You're the catch, or lose the ego? Contradiction on this forum

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ego is a set of narratives constructed on external feedback. Self-confidence is derived internally. Thinking I'm the prize from an egotistical perspective is very different from thinking I'm the prize from a genuine place of self-regard.

One demands recognition & validation & experiences shame from perceived slights. The other is irreducible. From a place of genuine self esteem, other people not viewing you as the prize would have approximately the same effect as someone telling you the sky wasn't blue. You wouldn't argue with them, you wouldn't try to change their minds, you'd laugh it off and be like Wtf. What a strange little weirdo and go on with your day, enjoying the blue skies.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, perhaps you didn't read the stuff that I have read on here, but basically you leave your ego at home. Sure, feel great about yourself and know that these plebs aren't as good or high value as you. But, you don't let it get in the way of what you do. Take Neil for example. Dude's got an ego so great that I've made him look like a butthurt 9 year old tons of times. Don't do that. But at the same time, you don't want to be like this guy http://www.npr.org/2009/07/27/111091624/homeless-man-leaves-behind-surprise-4-million

Enjoy who you are and be your own biggest fan because no one else is gonna give you a dancing orchestra. But you don't flaunt anything either, it's supposed to seem like it's just natural to you. For example, let's say you are absolutely ripped. If girls didn't realize you were but then suddenly see you without your shirt on, they're gonna be gawking at you. If you act like your body is no big deal and don't even take notice of it, then they will admire you so much more. Why? Because it kinda makes them think, 'wow, if that's nothing to him, then I wonder what really is a big deal to him'. You can still be c0cky, but be funny about it so that people don't think you are taking yourself too seriously.

It's more about knowing when is the right time to act humble or be a little bit overconfident. You just gotta know when.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ego is a set of narratives constructed on external feedback. Self-confidence is derived internally. Thinking I'm the prize from an egotistical perspective is very different from thinking I'm the prize from a genuine place of self-regard.

One demands recognition & validation & experiences shame from perceived slights. The other is irreducible. From a place of genuine self esteem, other people not viewing you as the prize would have approximately the same effect as someone telling you the sky wasn't blue. You wouldn't argue with them, you wouldn't try to change their minds, you'd laugh it off and be like Wtf. What a strange little weirdo and go on with your day, enjoying the blue skies.
/end thread

The easily discernible difference is the ego needs to be fed, either by praying on the weak or seeking validation from outside sources.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe turn the question on it's head, insomuch as, how many successful people do you know that have low confidence and self worth?
But is that confidence the cause of them being successful or the result?

You guys and your magical/positive thinking = massive success shyt has no basis in reality whatsoever.
That's "The Secret", isn't it? As you think, so shall you become? I'm cynical about that concept myself, although I think there is some value in it, even if it isn't completely and literally true. In any case, I wouldn't use it as an excuse to remain negative.

This is an interesting thing to ponder. Now that I have an abundance of money I make (as opposed to previously making ends meet), I sometimes have no clue what to do with my money other than stuff it in the bank.
Not sure what kind of money you're talking about, but you might start investing toward an early retirement, if such a thing appeals to you.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure what kind of money you're talking about, but you might start investing toward an early retirement, if such a thing appeals to you.
It's not a ton of money. I just find myself having extra cash. I'm hoping in the next few years to increase that extra cash, reduce my living expenses, and work toward an early retirement.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
No. I don't feel the need. And to be fair, the three of you are clearly quite intelligent people and do have some interesting insights from time to time, just like most others. So I'd rather not. I see dynamic has been banned anyway.
Then why did you just say we were worthless then lol? And yes, Da Dynamically got banned because apparently, the Moderators are the ones with the real "EGOs". One of the reasons this website's quality is going to shyt. You kick out the quality posters with good content, and leave the frauds, trolls, and fake alpha male chest thumpers on this website.

That type of anonymity of the forum facilitates frank discussion about things that we can control (i.e. the game, field work, mindset etc) without being blinded by things we can't control (looks, money, b!tches).
Explain why you think you have no control over your looks and finances? As you know I preach to fix your looks, personality/game and finances, to be a total "attractive" man. I say strive to be at least a 6 out of 10. So you might be a 7 in Looks, 6 in Personality, and 6 in Finances, for a collective average of 6.3 which means if you go out and PLAY the numbers game......you will do well with women and build up plates.

I don't have the type of money that Neil has for example, and I would like more of it. I am working towards that. But I don't sit here crying about the fact that Neil takes home pretty much 10 times what I do. I focus on positivity and know that I am still a prize in my own right, even though there are infinitely wealthier men here, there and everywhere.
Why do you call it crying, just because you want something that you don't have, but don't know how to get it?

