Unpopular opinion: cold approach is a WASTE of time.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked @Jesse Pinkman as a poster, but I do question the life of cold approachers in general. There's no way in hell you meet and have sex with all of these hot women and not one of them is worth getting to know.
Yall are gullible AF. The man literally ADMITTED he been lying and fabricating his life on other forums. This man allegedly either was out cold approaching, or writing novels on sosauve about his " adventures ". I simply questioned this due to our other charlatan Rambo ,and next day he angrily left the forum:rofl::rofl:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach works in Sales, which is where most of the techniques came from. Not everyone is good at Sales, so why should they be any good at cold approach in seduction?
I would compare approaching women to sales (you are essentially trying to sell yourself). How many successful companies and salespeople rely on cold calling and spam emails to sell their products?
As a person in sales, I disagree fully.
There's similarity between "cold approaching" to find romantic options and "cold calling" to sell a product or service. It's not 100% analogous but it's good enough for a comparison.

Cold calling (whether done in person or remotely) for sales was discredited as far back as the 1990s. However, many organizations were still forcing sales reps to cold call into the 2000s and 2010s. It's likely still even done today. Cold calling is a complete waste of time and a sign that the organization isn't using marketing strategies/tactics well to help position their sales reps for success.

Untargeted "cold approaching" is likely to be a waste of time, but even using the marketing principle of targeting doesn't help all that much.

In theory, going to a bar to cold approach is targeted marketing. After all, people in relationships have no need to go to bars. In practice, plenty of men go to bars and aren't able to obtain same night sex or arrange first dates. This is supposedly selling where the market has been qualified and it is a targeted effort.

If a man wants to do approaches at grocery stores, it is best if he choosing to do approaches at grocery stores in areas of his city where unmarried people tend to live. Even by doing this, it won't improve outcomes too much. There will be a lot of failed approaches.

If a man wants to do approaches in a mall, it is best to choose to do approaches in stores where unmarried women tend to shop. These would be stores similar to Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Lululemon, H&M, Zara. These would be better options as compared to larger department store anchor type tenants like Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, or Dillard's, which tend to cater more towards married women who are also 30+.

In Dallas, a common outdoor approach place is the Katy Trail (see 14:35 - 22:17) in the video below. The Katy Trail is an outdoor walking path near Downtown/Uptown Dallas. The Katy Trail is immediately adjacent to areas where a lot of unmarried people live in Dallas. One would tend to see a lot of 20s/30s unmarried people on the Katy Trail. Even with that targeting, doing approaches on the Katy Trail can be quite inefficient.

@Jesse Pinkman was doing a lot of his pickups in Brickell, a Miami neighborhood where there is a lot of foot traffic, nightlife venues, and a high concentration of unmarried people. That was somewhat targeted and still inefficient. @nicksaiz65 does approaches in bars in Atlanta and Nashville. He's had 30+ approach nights. The fact that @nicksaiz65 is doing his approaches at bars shows some amount of awareness of targeted marketing.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Dallas, a common outdoor approach place is the Katy Trail (see 14:35 - 22:17) in the video below. The Katy Trail is an outdoor walking path near Downtown/Uptown Dallas. The Katy Trail is immediately adjacent to areas where a lot of unmarried people live in Dallas. One would tend to see a lot of 20s/30s unmarried people on the Katy Trail. Even with that targeting, doing approaches on the Katy Trail can be quite inefficient.
That cold approach at 14:35 is cringy AF ... literally running after a woman and blurting out: excuse me, you're very pretty, I just wanted to say Hi, how's your day going? o_O o_O
It still baffles me that going against both your own instincts and societal norms without anything to show for it is seen by quite a few, at least judging by the comments on that video, as a courageous thing to do.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That cold approach at 14:35 is cringy AF ... literally running after a woman and blurting out: excuse me, you're very pretty, I just wanted to say Hi, how's your day going? o_O o_O
It still baffles me that going against both your own instincts and societal norms without anything to show for it is seen by quite a few, at least judging by the comments on that video, as a courageous thing to do.
The approach is so-so, his vibe is boring, he is not exciting, he has no style and he doesnt show dominance and masculinity. He tells the girl she's pretty, not good. He tries to be friendly, no sexual tension. Another youtube clown.
All the girls he approached will flake on him, 100%, if they even reply his texts.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The approach is so-so, his vibe is boring, he is not exciting, he has no style and he doesnt show dominance and masculinity. He tells the girl she's pretty, not good. He tries to be friendly, no sexual tension. Another youtube clown.
All the girls he approached will flake on him, 100%, if they even reply his texts.
The context of that video is that the daygamer in Dallas is a novice daygamer. For a novice daygamer, it's a so-so approach.

