again science absolutely trumps the beliefs of any particular religion, one group is not allowed to dictate their beliefs on everyone else. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one. If you don't like food stamps, don't collect on them. If Muslims suddenly gained majority power in American government and forced everyone to follow their barbaric beliefs, would you be okay with that? Just because you are against it doesn't mean you can curb other's rights. A totally ridiculous argument on your behalf.

Danger said:
Sure, and blacks are seen as dangerous thugs more than whites. Yet systemic racism is far stronger against whites. How? Grants, affirmative actions, media bias, etc,....

You can quote all of the polls you like, but "systemic attacks" means that the corporate and government systems themselves are attacking the groups in question.

So again, with my questions above.....we celebrate gay football players but if a man ponders why men would want to have a d1ck in their @ss, he gets fired from his program.

This is state sponsored censorship and an attack on a belief-set, plain and simple. You preach of tolerance, yet you have none whatsoever.
Two points here, but first I do disagree with affirmative action. Equality is equality, the less government the better.

You claim intolerance against your belief, the favorite victim card. From my perspective, you are claiming intolerance of your intolerance, a quite circular argument. So does that mean you are intolerant of my intolerance for your intolerance? Or am I intolerant of your intolerance of my intolerance for your intolerance? Where does the circle end? You don't like gays, great. But I'm a bad guy for disliking your dislike for gays?
A person has a right to live free of discrimination. A person has a right to hold their own beliefs. A person does not have the right to have their vocalized beliefs free from discrimination. If a person started talking about whether or not they "would want to have a d1ck in their @ss" as you so eloquently put it, they would be subject to losing their job regardless of if they were gay or straight. Keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself and no one will ever hassle you. You could even wear a cross or say "Hey I'm a Christian", and keep your job. But you start voicing your opinions and you are subject to the wraith of others listening.

Danger said:
And as far as insults......

Special EDy said:
Who else wants to look like an idiot?
You started them with this guy.....and then moved on to this.....

Special EDy said:
It was your own poor linguistic skills that led your to that conclusion.
So quit whining and crying like a little b1tch when I return the same by calling you a liar. But I am not surprised, you support the party of double-standards so of course you want to call me names and then accuse me of starting it.

There's that whole tolerance hypocrite stance of yours again.
Half the posts since the beginning of page 3 contain personal attacks or speculations levied at Special EDy, And roughly one third contain absolutely no information other than opinions about my possible race, political stance or just name calling. When people run out of intelligent things to say and feel they are losing the upper hand in the argument, they retrograde to personal attacks. No longer able to directly combat the facts presented to them, they resort to attacking the persons credibility to try to marginalize the arguments.

Danger said:
But, I digress. I hope in your reply that you will finally show me how the state sponsors attacks on other groups in support of Christians, because I only see it going in one direction at the moment.
We have one Christian fired for supporting his beliefs: Duck Dynasty.
We have zero gays fired for supporting those beliefs: Can you provide one?
There is nothing wrong with firing someone who speaks out, so Duck Dynasty doesnt count. Find me examples of people being fired based on discrimination not spreading propaganda.

Here is some "proof of discrimination of gays in the workplace, I wish I could find a more neutral source so take it with a grain of salt, but if you type "gay workplace discrimination statistics" into google you will get ~16,000,000 hits

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/headlines/research-on-lgbt-workplace-protections/

Good luck

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol @ the circular bickering in this thread. Let's see how long it continues.
Bible_Belt said:
atheists... seem to think they are vastly superior to everyone else.

And yet they're all so angry at the same time. Did you ever meet a happy, well-adjusted Atheist? Someone pleasant to talk to, who wasn't always griping about religion? They are like The Church of the Pissed Off.
Actually, most people I know who dont give a damn about religion or how people live their private lives are atheists. Its been mostly religious folks Ive come across who gripe about religions different from theirs, or complain about the private lives of others.

While there are some outspoken obnoxious atheists, I dont know many. This all said, I know devout christians and muslims who are arrogant, and others who are very accepting of different lifestyles and beliefs.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Ed,

Your statement that Christians are not guaranteed a job for a vocalization on their belief is proof of your acknowledgement on the persecution of Christians. Duck Dynasty and the firing being the prime example (even though that belief was not even spoken on the A&E network but was spoken to a magazine editor).

This is good news, now that you acknowledge they faced persecution for vocally stating their opinion from a Christian perspective, we are halfway there!

Now, just find me a similar situation but vice-versa where a very public undeniable firing took place against someone who stated their belief in support of gays.
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
I love how liberals are suddenly constitutionalists when it comes to free speech. Yes, the First Amendment is to restrict government not private companies. But, the purpose of the First Amendment is to protect the public good of free speech, especially political speech. Intolerance of political speech is hardly a good thing. A balkanized society where he econimically coerce those that disagree with us into submission via boycotts over every little thing is not a healthy, tolerant society.
Constitution 1st Amendment said:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Ok so as you can see in the actual text, the government shall make no law abridging the right to free speech. Please tell me when Congress passed a law against Phil Robertson. Please show me the instances where the police, FBI or CIA burst through his door and put him in handcuffs.

