Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Yet another "younger women" post....thoughts and comments

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The debate will rage on about how older men should or should not date younger women. I PERSONALLY have absolutely no qualms with befriending, dating, and sexing any female who is old enough within the eyes of the law, HOWEVER.....there are certain things about this type of arrangement that might make an older man reconsider (or at least handle in a different way) this type of relationship. Here are a few of the pitfalls I have found.

First off, when I say "older man" I would be referring to someone over the age of 30. When I say "younger woman", my definition would be a girl who is under 25. I firmly believe that men grow up quite a bit when they hit their mid 20's, and it might be even more true for women.

Depending upon the type of relationship you plan to have with a younger woman, be prepared for others to judge you, usually unfairly. Truth of the matter is, the are lots of people out there who buy into the idea that there is a "proper" age for men and women to be together. The problem is everyone has their own idea of right and wrong. If you ask me, I say, "Who's to say?" Just keep in mind that there are people out there who love to judge others based upon some kind of warped sense of morality. THE LAW IS THE LAW. If you follow the law, you aren't wrong, and you aren't a child molester, PERIOD.

Another consideration is THE PARENTS. My last LTR had just turned 21 when we started dating. I was 31. Until that time I had no idea what it was like to feel intimidated by a girl's parents. I had always gotten along well with them. This was no exception, in the fact that I got along with them, but I always knew that her dad didn't completely approve. I actually got along really well with her mom, but the tension coming from dad was always there and it made me uncomfortable. I'm sure what made matters worse was the fact that she still lived at home, and it wasn't until after we started dating that her mom found out she wasn't a virgin.

Friends can also be a huge factor in having any kind of a relationship with a younger woman. Not only from the standpoint of them being judgemental, but also in the fact that even if YOUR GIRL is very mature for her age, it doesn't mean her friends will be. My last g/f's best friend was 19 and acted like she was 14 most of the time. That sh!t gets old. Not to mention that towards the end I had as much of a problem with the FRIEND being against me as I did the g/f, DESPITE the fact that my girl pretty much cheated on me. Sometimes it isn't worth the baggage, and this chick was almost to the point where I would have considered her just that.

Another thing to watch out for is the "cinderella" syndrome that so many women have, especially when they are young. They haven't had a chance to become jaded enough to realize that real life doesn't usually work the way it does in the movies and romance novels. This idealism can create a HUGE problem between a younger woman who feels that she deserves a knight in shining armour, and an older man who knows the real deal. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WAKE THEM UP FROM THIS DREAM. THEY MUST LIVE AND LEARN.....THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. Don't even think of wasting your time trying.

The thing that made me write this post (aside from the fact that it seems to be such a big issue) is that I just got off the phone with a girl I know. She's the best friend of a chick that I hooked up with last week. It seems that since I am the "older one" I am fully responsible for this girl having had too much to drink and having sex with me that night. Although they are both adults, they both think that since I was the older one that I shouldn't have let her consume so much alcohol, and that I was the one who took advantage of her because she drank so much. They are both cool about it (cause they both know they are REALLY just trying to justify actions), but it's kind of annoying to know better yet not be able to defend yourself!

Now we all know that women are professionals when it comes to passing blame and avoiding accountability. But throw in the fact that you are quite a bit OLDER, and they won't hesitate to use that fact to avoid taking responsibility for their actions. I tried for a couple of minutes to explain that it was HER who wanted to drink more, stay out later, and SHE was the one basically coming on to me, but it was of no use. Just count on the fact that your age can and will be used against you.

I'm gonna try to think of some more. I know there are plenty!

Feel free to add to the list.

Hypoxia II

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. As I have stated in other posts I prefer women as opposed to girls. Your post explains why. You just had the patience to actually post it.

Macgyver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on the girl's maturity level. If they're at a point where they're still acting like teenage girls then you know she is too young for you. Age isn't really a thing cause I've met a 28 year old and a 30 year old who acted like little princesses because they were spoiled during their childhood and when I would talk to them in a mature way they thought I was a bore. But when I met this 20 year old girl and I talked the way I usually talk (I'm being myself) She engaged my conversation. Yeah girls around this age tend to be very curious and "fairies" wondering around but the real deal is if the communication between both parties is good, then it should be alright.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's the cultural difference. She's not going to remember Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd, or most of your favorite movies. Also, her whole life is going to revolve around light-speed social interaction, where you'll be at a slower pace. My cell phone has all the latest features, but I won't be texting somebody from the next room.