I've never believed in the running from behind a woman, going in front of her, and then delivering the opener tactic like the guy does at 14:35 and with his other Katy Trail approaches. It is a more cringy way to approach in general.

I agree with @mikedee that any number he got during his Dallas daygame session will likely end up as a flake.

The primary value of linking that video is to show that this novice cold approacher actually chose some good, targeted areas of Dallas for doing approaches. In the entirety of that video, he approached at the Katy Trail, Klyde Warren Park, Griggs Park, and on random side streets of Uptown Dallas. Katy Trail has a lot of foot traffic for unmarried people in their 20s/30s. Klyde Warren Park and Griggs Park are both urban parks near Downtown Dallas where a lot of the nearby residents are unmarried. Uptown/Downtown Dallas are areas with a high concentration of unmarried people, so approaching on a side residential street near apartments and townhomes is not a bad plan.

My point is that even with choosing solid venues for approaching AND having solid approach tactics, approaching strangers is often very inefficient and doesn't deliver fantastic results.

I have done daygame approach sessions at Katy Trail for 2 hours on a weekend afternoon and come away with nothing to show for it. Unlike that novice daygamer, I am a daygamer with 10+ years experience doing daygame and sometimes I still walk away from a Katy session with nothing. Katy has the best and most targeted foot traffic of any outdoor venue in Dallas. I have also daygamed at Klyde Warren and Griggs too, though less frequently than Katy.

Also, Dallas is a very competitive market in general.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have done daygame approach sessions at Katy Trail for 2 hours on a weekend afternoon and come away with nothing to show for it. Unlike that novice daygamer, I am a daygamer with 10+ years experience doing daygame and sometimes I still walk away from a Katy session with nothing.
Man, that's unhealthy. There have to be some issues (such as low self esteem) to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't even occur to you to spend hours 'day-gaming' (what an euphemism for pvssy begging ) and by actually doing it, you're reinforcing those issues.

How about you spend those 2 hours jogging or power walking in that area ... over some time, perhaps you'll notice some regulars, some of which may be attractive females that will also have noticed you and you don't feel like a stranger anymore (although technically you are). You'll be that guy who does his stuff, minds his own business as opposed to clowns who run after women and annoy them. So if the attraction is there, they will find a way to put themselves into your orbit, an organic way to start conversation will develop itself.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-I dont go to bars/nightgame, waste of time and money. I approach during the day, while I do my stuff. 0$
So where do you live at that allows you to have access to not only hot, but young single not in groups women all day without having to drive anywhere? Are you in college?

Also, every cold approacher looks like a nuisance or clown in public. It’s not just dating but I get cold approached by men pitching their MLM BS scheme at me all the time because I look like a perfect candidate. One of the guys is infamous and highly recognized on my cities subreddit.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have done daygame approach sessions at Katy Trail for 2 hours on a weekend afternoon and come away with nothing to show for it. Unlike that novice daygamer, I am a daygamer with 10+ years experience doing daygame and sometimes I still walk away from a Katy session with nothing.
Man, that's unhealthy. There have to be some issues (such as low self esteem) to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't even occur to you to spend hours 'day-gaming' (what an euphemism for pvssy begging ) and by actually doing it, you're reinforcing those issues.

How about you spend those 2 hours jogging or power walking in that area ... over some time, perhaps you'll notice some regulars, some of which may be attractive females that will also have noticed you and you don't feel like a stranger anymore (although technically you are). You'll be that guy who does his stuff, minds his own business as opposed to clowns who run after women and annoy them. So if the attraction is there, they will find a way to put themselves into your orbit, an organic way to start conversation will develop itself.
Why would I daygame the Katy Trail?

