Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It is hard being a Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was born a warrior for God in many ways. I've always known this inside.
Shamefully this human genetic programming has stifled me and made me yearn for a wife and family. It sucks.
Nothing wrong with that. The family is a basic tenet of Christianity.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I guess. I was raised in a very religious family, homeschooled, Bible camp, youth group. But I don't practice anymore. I do have certain values that i can't help but have.
Hey Soflobro, could you expound on this? Why did you turn away from it?

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I guess. I was raised in a very religious family, homeschooled, Bible camp, youth group. But I don't practice anymore. I do have certain values that i can't help but have.
I hope yku still believe in God the creator though.

Remember, religions are human beings interpretations so they will vary and some parts i dont agree with.

I fought that for awhile. Then i realized i just need to work on my connection with God.

Which shamefully seems to bein shambles right now.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was born a warrior for God in many ways. I've always known this inside.
Shamefully this human genetic programming has stifled me and made me yearn for a wife and family. It sucks.
Yeah...most people do not know the nature of God because they don't read the Bible,for instance God does NOT love everybody.God hated Esau before he was even born before he had done anything good or bad (Romans 9:11) or Jacob I loved,but Esau I hated (Romans 9:13) If you are "outside" of Christ God hates you plain and simple.They simply do not understand the SOVEREIGNTY of God.God is sovereign over everything including whether or not you spend eternity in heaven with him or burn in the lake of fire for all time and eternity screaming your tonsils out....

logicallefty

Reaction score
I'm not a Christian, I am Agnostic. I do own a Bible that was given to me when I was 12. Whenever I get a notion to read it I go straight to these verses first, to remind myself that the world is not supposed to be the way it is today:

Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands
Ephesians 5:23 - For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church
Corinthians 14:34 - Women are to be silent in churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says

You wanna get a "Christian" woman fired up, quote these above to her and watch. She will tell you that the entire Bible is correct but verses like this are "wrong"

Logicalleftians 1:00 - "As the man spoke to the woman about how the Bible said to behave, smoke and fire emerged from every hole in her weak body, just like that of Satan from the bowels of he||".

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ns 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands
Ephesians 5:23 - For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church
Corinthians 14:34 - Women are to be silent in churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says
"Real Christianity is very red pill...especially Calvinism.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a Christian, I am Agnostic. I do own a Bible that was given to me when I was 12. Whenever I get a notion to read it I go straight to these verses first, to remind myself that the world is not supposed to be the way it is today:

You wanna get a "Christian" woman fired up, quote these above to her and watch. She will tell you that the entire Bible is correct but verses like this are "wrong"

Logicalleftians 1:00 - "As the man spoke to the woman about how the Bible said to behave, smoke and fire emerged from every hole in her weak body, just like that of Satan from the bowels of he||".
I am having a real problem with most American churches right now, especially in suburban areas. My own particular church has taken a hard-line stance against gay marriage, but the pastor is very quick to be liberal when it comes to race relations and women in leadership positions.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, real Christianity is indeed red pill. God created us and he knows how we function and how we are wired, and what roles we were created for.

A lot has been said in this thread about Christianity, and we should consider what biblical Christianity really is.

There is "nominal christianity", and there is Christianity. Nominal christians are christians by self-definition and in name only. It's simply a label that is used just because they were born into a family that calls itself "christian".

Real Christianity is recognition that we answer to a Higher Authority who must judge us for our sin, and who provided a way for us to clear our accounts with him. Authentic Christians are followers of Christ. That means they have recognized that it is utterly impossible to earn one's way into heaven, and have submitted themselves before God, repented of their sin, and strive to live by biblical principles the best they can at any given point in their lives.

Sin kills. God says that "The wages of sin is death". Many people think that God must be mean to hold us accountable, since according to scripture, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Why doesn't he just erase our debt and clear us?

It's because he can't. He may want to, but he cannot. Just as a human judge would be considered evil if he let criminals go, so would God be evil if he didn't deal with sin. Since we all sin, every last one of us, he has provided a way for us to wipe the slate clean. It's faith in Christ, nothing more. Having faith in Christ represents our submission to God's declarations and his ways. We recognize that earning his approval is entirely impossible.

Many say that there are many paths to God, and all religions lead to God. Scripture says different, and so does common sense. If there is one Creator, it would make sense that he himself should tell us how to approach him in order to relate to him. He wouldn't allow us to imagine all sorts of ways, and to imagine who he really is. This is called idolatry. Look at the story of Cain and Abel. Even though Cain offered God a sacrifice of his best crops, he was rejected by God because God told Cain how he should be approached, and what to sacrifice (a lamb). Cain had a "better" idea, and look where that got him. We often think we have a better way than God's. That is the incredible arrogance of mankind. Each man, in his natural state, believes himself to be god and the final authority of what is right and what is wrong.

