Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"You make me happy."

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So last night, I was out with a friend of mine. I really don't drink anymore, but the guy just came back from South Korea and well, we had to go celebrate his prompt return.

We went to a local bar where I used to be a regular and there's this guy that I've usually seen there in the past... now with a woman.

They both look really happy with each other.

After a while of my buddy and I talking by the bar, they come right next to us and start talking to each other. The conversation gets lovey dovey really quick when he says to her: "You make me so happy."

She looked like she melted... but my buddy just looked at me and rolled his eyes and I could feel a fire burning from inside of me.

Now, it seems to be quite the small thing to hear something like this... but for me, it was frustrating... because he has no idea what he's telling her.

"You make me happy"

Can easily translate into:

"My life sucks without you, and you're the only reason why I feel any sort of joy in this life."

It makes me cringe to think that anyone could think so lowly of their life that their entire happiness would depend upon one other person. Look, I know it's just a line, but we need to think and process what exactly we are telling these women. Whenever I am with someone, I let them know that I am already happy with myself and my life and any happiness I feel with that person is an extension of what I already own.

No one is the sole purpose and being of my own happiness other than myself.

So before you even bother to tell your girlfriend or plate that "You make me happy" or "You complete me" or whatever Hollywood movie cliche, just think of what you are saying it and WHY you are saying it.

If you are happy with yourself and your life... if you walk away from that woman or she walks away from you, you'll have the safety net of a full and happy life and not an empty void and a deep hole that you've dug yourself into.

Happiness needs to come from you, not another woman.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you are saying, but I think you may be reading a little too much into this. There's a big difference between saying "You make me happy" and "You complete me". The dude could have just been saying that he feels happy when he's around her. Nothing wrong with that. The bottom line is the reaction he got, which was she melted. Sounds like it was effective to me.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
. The conversation gets lovey dovey really quick when he says to her: "You make me so happy."
Perhaps, "You make me so damn hard" instead?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's so much emphasis on negging here and in pickup circles that you end up with the impression that you should never be affectionate with a woman, and that you should never create any good feelings with her. No wonder so many guys reading this stuff can't find a girlfriend.

I think there's a big difference between saying "You make me happy" and "I need you to be happy". You could just as easily say "This martini makes me happy".

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
"you make me so happy" ??? ok, I think its not so bad to say this to a girl... on her own!

but with witnesses??? in ront of his friends? no, no and thrice no!

he missed a word out, 'sometimes'!

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
So last night, I was out with a friend of mine. I really don't drink anymore, but the guy just came back from South Korea and well, we had to go celebrate his prompt return.

We went to a local bar where I used to be a regular and there's this guy that I've usually seen there in the past... now with a woman.

After a while of my buddy and I talking by the bar, they come right next to us and start talking to each other. The conversation gets lovey dovey really quick when he says to her: "You make me so happy."

She looked like she melted... but my buddy just looked at me and rolled his eyes and I could feel a fire burning from inside of me.

Now, it seems to be quite the small thing to hear something like this... but for me, it was frustrating... because he has no idea what he's telling her.

"You make me happy"

"My life sucks without you, and you're the only reason why I feel any sort of joy in this life."

It makes me cringe to think that anyone could think so lowly of their life that their entire happiness would depend upon one other person. Look, I know it's just a line, but we need to think and process what exactly we are telling these women. Whenever I am with someone, I let them know that I am already happy with myself and my life and any happiness I feel with that person is an extension of what I already own.

So before you even bother to tell your girlfriend or plate that "You make me happy" or "You complete me" or whatever Hollywood movie cliche, just think of what you are saying it and WHY you are saying it.

If you are happy with yourself and your life... if you walk away from that woman or she walks away from you, you'll have the safety net of a full and happy life and not an empty void and a deep hole that you've dug yourself into.

Sorry, but I really don't see a problem with telling your wife or gf that they make you happy. I would hope that they are bringing added happiness to your life. It is ok to be nice to the ones you love ya know. :)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
cordoncordon said:
Sorry, but I really don't see a problem with telling your wife or gf that they make you happy. I would hope that they are bringing added happiness to your life. It is ok to be nice to the ones you love ya know. :)
Yeah, but when he says it out and out of context like that, it sounds desperate and corny. Almost like a high-schooler trying to convince himself that his petty BS "love" means something. :p

I only WISH I could find a girl to say, "I love you", to, but I feel a little queasy at a gay expression like, "You make me happy".

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
She should say that to him. It's okay to say something like "I'm happy I met you." but not "You MAKE me happy." No way man.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^

You guys are making a big deal of out of this ..

Anything can be said in the right context, and a simple phrase like "you make me happy" could mean anything from "fvck you, b!tch" , to " thanks, b!tch" depending on the setting :)

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah F*ck ever telling someone how you feel! Feelings are for gays and ferries and men with small penises! If you say anything revealing your humanity she'll think you're a VAG and drop you like a spent douche!

C'mon you guys didn't you ever get any hugs growing up?

I think this is a little ridiculous -- it's okay to tell someone you appreciate them. A good quality woman would definitely want to be appreciated.

So she makes him happy. Good for him. Maybe he enjoys life more. Maybe she does too.

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another great illustration of not needing to be in DJ Mode 24/7.

If you say this to a chick who respects and loves you. It will make them melt and give their feelings a positive charge. As long as the other 90% your alpha. This isn't a bad move. The wording isn't winning any style points but this is needed in a relationship every now and then.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Perhaps, "You make me so damn hard" instead?
Don't you know what your erections have to come from inside? Don't depend on women for your boners, dude.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Kailex said:

"You make me happy"

Yeah agree, but I'd like to know a little more (is there already a thread) about how / why you dont drink much anymore and how it has affected your health, social life for good or bad etc etc.