Have you seen how bad Tinder, Hinge, and Bumble are? Daygaming the Katy Trail is an alternative to swiping on apps. I will agree that Katy is a poor option and that's because in general that cold approach is inefficient. Katy Trail is also daygamer saturated. Mostly every guy in Dallas that runs daygame runs it at the Katy Trail. However, very few men have the guts to go out and do random approaches on the trail.

I'm not one of those clowns who runs after women and annoys them when I do my Katy Trail sessions. I do my sessions in a more refined way. There are natural points on the trail where people stop and socializing can look like it is naturally occurring, even if the daygamer was doing an approach session.

It would be difficult to power walk that area and become a regular who gets noticed by others. Dallas is a populated city and the Katy has a lot of foot traffic. Unless you are Troy Aikman (former Dallas Cowboys player and occasional Katy Trail user), you're not getting noticed on the Katy.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So where do you live at that allows you to have access to not only hot, but young single not in groups women all day without having to drive anywhere? Are you in college?

Also, every cold approacher looks like a nuisance or clown in public. It’s not just dating but I get cold approached by men pitching their MLM BS scheme at me all the time because I look like a perfect candidate. One of the guys is infamous and highly recognized on my cities subreddit.
Any big city will have available and attractive women in public. No need to worry or care what people think especially if you're just going about your daily business and talking to people.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I live in Prague, used to live in Moscow but I'm from Montreal. I used to well in Montreal, the problem is volume, I only date hot young skinny girls, models are my favorite, but very few model type girls in Montreal so I relocated to Russia (models everywhere), it was like living in a candyshop. Moved to Prague a year ago, lot of hot girls (Slovak girls are solid), less volume than Moscow, but way more than Montreal and any other cities Ive been to.

I'm currently dating a 21yo Ukrainian hb8 (closed the deal already) and working on a 19yo Slovak model, a solid 9.5.
Both cold approach.

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Prague, used to live in Moscow but I'm from Montreal. I used to well in Montreal, the problem is volume, I only date hot young skinny girls, models are my favorite, but very few model type girls in Montreal so I relocated to Russia (models everywhere), it was like living in a candyshop. Moved to Prague a year ago, lot of hot girls (Slovak girls are solid), less volume than Moscow, but way more than Montreal and any other cities Ive been to.

I'm currently dating a 21yo Ukrainian hb8 (closed the deal already) and working on a 19yo Slovak model, a solid 9.5.
Both cold approach.
I don’t find your situation and setup relatable to the average male or to be exact American male. The best situations for men in America are college campuses and HS.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you go after a niche market of your native land and live in Prague. Your playing card hand and competition is completely different than a lot of guys. The key to g men can learn from you is learning how to play the cards given to you. Most men that struggle with women do not do this and try to play win a poker game with a spades strategy.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Named it unpopular opinion for a reason

let's get one thing out of the way: i mean spam approach.

Ofcourse you try to cease your opportunity when it's possible to do this. But that's when Iike to use the fitness analogy: you lift weights ,and IF you meet a new woman you take your shirt off and boom, ripped physique, hot dude( in her eyes). Hence the black belt analogy. Same goes for ANY other aspect of your life that might seem effortless while it took years of hard work to get it!

I just don't think that a man after lets say 35 should spend TOO much time on (SPAM cold approach) women anymore. Or at least slow it down and be WAY more effective with it
I don't disagree with you at all on this point, at 35 spam approaching is a waste of time, hence I said in my earlier post that once you have the experience you will be able to pick up on nuances and be refinded this in turn allows you to approach way less but also score a higher target
-I dont go to bars/nightgame, waste of time and money. I approach during the day, while I do my stuff. 0$
-I rarely approach duos or groups. 1 on 1, 5mins max.
-Jesse Pinkman was a rookie, a spam approacher, with his wingman. Not a good example, you dont want to be like him, he was pathetic. He spent a lot of energy going out and trying to open sets with outdated pua bs. Plus all the time wasted writting his reports. Not a model i recommend.
I like Jesse's journal you gotta start somewhere IMO, people talk about this "Build and they will come" which is b.s. If you don't focus on the basics of game i.e. having social mastery, a social circle, access to hot women etc how many guys have posted on the forum about having built (money and body but no social circle)yet still struggling with getting the women they want? I do agree in 2023 spam approaching is not conducive for various factors. I think in 2023 the best option is for men to build their ideal lifestyle and incorporate a social circle, OLD and cold approaching however this isn't easy to do and hence you have to start somewhere.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you go after a niche market of your native land and live in Prague. Your playing card hand and competition is completely different than a lot of guys. The key to g men can learn from you is learning how to play the cards given to you. Most men that struggle with women do not do this and try to play win a poker game with a spades strategy.
Believe it or not, game is way more competitive in Europe than it is in the us :)

