Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It is hard being a Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever wonder why the most brilliant people in the world don't believe in a personal God? People like Einstein and Hawking... People who's IQs are higher than all of ours at this forum.

How are you able to see something they can't?
There is nothing new under the sun. (Ecc 1:(9)). The Bible would call people like Einstein and Hawking a Greek in the Old Testament. The Greek culture was well known for their wisdom, philosophy, and contributions to our understanding of the world, but coming short with understanding of who God is. They had an alter for an "unknown God" (Acts 17:23) and they knew nothing about God.

There is plenty of wisdom sections within the Bible (i.e. Proverbs/Ecclesiastes) that anyone can read for practical wisdom ideas.

"But God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise" (1 Cor 1:27).

"...to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ be made to none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish FOOLISHNESS, but unto us that are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world BY WISDOM KNEW NOT GOD, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe...THE GREEKS SEEK AFTER WISDOM, BUT WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED, unto the Jews a Stumblingblock, AND UNTO THE GREEKS FOOLISHNESS. BUT UNTO THEM WHICH ARE CALLED, both the Jews and Greeks, CHRIST IS THE POWER OF GOD, AND THE WISDOM OF GOD. THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THEN MEN..." (1 Cor 1:17-25)

Revaj said:
And doesn't it seem kind of cruel that a God would make you with instincts and pleasures that you aren't supposed to do... Kind of cruel and tortuous isn't it? Plus you need to submit to him.. The idea of being some experiment being watched doesn't bode well for some reason.
At this point, it would seem like everything is foolishness to you. I can't agree on a deeper level because I would acknowledge that this is a fallen race and the way that we see things through our fallen nature would be corrupt, so these ideas would also be corrupt and twisted. Jesus said that you need to be born-again and then your perspective of how you are seeing things will be corrected. You'll see yourself as a bankrupt sinner before God deserving to go to hell except by the fact that God loved you to send Jesus to die in your place that you can receive forgiveness. You'll have a hunger for reading the Bible and growing in a bible believing church. You'll change fundamentally on the inside and will understand all of this.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
LOL that moment when you realize you are a piece of sh1t human and need God (SRS)

I had that moment a while back, real talk. had some crazy realizations about us as humans, and sinning and the fked up sh1t we think and do on a daily basis. even the GOOD amongst us arent really that good. Realized a hedonistic lifestyle and all the sex and everything promoted just isnt good at all. Its got our whole generation an world turned to sodom an gomorrah

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL that moment when you realize you are a piece of sh1t human and need God (SRS)

I had that moment a while back, real talk. had some crazy realizations about us as humans, and sinning and the fked up sh1t we think and do on a daily basis. even the GOOD amongst us arent really that good. Realized a hedonistic lifestyle and all the sex and everything promoted just isnt good at all. Its got our whole generation an world turned to sodom an gomorrah
Yes, and it all got started with the movie called "The Graduate" released in 1968. For a movie like that to have been released publicly in that time like that shows that the society was already losing moral ground since the 60's.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing new under the sun. (Ecc 1:(9)). The Bible would call people like Einstein and Hawking a Greek in the Old Testament. The Greek culture was well known for their wisdom, philosophy, and contributions to our understanding of the world, but coming short with understanding of who God is. They had an alter for an "unknown God" (Acts 17:23) and they knew nothing about God.

There is plenty of wisdom sections within the Bible (i.e. Proverbs/Ecclesiastes) that anyone can read for practical wisdom ideas.

"But God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise" (1 Cor 1:27).

