Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your job is killing your masculinity

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
The_flying_dutchman said:
I work as a corporate accountant and I can tell you right now, in absolute 100% honesty that the job is fvcking MISERABLE!!!

I do get paid a handsome salary, but at the same time I work almost 12 hours a day, often 6 days out of the week. Yes, 12 hours, 6 days a week! Imagine working from 8:00AM to 8:00 PM at a job you despise... a job where you have to babysit overgrown childrend (adults, yeah right) because they are simply unaware of the financial impact of their actions...

Although I don't regret going into accounting as it's given me solid real world skills. I know that I have to find a way out of this game soon or risk losing my youth and health.

I would absolutely agree that corporate jobs kills your masculinity, your spirit, and your natural male instincts.
Then live.frugally for a few years, save as much as you can and find a job you will enjoy.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work at a recycling station in Sweden. In summary, this job is:

- Virtually no stress (no bosses on location which in itself is great and also means we can support each other when needed, steady employment, low intensity and light work and only when needed which also gives you time to study or whatever and it includes among other things driving a wheel loader which is fun, no personal quotas, I give orders to & supervise customers and not vice versa)
- Decent salary for being an unskilled job without required experience
- Variable working hours (you can work somewhere inbetween 28 and 40 hours a week with the 1 hour break a day any time we feel like it included) which means if you would rather work less so you have more time for other things like me, odds are good you can
- We work out in the free air supervising the station, which means in the summertime we are outside enjoying the sun which is a huge bonus in this middle-October to somewhere in March or April barren wasteland. And in the winter we are usually inside of the personnel building
- The only real negative to me is that we are relatively few people working the two stations, so there isn't much of a potential for getting a social circle through my job

I decided I was never going to work at a soul-sucking job that took more than it gave again last time I was unemployed simultaneously as I decided I was never going to stop strength training again. Best two decisions I've made. Now I can't see what other job could possibly be better than this for me except maybe when I get my higher education which is going to take a long time because of my f*ckups, and neither can anyone else who works there. Going from being a door to door/telephone salesman to this job feels like being on vacation and getting a breath of life over yourself.

Last edited:

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Not everybody is cut out to be an entrepreneur. Some people HAVE to work for somebody. For example, I'm good with technical stuff but will never have the sales or business talent that some others may have. Running my own business is just not going to happen. You need to work with your strengths. That said, I like my job.

Let's say you have an LCD cabe come loose from screen, a fix to that would be refitting it and putting some tape over connector. Technically you haven't done much, you'd take maybe $10 for it, because it only took you 5 minutes to fix. Difference between an entepreneur and just a worker is that entepreneur understands that the client is willing to pay a lot more. You can charge $100 for that job.

Let's say you have a phone and it won't charge. Price for micro USB connector replacement is $50. You notice that there is some grabage inside the connector, you remove it, clean it with benzeene and it begins to work. No replacement is needed. How much do you charge the client? The correct answer is $50, tell him you replaced the bad connector. A technical person wouldn't even bother taking money and would do it for free.

The only difference between a worker and a boss is that boss have enough immodesty to charge the client full price and pay his workers next to nothing.

Let's say you work for a company and you get paid $11 per hour for a total of $100 per day fixing televisions. Per day you fix roughly 10 televisions. Your boss takes $200 per television from the client. That means the company is making $2000 per day on you. You become an entrepreneur when you realize the equvation.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Op is right in some of the things he has to say

I fully support that overbearing women can be detrimental to a young males health,

For 2 days a week i work with 4 women and another guy ,they have completely and utterly beaten this guy into a quivering mess with 10 years worth of nagging , moaning and chatting sh1t

The worst part !?! .....he’s too scared to even consider leaving this situation , really is scary

Saying that what i see as absolute hell on earth some people see as the perfect comfort zone

I currently work in public services with the tax payers money and i would say for every 8 hour cycle i do 2 hours work ( if that some days)

The rest is spent lounging around browsing the internet , listening to people drone on about absolute crap and making coffee

It’s a relaxed environment but career progression doesn’t exist you have people sitting in the same role with the same salary for 20+ years , if i was in my 50’s i would happily spend my retirement here ticking along chucking money in the bank ,

but as a young man in his early 20’s i do have some ambition and i will be leaving here shortly as a result

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is fvking stupid. Let me tell you about two office roles Ive had in the past.

1. This role was for one of the most successful companies in its industry. Their main office was in the middle of the city, but I worked for their new branch 30 minutes into the suburbs.

This was my first real office gig out of college, so it was entry level, and you didnt really "take orders" per se. You had a daily productivity goal, and a goal for the quarter. My boss had been with the company for over a decade and was a really chill guy.

He was the type of guy that used to go to jam-fests and huge festivals. He'd listen to hippie music in one moment, then metal or hip hop in the next. He wasnt an overweight beta....just an average shape guy who always wanted the family life. He was an all round nice guy, and even when he had to give you an order or reprimand you, it was in a nice way. One of the best bosses I ever had.

I never ever had to ask to use the rest room. I went to the break room as I pleased, and I took lunch when I wanted to. He was also really cool about leaving early or coming in late when need be.