- Sir, go check out my Health and Fitness thread. When I was trying to find a way to get my 6 pack, I yelled, screamed, and kicked to find the answer. Go read the thread, you'll see it.

- In my Career, when I don't know the answer to something and can't find it....you know what I do? I yell, kick, scream, and STALK the right people until I find the answer.

The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the oil. You go ahead and keep sitting there all calm, cool, and collected, knowing that you are lacking information that NEIL might have, instead of STALKING the fvck out of Neil or anybody else until you get the answer. Who cares if you come off annoying? All the fvck that matters is winning the game.

This is another reason I HATE this Positive Thinking shyt. It makes you guys feel as though everything is "ok". It makes you feel as though everything will just "work itself out". NO the fvck it won't.

Every gawd damn thing that you want in this life of value/merit, you are going to have to FIGHT for it. You are going to have to annoy the FVCK out of people to give you a chance, to give you access, to partner with you, to close a deal, to give you information, etc., etc.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You kick out the quality posters with good content, and leave the frauds, trolls, and fake alpha male chest thumpers on this website.
Those guys, regardless of their input, get locked out because they can't control their mouths. Little or no decorum, in some instances. Like it or not, malicious internet content is now frowned upon. Though I'm reasonably open minded about freedom of speech and let the name calling etc slide, whatever, it promotes the wrong message. Go in to a club, an office of work, sh!t even a supermarket and start running your mouth uncontrolled, you'll be kicked out of those places too. There are plenty of spots on the internet that we can go (and I do) to run our mouths. But this just may not be the ideal spot. We're here to act as men, not stroppy teenagers.

This is another reason I HATE this Positive Thinking shyt. It makes you guys feel as though everything is "ok". It makes you feel as though everything will just "work itself out". NO the fvck it won't.

Every gawd damn thing that you want in this life of value/merit, you are going to have to FIGHT for it.
Well I agree. Never let it be said that I or anyone else has learned all the lessons there are. Like I said, I'm going about it in a methodical and considered manner, such is the way for my chosen career. I'm not a natural salesman, entrepreneur or anything like that which is going to see me taking in six figure bonuses. But I do realise that I have to start viewing my progress with that similar tenacious attitude, even in my own line Then and only then will I start realising fuller potential.

So I take a leaf out of your book, and maybe you start assuming that life isn't so bad after all. If you know you're putting the work in anyway, what's the harm in applying a moment of optimism, every now and again?

Lastly, though you can't abide my positive vibe, you should be aiming higher than 6/10, both for yourself and your targets. The little I know of you, you have far more potential than that. Do with that what you want.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
So I take a leaf out of your book, and maybe you start assuming that life isn't so bad after all. If you know you're putting the work in anyway, what's the harm in applying a moment of optimism, every now and again?
The reason that I believe I keep getting misunderstood, is because my line of thinking isn't as used throughout society.

I'm a critical thinker, not a positive thinker and not a negative thinker. As a critical thinker, I don't see the world as ALL anything (all good or all bad). I believe you move through the world strategically, that is, you use what most would refer to as "negative thinking" to list out all of the risks, costs, and shyt that can go WRONG with something........then you use what most would refer to as "positive thinking" and you identify all of the potential gains, rewards, opportunities, and everything that can go RIGHT with something.

Then you create a strategic plan/process to acquire the potential rewards, while you mitigate the risks.....that's assuming the potential rewards are WORTH the risk.

So a perfect example of this is Marriage. Marriage isn't all good, it isn't all bad. All marriages don't turn to hell and all marriages aren't happily ever after either. But the reason Tenacity has opted out of marriage, is because the potential rewards (sex, companionship, and quality benefits from women) I'm already GETTING, which means Marriage just brings to my life all of the potential risks of the engagement without any real NEW gains.

Lastly, though you can't abide my positive vibe, you should be aiming higher than 6/10, both for yourself and your targets. The little I know of you, you have far more potential than that. Do with that what you want.
I would say I'm a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 right now and everyday I'm working on myself. But we have to celebrate the progress that we've made. I used to be a 3 out of 10 NOT that long ago.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
So which is it? Should I lose the ego and be a super real and down to earth person, or should I believe I'm better than everyone else in order to be more confident?
It depends who your audience is and what you are trying to sell. I've seen guys who have no job, no education, no home, trick a girl into marrying them and having a baby. I've seen guys with lot of money and cars and watches show off like crazy, and girls could care less.

