44 year old needs dating advice

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anytime Mr. Perfect.... BTW, which one caught your eye?

Frank

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I asked out a woman in my building, her name is Jessica. She is I guess late 20's. Any way the answer was No. What I said when I asked her was "Would you like to get together and do something sometime?"

I only met her a few days ago. She had always been looking at me and making eye contact with me prior. I assumed (we all know what that stands for) that she was interested. I really did think she liked me with her signals.

So, I asked her today when I was on lunch break. I asked her with only knowing her a short time because she had a varied lunch schedule. I was not sure as to when I would see her again. Since my job is ending very soon.

She told me she just moved home from LA and started working in my building 2 weeks ago. She had been with her boyfriend ( a golf pro) for 6 years and she still had feelings for him. Which is quite understandable.

Most of all the rejection did not bother me. I am so digusted with life in general I really did not care she said no. And yes she was a 7+, most of all she had a great booty.....

So, it appears all the advice is working.... I just have to fine tune my skills for when a woman is into me.

see ya,
Frank

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to go, Frank! You won because you took the chance without waiting around and trying to become her friend.

I bet she was flattered and she respects you. Keep with it and you'll find a woman soon.

P.S. First Friday is coming around again. Try to go if you have the chance. There are lots of women there!

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo

Frank I'm 37 and unemployed for over 2 months now and it hasnt stopped me from getting dates because what I've learned is that if a woman really likes you she will overlook those things. As long as you're trying to do something and have a plan of action she will overlook them especially if she really digs you. Now some girls, especially those in their early to mid 20's might think youre a loser but you dont need to deal with those tackheads just focus on you, keep a strong sense of humor and an ample amount of confidence and charm and you'll be fine. This would also be a good chance to start hitting the gym and getting in shape. Remember attitude counts for everything. I havent had a job since Aug but just last week I ended up with 7 phone numbers from girls aged 21 - 27, all pretty good looking. Sometimes you just have to fake it - lol!

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Mac and Seldom.

Yes, I did just ask her out without becoming her friend. Later in the day I saw her as I was leaving work and she just smiled. She was with a girlfriend. I would imagine I was mentioned as to whether it was good or bad I have no clue... Being totally honest I do think she was flattered for me being forward and asking her out. It might not have been her first in being so sudden but I doubt many others had been before me.

Should I give her my number or ask for hers before I am done with my job? Just encase she has a change of heart.

And I will remember First Friday...

As far as being unemployed and dating. I am sure it is possible but I am 44 and women may expect more of a man my age. just guessing? Technically I was still working when I asked Jessica out. Damn I wish I had been as assertive with the TV gal... She was the best looking woman ever to have an interest in me.
And yes I do have a plan of action for my job search but no interviews as of yet. Plus, I am going to start to work out with my future free time. Maybe, just maybe use some "just for men" to cover up the gray.

Well, I have to move on and keep a smile on my face. And I have to have more confidence....

Also, I received the results of my blood test, my testosterone level is 634. Normal is 247-827. No wonder I am such as horny SOB at 44, I am in about the 80th percentile.

P.S. I saw Amy(the woman I blew off a month ago) when we were in the cafeteria. She just looked, I guess she realized she was attractive and surprised. I would still date Amy if I had the chance but doubtful.

see ya,
Frank

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I made a boo boo asking her out like that. I saw her today and she ignored me. Maybe she thought I had the notion she was easy... No idea....

I did ask someone and she said never to ask a woman out after speaking to her for a couple of days.... But eveyone has there own opinion.

Have to maybe tone down my interest and be more subtle...

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

see ya,
Frank

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Official Sex Excuses for Women

*My Jaw Hurts
*I'm Saving Myself For a Millionaire
*I'm Still Sore from Last Time
*Not Until You Buy Me Dinner
*Didn't We Do It Last Month

Average Number of Sexual Partners Adults Say They've Had:

*1-5 53%
*6-10 15%
*11-20 11%
*21-30 4%
*30+ 9%

Source of info Yankelovich, Partners for Adam & Eve

see ya,
Frank

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I found this and I agree with most of it. Although the advice I have received from this forum is priceless. And yes I am finding it is working for me slowly.. But in time the pace will quicken.

Why is it that some men can have one date after another, while others can barely date once a month? Why is it that some men have that loving and supportive wife, while others get a divorce in less than ten years? Why is it that some men, even though they could be tall and reasonably nice looking can't get a woman to look at him, while the shorter and average-looking guy can???

Are you one of those who have a hard time trying to find a good woman? Do you have a hard time just trying to get one at least interested in you?

Here are the 5 reasons why so many men can't find a good woman. You may not like some of them, but nevertheless, these are facts that you need to address. Once you read this article, hopefully a light bulb will come on for you. Once you know the reasons why this happens, then you can do something about it.

1. Men who say that it is tough finding her are usually the ones who exaggerate their problem, and, they don't approach and date that many women to begin with.

If you think it is really hard to find a good woman to settle down with, we would like to ask you this: How many times do you date a month? How many women do you approach every month? Is it is just a couple of times, if that? If you do the math, it's not that many times to where you should be feeling like this. Unless this has happened within the last year or two.

2. They think too much with their hormones. They want to date her STRICTLY because of the way she looks. The odds are MUCH higher that this "hot girl" is nothing but "a man's worse nightmare. Why can't they settle for a very cute woman who has that hot personality? If they want her to be very attractive, they shouldn't whine that "it's hard to find a good woman out there."

3. Their "wish list" for a particular woman is way too high. No one should settle, but one should at least lower it to be a bit more realistic, and with the odds in their favor. We once corresponded with a gentleman who only dates brunettes, yet he stated that "it's tough out there." Gee!

4. They follow lame advice written by men, who thinks THEY know what works with women. The men who read such books make it EVEN harder on themselves.

5. They say they have looked everywhere for the answer on why they can't find her. They asked their family and friends, read scores of books, they did the Internet personals, asked other men on Internet message boards... But, do they listen to the advice that is given to them? Oddly enough, most don't. Are you one of them?

So, are we saying that it is their fault, and that it is easy to find her? Yes and no. Yes, it is their fault, and no, many times it isn't easy. Especially if you live in an area where the men outnumber the women, like Alaska. But, most of the time it is easy. Men who live in such areas should move. Easier said than done? Perhaps. But it can be done. They have two choices. Move, or remain in that lonely situation.

In most cases, it is very easy to find her. It's just a matter of approaching a few women every week. How long do you think it would take before you found that right one for you then? And, once you leave your hormones at home, and lower your standards, you will find yourself getting plenty of dates with very cute women who can make you laugh and feel good about yourself.

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read these links!

Interesting and neat links

Article about reading a woman's eyes
@http://www.countrysingles.com/Interestedpg1.htm

Article about America's obsession with low cut jeans
@http://slate.msn.com/id/2089623/

Article about women want to date jerks
@http://www.boldopinion.com/*******.htm

Ratio of Male to Female by age in America
@http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/0/8/0/0/4/3/A0800439.phtml

Reasons why a single guy should not be afraid of women
@http://www.alovelinksplus.com/advice/afraid_of_women.htm

The art of flirting, what the body is saying
@http://members.aol.com/doder1/usnews21.htm

Article about low cut jeans #2
@http://www.salon.com/mwt/style/2002/05/28/booty_call/

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No opinion to the thread, but great article finds.

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Saine! I read them myself knowing that between the DJ Bible, the past forum posts and these articles I will be a winner...

Frank

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this "44 year old needs dating advice" or "44 year old posts a bunch of links to articles on the internet" ?