Most of the Americans struggle in Europe, while most of the Europeans not really in the US

Never heard a girl ever talking about a sexy American guy

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe it or not, game is way more competitive in Europe than it is in the us :)

Most of the Americans struggle in Europe, while most of the Europeans not really in the US

Never heard a girl ever talking about a sexy American guy
America is a land of extremes. You have the biggest idiots and the biggest geniuses, the most obesity and the fittest, etc.

Most will lie on the undesirable spectrum, and most successful american guys have no reason to go on the prowl in europe.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yall are gullible AF. The man literally ADMITTED he been lying and fabricating his life on other forums. This man allegedly either was out cold approaching, or writing novels on sosauve about his " adventures ". I simply questioned this due to our other charlatan Rambo ,and next day he angrily left the forum:rofl::rofl:
He was one of the biggest charlatans, reading his posts was extremely cringey, he gave off vibes of a delusional, desperate creeper running around bars by himself.

He spammed typical, cookie cutter openers and most girls could sense he was following a pick up artist playbook.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It undeniable the quality of women available from cold approach has and always will be substantially higher than anything you will find online

But it also requires a lot of paitence, good timing and social calibration a lot of guys charge up to random women hyped on adrenaline and start demanding personal details from them

This just doesn't work

I preach situational openers because they will usually allow natural conversation and this is the key too a calm and comfortable approach for both parties only from there can you build out an try to her details

Pinkman was running around the Miami nightlife trying it on with any woman he could find his openers were often corny and generic which lead him down the route of the dancing monkey

Women aren't dull since social media they are hyper aware of guys like this who will approach 50-100 girls a night , but if other women aren't giving him pu$$y why am I giving him pu$$y

With a scene as competitive as Miami he was just running around like a headless chicken
Excellent point and totally agree and as I have said before, once you become more refined and nuanced you understand that approaching is all about timing, calibration, "being able to read the room" etc. Situational openers IMO are the best when you deal with cold approaching because they tend to be the most organic while spam approaching can come off as inauthentic and even cringy at times.

I also agree Miami is super competitive, I remember Jacked dudes approaching fatties that's how competitive it was (meaning the guys were approaching anything and everything) in a scene like that it's all about your network and who you know. Miami does probably have the hottest women in the states, if you really wanna test your game you gotta bring it on all levels (money, status, body etc)

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also agree Miami is super competitive, I remember Jacked dudes approaching fatties that's how competitive it was (meaning the guys were approaching anything and everything) in a scene like that it's all about your network and who you know. Miami does probably have the hottest women in the states, if you really wanna test your game you gotta bring it on all levels (money, status, body etc)
Most of the jacked dudes that you refer to are retarded when it comes to social skills, so doubt that is relevant

Most likely you can put them anywhere on this planet and more or less they will still talk with mainly fatties

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the jacked dudes that you refer to are retarded when it comes to social skills, so doubt that is relevant

Most likely you can put them anywhere on this planet and more or less they will still talk with mainly fatties
I disagree, personally what I think it is, is that the guys aim for low-hanging fruit because approaching the hottest of the hot chick in Miami you gonna have to have money or status to boot with your looks. Miami is a very superficial environment. Celebrities walking around like every day people, a concentration of millionaires most of them whom are unknown and have no problem tricking of their money on hot women. The sugar baby culture in Miami is a real thing. Women in Miami get exposed to high-end yact parties, VIP parties etc. Yes it happens everywhere but in Miami it's at a different level.

Not saying jack dudes don't pull but in Mami being jacked is expected whereas in Bum**** Neberaska you would instantly stand out and could pull of that alone