"...to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ be made to none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish FOOLISHNESS, but unto us that are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world BY WISDOM KNEW NOT GOD, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe...THE GREEKS SEEK AFTER WISDOM, BUT WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED, unto the Jews a Stumblingblock, AND UNTO THE GREEKS FOOLISHNESS. BUT UNTO THEM WHICH ARE CALLED, both the Jews and Greeks, CHRIST IS THE POWER OF GOD, AND THE WISDOM OF GOD. THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THEN MEN..." (1 Cor 1:17-25)

At this point, it would seem like everything is foolishness to you. I can't agree on a deeper level because I would acknowledge that this is a fallen race and the way that we see things through our fallen nature would be corrupt, so these ideas would also be corrupt and twisted. Jesus said that you need to be born-again and then your perspective of how you are seeing things will be corrected. You'll see yourself as a bankrupt sinner before God deserving to go to hell except by the fact that God loved you to send Jesus to die in your place that you can receive forgiveness. You'll have a hunger for reading the Bible and growing in a bible believing church. You'll change fundamentally on the inside and will understand all of this.
So basically supreme intelligent humans figuring out tangible facts about the universe should be ignored because the Bible says God should be the focus for anything initially unexplainable, got it.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So basically supreme intelligent humans figuring out tangible facts about the universe should be ignored because the Bible says God should be the focus for anything initially unexplainable, got it.
Nope not at all. Twist twist twist.
You are showing poor intelligence in many ways. Atheists are always mad looking for arguments. Maybe take up your anger with your parents and life with them.
There are more smart Christians that are scientists than scientist atheists
Explain that. Exact opposite point u are trying to make.
Or dont as i am done with this conversation as you twist everything meaning what is the point?

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All your "supreme intelligent humans", can not, for all their intelligence use their wisdom for things that really matter, such as not ever dying. I mean, even the Bible has a one up there John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life". (i.e. here it's talking about a second spiritual death in the "lake of fire").

All Steve Hawkins can do is warn about an alien invasion or cosmic disaster for which we are long overdue, in where we will be defenseless when it happens. Doesn't weight much still in my books. I mean what is the point if you can't protect yourself or humanity from the very prophecies of doom from such intelligence.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All your "supreme intelligent humans", can not, for all their intelligence use their wisdom for things that really matter, such as not ever dying. I mean, even the Bible has a one up there John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life". (i.e. here it's talking about a second spiritual death in the "lake of fire").

All Steve Hawkins can do is warn about an alien invasion or cosmic disaster for which we are long overdue, in where we will be defenseless when it happens. Doesn't weight much still in my books. I mean what is the point if you can't protect yourself or humanity from the very prophecies of doom from such intelligence.

Yes we all die. But why do we have to believe that a human sacrifice even had to be made to begin with? People that grow up in Asia for the most part are never introduced to Christianity. So they are all going to burn in hell because they don't believe a human had to be scarified for our sins?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People that grow up in Asia for the most part are never introduced to Christianity.
Taoism has a lot of philosophical resemblances to Christianity. Taoists attempt to follow "the way." I think George Lucas stole that concept as 'the force' from Star Wars. The way is like a river of positive energy, living your life well is like flowing on that river. Making poor choices is like trying to swim against that current. In Christianity, Jesus said ' I am the way, the truth, the light." Religions tend to get pissed off when you point out their similarity to other religions, but I still think those similarities are remarkable.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes we all die. But why do we have to believe that a human sacrifice even had to be made to begin with? People that grow up in Asia for the most part are never introduced to Christianity. So they are all going to burn in hell because they don't believe a human had to be scarified for our sins?
That's a very general statement that doesn't go into specifics. Namely, the concept of hell is eternal punishment for sin rather than something that's whimsical. When someone is believing in Jesus Christ, then a spiritual transaction is taking place where the person's sins are passed to Jesus to be judged on the cross and that person no longer is liable to go to hell. Then there is also the type of punishment in hell has to be on some level based on the type of sin or issues. Hell means separation from God for eternity, but it may not necessarily mean that every person has the same level of punishment in such a place. So in all fairness, people generally get what they justly deserve from a just and holy God and there is no escape from that except this offer of salvation.

