Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unpopular opinion: cold approach is a WASTE of time.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. The reason why I made @Jesse Pinkman leave the forum after he threw a tantrum at me . I kept criticizing his (seemingly) endless and not fruitful efforts to get his D wet due to cold approach.

Here's the thing:
-a man must build himself UP.
-Cold approaching IF YOU are successful at it,will cost you TONS of money, time and energy in multiple ways: first the venues where you chase(club, bar ,drinks clothes ect) secondly the actual dates...
- you are way WAY better off spending time learning skills which can give you LEVERAGE over time.
-its about power my friends. I've been with ap many women that I can safely say that they WON'T make you happy. The happiness comes when you obtain true power and abundance. Chasing P00SY will always put and leave you in a losing position.

Cold approach is a waste of time.

Wrong place to post this? On a niche forum where men look for shortcuts and formulas to get easy shortcuts to get women.

We are dumb enough to run thia rat race with women. All the while we have time on our side IF we practice self reservation.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Thrill Of The Hunt vs Pleasure Of Sex

Cold approaching could make sense if you can pull hot girls often and turn them into plates you can spin. If you dont pull often and/or you cant keep them around, then yeah, the juice is not worth the squeeze to me or any Pleasure of Sex guy.

I think for "Thrill of theHunt" guys its more about the journey, not the destination. They want to always be on the hunt, doesnt matter to them if most lays are followed by dry spells that can go on for weeks or months.

I think @Jesse Pinkman could have sex more often if he LTRd one of his lays. But he doesnt care about that. He is a Thrill of the Hunt guy so he prefers variety over quantity.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach works in Sales, which is where most of the techniques came from. Not everyone is good at Sales, so why should they be any good at cold approach in seduction?

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Cold approach costs 0$
-Cold approach takes usually less than 5mins (each approach)
-Cold approach is not demanding (energy) when you know what to do. Actually it gives you a boost.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first started cold approaching and was not very experienced with women, my buddy and I would hit up multiple bars in a night. We would walk in and if we saw hot girls we would approach them. If we didn't, we walked right back out. This was fun and exciting, but the results weren't there. Reminds me of the the Jesse Pinkman reports.

As we got more experienced we realized there were different types of venues we were more successful in. I was really good at places that had dancing as well as places that weren't so loud and were more social and attracted people that enjoyed good conversation. These were environments that I felt very comfortable and I enjoyed being in.

What I learned was for me to be most successful at finding girls, I needed to be there to have fun and enjoy myself(dance and talk to people) first and foremost. The women needed to be secondary. Because when a man is enjoying himself in his environment he displays confidence and an aura that is attractive to women. The women always seemed to make themselves available in their own subtle ways. They were in my orbit already, I didn't have to enter into theirs. Their defense mechanism wasnt so strong so it leads to better results.

I'd have to agree that if you aren't doing cold approach correctly, it can be a waste of time. But when done correctly a guy can enjoy himself as well as find a few girls. Earlier this year I was having better results approaching girls in real life, than OLD.

You have to figure out what works, keep improving, and be willing to change things up.

Another thing works is becoming a regular at a venue. Once you are there enough you get very comfortable, you have social proof, everyone knows you and you know them, and the bar tenders take care of you. You'll get introduced to other people because of who you know. This can open doors that normally wouldn't.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It actually does cost you money because it costs you time. Unless your time has no value.
If you go somewhere and the opportunity strikes to CA an attractive woman, that little 'detour' is all the 'time' it costs you. And if the CA just results in gaining more experience in conversing with women, that is pretty good ROI.
Going out specifically to cold approach women is often a waste of time because it often feels forced and women often respond lukewarm to being accosted by another player.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Then taking a dump costs me money.
Not a good reasoning.
One is necessary the other one can simply be built into your normal every day functioning when you are out and about and doesn't require you setting out an extra 2-3 hours of your day to do

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an outlook that seems to be gaining traction here on SS that I completely disagree with.

You can get more women surfing OLD. But you will pull younger and hotter doing cold approach. In other words, higher quality doing cold approach. Hot women are either not on OLD or are so inundated with options that it is difficult to stand out. Cold approaching gives you an advantage in that you are front and center and lets you demonstrate your charm and confidence. Both major advantages.

