Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Yoga

tightsocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is yoga class the lion's den to test Game? The ratio of women to men is 80 / 20 or more. What am I missing here?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even with the favorable ratios, yoga class or any fitness class isn't easy for dates and relationships.

You're attending a 45-60 minute class for the 5 mins before and 5 mins after class to approach. It's a narrow window. Depending on where you go to a class, a lot of the women are in existing relationships.

A lot of fitness class attendees are not in a social mood. Even women don't socialize much with other women for heterosexual female friendship. And since women don't interact much with other women at the classes I've attended, I doubt there's much lesbian pickup.

With yoga specifically, you need to be into yoga to put up with the 45-60 minute class for the narrow approach window. The same would go for other class formats as well. I have attended yoga for pickup but since I'm not into it, it's not ideal. I've been a better fit for interval training and boxing/kickboxing classes, which are also majority female.

Yoga women are also a little weirder if they are dedicated yogis.

tightsocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even with the favorable ratios, yoga class or any fitness class isn't easy for dates and relationships.

You're attending a 45-60 minute class for the 5 mins before and 5 mins after class to approach. It's a narrow window. Depending on where you go to a class, a lot of the women are in existing relationships.

A lot of fitness class attendees are not in a social mood. Even women don't socialize much with other women for heterosexual female friendship. And since women don't interact much with other women at the classes I've attended, I doubt there's much lesbian pickup.

With yoga specifically, you need to be into yoga to put up with the 45-60 minute class for the narrow approach window. The same would go for other class formats as well. I have attended yoga for pickup but since I'm not into it, it's not ideal. I've been a better fit for interval training and boxing/kickboxing classes, which are also majority female.

Yoga women are also a little weirder if they are dedicated yogis.
I enjoy the class and am there for a legitimate purpose - to get a good stretch / release. The mingling is just a bonus. I know what you mean though, the women seemed to have their shield on and there is not much time before or after class. It seems like the hornet's nest for feminists also. I wonder how many are lesbians.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can confirm SW15 on all points, only I really like yoga so it's something I enjoy doing and wouldn't go to it just for pickup.

On the plus side, the classes are mostly female and it's not hard finding a studio where 90% of the women in the class are HOT. I've stumbled into a few studios where it was all overweight women and not a single attractive one, but those are more rare.

On the negative side is that there is really no time or place or environment conducive to socializing in the vast majority of the studios I have been to. People speed in, and they speed out. No one says hardly a word or even makes eye contact in the common areas. I've been to two studios where a few people stuck around to talk with other people in the lobby but it seemed like they knew each other well already. The conversations I heard were nothing I could get in on. I wouldn't go with a direct approach at a studio because that's not the place for it - and there isn't a lot of room to go indirect. "I like your yoga mat - where did you get it?" "How did you get so good at crow pose?" are the kinds of options you have, but when everyone else around you is silent in the common area, it puts a lot of pressure on both of you. Not to say you shouldn't do it and that it can't work, but I've just never felt right about it. I have an easier time literally stepping in front of a girl on a sidewalk, stopping her in her tracks, than I would in a yoga studio lobby that I go to frequently.

I find that studios offering hot-yoga with fast-paced music to be the ones that attract the more social crowd, but fvck that. I like yoga and am in great shape from running 30-40 miles a week but I thought I was going to die in that hot yoga class. Never again.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you like yoga?

If yes, go for it.

If no, you'll be in the women's frame.

TheProspect

Reaction score
I posted this in a previous thread when the topic of taking yoga classes to meet women came up, give it a read:

I am certified as a yoga instructor and I teach classes weekly at a few different yoga studios. 95%+ of clients are female.

Do not start taking classes with the intention of picking up girls. Go because you actually want to do yoga. After you’ve become a familiar face over an extended period of time and have built rapport, then things can change.

Many women do take their yoga studio as a safe place and it really is a ladies social hour as @Espi put it.

Trust me when I say that girls taking classes, and the instructor teaching it, can figure out pretty quickly what a guy’s intentions are. Even if you do actually like yoga, but simultaneously have secondary ambitions to pick up chicks, we will know. Energy and vibes really affect the atmosphere at a studio, and regulars & instructors can tell when somethings off.

Even as an instructor, I had to build comfort and rapport. That took time. Girls eventually saw that I was there to teach yoga because I love yoga and I take my own practice seriously. My classes are the most booked now, but it took awhile to develop that positive reputation after consistently conveying good intentions.

And also trust me, any girl who goes to yoga and takes it seriously isn’t going to be genuinely receptive to a new guy hitting on her, even if she comes off that way in the moment. She may be act nice and might even give you her number, but you can bet she’ll tell other girls and the instructor about you in an unflattering light. And on the off chance you do successfully pull as a new member, the quality of the chick is questionable at best, and she is likely very emotionally damaged.

My opinion would be to just regularly attend classes for awhile and don’t try to strike up a conversation (beyond “hi” / “bye”) before or after class unless they initiate. Demonstrate that you’re there for yoga and not chicks. Over time, as the regulars and instructors grow comfortable with your presence, you can gradually interact more with others and begin to build rapport and even develop a social circle. As a new member, don’t bite too fast on any chick who seems interested, it could potentially ruin your reputation and hurt your chances of creating comfort at the studio, and thus, developing a social circle down the line. Ultimately, that would be an ideal situation — a social circle of hot women that gives you instant social proof. Play the long-term game.

Hope my insider perspective provides you with some useful insight.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted this in a previous thread when the topic of taking yoga classes to meet women came up, give it a read:
Spot on 100% correct. I've been practicing yoga for 6 years now. Absolutely love it. I do not go to pick up women, but there are women there to meet and I've meet and dated quite a few at class.

But do not expect to just walk in and do this. You have to be a regular and a familiar face. Find a studio you like that fits you... there are many types of Yoga, some studios are more spiritual with incense and instruments with lots of chanting... I really don't like that. But if that is your thing then go for it. I started with Vinyasa, then as I got in better shape switched to Baptiste, which is a little more intense. Hot yoga is a good work out, and if you really want a challenge... Bikram is pretty intense... long and very hot. Anyway the point is find a style that works for you.

Then the next thing is finding a studio that fits you. After you find this, there will be a number of instructors... you have to find ones that you like. Not all instructors are created equal some are good, some are bad.... but good and bad is relative. What works for me might not work for you.