Your hairstyle is MUCH more important than you think

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i've been cutting my own hair for a couple of years now...

...i did change my style recently though...and i agree with the original post/tip...definitely gets you more looks

if you gel it, pay good money for a good gel...don't buy cheap sh*t...it's worth the extra bucks

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pay good money for a good gel

recommendations?

also, about hair, I am noticing that most shampoo is crap. When you see someone with frizzy hair - more obvious on a chick - they are probably using bad shampoo. For cheap stuff, I like pert plus. My gay hairdresser said I have nice hair :D

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a gf that got me to change their hairstyle. Her friends all agreed it looked better spiky.

That being said i have it as it normally grows now.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
man ur hair sucks! Since when does greased back hair look gd?

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...3897&imageID=201557261&Mytoken=20050826084527

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...3897&imageID=199294772&Mytoken=20050826084527

spiked up hair like mine is the way to go.
I agree with this hair thing , i think that solid's style is good but i haven't done it and i want to do it but i can't , i mean i've bought all kinds of gel but my hair seems to go down ...how do you do it man ?? do you just gel it (what degree (wet look (i usually get it ) , hold , mega-hold ) what brands also other than l'oreal ...

benassi

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol **** guys, you should be talkin to me about this ..

http://myspace-921.vo.llnwd.net/00153/12/99/153099921_l.gif

http://myspace-468.vo.llnwd.net/00138/86/46/138626468_l.gif

-----

i don't have my most recent style, but it's similar jus more clean cut.. if you have a decent looking face, a blow out is the way to go...

go to a beauty salon, buy Joico ICE Spiker -- best gel ever for the hair style...

also when u go to ur barber, if u dont live in hicksville say u want a blow out, which is just a tiny fade at like a 1/0 only at ur sideburns and down, and at the bottom of the back, the rest of ur hair gets spiked up.. girls love itttt

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by benassi

also when u go to ur barber, if u dont live in hicksville say u want a blow out, which is just a tiny fade at like a 1/0 only at ur sideburns and down, and at the bottom of the back, the rest of ur hair gets spiked up.. girls love itttt [/B]
Sorry bro, but I totally dont feel the ghetto thing(fade/tapeup)

Im going to israel for thanksgiving by the way.

griffon65

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ It doesnt look ghetto at all. If your wearing fubu and sean jean then of course. But the base hair style is more rock/punk. And damn benassi we literally have the exact same hair cut and style lol.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firstly your probably washing your hair too much if it's flat. Wash it daily with water, but only once a week using shampoo and conditioner. experiment with cuts until you find the one for you. Look at trendy british hair cuts. Use an expensive wax, I use black and white.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mod, please delete my post.

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
metal fortress, your hair is ok..

i think you need to work more on your image though, your style and if you need the proof, ask your self how many people have said to you " i like your style" if you get that said to you sometimes then your ok, if you get it alot then you have nothing to worry about... if you are having trouble with women always telling you how hot you are then your more like SOLID and BENASSI,

they got great styles,

i am constantly changing my style, spikey to flat indy, swept forward, jet black to blonde highlights, tidy to scruffy style...

if you allways look the same then you always look boring, try changing it alot more and copy the guys that look good, go to a few proffesional salons and ask for a cool hair cut, they usually will tell you what looks good...

frank05

Don Juan
Reaction score
MetalFortress not to offend, but your hair looks like ****.
It looked way way better before when it was a little bit longer and messier than it does now. Your hair looks kind of old, nearly nerd like.

Solid I'm also not trying to offend you but your hairstyle makes you look like a try-hard and needy for attention. 90% of the guys that wear your hairstyle have no personality at all. I would go for a more natural style.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You all are talking like there is one best hairstyle, but there's not. Look at hollywood stars: some look great with hair slicked back like a mafia guy, some look great with spiked, some shaved, some combed over in one direction or parted, some with long hair, etc. It depends on the person, the face. Some people, like Brad Pitt, look great in any style, but some people, like me, don't. I will be honest and tell you I look like crap with my hair slicked back (if I can keep it back) because my cheekbones, temple, and nose are kinda prominent, and I look horrible with it combed down and flat because it makes my head is kinda small and it makes it look even smaller. However, when I keep it about 1.5"-2" long (requires monthly haircuts) and spike it up a little with some gel, dam-n, I'm a stud...... I have gotten compliments from girls telling me they love my hair and how it makes me look really hot. I get a #3 fade and keep the hair at the top at the length above. My hair is very hard to keep perfect, because not only do I spike and mess it up some and keep it at the perfect length, but I comb it over some, and allow some of it to fall onto my forehead, so my widow's peak isn't so prominent looking. Sorry I don't have a pic, but I am just saying this to demonstrate how much difference hair can make. It only takes a minute to do, but it is important to me.

I hate how my hair gets really frizzy when I use shampoo. I have found that BAR SOAP works really well, just rub it in my hands and then my hair, and I think there is some bigtime actor who uses it in his hair too. It washes well and doesn't cause frizzing.

Oh, one more thing, unless you're perfectly symmetrical (not many are), what you see in the mirror is not what you really look like to others: the image is flipped. You can get a special handheld mirror to unflip the image and show you in the right way, but what I do is I have 3 mirrors in my bathroom medicine cabinet that I use.... sounds obsessive I know, but like I said, some people look kinda different if they have their hair combed to one side or their face is slightly asymmetrical. I always give myself a check as I really am, just in case, haha. Attention to detail doesn't take that long.

tigre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by h2o
i've been cutting my own hair for a couple of years now...
how the hell do you cut your own hair lol post pics please I wanna see how your haircut turned out

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to know also. Unless you do a simple buzz or use the clippers on the whole thing, I don't see how you do it, and even then, the back would be kinda hard to even up. I want to know because I would like to be able to do it myself as well, since the haircuts I get from the hair salon are so inconsistent.

jago25_98

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else got curls?

benassi: u win. how the heck?

Barbers / hairdressers don't know what they're doing of when they see my hair, they really don't...

The only answer I have at the moment is to wait for it to grow back and sort it out myself