In today's world, when someone declares themselves to be "Christian", that is meaningless until you observe how they conduct themselves and until they further explain they are submitted to Christ. Anything other than that is "nominal christianity". A meaningless label.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am having a real problem with most American churches right now, especially in suburban areas. My own particular church has taken a hard-line stance against gay marriage, but the pastor is very quick to be liberal when it comes to race relations and women in leadership positions.
Ala carte Christianity

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I implore you to learn of the universe, science itself is proof of God.

My mom would support those verses. She is by no means a pushover yet she knew her place along side of my dad, not stepping on top of him like these chit women today.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting... I am dating a quite conservative and sheltered hardcore Christian girl (no sex before marriage, no moving in before marriage, pro-life, church every week, prayers every day etc) . Recently, Christianity became an issue in the relationship... for her.

Note: The last part of the paragraph might be the quick and useful information of my thread and advice seeking for you guys

She had family issues, dad issues, they are around 12 (siblings), they grew in a ''us'' versus the ''world'' and 2 of her sisters have become nun at 30, her friends are just her family, grew in poverty. Her uncle and aunt family are more ''like a normal middle-class family with good and well-paid professional job'' but also hardcore Christians. All of them are hardcore Christians.

My LTR: She has a stable and good professional job, she's submissive, traditional, love the 50's style of dressing, dancing, smartest women around and you can have great conversations, she's also cute looking (totally attractive) with a great body. Quite an improvement from all my previous LTR... every day I see her and every time we talk she fills me of joy and more love (finally a girl you can talk philosophy,science, religion, etc..) ... so I am happy of about my self-improvement and having her in my life

She had a hard life, she has issues, she is strong and always had to fight to make it. She's the only example of success in her family of a stable, committed, no where I am going, got a good job person. She's working hard to help all her siblings. Only admiration for her. She's stubborn, strong-willed, and can quite have some anger that she manages.

I see the importance of Christianity and Jesus... after 3 months of dating: She did mention how her parents were fine with her dating a ''non-believer'' but she came to tears mentioning ''I never thought I would date a non-Christian Von'' ... this weekend, she wanted me to go to a seminar about Christian theology and girls. My answer: ''no, got more important stuff to do, like studying for my business and don't need others to tell me how to handle US''

We never had 1 single fight in 7 months. Only 2 angry moments (the first one because she thought I was pushy about being physical) and the 2nd was this weekend: ''About how she is sad that I was not Christians, how are we going to raise our kids since she believes in this and that but not me, how she wants our house to be a house of prayer, how people are ****ed up since they lost the Church, kids to be raised Catholics and no-sex before Mariage, etc.. (she's a nurse... so she sees every day old people being abandoned by their family for being old and sick but also unproductive, etcc)''... what I saw from this episode from her: 1) how I am doing a good job at seducing her (I am serious about her) and 2) her feelings are getting bigger for me and she's becoming serious... 3) Some of her issues are blowing up as sh!ttest too. PS: Gotta mention, I am her first BF or first BF/GF among her and the siblings.

I calmed her down, reassured her, discussed (and the night ended well)... the next day I got a message about how an awesome weekend we had, we will build a future together with some help, and we have to find time to study together, have a good day etc..

I replied: Yes, we are building something and it must be on valid and respectful foundations. I will make it a good day and wish her the same. (Plus send me her dress size and that I sent her a funny salsa video)... since then NC (she works at night this week).

My issue is this: She's starting to feel crushed by my ''non-christian way'' which is a big asset in her life. Added that I am behaving in a way she was taught it wasn't a way of dating or screening for marriage and that she's also exposed this behaviour through my friends/clients/parents that are all non-believers typical people living happily, with the same partner for years and DECADES (with kids etc) in harmony (and they, of course, aren't married).. .thus only positive stuff from the non-believers... It's clashing with her upbringing (she can't believe other ways than the Catholic Truth can work and it's the first time she experiences it close). I know she's dating me cause 1) she around 30 (biological clock) 2) couldn't find a real christian 3) wanted to expand her horizons

Personally, I find believers like any religions (ANY) who are extreme to be really pushy in the promoting the Truth... quite disrespectful and hypocrite too because often they go to a total lack of ''respect'' for the non-believers (especially those open to it) and actually this ''total lack'' goes against their very own teaching.

I value her and her religion, respect her at all cost (I only need to know the relationship is progressing and going somewhere)... but I see how exposing her to the real world of dating and diversity. The fact: I am positive in her life yet so '''from a different world'' is making it difficult for her... while so many believers are experiencing ''pain'' or how her ways have yet to deliver ''good from the expectations'' from what she lived in her family, her extended family, etc..