The biggest issue (although the others are big too) is her life experience. She can be the most intelligent and well educated young chica there is, but there's still gonna be that disconnect. All those stories about Vegas, New Orleans, Manhattan, etc., she's just not going to relate too.

At 31, I briefly dated a 20 year old chick with a masters in organic chemistry. Young, super hot, super smart, but she just couldn't function in a grownup relationship. I got frustrated and moved on.

There's also the issue with your friends and relatives. It's almost a given that her friends will think you are a slimeball, but your friends, the people with the life experience (and horror stories to back it up) will never sign off on your young GF.

To be honest, the benefits for me, and there are many will never overcome simple things like "hey, remember that scene from 'Airplane'?". Like Dennis Miller says, sometimes you just want a pro. But folks like us aren't destined to lead normal boring lives, so I follow the "never say never" philosophy. I can't say that if the wife (35) ever runs off with the poolboy, I won't at least have a few good flings with my younger admirers, and go from there...

I noticed that you didn't mention any of the benefits: great sex with an adventurous chick who's not tainted by the bitterness folks tend to get in their 30's.

Now if I could just put my wife's brain into a 20 year old body... Heh, she's probably thinking the same.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GirlCrazy said:
There's the cultural difference. She's not going to remember Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd, or most of your favorite movies.
Honestly, this is one of the reasons that I have been CONNECTING with younger women lately.

Someone posted a good article recently about the lack of a generation gap between Gen X and Gen Y. I find that (amazingly) I can relate VERY well on a cultural level with younger women. I like a lot of the newer music and movies and such, and it never ceases to amaze me how much the younger ones know about the stuff I grew up with. Just this weekend I was partying with a mid 20's chick in a club on 80's night. She knew the songs as well as I did, I can tell you that.

I think you might be on the VERY top end of our generation which causes you to see thinigs a bit differently. I can't even relate that well to Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd, although it might be more because of personal preference.

Also, her whole life is going to revolve around light-speed social interaction, where you'll be at a slower pace. My cell phone has all the latest features, but I won't be texting somebody from the next room.
There's another thing that I attribute to keeping me "in" with the younger crowd.

I got sucked into the whole text messaging bit with my last g/f who is a generation behind me. Just tonight I was communicating with the 20 year old via text and Myspace. I have a cellphone that doubles as a camera and mp3 player, and I use the extra features from time to time.

The biggest issue (although the others are big too) is her life experience. She can be the most intelligent and well educated young chica there is, but there's still gonna be that disconnect. All those stories about Vegas, New Orleans, Manhattan, etc., she's just not going to relate too.
Yea, that's a double edge sword. On one hand it's cool to be the worldly guy, on the other hand it's always going to be YOU who is the one sharing experiences and adventures.

To tell you the truth I had the time of my life introducing my last g/f to the world. I took her hanggliding, got her interested in exotic foods she had never tried, took her to visit places she had never been. I really think she enjoyed experiencing all of these new things and I got satisfaction from having someone take an interest in the things I like.

At 31, I briefly dated a 20 year old chick with a masters in organic chemistry. Young, super hot, super smart, but she just couldn't function in a grownup relationship. I got frustrated and moved on.
I guess the good thing for me is that I want a mature girl, but I don't really act my age myself so it helps me to sort of bend to that level.

There's also the issue with your friends and relatives. It's almost a given that her friends will think you are a slimeball, but your friends, the people with the life experience (and horror stories to back it up) will never sign off on your young GF.
My sister's mouth hit the floor when she first met my ex and found out she was only 21....lol.

I guess I'm pretty lucky in that I don't have much of an issue with my family questioning my judgement. If I like her, they like her, regardless of age.

Then again, it probably helps that I don't really have to "work" like most people do, and I can live a different sort of lifestyle than most people my age. I can " get away with more", basically.

I noticed that you didn't mention any of the benefits: great sex with an adventurous chick who's not tainted by the bitterness folks tend to get in their 30's.
Oh, yea, there are PLENTY of positives. I just kind of take it that all of these are a given. I had the most AMAZING sex with my ex. The fact that she was hot, exotic, and 100lbs soaking wet and would let me be the MAN in the bedroom gave us both a lot of gratification. It was also kinda cool that I was only her second sex partner. She wasn't inexperienced, but me being older I think I opened her up to a lot of new things that really blew her mind.

Trust me, I'm not at all against hooking up with younger women. Matter of fact I can't seem to get away from them!

If you would have told me a few years ago that I would be dating, partying, and sexing women in their early 20's when I hit my mid 30's I would have called you crazy, but that's how things are shaping up.

And I'm lovin' every minute of it :yes:

Now if I could just put my wife's brain into a 20 year old body... Heh, she's probably thinking the same.
Ahhhhhh....wouldn't it be nice to be able to have your cake and eat it too?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GirlCrazy said:
At 31, I briefly dated a 20 year old chick with a masters in organic chemistry.
So,...she got accepted into the bio-chemistry program at 14 then?

C'mon!!

Math people, use it.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone posted a good article recently about the lack of a generation gap between Gen X and Gen Y. I find that (amazingly) I can relate VERY well on a cultural level with younger women. I like a lot of the newer music and movies and such, and it never ceases to amaze me how much the younger ones know about the stuff I grew up with. Just this weekend I was partying with a mid 20's chick in a club on 80's night. She knew the songs as well as I did, I can tell you that.
I can totally relate to that, STR8UP.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Now we all know that women are professionals when it comes to passing blame and avoiding accountability. But throw in the fact that you are quite a bit OLDER, and they won't hesitate to use that fact to avoid taking responsibility for their actions. I tried for a couple of minutes to explain that it was HER who wanted to drink more, stay out later, and SHE was the one basically coming on to me, but it was of no use. Just count on the fact that your age can and will be used against you.

I'm gonna try to think of some more. I know there are plenty!

Feel free to add to the list.
Concerning the age issue...personally, I think that men should date whoever they want.

The point I've been trying to make in other threads is that there is a MYTH that women's prime is in their 40s. Also to point out how women change as they age.

Concerning the sleeping with a drunk woman that is NOT your partner. You said in one part of your post that the "Law is the Law" in reference to legal age to have sex. I will use the same argument and tell you that technically, having sex with a woman that is not your partner WITHOUT her total faculties could be viewed as RAPE...IF she decided to place charges.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a fair bit of experience dating younger women so I'll chime in...

Every single time I've ever dated a "younger" woman it always starts out great but over time her lack of experience and immaturity shines thru. This usually ends up driving one of us crazy (usually me) and the whole thing comes crashing down.

Any time the relationship has made it to the LTR stage it ends with her realizing she's too young to be in a serious relationship and leaving to explore other options. :rolleyes:

As a guy in my early 30's I find its much easier to date women age 24-28 than it is to date women in their early 20's.

Sure its a generalization but most always true.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
As a guy in my early 30's I find its much easier to date women age 24-28 than it is to date women in their early 20's.

Sure its a generalization but most always true.
Those are women in their PRIMES (25-29), generally speaking.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So,...she got accepted into the bio-chemistry program at 14 then?

C'mon!!

Math people, use it.
Actually, yes, she was a child prodigy. There's 3 types of mathematicians, those that can count, and those that can't.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Concerning the sleeping with a drunk woman that is NOT your partner. You said in one part of your post that the "Law is the Law" in reference to legal age to have sex. I will use the same argument and tell you that technically, having sex with a woman that is not your partner WITHOUT her total faculties could be viewed as RAPE...IF she decided to place charges.
I hear ya. It is POSSIBLE to get screwed bad on something like this, but I wouldn't put myself into a situation where I felt there was a possibility that the chick would go that route.

Truth is, she was there to have sex with me, alcohol or not. She knew it, her friend knew it, I knew it, and it wasn't like I was doing a chick who was passed out.

If I lived my life THAT carefully I'd never have any fun.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
Every single time I've ever dated a "younger" woman it always starts out great but over time her lack of experience and immaturity shines thru. This usually ends up driving one of us crazy (usually me) and the whole thing comes crashing down.
That's why from now on I am going to avoid getting into serious relationships with anyone under 25. Doesn't mean you can't have a good time with them though!

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not so bad going in with both eyes open, knowing it will come crashing down eventually, and just enjoying the moment.

The problem starts once you convince yourself that it's going to work out for the long term.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GirlCrazy said:
It's not so bad going in with both eyes open, knowing it will come crashing down eventually, and just enjoying the moment.

The problem starts once you convince yourself that it's going to work out for the long term.
Very true. It takes some pretty unique people to make these relationships work for the long term.