Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your worst traveling experience

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Airports/Train/Bus/Car whatever! Your worst traveling experience.

Mine isnt so extreme, I was on the Metro bus when the engine shut off and I had to walk the rest of my destination lol

So post away :D

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was coming back home from the Philippines, we were heading to Taiwan to transfer to another plane heading to California, it took 2 hours to get there. I was like this isn't so bad, I'm not really looking forward to the 11 hour ride to America though. I asked my mom how long until our plane is gonna arrive, she said 8 hours. I was like wtf, I asked her why we chose a terrible schedule. She said it was the only available slot or something to that degree. Literally stayed in Taiwan the entire day in the airport, probably would have wandered around the city but we don't know a hint of Chinese. When we finally sat down, I was sitting by myself on the window side, and the next thing I know some old smelly and fat guy sits down beside me. The next 11 hours I'm trying to watch movies but this f@ggot kept on snoring so loud I couldn't concentrate on any of the movies I was watching. I tried blowing the headphones up but they were so terribly made that it made these static like sounds. We finally reach America, but then we find out that before we left the country, our frikkin visas expired. We had to sit through US customs for 3 hours before they gave us the OK and gave us a new visa. What sucks though is that besides my dad, we all lost our I-94s, which is almost like a proof of residency thing, which is causing almost all of my problems right now (can't go to school, can't work, can't drive). I called my friends when I finally came back, we smoked a blunt and drank 40's the entire night.

Let's see, literally wasted two days of my life, stayed in Taiwan for 10 more hours than I should have, sat beside the worst plane passenger ever, and almost got frikkin deported.

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Living with my initial host family in France (I switched to another family after a week). Can't even begin to explain...filthy little apartment with three demon cats that didn't know how to use a litter box and were infested with fleas...I counted and literally had 200+ fleabites on my feet after a week...and that's not counting the bites all over the rest of my body. The fleas lived in the mattresses and couches and everything, and there was no vacuum and for some reason they didn't think to get Frontline (or the French equivalent) to solve the problem...then twice in one week, one of the cats pissed all over my bed WHILE I WAS SLEEPING IN IT and the family didn't even apologize...the mom just said, "Yeah, he's afraid of the door on the litter box..." I mean, really...

Then, while I was in the shower one night, 8-10 extremely drunk Frenchmen burst into the flat and were trying to break down the rickety bathroom door, and my "family" didn't do anything to stop them...I just crouched down on the floor and cried, I hardly spoke a word of French at that point and was thoroughly miserable. The family didn't apologize for that either.

Other offenses: extremely annoying teenage host sister, a diet of TV dinners, and we never went outside or left the apartment, never mind that they lived next to one of the most beautiful beaches in the Brittany Region...we would literally watch 3-4 movies in one day, sitting on the flea-infested couch...

And then they got really offended when I decided to switch families! (My second family was wonderful, by the way.)

Definitely my worst travel experience.

My friend's had worse, though: she was taken hostage in Morocco.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
girl_in_a_boy_forum said:
Living with my initial host family in France (I switched to another family after a week). Can't even begin to explain...filthy little apartment with three demon cats that didn't know how to use a litter box and were infested with fleas...I counted and literally had 200+ fleabites on my feet after a week...and that's not counting the bites all over the rest of my body. The fleas lived in the mattresses and couches and everything, and there was no vacuum and for some reason they didn't think to get Frontline (or the French equivalent) to solve the problem...then twice in one week, one of the cats pissed all over my bed WHILE I WAS SLEEPING IN IT and the family didn't even apologize...the mom just said, "Yeah, he's afraid of the door on the litter box..." I mean, really...

Then, while I was in the shower one night, 8-10 extremely drunk Frenchmen burst into the flat and were trying to break down the rickety bathroom door, and my "family" didn't do anything to stop them...I just crouched down on the floor and cried, I hardly spoke a word of French at that point and was thoroughly miserable. The family didn't apologize for that either.

Other offenses: extremely annoying teenage host sister, a diet of TV dinners, and we never went outside or left the apartment, never mind that they lived next to one of the most beautiful beaches in the Brittany Region...we would literally watch 3-4 movies in one day, sitting on the flea-infested couch...

And then they got really offended when I decided to switch families! (My second family was wonderful, by the way.)

Definitely my worst travel experience.

My friend's had worse, though: she was taken hostage in Morocco.
Eww dude, that really disgusting just thinking about it, cats pissing in your bed?