She did mentions already expecting the worst in our relationship (fights etc...)

For me, I am open to her religion, her belief, but I expect to be respect in how I live it, how I do it, where I am going... she has everything I seek in a partner including the room for improvement. Glad to be with her, but I need someone who's serious, respectful, and with a common vision

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting... I am dating a quite conservative and sheltered hardcore Christian girl (no sex before marriage, no moving in before marriage, pro-life, church every week, prayers every day etc) . Recently, Christianity became an issue in the relationship... for her.

Note: The last part of the paragraph might be the quick and useful information of my thread and advice seeking for you guys

She had family issues, dad issues, they are around 12 (siblings), they grew in a ''us'' versus the ''world'' and 2 of her sisters have become nun at 30, her friends are just her family, grew in poverty. Her uncle and aunt family are more ''like a normal middle-class family with good and well-paid professional job'' but also hardcore Christians. All of them are hardcore Christians.

My LTR: She has a stable and good professional job, she's submissive, traditional, love the 50's style of dressing, dancing, smartest women around and you can have great conversations, she's also cute looking (totally attractive) with a great body. Quite an improvement from all my previous LTR... every day I see her and every time we talk she fills me of joy and more love (finally a girl you can talk philosophy,science, religion, etc..) ... so I am happy of about my self-improvement and having her in my life

She had a hard life, she has issues, she is strong and always had to fight to make it. She's the only example of success in her family of a stable, committed, no where I am going, got a good job person. She's working hard to help all her siblings. Only admiration for her. She's stubborn, strong-willed, and can quite have some anger that she manages.

I see the importance of Christianity and Jesus... after 3 months of dating: She did mention how her parents were fine with her dating a ''non-believer'' but she came to tears mentioning ''I never thought I would date a non-Christian Von'' ... this weekend, she wanted me to go to a seminar about Christian theology and girls. My answer: ''no, got more important stuff to do, like studying for my business and don't need others to tell me how to handle US''

We never had 1 single fight in 7 months. Only 2 angry moments (the first one because she thought I was pushy about being physical) and the 2nd was this weekend: ''About how she is sad that I was not Christians, how are we going to raise our kids since she believes in this and that but not me, how she wants our house to be a house of prayer, how people are ****ed up since they lost the Church, kids to be raised Catholics and no-sex before Mariage, etc.. (she's a nurse... so she sees every day old people being abandoned by their family for being old and sick but also unproductive, etcc)''... what I saw from this episode from her: 1) how I am doing a good job at seducing her (I am serious about her) and 2) her feelings are getting bigger for me and she's becoming serious... 3) Some of her issues are blowing up as sh!ttest too. PS: Gotta mention, I am her first BF or first BF/GF among her and the siblings.

I calmed her down, reassured her, discussed (and the night ended well)... the next day I got a message about how an awesome weekend we had, we will build a future together with some help, and we have to find time to study together, have a good day etc..

I replied: Yes, we are building something and it must be on valid and respectful foundations. I will make it a good day and wish her the same. (Plus send me her dress size and that I sent her a funny salsa video)... since then NC (she works at night this week).

My issue is this: She's starting to feel crushed by my ''non-christian way'' which is a big asset in her life. Added that I am behaving in a way she was taught it wasn't a way of dating or screening for marriage and that she's also exposed this behaviour through my friends/clients/parents that are all non-believers typical people living happily, with the same partner for years and DECADES (with kids etc) in harmony (and they, of course, aren't married).. .thus only positive stuff from the non-believers... It's clashing with her upbringing (she can't believe other ways than the Catholic Truth can work and it's the first time she experiences it close). I know she's dating me cause 1) she around 30 (biological clock) 2) couldn't find a real christian 3) wanted to expand her horizons

Personally, I find believers like any religions (ANY) who are extreme to be really pushy in the promoting the Truth... quite disrespectful and hypocrite too because often they go to a total lack of ''respect'' for the non-believers (especially those open to it) and actually this ''total lack'' goes against their very own teaching.

I value her and her religion, respect her at all cost (I only need to know the relationship is progressing and going somewhere)... but I see how exposing her to the real world of dating and diversity. The fact: I am positive in her life yet so '''from a different world'' is making it difficult for her... while so many believers are experiencing ''pain'' or how her ways have yet to deliver ''good from the expectations'' from what she lived in her family, her extended family, etc..

She did mentions already expecting the worst in our relationship (fights etc...)

