You have to be extraordinary to be successful with women...

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Being tall, good-looking and intelligent is NOT the key to being confident simply due to the fact you DID NOT EARN these things.

What do I mean by extraordinary? Extraordinary as in doing things that take balls or leaving your comfort zone.

YOU HAVE TO BE OR HAVE DONE SOMETHING (THAT TAKES ALOT OF BALLS) THAT MOST MEN HAVE NOT!!

These following men (regardless of their looks) are way ahead of the game simply because they are CONFIDENT in how to handle fear and adrenaline.

1. Police Officers (especially city cops) because they are exposed to dangerous people and situations on a frequent basis.

2. Firemen

3. Those who have been in the military combat zone

4. Marines, Paratroopers/ Fighter Jet Pilots/Special Forces

5. Boxers/Mixed Martial Artists who have actually been in competitions

6. Those who have been bungee jumping/skydiving/scuba diving with sharks etc...

7. Civilians who have made DRAMATIC rescues (e.g. from a burning house, dangerous waters, burning cars..)

8. Men who have been in alot of fist fights

I am sure there are a few others on this list I can't think of at the moment.....

What do these things have to do with dating attractive women?

ALL of these things take/took extreme balls and involve sensory overload/fear and adrenaline. However, by accomplishing these thing(s) one is NO LONGER AFRAID of feeling fear and you will be confident in dating attractive women and NO LONGER FEAR what negative things dating an attractive women brings....

What negative things am I talking about?

We all know, ALL GOOD THINGS COME WITH A PRICE. The same applies to dating a HB7 and higher.

The hotter your girlfriend is on the HB scale, the more Male Hyena's (AMOGS) you are going to have to deal with on a daily basis.

The hotter your girlfriend, the larger the pool of men who hate your guts simply due to the fact they are envious.....

The hotter your girlfriend, the more stares and unwanted attention/advances your girlfriend is going to get.

What does this all lead to?

THE GREATER THE CHANCE OF VERBAL/PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION FROM OTHER MEN.

You are probably saying, just take a martial arts class then?

However, you are missing my point. It is not about being able to defend yourself or being able to kick another guys ass. It is about having CONFIDENCE in yourself and your ability to handle FEAR if the verbal/physical confrontation situation arises.

What is the point of all this?

I am sure there are men (myself included) who aren't dating up to their potential because they are AFRAID of how other men are going to react to the physical attractiveness level of their date/girlfriend.

They don't have CONFIDENCE in their ability to handle fearful situations.

Men who have done one or more of these eight things have a step above most men since they are in the minority.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong forum......... and.......................... don't try to force yourself to be anything you're not ok ;) if you've already got the drive to be a fireman use the desire to get a good gf to pump you up and motivate you... but if you don't, let a woman's beauty inspire you to other things........

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The original poster is SO wrong that is not even funny. In fact, it is ridiculous and STUPID.

By the way...I have met or dealt with EVERY single type of men in that list. In fact, I am part of that list. I can ASSURED you that the Original Poster is VERY WRONG.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think what you are trying to say is you have to be a guy of high self-confidence. And I would argue that the examples you gave have little to no relation with gaining real self-confidence especially with women ,and little to do with conveying that confidence to women. It really doesn't matter if you're confident or not only that you convey confidence and the female percieves that you are self-confident. Read my thread "The X Factor".

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...I don't get it...are you saying i have to be with police or fire to get girls? That doesn't make anysense so that can be it.

Can you re explain your point without symbolism in characters by title please?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
...I don't get it...are you saying i have to be with police or fire to get girls? That doesn't make anysense so that can be it.
I don't think he is saying you *must.* He is basically putting out a list of jobs/and or activities which are attractive to women due to their masculine traits.

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
I don't think he is saying you *must.* He is basically putting out a list of jobs/and or activities which are attractive to women due to their masculine traits.
You guys are missing the point. I AM NOT saying YOU HAVE to be a fireman or policeman to attract women.

However, these guys are put in HIGH STRESS situations daily and are desentisized to FEAR. They probably still have fear, but it is under control.

Guys who aren't used to fear will probably lose control due to the adrenaline rush.

I.E. Imagine you just jumped out of an airplane and you went clubbing that night. You just did something 99% have NOT done or are too scared to do.

I guarantee you could go up to a perfect 10 and NOT be scared.

Anytime down the road you feel nervous or fearful of something, you can always remind yourself "I jumped out of a ****ing airplance" and then you would become calm again.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You would think so, but many people who have actually had these experiences say otherwise. I've heard plenty of soldiers say things along the lines of "I've put my life on the line and been shot at, yet I still feel nervous approaching that girl". The problem is that NOBODY has any reason to fear approaching a girl, as there is no real danger, but simply realizing that does nothing.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's funny, I've sarged with cops who spend 3 hrs a day in the gym and some of them even juice. but in the clubs they still can't do sht except sip their drink and annoy you by repeating over and over, "I think that girl is looking at me"

stuka1939 said:
I am sure there are men (myself included) who aren't dating up to their potential because they are AFRAID of how other men are going to react to the physical attractiveness level of their date/girlfriend.
then you're in no position to be giving advice

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm i understand the point the OP is trying to make, just not to the same extent.

My understanding is this:
*In order to pickup hot girls you must be confident.
'*In order to be confident you must respect yourself.
*In order to respect yourself you must have something which you think makes you superior to other people (higher morals, more money, a better body, stronger work ethic, dangerous job, etc)

But you don't need to be highly successful as suggested to respect yourself, heres an example:
'5. Boxers/Mixed Martial Artists who have actually been in competitions'

Now i do martial arts, but i don't enter competitions and rarely amatuer fights. As a result of this and some other things in my life i AM confident and DO pick up hot girls. I have a massive ego which i don't parade around much IRL (don't want to seem ****y) but by god it shines through occasionally and girls are attracted to it.