In terms of what else you are saying, since you do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God who rose from the dead, lived among us for 40 days after the resurrection and was witnessed by 500 people during this time, there is no point to address any of your other concerns. The resurrection is fundamental belief. If you do not believe that Jesus rose from the dead then it defeats the whole point as it's not just based on His death on the cross.
Jesus Christ never sinned and therefore could not be held ultimately liable to death or to hell, as we would be without intervention.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In terms of what else you are saying, since you do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God who rose from the dead, lived among us for 40 days after the resurrection and was witnessed by 500 people during this time, there is no point to address any of your other concerns. The resurrection is fundamental belief. If you do not believe that Jesus rose from the dead then it defeats the whole point as it's not just based on His death on the cross.
Jesus Christ never sinned and therefore could not be held ultimately liable to death or to hell, as we would be without intervention.
I am not so sure about this. Ask yourself why the Incarnation happened when it did. There seems to have been conditions in place historically to make the reception of the divine message favorable. I mean, the Greeks had developed rational thought, and were busy enquiring about the nature of reality, and the Romans had a developed civilization, and the roads by which the message could be spread. Not to mention of course the Jewish tradition, without which the Cross would be nonsensical. All of this adds up to a Providence at work, both in the Jewish and Gentile worlds, preparing human nature for the Revelation.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a very general statement that doesn't go into specifics. Namely, the concept of hell is eternal punishment for sin rather than something that's whimsical. When someone is believing in Jesus Christ, then a spiritual transaction is taking place where the person's sins are passed to Jesus to be judged on the cross and that person no longer is liable to go to hell. Then there is also the type of punishment in hell has to be on some level based on the type of sin or issues. Hell means separation from God for eternity, but it may not necessarily mean that every person has the same level of punishment in such a place. So in all fairness, people generally get what they justly deserve from a just and holy God and there is no escape from that except this offer of salvation.

I actually never said I didn't believe. I am questioning though and that is why I posted. Your last paragraph seems to contradict your first one though.. the whole rhetoric of if you don't believe Jesus rose from the dead there is no point blah blah blah blah Aren't good Christians supposed to spread the word of God? That's a pretty weak attempt there buddy.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually never said I didn't believe. I am questioning though and that is why I posted. Your last paragraph seems to contradict your first one though.. the whole rhetoric of if you don't believe Jesus rose from the dead there is no point blah blah blah blah Aren't good Christians supposed to spread the word of God? That's a pretty weak attempt there buddy.
Who are you to decide what a good christian is?
Suppose to spread the word of God?!
Typical. Just a trouble maker.
Your shaming tactics are futile.

I am a christian but would have no problem punching you around a bit for your agenda.

Quite a bit, a lot. And i would enjoy it, teaching you how to behave.
People like you who are a cancer trying to sprea poison need a whooping to learn how to behave.

This is matter of fact. I have no emotions on your insolence.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who are you to decide what a good christian is?
Suppose to spread the word of God?!
Typical. Just a trouble maker.
Your shaming tactics are futile.

I am a christian but would have no problem punching you around a bit for your agenda.

Quite a bit, a lot. And i would enjoy it, teaching you how to behave.
People like you who are a cancer trying to sprea poison need a whooping to learn how to behave.

This is matter of fact. I have no emotions on your insolence.
Mark 16:15-16

I think you need real world therapy as opposed to divine intervention though ;)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So is this how this thread is going to end? With a professing "christian" telling another member that he would like to thrash him around?

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mark 16:15-16

I think you need real world therapy as opposed to divine intervention though ;)
Nope. This Christian is a sinner and warrior of God. I have no problem doing the dirty work needed.
Put a baby in my arms and i will love and care for it with compasion.

Put an evil child molestor in front of me and I will make sure to break his back so he never walks again, and i will sleep like a baby.

Put you in front of me and I will punch you around like the bully wanna be shamer you are.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So is this how this thread is going to end? With a professing "christian" telling another member that he would like to thrash him around?
The guy is a troll trying to spew cancer and condemn God.

I have no problem minding my own business until the bully needs to be put in his place.
No problem.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The troll isn't here for answers he is here to cause trouble.

He slipped with his shaming tactics.

Like a cheating spouse, I have no reserves of compassion left for lowlifes who purposely hurt or ruin others lives.

Words or physicality all results in the harming of one's soul. His words same as my physical response.

The body stays but the soul remains.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is purposely hurting and ruining lives? How so? What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.