Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You get to choose your identity

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick thought on identity.

We all choose our identity whether we realize it or not.

Choosing the correct identity for you is extremely important.

Because all behavior and actions stems from identity.

For example, I have created my own image of myself as a gritty, extremely, hardworking, successful international business man. And I've maintained it. How does this influence my actions and behavior? Well, I'm willing to work hard and focus on key tasks everyday. I speak Spanish. When things get difficult, I do not fade. I know who I am. When I get in tough business situations, I am steady. In order to maintain this image of a successful businessman, I have to take other actions. I invest regularly, without fail, every month. I dress well. I carry myself in a composed manner. I wear a shirt and tie. I maintain the image.

What identity have you CHOSEN and what behaviors emanate from that identity choice? Is your current identity working for you? Would you be better off choosing a different identity?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just chatting with another user about this subject.

Choose the identity - then work toward it. Not vice versa. Psychologically this gives us a stronger sense of that identity than if we were to say "once X happens, I'll be Y."

And always be improving and reinventing where you see fit.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just chatting with another user about this subject.

Choose the identity - then work toward it. Not vice versa. Psychologically this gives us a stronger sense of that identity than if we were to say "once X happens, I'll be Y."

And always be improving and reinventing where you see fit.
Exactly.

Create the identity.

Then, do the actions needed to maintain that identity. It's like a logical cause and effect.

Ex. Part of Identity- I am a high level (4.5) tennis player.

Subsequent Actions- I play tennis before or after work to improve my game. I put in the work to improve a little bit everyday.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Excellent points guys. If you try to change your behavior first, you are fighting your existing identity. It’s an uphill and likely unsuccessful battle. Then you can end up kicking yourself for “not having enough willpower.”

But if you update/correct your identity first, then you’ll encounter less resistance.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spot on. Glad to see content like this popping up; reminds me of the old days.

I'd just add onto this that we also get to choose our thoughts and our emotions. In western society, we're always taught to see ourselves as subject to our identity, thoughts, emotions, past circumstances, etc., instead of seeing ourselves as the driver of those things.