Yes, if you have zero social skills you will struggle with cold approach. If this is you, start interacting with people in public (both women AND men) and just make it feel natural to be friendly. You will be surprised how people react positively to you. Eventually, it will be second nature to carry this over to hot women in public. The goal changes, but the blueprint does not.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For clarification purposes, let's define cold approach as approaching women who haven't even looked at you on the street, at the mall, in the grocery store.

But you will pull younger and hotter doing cold approach. In other words, higher quality doing cold approach. Hot women are either not on OLD or are so inundated with options that it is difficult to stand out.
I believe that's half truth and half fantasy. The true part is that you will pull hotter, definitely younger (on OLD they don't even see you due to the default age range setting) women by being active in real life as opposed to buying extra Tinder options and sitting on the toilet, swiping. The fantasy part is that you'll do that with cold approach as defined above.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that's half truth and half fantasy. The true part is that you will pull hotter, definitely younger (on OLD they don't even see you due to the default age range setting) women by being active in real life as opposed to buying extra Tinder options and sitting on the toilet, swiping. The fantasy part is that you'll do that with cold approach as defined above.
A lot of you guys have gotten good at reinforcing each others' negative views. It isn't fantasy at all. But you're going to believe what you want regardless of what I say. Until you get out there and do it, I can see why you would believe it doesn't work.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing works is becoming a regular at a venue. Once you are there enough you get very comfortable, you have social proof, everyone knows you and you know them, and the bar tenders take care of you. You'll get introduced to other people because of who you know. This can open doors that normally wouldn't.
Wholeheartedly agree. I am a local at my regular bar, and I can attest to this.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For clarification purposes, let's define cold approach as approaching women who haven't even looked at you on the street, at the mall, in the grocery store.

If only you would see the girls I've been with, met cold approach... You've never been and will never be with such hot girls.
I've met a new one today, tight and tall Czech girl, 20. Solid.
Cold approach.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of you guys have gotten good at reinforcing each others' negative views. It isn't fantasy at all. But you're going to believe what you want regardless of what I say. Until you get out there and do it, I can see why you would believe it doesn't work.
He doesn't to believe it, because he would have to do something about it and actually approach. He is just too scared. No balls, like most men.

Cold approach works, I've been with 33 girls, all HB8 and above, 28/33 met on the street.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If only you would see the girls I've been with, met cold approach... You've never been and will never be with such hot girls.
You don't know me, so how can you be so sure who I've been and will be with? :rolleyes: Making such an obviously unsupported statement discredits you.
Until you get out there and do it, I can see why you would believe it doesn't work.
From my observations, I think it takes a particular kind of dude that does it and a particular kind of woman who is amenable to it. I'm not that kind of dude and I'm not interested in that kind of woman.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an outlook that seems to be gaining traction here on SS that I completely disagree with.

You can get more women surfing OLD. But you will pull younger and hotter doing cold approach. In other words, higher quality doing cold approach. Hot women are either not on OLD or are so inundated with options that it is difficult to stand out. Cold approaching gives you an advantage in that you are front and center and lets you demonstrate your charm and confidence. Both major advantages.

Yes, if you have zero social skills you will struggle with cold approach. If this is you, start interacting with people in public (both women AND men) and just make it feel natural to be friendly. You will be surprised how people react positively to you. Eventually, it will be second nature to carry this over to hot women in public. The goal changes, but the blueprint does not.
These guys have no ide what they are talking

A girl that is only cute ( a 7 ) showed me her bumble, she had 2k likes in like 1 week

Unless the timing is right + you have a solid profile you will never even have the chance to match with her

These guys who are bad at cold approaching are also the guys with not a solid online dating profile, who are just satisfied to clear OLD of all the sub par women :)

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Cold approach costs 0$
-Cold approach takes usually less than 5mins (each approach)
-Cold approach is not demanding (energy) when you know what to do. Actually it gives you a boost.
Short term ,yes.

But lets say you do "kmow what you're doing" and you land 4 dime pieces.

What's next? 4 times wine and dine ar fancy restaurant x? Who will pay for all of this?

When you're not making money= it costs you money. Chilling at the beach doing nothing =time not spend on building yourself up.