Trying to build confidence without self respect is an impossible task, as is trying to build self respect without personal achievement.

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
The original poster is SO wrong that is not even funny. In fact, it is ridiculous and STUPID.
I gotta agree with you on this one, Latinoman. Self-confidence isn't as related to those things as you might think, OP. I know one guy who's a karate champion who doesn't get ANY girls at ALL. AND! He's training to be a fireman (two things on your "list"). The problem is he's still shy, even though those things that he did required a massive amount of balls.

I also know a 28 year old millionaire who is still a virgin. In fact, the guy has no game at all. He doesn't know how to dress, present himself, he's just a big nerd. But he sure as hell knows how to make the money.

I also know a former Army Ranger who's still following my sister around like a total AFC. He's been doing this for FOUR YEARS.

OP, with all due respect, I get the feeling you don't date much. You sound like Napolean Dynamite. Remember this quote?

You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
You need to get out of your head and into the game.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No you don't.

You need a few things:

1. You HAVE to approach
2. You HAVE to lead
3. You HAVE to escelate

Apart from that, everything else is icing on the cake...they're the three main components IMO.

I think that the thing a good PUA has that an AFC doesn't have is BALLS. Balls to do all the above, to go and get rejected, to take a chance, to risk ruining a potential friendship by making his sexual intentions clear.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can do something brave without having confidence.

I can chase the theif while being scared to death.

That's courage... But you don't necessarily have to be confident about it.
"I may die... But it's my job! I'll follow him!" - courage

"I'm sure i'll catch him!" - confidence

So these jobs do't directly relate to girls... While it's true that the two are related. But they aren't the same.

This makes sence at least in my mind. :crazy: hahaha.

I think that the right mindset for confidence is realising that your hapiness doesn't have to depend on other's people approval!

You're confident with the girl... But if your hapiness depends on having the girl, that's not authentic confidence.

So, loose the toughts of "I have to be extraodinary", and you will have authentic confidence.

Because you'll go to the girl thinking... I'm doing it for myself. I don't mind if she doesn't like me so I'll say what I want! (This doesn't mean you can offend or anything.)

It's simple when it comes from within. I can't really explain it, but I'm SURE of this- that's not a healthy way of thinking.

You don't NEED the macho man job for the ability to speak your mouth freely!

You guys surley like to overanalyse stuff... :p

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see many losers in life who are banging women left, right and centre. I am a pilot. I am exposed to danger every time I fly. I regularly get put under intense pressure by my instructor who purposely fails one of the aircraft engines on critical times during flight ( Take-off or landing ). Also, I am pretty good looking. I am average size, but atheletic build. So, how come I have no women in my life?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stuka1939 said:
You guys are missing the point. I AM NOT saying YOU HAVE to be a fireman or policeman to attract women.

However, these guys are put in HIGH STRESS situations daily and are desentisized to FEAR. They probably still have fear, but it is under control.

Guys who aren't used to fear will probably lose control due to the adrenaline rush.

I.E. Imagine you just jumped out of an airplane and you went clubbing that night. You just did something 99% have NOT done or are too scared to do.

I guarantee you could go up to a perfect 10 and NOT be scared.

Anytime down the road you feel nervous or fearful of something, you can always remind yourself "I jumped out of a ****ing airplance" and then you would become calm again.
Nope sorry. That's still a case by case situation. I know plenty of people who do lots of "Extreme" activities. (MMA fighters, Boxers, Police, Fire, Paramedic, Sky dive instructors, Helicopter piolets, Fighter Pilots [from nellis airforce base], Bull Riders and the like). They all get jacked and are definatly fearless in their indidual elements but that does not garuntee their sucess with the opposite sex universally. Sure alot of them do have game but that's because they have positive attitudes and BECAME good at their talent, and as we all know success is the venarable fertalizer for confidence, then other aspects of their lives (like interacting with women) grow along with it, however some like many focus on that talent alone as well.

I'll use an example, my last room mate was a paramedic here in Las Vegas. He however was from a small town in Idaho. Since there weren't that many girls in his home town he never learned essential interaction/socilization. He worked hard to graduate school and train in medicine to become a paramedic. He moves here and gets a job easy (apparently if you can make it as paramed here you can work almost anywhere in the country) and deals with some sick sh*t. Recessitation, attacked with siringes by t.r.o.l.l.s suicides were all routine in his life. Anyway he still had and has zero game. He use to be a b*tch about it too. It was like watching a speeding train go into solid mountain over and over again.

That may not be the route every person in extreme work take but there are thouands of cases and reasons as to why conqering fear on one aspect of life, does not dictate or control your ability to be afraid in some other aspect. Phobias are another example of the paralising ability fear can have on people who are thought to have none.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In college I was the 130 lb computernerd/artist type and my girlfriend was the hot cheerleader. Nobody could figure out how I got her. I just wanted her..I saw her on campus...I saw her a few days later sitting alone and I approached her. Guys would hit on her constantly. Football players, fratboys, players. I would just watch and laugh as she turned them down. Dammit. I had so much game in college it wasn't even funny. I had no fear, I just had fun. That's what I'm getting back to. Enjoying life. Women want to enjoy life too you know.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kind of understand why the original poster thinks the way he does, but I would put money that you could not find any evidence that cops, firemen, etc., have hot girlfriends. In general, cops are thought of as jackasses in Chicago and abuse their authority, which is not cool.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would even say that MANY of the people in that list that happen to be married...have spouses that CHEAT on them. Happen to cops...happen to military personnel...happen to competitors.