2nd annual approach anxiety competition

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
Is the game going to be identical to the first one or are you guys going to make changes? I haven't read the first thread yet, so I'll want to study that if we're copying it.
It will not be identical. However, it will be similar in the overall concept. The challenges are going to be different. I would take a look at the original Gladiators thread, though. It will give you a better sense of what's ahead of you. Props on signing up. Once you pick up some speed, you will realize it is not as hard as you may have thought. After that, you'll view it as a game, which is all it is: a fun game women love to play. You got my info if you get stuck.

The Conductor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I'm so in this. Haven't been to SS for so long, then found this thread. Will it be mostly approaching during the day or in night game venues?

martini92

Reaction score
okey I'm in...got nervous just entering the competition so probably need it:)

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Updated list as of 1/2/12:

AAAgent
Black Jesus
Btownbuck2012
Donjuanit0
TheMusic
Roman81
I'm in the mood
Packers2010
3countriesplan
Badboyjmm
dandelion
TheConductor
Sandman
Martini92
Sofomore
Archway
-------------------------------

Come on guys, deadline is this Sunday!

Last edited:

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you going to update the new rules or provide info on the first week's objective?

Also i'll be out of the country for 10 days starting next monday so hopefully i can pull this off.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only two days until the beginning of the competition!

I want to give a pat on the back to each of the fourteen participants on the list. It takes some courage to get out there and do what you guys are about to do. The other coaches and I look forward to your success. I know it is hard to get started, so I dug up some stuff and found this very good thread on approaching and social phobias. Credit: Mr. Fingers. It will be much more easier to complete your challenges after completing this reading: Thread Also, take a look at this clip: Video

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
List has been updated. The competition begins tommorrow. HOWEVER, guys have until SUNDAY at 11:59 pm Pacific Time to enter. You all will get reminders from either me or Robyn regarding this!!! When the challenge is posted, the official rules will also be posted as well.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archway said:
count me in bro..
Not to single you out but last year there were lots of people who said count me in as 1 time posters and were never heard from again. Hopefully it won't be the same this time.

We're all here for self improvement so don't be afraid to try, even if you have to try 100 times before you make the first attempt we're here to support each other.

I'll be looking out for you name Archway and looking forward to your second post in this thread.

-AAA

Archway

Reaction score
AAAgent said:
Not to single you out but last year there were lots of people who said count me in as 1 time posters and were never heard from again. Hopefully it won't be the same this time.

We're all here for self improvement so don't be afraid to try, even if you have to try 100 times before you make the first attempt we're here to support each other.

I'll be looking out for you name Archway and looking forward to your second post in this thread.

-AAA
Sorry my second post doesnt contain better info, but your point has been noted :)

Thanks

Archway

Reaction score
AAAgent said:

-AAA
Sorry my second post doesnt contain better info, but your point has been noted :)

Thanks

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Official Challenge: Week # 1

Your challenge:

Approach seven people and simply say "hi/waddup/how are ya?" You are free

to choose the location and to continue the conversation for as little or as long

as you would like. Display comfortable body language, maintain eye contact

and a good tone of voice as you interact with these folks. At least three of

the seven people must be women and one must be a woman at work

(ex: a girl working at the mall). These women get paid to make talk with

clients, which will help you get used to talking to people. Go, go, go!

Last edited:

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im In! I heard most men only do about 4 cold approaches in their entire life. By doing this competition I will be way ahead of the norm, so count me in Gray The Prince

R

Rubato

I don't really want to do this, which is why it would probably be good for me. As a warning, what will probably be my most difficult semester of college thus far (and this is my 6th year) is starting Monday, but I will try and stick with this.

Sandman

Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
Your challenge:

Approach seven people and simply say "hi/waddup/how are ya?" You are free

to choose the location and to continue the conversation for as little or as long

as you would like. Display comfortable body language, maintain eye contact

and a good tone of voice as you interact with these folks. At least three of

the seven people must be women and one must be a woman at work

(ex: a girl working at the mall). These women get paid to make talk with

clients, which will help you get used to talking to people. Go, go, go!

Consider it done.