Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You're at a party but you have no social proof/reputation.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Introduction:

OK I noticed something interesting. When I was at Homecoming everyone there of course loved me and I probably could have gotten a number or whatever if I wanted, but I'm not attracted to that sort of chick.

The other night though I was at this After Hours frat party (for the younger guys who probably don't know After Hours is a party which doesn't start before Midnight and ends at probably around 5AM or 6AM(7AM?)).

Situation:

Anyway, there were LOTS of hotties, but of course I have no reputation to help me, I am just an unknown who's there. After a few failed attempts to get my friends to dance on the stage(the room the party was in was very big and had a stage), I decide to groove it on the stage. I can't dance, but I pretend I know how and I have fun anyway(after all that's the point, right?). This gets a few positive responses but I don't try to pursue it further because I know I'll have to leave soon (it was Friday night but I had a final to study for the following Monday :mad: ). When I get off the stage I even got the attention of some other guys there who even asked me why I didn't manage to get a hottie, and then they pointed to one who they thought was into me(though I didn't think so, she was however the only one that night who pulled my shirt so I'd be closer to her and her friend). Why am I asking about this? Because it's the college chicks I'm after, not some ditzy 15 y/o. So my rep. at school doesn't matter in this case(although my rep at school IS very good).

The Question:

This can probably be best answered only by guys who go to the college party scene and most likely age 17-20.

Does my lack of rep. and seeming(at first)* like one of the bunch of guys hurt my cause significantly?

*Note: Of course my crazy outgoing nature sets me apart from the wallflowers at a party but that's not the initial situation.

Also, is doing crazy stuff(like my getting on the stage and dancing even when I didn't know anyone there) often a good way to be noticed there?

All constructive replies will be appreciated.

Abbott

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This would be right up my alley... although a good reputation would be really useful, in college it is not really necessary. Unless you get around quite a bit, you will pretty much be an unknown everywhere that you go... but that is the best part. As long as you are having fun, and just enjoying yourself, the girls will come. Doing things like dancing on the stage are very good attention getters because many guys @ parties would be too afraid to do it. Seems to me like you are on the right path... keep @ it.

sneaker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbott
Does my lack of rep. and seeming(at first)* like one of the bunch of guys hurt my cause significantly?

*Note: Of course my crazy outgoing nature sets me apart from the wallflowers at a party but that's not the initial situation.

Also, is doing crazy stuff(like my getting on the stage and dancing even when I didn't know anyone there) often a good way to be noticed there?

All constructive replies will be appreciated.

Abbott [/B]
at a relatively big college, your rep dont mean much at all unless your a football player or whatever.

doin crazy **** is good, just dont end up becoming a clown. dont come to the point where girls will be embarassed to be seen around you. also, learn how to dance. it does wonders

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I don't think it matters. I'm still in HS and my rep is just that of your average football player with most people (some don't even know), but do I care? No way!

A couple months ago my friends were throwing a party, and me and a couple buddies went there, but I didn't know most people. There were the football players and some others that I knew already, but that was it. I just went around a bit and tried to talk with people. I ended up talking for a while with two girls, but I didn't get their numbers or anything because I thought I'd see them later in the night, but they split early.

Anyway, I was almost unknown but I made small talk with people and I had lots of fun.

If it fits your personality, you can do crazy stuff, but like sneaker said, don't be a clown. Be Shawn Michaels, not Tommy Dreamer or Mankind. "I'M HARD CORE! I'M HARD CORE!" Won't get you girls... Well, it doesn't help me anyway.