"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

"You look intimidating"

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
A friend (girl) of mine last night said..


"Perhaps the reason why you don't get a lot of girls, is because you look intimidating all the time."

I don't know how many of you guys are familar with DD's stuff.. but that is a "re-programming" right there.

Anybody else have/had this problem (if it is a problem) and how to deal with it?

I am the type of person who tends to speak his mind, and be very blunt, which is not always a good thing.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
724
Reaction score
7
Location
Europe
Yeah me too, girls call me hard and cold, but I dont give a ****, I tell them I take it as a compliment and they laugh.
 

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Originally posted by Phoenix_of_the_ashes
Yeah me too, girls call me hard and cold, but I dont give a ****, I tell them I take it as a compliment and they laugh.
Pretty much what I said back.

I am 6'5", 185ish lbs.

I think the height is the biggest factor.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Learn tact and start smiling more, that's all it takes.
 

Ian1983

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
UK
Originally posted by The TallOne
Pretty much what I said back.

I am 6'5", 185ish lbs.

I think the height is the biggest factor.
damn, your big but not heavy are you.
I'm 5' 11" and weigh that (9% bf)

I used to get the imtimidating all the time from people, mainly because I don't talk that much, but you'd be surprised how far a smile can change that.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
3
It's all about how you come off upon initial contact. I'm 6'0" 210 lbs and no one has ever called me intimidating. Probably cause I'm always relaxed looking and either have a happy or neutral expression.

Vocal tones are also key. I wouldn't stress out over it so much.
 

dookie

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Age
46
I think I might project a intimidating look since I don't smile until the girl smiles or takes a second look. I think I am doing it so that I don't appear "weak." My prob is that I have confusion on what to do after you have that initial eye contact with a women, smile or don't? At work, I have seen a few girls several times (and hold eye contact with them for atlest 3secs with a neutral expression on my face... mabe a very slight smirk) but I am now thinking that if I see the same girl a few times and we look at each other and after a few seconds of eye contact, I should give a smile (more teeth than normal) even if she doesn't... or no? (btw these are all hot girls that I would want to "be-friend" ;) Any opinions?
 

B9

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
469
Reaction score
2
Location
Denmark
when in doubt: smile.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by The TallOne
A friend (girl) of mine last night said..


"Perhaps the reason why you don't get a lot of girls, is because you look intimidating all the time."

I don't know how many of you guys are familar with DD's stuff.. but that is a "re-programming" right there.

Anybody else have/had this problem (if it is a problem) and how to deal with it?

I am the type of person who tends to speak his mind, and be very blunt, which is not always a good thing.
Relax a little bit...and put a full smile on.

Makes a hella difference.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
210
Reaction score
8
Location
Europe
happens to me to, as an alpha-misunderstanding. As such, it depends a bit on which surrounding you are at the moment.

A friend told me it looks desperate. I meet a lot of guys in his mode, but with the girls it's not too succesful. I realized he's right. At least to a certain extend. He's the opposite, not sociable, alpha body langauge etc. but maybe both are exaggerating in the extremes.

There is a nice arricle on EC in week 1 of the BC. Check it out.

MoveYourA$$... and your brain will follow
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
"Perhaps the reason why you don't get a lot of girls, is because you look intimidating all the time."

What you have to remember is that you're TALL, this in itself is intimidating to most people because it puts you in a position of 'dominance'. Put a smile on your face, show your confident by giving a cute girl a 'wink' when she walks by and you'll be amazed by the feed back.
 
Last edited:

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
My prob is that I have confusion on what to do after you have that initial eye contact with a women, smile or don't?

Crack a small smile with a 'wink'. A 'wink' shows your playful and confident. Two qualities that are very powerful together.


I think I might project a intimidating look since I don't smile until the girl smiles or takes a second look. I think I am doing it so that I don't appear "weak."

There are other ways to keep from looking 'weak' then not smiling. You'll get a better response from girls with a warm friendly smile then a serious look.
 

tibbetts

Banned
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
hawaii
Yeah, some girls say I look intimidating as well. Its usually the white girls. I'm 6'6 and weight 248 lbs (last time I checked) and have tats all over. But for some reason I always attract the black girls and latinas (guess they like the thuggish look) I'm white BTW. Asian girls only like me for my blue eyes.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
Think about this for a bit, you see THE ROCK (Ex Pro Wrestler walking around)

Would you talk to the:

1. The Rock, stern look in his face doing his macho walk.

2. The Rock, stern look but starts smiling when he comes closer to you.

Which one is more approachable?
 

dookie

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Well I can understand the closer proximity and smile. But what about when you are about 20-25 feet away (either walking opposite direction (escalator / hallway / <-work setting) and you lock eyes with a girl for a few secs? Count to 3 and smile even if she doesn't? I am thinking about trying out the smile and wink idea at work (or would that be crossing the line?)
 
Top