Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Young DJs and the Effortlessness of the Masters

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
I've noticed a few veteran DJs speak their disdain for some of the advanced and even basic strategies of a DJ. My post is not an attack on any master DJ but rather a clarification for the newer DJs here.

The basic premise of the master DJ who seems "world-weary" (and I use this term with high respect) is that they realize that many of the advanced strategies they have learned are unnecessary. I do not wholly disagree, since it's a complicated issue.

I admire a master trying to save a student some time in the learning process, but I need to caution the use of shortcuts.

Young DJs do not interpret a master’s message “of being yourself” to mean you should not learn and practice the Fundamentals of being a DJ, as well as Applying new techniques before you dismiss them as useless. “Being yourself” means different things to different people, and to a master DJ, “being yourself” is acceptable for his case, while an AFC should be focused on improving himself.

Masters of Karate learn of advanced techniques and moves available, yet even after years of training they still practice and hone the basic punch and kick. They drill it repeatedly, and then it becomes second-nature.

This is not unlike how a master DJ trains. Let these masters not forget who they were before visiting this site, and let them not show excessive disdain for the information that has shaped them to who they are today. Understanding the DJ Fundamentals so well, a master DJ may use a basic technique so effortlessly and flawlessly that their value in that ability may have reduced over time.

Before a student DJ can toss aside what works and what does not, he must learn what works and what does not when applying it himself. Only then will he know what to discard.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly