You don't have to wait for me

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flakey_Woman_Suck said:
This shall be my life mantra now.
From zero to hero with chicks you mean? :p

Well put it this way, in the current era, the automatic reaction is to start following EVERYONE you meet on social media and chase every bird you meet with endless texts and phone calls.

However, allow me to regale you with a real life example to the contrary:

I met my current squeeze in a pub while waiting for friends. She was working behind the bar and was friendly enough to fill my beer up before I'd even finished the last – in short, an overly attentive service. She also gave me a look that said, 'If I were just you and me here, I'd f*ck your brains out'. Long story short, I gave her my number and went on my merry way shortly after to meet my pals.

Owing to TMK's first (only) rule of the number close, she duly text the next day. I played it cool, whatever, and went back to the pub a few weeks later for drinking and to meet her after her shift.

Anyway that second evening I ended up a bit p!ssed and so did she and we went to this late bar where a lock-in and acoustic jam session ensued. There were guys all over my chick (and I had been making out with her all night); this one beta facebooker was basically begging her to connect with him electronically, I overhear him say, @But I want the add to prove to you that I’m not a weirdo’.

You see where I’m going with this? I am yet to add her to ANY social media connection, I am yet to CALL her for a ‘chat’. I text her only to make arrangements. Yet she is texting me EVERY week to make arrangements to meet. She now refers to herself in texts as ‘Your Soph’.

Last week text:

Soph: ‘How are you?’
TMK: No reply.
Soph (24hrs later): ‘....it went quiet ;u).’
TMK (12hrs later): ‘Working, playing, partying hard. Have a good weekend.’
Soph (6hrs later): ‘You wanna meet at some point?’
TMK: ‘Sure ****tails and kissing soon!’.

You see. This is what I have done for the last 4months since meeting her; no need for FB, no need for phone calls. Yet she’s basically saying ‘I’m yours. Take me’. Because I am attentive, but ONLY when I’m with her.

You take this attitude with every girl you meet then you:

a) Don’t waste time on those that aren’t that interested, or you aren’t that interested in.

b) Build rapport in a real, natural and enjoyable way for you both (face to face), rather than via false and frankly inconsequential e-communication.

c) You build intrigue and mystery, you allow the both of you the space to maintain your own lives (which is paramount in any relationship), and you are not like every other half-wit chasing her about the block.

Women don’t want to be chased. Their primary instinct is to compete (chase) for you. Allow her that much at least, and you’re half way there.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely agree with these guys. I forget exactly where I read on here, great advice about texting, and it struck a chord with me.

Basically, as I remember - every time you send a text out to her, it reveals your position to her, much like a sniper. Each text subtly tells her more and more about yourself. With more texts, she can get the image of you (anyone) hunched over a tiny keyboard, tapping away thinking of something to write her. With less, she can be more curious, thinking you're slaying dragons or living up the life, or banging another girl, or anything better than hunched over that keyboard to her. And each text sent reveals that you are in that position, directed to her.

Example - a girl send you 30 texts in a single day (yes extreme, but it has happened to me before, just met her once at a bar). You know she's thinking about you. And you can figure she's doing nothing, or nothing more important, because she's texting you constantly. It can be disconcerting, because of the feel of obligation to text back. Feeling obligated never helped.

So, less is more, when it comes to texting (and phone calls).

Reaction score
Thanks dudes!
TheMonkeyKing said:
b) Build rapport in a real, natural and enjoyable way for you both (face to face), rather than via false and frankly inconsequential e-communication.
So what about chicks that you meet online (forum, whatever), you exchange a few pics, you escalate to the point that you're sexting and she's begging you to come over and f*ck her.

Would you approve of that, as it's not building rapport in real life?