For me, I am open to her religion, her belief, but I expect to be respect in how I live it, how I do it, where I am going... she has everything I seek in a partner including the room for improvement. Glad to be with her, but I need someone who's serious, respectful, and with a common vision
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common?or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 She is not a Christian at all if she is with an unbeliever is my point,don't buy it for one second.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common?or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 She is not a Christian at all if she is with an unbeliever is my point,don't buy it for one second.
Maybe she is what he needs to open his heart and eyes to the LORD

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you really like her, and want to get married, why don't you show some interest in her Church. Start at the pragmatic level.... which is always the best place to start as opposed to the ideological one.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to think about this for a couple days. If I'm to be honest, it partially due to feeling resentful towards my parents. But i also think because it was basically forced on me my whole life and it was something I had to just go through the Motions of.

I don't know if I ever really felt a connection with God. I've thought about it and I feel like I dont really believe, but at the same time it's not right to deny him so i wont do that. But at the same time i just don't know. Im definitely not against Christians, I've experienced first hand all the good members of this religion have done. Go to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen, 99% of those are funded and run by Christian organizations, not the state, definitely not atheists.

So even if their is no God, Christianity is a very positive thing in the world and is part of the foundation of our society. It's the reason why the west has the best culture that everyone flocks to.
Don't resent your parents.
As a parent myself that is what good parents do, bombard our kids with positive things even if overwhelming at least they cared enough to teach you.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ultimately, yes, but not down here. The "Prince of this World" is not Jesus, quite the opposite, actually. OP sounds disgusted with humanity, but humanity being disgusting is a constant theme of the Bible, from beginning to end.
This takes faith to activate.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...most people do not know the nature of God because they don't read the Bible,for instance God does NOT love everybody.God hated Esau before he was even born before he had done anything good or bad (Romans 9:11) or Jacob I loved,but Esau I hated (Romans 9:13) If you are "outside" of Christ God hates you plain and simple.They simply do not understand the SOVEREIGNTY of God.God is sovereign over everything including whether or not you spend eternity in heaven with him or burn in the lake of fire for all time and eternity screaming your tonsils out....
If God is sovereign over everything then I wouldn't be writing a reply that suggests that He is not. God hated Esau may mean that he simply choose Jacob over Esau. From what I understand between the two brothers, Esau was a profane person that didn't care about spiritual things and fornicator while his brother was more of a momma's boy that understood spiritual values. Nobody told Esau to sell his birthright over some meal. If you read how the story plays out then you'll understand it's a matter of what the character and values of each of these two characters are.

The Bible says that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, what WHOSOEVER believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life". This is John 3:16. The Bible also says that God wills for everyone to be saved and nobody to end up in hell.
2 Peter 3:9. Therefore, if God was 100% Sovereign, then based on these verses alone, everyone would be saved. This means that whatever is opposing God's will (i.e. stubborn human will, the demonic realm, etc...) is frustrating that intent.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah, with no fault divorce and a woman that can pull the plug on a marriage and ask for divorce at any time sort of defeats the purpose.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If God is sovereign over everything then I wouldn't be writing a reply that suggests that He is not. God hated Esau may mean that he simply choose Jacob over Esau. From what I understand between the two brothers, Esau was a profane person that didn't care about spiritual things and fornicator while his brother was more of a momma's boy that understood spiritual values. Nobody told Esau to sell his birthright over some meal. If you read how the story plays out then you'll understand it's a matter of what the character and values of each of these two characters are.

The Bible says that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, what WHOSOEVER believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life". This is John 3:16. The Bible also says that God wills for everyone to be saved and nobody to end up in hell.
2 Peter 3:9. Therefore, if God was 100% Sovereign, then based on these verses alone, everyone would be saved. This means that whatever is opposing God's will (i.e. stubborn human will, the demonic realm, etc...) is frustrating that intent.
To suggest that God is not 100% sovereign is absurd,God is 100% sovereign or he is not God.Correcter you can reply suggesting God is not sovereign all you want,evil things happen every day especially by reprobates,God does not need anybody.The Bible is crystal clear that God hated Esau BEFORE he was born so his purpose in ELECTION might stand.(you are either elect or you are not,this was decided before the world was created) I also noticed you did not bring up all the verses on PREDESTINATION that are found in God's holy word ( guess you are just going to avoid those ;))The " whosoever" you speak of in John 3:16 in the original Greek simply means "all the believing".There is an excellent video on Youtube by Dr.James White explaining Romans Chapter 9 giving the full Exegesis it's called James White's Exegesis of Roman's 9 (2015)

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I find the Calvinist doctrine of pre-destination abhorrent. I would classify it as one of the first ideologies [heresies] that have plagued the modern world. And yet the other extreme, that all will one day share in eternal bliss before an all forgiving God, I find equally appalling. For the God of the Scriptures is truly a terrible God, one that floods and destroys the entire earth, and requires for redemption, His own Being, in the person of Christ, to be sacrificed by His own creatures.

There is always a tension in faith, almost appearing a contradiction to our facile reason, where we must complete it in fear and trembling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.