I would have just left to the beach for the whole day, probably would have slept there too :p

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a beer and deer party once in the north Pennsylvania mountains. The next morning everyone had the worst sh!ts imaginable and the TP ran out. We had to drive back home in a tiny car and kept having to pull over on the PA turnpike to sh!t and puke in the woods. After a 2 hour trip getting back home to South Jersey, I had to go with my family back up the NJ turnpike to North Jersey for my grandma's birthday party. I had intense diarrhea pains the entire way up and my dad would scream at me for having to stop so much. Being in a car for 6 hours with intense bowel pain is the most uncomfortable experience, especially when you're not driving and the driver gets annoyed when you have to get out and sh!te.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.. I've travelled a fair bit so there have been plenty of pretty bad experiences along the way. One trip stands out though.

I was travelling with my family to visit family back in Eastern Europe. On the way there, we had an evening flight out. However there was some problem with the plane (ice on the flaps or something?) so we waiting for about 5 hours extra at the airport until after midnight, with nothing to eat except some really crappy 14 dollar sandwiches from some cafe that was in the terminal past security. At that point it was announced that the flight was moved to tomorrow and the airline as putting us in a hotel.

The hotel was alright, though it was about 2 am by the time we were able to get to bed. Then we were all woken up at 6 am and taken back to the airport, expecting the plane to be about ready for takeoff. Hah, yeah right! We did eventually take off, a full 24 hours late, and were woken up at 6 am just to sit at the airport until 8 pm.

If that wasn't fun enough, on our return home, at the last check before boarding, after we already checked our luggage and said goodbye to everyone, there was apparently some problem with our documents (BS...) and we were not allowed to board. So we were stuck there for another 4 days even though we all had work and school to get back to.

Since then I haven't been too keen to visit family there.

TheMoonMonst3r

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive done extensive traveling over Asia, Europe, and Africa. Morocco, however, stands out. I will never EVER go back to Morocco.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, we weren't really traveling anywhere, but it does involve a form of transport. Here in Kentucky we have a thing called "floating the river". Basically you go out in boats, innertubes, whatever and float down a river all while getting drunk. Redneck? Yes. Fun? Hell yes!

So my friends Ben, Nathan, and I decide to go float the river one day. We were gonna go with a bigger group of chicks, but Nathan is shy so we went by ourselves so he could have fun. We set out later in the day (later than we should have) despite forecasts of heavy rains. It looked nice outside, and we wouldn't be gone for too long, so we said "hell with it" and went anyway (foreshadowing lol).

So we get to the end of the river where we'll pull out and head for home and leave one truck, so we wouldn't have to walk all the way back to the other, and take off to where we'll drop in. Once there we take out the boat (small 3 man boat), load up the cooler with beer, and head down to the river. We jump in the boat and off we go.

Well my buddies bring a trolling motor hooked up to a car battery in case we don't feel like paddling. Like I predicted, within 30min. the battery was dead. Nathan, a natural worry-wart, begins to freak out that we won't reach the end before dark. Adding to his worries is the fact that Ben's already drunk and getting annoying (he was in it to win it lol). Nathan makes me promise I won't get drunk too as he needs a sober person he can talk to. I reluctantly promise.... but an hour later I'm drunk too:p .

A few hours pass and we're floating along having a ball. Out of nowhere we hit a submerged concrete bridge (3 inches below the surface) that campers cross their horses on. The boat gets stuck and Ben (still drunk) gets out to to free it. He steps out, misses the bridge and plunges into the water. A drain pipe under the bridge nearly sucks him under but I grab his arm and haul him back into the boat, surprisingly not tipping it in the process. Pheeewww, close call.

So we keep going, Ben and I are still drunk, and darkness is around the corner. Next thing we know it's pitch black and we can't see but 3 foot in front of us. Nathan's at the front guiding the boat, Ben and I are still getting ripped. All of the sudden I hear Nathan scream "Tree, everyone duck down". I duck down thinking the tree will go right over our heads. Wrong. The boat slams into the tree throwing me into the back of Nathan, and Ben into my back. The boat, pinned against a tree in heavy current, turns sideways.... bad news. Water starts to fill the boat, our cooler floats off, and being drunk and not that good a swimmer I abandon ship and jump to shore. Ben and Nathan put up a valiant fight, but the boat's lost.

So now we're all on shore walking the river waiting to hit a road. Thankfully it starts to rain (sarcasm). Nathan, still the worry-wart, thinks we should stay put citing "Trying to find a way out is how most people die". So to get him to stop his b#tching we stop. Next thing you know it's raining hard, we're sitting in the middle of a field of 4-foot-tall ragweed, and one of my flip-flops is broken:mad: .

