"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

"your such a nice guy"

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
actually yes i am right. one of my friends that i dj'ed actually had very high IL in me, possibly even liked me, and i remember she saying something similar occasionally. like if i would 1 out of 10 times do something nice for her, she'd say "whyre u nice this time, ur usually mean to me."

another time i had this acquaintance call me on the phone after i did some **** to her in school. of course she said i was mean to her (pouty tone) and asked what i was doing. of course i was at work. but yea, if she didnt have high IL, she wouldnt call me and tell me.

back when i was an AFC i had this egotistic girl say "ohhh you're so nice or such a nice guy." so i know, i know.

so yea keep in mind, if a girl calls you mean in a pouty way. it's a good sign. usually when a girl says that, it means "keep up the work" . so continue what u have been doing to them and dont turn nice guy on them.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
When you think about it, being the 'nice guy' in pursuit of women is the worst of all possible worlds. You really like a woman and long for her but you effectively castrate yourself by acting asexually and non-threateningly.

She is made to feel uncomfortable because you are pursuing her but not in any sexual way she can recognise, and this creeps her out. This is why nice guys usually also get the line 'I think of you like a brother' or 'let's just be friends'.

The ONLY time a nice guy ever succeeds with women is if he's not actively pursuing a woman. For example, I hooked up with a couple of HB9s at uni simply because I thought they were 'out of my league' and because I didn't stand a chance I was just 'nice' to them without pursuing them. Needless to say neither relationship lasted long.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I've been thinking about this and I'm a nice person, but it's not because I'm a wuss or lack confidence. It's actually the opposite. I'm happy with myself and I have no reason to be a jerk.

So if a girl tells you you're "nice", tell her it's because you have nothing to prove and that you don't let anything get to you. Maybe it will let her see that your niceness is a sign of confidence.
 

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
You have to know ******** to understand what kind of 'nice' she means.

Sometimes when women call someone 'nice' they mean a great guy, but MOST of the time, in my experience, it means lame, over eager to please, and asexual.

I don't think any girls that were into me ever called me 'nice', but they did say things like 'you're good to me', 'you're always considerate' etc.
 

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2002
Messages
176
Reaction score
2
I've been thinking about this and I'm a nice person, but it's not because I'm a wuss or lack confidence. It's actually the opposite. I'm happy with myself and I have no reason to be a jerk.

So if a girl tells you you're "nice", tell her it's because you have nothing to prove and that you don't let anything get to you. Maybe it will let her see that your niceness is a sign of confidence.

-This is something us psych majors call "rationalization." :cool:
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top