And to top this all off, the office environment was very liberal. As long as you dress business casual, they didnt mind visible tattoos or small piercings. As long as you covered and removed things when clients came by, it was all good. Super laid back in the suburbs office. Im not sure if the main city office was similar...as the executive officers were all down there. From the one time I was in the main office it did seem a little more strict.

2. This job was in the main office headquarters of a small manufacturing company. They are very profitable and well known to their industry. This job stunk and felt like some rules were straight out of the 50s. The atmosphere was old school and uptight. My immediate boss was a nice guy, and some might see him as a "beta"...but the upper management (executive officers) were all close by and a couple of them were real jackasses.

They scheduled everyones lunches and breaks at the same time (they had the office workers scheduled along side the bells used out in the factory). They were very strict about coming in late or leaving early (unless you were female). Upper management clearly flirted and favored the female staff. And despite all the money management made, they paid everyone else like crap.

I never got directly ordered around or yelled at...but I saw it happen to my immediate manager. And there were times when upper management gave him sh!t because they thought he needed to keep me in line more. A female supervisor did try giving me sh!t a couple times, and I didnt stand for it. That said, she got her attitude and character from how upper management ran things. Oh, and regarding the bathroom...I didnt have to ask to go...but the atmosphere made it that I was always as quick as possible.

Im so glad Im out of that place. In my experience, laid back bosses = happier and more productive workforce.

My final summation? The 2nd job I talked about, with the very alpha upper management, led to killing masculinity more so than any other job I had. The job killed my time, zapped my energy, decreased my morale...etc...etc. I was too tired or annoyed to deal with dating, working out, or eating properly.

The first job on the other hand, had a gym on the premises, decent benefits...a nice kitchen to prepare a decent meal, a bistro on the premises for good eating...and if it werent for my commute, Id have been able to date more.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_flying_dutchman said:
I work as a corporate accountant and I can tell you right now, in absolute 100% honesty that the job is fvcking MISERABLE!!!
Have you thought about a career change? I can relate to your post. I have a business degree which I'm not even using anymore. I used to be corporate IT, but hated it. I found out I'm not one of the folks who can be happy sitting behind a desk all day.

Now, I love my career. I work in the maritime industry, mostly construction related type jobs. It's all men, very physically demanding, and lot's of camaraderie. We can curse if we need to blow of steam, tell jokes without worrying about about losing our jobs. The work is hard, but fun, and we have lots of time off. We work 7 days in a row, lot's of hours, but then have 7 days off. I'm only at work half the year, and I've gone years without actually feeling like I need a vacation.

The pay isn't great, but the quality of life is there.

Anyway, my point is sometimes it's worth taking a chance at making a career change. It's tough at first to get established, like starting over, but life is way to short to be stuck doing a job that makes you miserable.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread boils down to: Do something that makes you happy. Sounds like common sense but it's astounding how many Americans hate their jobs.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I play basketball with some younger guys at my gym and they're always saying how they envy that I work for a fortune 500 company and how I'm living the type of life that they aspire to live....

...I think these guys have been watching too much Mad Men cause they seem to think everyone in corporate america comes to work wearing tailored suits, going for drinks during lunch, living an easy life, and banging the hottie secretary....

....it's BS television fantasy... most people in corporate america are fat bast@rds that dress like slobs... banging the hottie secretary??? Yeah, riiiiIIIIiiightt..... if you're a man and you so much as look at a woman the HR dept will haul you in and give you a talk about sexual harrassment and make you sign a form that if you do it again, you'll be fired....

I once gave a honest compliment to a female colleague about how she fit she was after giving birth....and yup, HR called my as$ in for a little talk....

It's hard to exude alpha characteristics in a modern company without reprucussion, in fact, corporate america is filled with a bunch of spineless beta males -- you ain't gonna find Don Draper working here.... men like Draper are extinct....

B

BlueAlpha1

I might have been a little vague in my post but I should have clarified there is NOTHING wrong with working for a company/someone else if you enjoy the work. Then, it's hardly even a "job", which is defined as short term work in exchange for money. When you look at any job in context it's something you'd prefer not to be doing by default. Now, a career or vocation can be very different.

If you work for someone else and like it, more power to you!

I'm primarily talking about the out of shape, over-tired, depressed "Everyman" working 9-5 or longer, taking orders from women and beta males and watching his talent go to waste. And as expected, based on the number of people backing me up here, it seems like this makes up the overwhelming majority of corporate jobs.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
^Yea, most of business owners I know are over-tired and out of shape, because of stress. I think work inspiration comes in waves, today maybe for the next several months a wave of good energy, but after awhile the work gets on you, be you working for someone or for yourself.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there's a little bit of the "grass is always greener" going on.

To hear a business owner tell it, being an employee is better.

The employee will say owning your own business would be better.

To hear a corporate white collar worker tell it, being a blue collar worker is better.

The blue collar work will say it'd be so nice to have a comfortable office job.

The single guy with no kids might say it'd be nice to just be married and have kids.

The married guy with kids might say never get married and never have kids.

And so on...No matter what you do, someone is going to say it sucks and the alternative is better lol.