"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Yeah... sure

Downrock27

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey,British Columbia,Canada
I was at a club last night for New Year's, and up comes this girl that i was workin on in the summer but at some point she lost interest so i gave up. Anyways out of nowhere she comes up to me and is all like "Hi, do you remember me?" She has since dyed her hair and it took me a few seconds to recognize her. Well she spent a lot of the rest of the night hanging out with me... we didn't dance.. I'm still gettin over a cold and wasnt feeling all too great. She would hold my hand and bring me around introducing me to her friends.

When i left a couple times to check out girls she went around and talked to some other guys... but she kept coming back and giving me hugs saying things like "I couldn't find you", and "I was looking for you. Later I was off with my buddies and she was talkin to some guy.. so I decided to walk over and see how she was doing. Immediately she started ignoring the other guy... shot him down when he asked her to dance and came over and sat beside me.

This whole night she was flirting with me though she did keep saying how she was drunk. Anyways later she tells me she's excited cuz her ex boyfriend is coming later... he also happens to be her best friend according to her. Well as soon as this guy gets here, I practically get ignored and she ends up going home with him. She told me earlier that her and him might be getting back together. I don't understand her... she asked me earlier in the night why I never call her to come out anymore... I told her i lost her number. She gave it to me again that night and said if she wasnt home or on msn to email her. She gave me signals all night then goes home with her ex... man some *****es are just damn confusing.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
No it's not confusing... You were SLOW as a damn turtle without legs. You should have kissed her and gone with her earlier... The reason she went with her ex was that she can have sex with him without it being another notch on the bedpole so it like doesn't count. Or she really wanted to just be with him as a friend...

You = slow wussboy :p
 

Downrock27

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey,British Columbia,Canada
Yeah.. I guess. I kinda missed part of the story though. She had already planned to go with him in advance. That was her whole plan that night was for him to come later and go stay at his house. I just don't understand what the hell she was doing with me that whole time.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
He is her ex.... she was scouting for new material.

Of course it COULD have been an attention wh0re or just a c0cktease but if it was she wouldn't have given you that much attention over others. This is atleast my opinion.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
I agree with the last poster. She's an AW. Ignore her.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top