Nathan gets cold and decides we should sit back to back. We have nothing to drink, our lighters are wet and don't work (no fire), and I have no cigarettes because I threw them in the water when my lighter screwed up. Next thing I know, both of them want to sleep and decide we should all spoon to stay warm (it was FREEZING). I reluctanly agree just to shut them up, and only if they promise to not tell anyone. So here we are, three straight guys, in a downpour, spooning in the mud. It rained ALL NIGHT.

The longest night of my life finally ends, and I see the sun start to come up. Now light, we find our way out. It turns out the mud bank we climbed getting of the river is overgrown in poison ivy. We eventually make our way back to the road an walk back to the truck. It turns out the truck was parked on the wrong branch of the river (f'n Ben swore up and down he knew what he was doing), and we should have stopped at the horse bridge..... three hours (river time) before we wrecked. So to sum it up, we all missed work and came out of the ordeal looking like POW's covered in mud and dried blood from random cuts and scrapes. All in all a horrible night

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All my worst traveling experiences have to do with that god damn greyhound.

On one trip the driver refused to continue from a rest stop because his windshield was dirty..(!?!?!?). He called in for another bus and we had to wait for 2.5 hours,making us late for the transfer bus, which in turn caused a 5 hour camp at the ghetto-as$ greyhound station in north carolina. One guy had to be restrained from beating the driver with a glass bottle, i was about to join him to be honest with you.
Another time the bus pulls up to the bus station and drivers walks out and tells me to put my cigarette out as i'm waiting to get on(not even close to the bus itself) to which my response was "i will when i'm about to board", then we got into an argument in which he threatened not to let me get on "his" bus.

On that same ride, somebody fvcked up the bathroom really bad and in addition to not having a restroom for in-between rest stops, it was impossible to breath the whole way until the transfer (over 15 hours...).. One young couple lost the ticket for their newborn baby(they had to have it to get on in the first place) and they made them get off the bus. On one of the rest stops somebody did not make it back to the bus on time(driver was literally counting the second till departure time) and the driver drove off without him, with that person's stuff still on the bus!! Then there was a random baggage check with police dogs and cops bossing everybody around and treating people like career criminals.

As you can tell i've done my share of greyhound travel when i was younger, and i have never seen such a group of rude, filthy people employed in one place.

It took all of my patience and restraint to not jack one of these as$holes in the face when they were being rude to me for no reason. Management doesn't give a sh1t either.

Employees are disgusting, people riding it are disgusting(not all but for the most part), nobody knows what's going on, and you really gotta watch your sh1t to make sure nobody jacks it.

I will NEVER get on another greyhound bus for as long as i'm alive. Now i either drive myself or fly(even if it is 4 times as expensive, its worth it)

:down:

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Levex said:
All my worst traveling experiences have to do with that god damn greyhound.

On one trip the driver refused to continue from a rest stop because his windshield was dirty..(!?!?!?). He called in for another bus and we had to wait for 2.5 hours,making us late for the transfer bus, which in turn caused a 5 hour camp at the ghetto-as$ greyhound station in north carolina. One guy had to be restrained from beating the driver with a glass bottle, i was about to join him to be honest with you.
Another time the bus pulls up to the bus station and drivers walks out and tells me to put my cigarette out as i'm waiting to get on(not even close to the bus itself) to which my response was "i will when i'm about to board", then we got into an argument in which he threatened not to let me get on "his" bus.

On that same ride, somebody fvcked up the bathroom really bad and in addition to not having a restroom for in-between rest stops, it was impossible to breath the whole way until the transfer (over 15 hours...).. One young couple lost the ticket for their newborn baby(they had to have it to get on in the first place) and they made them get off the bus. On one of the rest stops somebody did not make it back to the bus on time(driver was literally counting the second till departure time) and the driver drove off without him, with that person's stuff still on the bus!! Then there was a random baggage check with police dogs and cops bossing everybody around and treating people like career criminals.

As you can tell i've done my share of greyhound travel when i was younger, and i have never seen such a group of rude, filthy people employed in one place.

It took all of my patience and restraint to not jack one of these as$holes in the face when they were being rude to me for no reason. Management doesn't give a sh1t either.

Employees are disgusting, people riding it are disgusting(not all but for the most part), nobody knows what's going on, and you really gotta watch your sh1t to make sure nobody jacks it.

I will NEVER get on another greyhound bus for as long as i'm alive. Now i either drive myself or fly(even if it is 4 times as expensive, its worth it)

:down:
Lol, well these days planes are just greyhound buses with wings.

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMoonMonst3r said:
Ive done extensive traveling over Asia, Europe, and Africa. Morocco, however, stands out. I will never EVER go back to Morocco.
I'd like to hear about your experience in Morocco, if you wouldn't mind sharing.