His right to free speech was never restricted by anyone. No one said "you cant say that", no one duct-taped his mouth closed. Your employer has the right to refuse to employ you if you start saying things politically loaded. A&E has a history of being pro gay, THEIR first amendment right would be abridged if they were forced by law to continue paying Phil Robertson. If I worked for FOX news and said half the things I said in this thread, they could and probably would terminate me in a heartbeat.
And to go back to what I said earlier, saying that someone is persecuted for their hate speech isnt a valid argument.
Phil Robertson said:
"Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong. Sin becomes fine.

Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right."

"It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical."

"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
^That's pretty offensive to some people, and he can say those things all he wants. And people are allowed to disagree with him too. Nazis, Black panther, KKK, anybody can go spread whatever views they want, the GOVERNMENT wont stop you. But the world is not required to accept your statements. Starbucks becomes pro-homosexual, and a lot of people stopped doing business with them. Chick-Fil-A became anti-homosexual, and a lot of people stopped doing business with them.
Phil Robertson wasn't fired for being a Christian, he was fired for the offensive remarks he made which made A&E decide they didn't want to be a commercial platform for.

You have yet to provide any evidence of Christians being discriminated against, I have provided an article in my last post with proof of LGBT discrimination.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Now, just find me a similar situation but vice-versa where a very public undeniable firing took place against someone who stated their belief in support of gays.
If such a thing did take place, I bet the courts would step in to correct it. But if someone expresses a Christian position, there is no such protection.

Personally, I think it was silly of Phil Robertson to come out against homosexuals, especially to start with them. But the Bible does make statements that homosexuality is sinful, and Christians believe in the Bible, so I don't see any easy way for everybody to be happy here. Now some people say that the Bible is incorrectly translated or interpreted, that the word for "homosexuality" really meant "sexual immorality" or such, but that's a seperate argument.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I am agnostic myself, so I don't support any religion. However my biggest problem with Christians is the whole anti-gay marriage thing. I do think gays should have the same rights as non-gays when it comes to the benefit of marriage.

However, I don't believe churches should be forced to marry gays, nor should married folks gain an advantage over non-married folk for sake of benefits and such.

My job is to recognize trends, exceptions and changes within trends. This is how I make money and what I do for a living. So from my Libertarian perspective I tend to side with the manner that does not seek to censor or control information, opinions or the transmittal of opinions.

Even with my agnostic bias, I can clearly see there is a trend of shutting down Christian viewpoints in the mainstream media and the glorification of the gay agenda.

I am ok with the gay agenda, not necessarily the glorifying of it, but they have rights just as hetero's do. I am not ok with the crushing of opposing viewpoints and persecution of one side which is exactly what is happening to Christians today with Duck Dynasty being a prime example.

Ed, Phil Robertson is absolutely an example.

You are confused because you are moving the goal-post to Constitutional as opposed to persecution. I am not arguing about the Constitution, but the persecution. Our previous back and forth began on the concept of persecution.

He was fired for his opinions and beliefs as a Christian which is persecution. So again, give a mainstream example of a gay being fired for espousing their views.

The whole point here is that some find the views of gays to be offensive, yet they have free reign in the media to speak as they wish without losing their jobs. Your bias is not allowing you to see this distinction.

You keep giving reasons WHY it occurs, but we are still discussion the WHAT.

The WHAT is that Christians are attacked and persecuted for their statements because they are deemed "offensive", meanwhile pro-gays have full reign to speak their mind and agenda without facing that same persecution even though some consider their lifestyle and "in-your-face" actions to be offensive.
There is a enormous hole in your logic. He was persecuted for his statement, his statement of persecution. You are now persecuting the people who persecuted his persecution, and I am persecuting your persecution of their persecution of his persecution. But somehow, its only considered by you to be persecution when the minority attacks the majority, never when the majority attacks the minority. If anybody is guilty, we are all guilty.
And I have provided an example twice, Dont Ask Dont Tell in the military.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Persecution is persecution. I am using the definition. I am not saying only one side is persecuting, I am saying the media allows a voice from one side but not the other, which is by definition persecution

To be more clear, The persecution being discussed is not by or for the gays or Christians, but the persecution by the billboard, the mouthpiece, the institution of media and statism, ther referees if you will.....in what it allows to happen, or persecutes.

Your argument above still skirts the topic because you are making it about the two sides at odds. I am not pointing out that flaw but merely the persecution by the referees who are in control.

It is the nature of the State, Corporations or Mainstream outlets which are the springboard for persecution. THAT is what is being discussed here. They are the one's allowing for or disallowing for a voice to be heard.

It is THEIR persecution we are talking about here. Not the gays persecutions of the Christians, or the Christians persecution of the gays.

This is what we talked about in the beginning where we said it was ok for one side (gays) to attack and spout their vision, but not allowed for the other side (Christians). The referees won't allow it, that is censorship and persecution upon the Christians.
Have you ever watched fox news? Im pretty sure they say whatever they want, as long as its conservative.
And Id bet my lunch money that people like ChickFilA, Phil Robertson and Hobby Lobby make these stances and statements specifically to get attacked. It does wonders for them financially. Phil Robertson became a household name overnight, a hero to half the country. Absolutely the same as the NFL player the OP was talking about. If your career is mediocre, make a risky political statement and watch your career soar. Half of everyone will disagree and the other half will rush to your support.
America's new thing isnt being gay. America's new thing is being radical in any direction. And its probably not new, its as old as time.