It all depends what the situation is and what you are trying to do. Think big, promise them everything, get as much information from them as possible, play with their emotions, but give as little as possible. Remember, in life, you have manipulate, manipulate, manipulate, to get what you want. How do you think politicians line up their and their family pockets with people's money? How do you think actresses make millions? How do you think CEO's get rich? Because they are down to earth, super real, tell the truth, care about people? No. Because they tell people what they want to hear and manipulate to get what they want. o_O

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a critical thinker
Well, likewise. I work in clinical research, so It literally is my job to analyse every aspect of, well, everything really. Maybe the difference being, I have seen people in nearly every state of disrepair and sorrow there is, so I have to stay upbeat, or I'd just end up seriously losing my sh!t, which I nearly have a couple of times.

Meh. Marriage is marriage. Between my parents and their siblings, there are like 7 divorces. Fair to say I too am skeptical at best.

But we have to celebrate the progress that we've made.
There you go. That wasn't so hard was it :p

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Remember, in life, you have manipulate, manipulate, manipulate, to get what you want. How do you think politicians line up their and their family pockets with people's money? How do you think actresses make millions? How do you think CEO's get rich? Because they are down to earth, super real, tell the truth, care about people? No. Because they tell people what they want to hear and manipulate to get what they want. o_O
^^^ This. Yes. Now we are talking lol!

I keep trying to tell you guys that success is based on strategic planning (and even some form of manipulation like Trump presented). It's not based on some positive thinking, happy go lucky, being a good person type of feel goodery shyt lol.

It's about being strategic, using competitive advantages to your advantage, working within particular networks, cutting people/competitors OFF from particular channels/mediums, etc., etc.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I have one. I'm the manager at the strip club your GF dances at.
I knew it! Paradox is a house mom!

And it's as if you said "Like this if you're an unemployed stupid assh*le".

BTW - My girlfriend quit stripping and is close to her multi-millionaire father again. I got her off the path she was on by showing her what a lady she could be. Now I'm sure the same people who say "strippers = bad" will be SO happy to hear this!

Like I said guys (and fat ex-strippers in their 30's): get a job.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I work in clinical research, so It literally is my job to analyse every aspect of, well, everything really.
Have you analyzed what a hypocrite you are as you brag about anything you think sounds impressive while saying...

People like you. And Neil. And Da Dynamic. You're all sing the same old boring songs about 'b!tches' and looks and money and race and (dare I hit the rawest nerve) height...

Time to man up, sausage.
You forgot dating HB9's.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's both as some on this thread have stated. You have to understand your own worth and at the same time get over yourself.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you analyzed what a hypocrite you are as you brag about anything you think sounds impressive while saying...

You forgot dating HB9's.

So Neil. You go on about your six figure salary and post pictures of your gf, but I'm the one who's bragging...? You are acting out like some neurotic housewife this week. Chill the **** out already, would you.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about checks and balances. A healthy ego is what it is, but it needs to be checked and balanced by others, and other things, in life. Without that, you get distortion.

This question is only a problem to those of an overly theoretic and self-conscious bend of mind. This is itself the ego's play for power and domination at the expense of the wider socialized imaginative self. There needs to be a balance of power between the 'id, ego and super-ego', for we are both individuals and social animals.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
That's funny, because when I shared that I was thinking of seriously pursuing a girl in my social-circle, you publicly tried to shame me as the "cause of feminism" and get people to pile in.

When I said that I was approaching girls in the street, you said "your thirsy ass will get arrested".

And when I said that I don't need money to get laid (and never have), you called me "a deadbeat loser".

Why would anyone want to invest in a journal in order to be constantly subjected to that sort of idiocy?
- Number one, you were hitting on your cousin's girlfriend trying to fvck her behind his back.

- Then, yes, running up and down the street like the guy in the video chasing after chicks using corny pick up lines does look thirsty as hell.

- Nobody said you needed money to get laid, American women will fvck anything that makes them "smile" (including each other, which is why at least 70% of women are bisexual). Myself and "The Money Team" said you needed money to live an overall fulfilled life.

What is your purpose on this forum? What are you seeking to learn, seeking to improve on, etc.? You mentioned in my RANT thread that everything about your life is going PERFECT....so why are you here? Is it (like Poon King would say) to "teach men" what you believe they ought to know? If that's the case, why is it that you never create any threads with new tips?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The point being that your behaviour is the opposite of what you say you want.

And, if you are going to behave like a white-knight, then people are less likely to invest - not more. Get enough of this in real-life.

If the forum creates a journal section where we can have some sort of control over who gets to interact with it (no guests/non-members or white-knights viewing it or posting), then I will consider it.
I swear I go from being labeled an Extreme MGTOW to now being labeled a White Knight. Can you guys at least make up your minds as to what to call me?