Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ya, I'm one of the short guys out there.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan

Most girls I date, however, are about as tall as I am, or slightly shorter. I don't know why that is, really. But possibly it's because 1) I like tall girls more than short ones, and 2) I don't give a @#$# how tall the girl is, I go after her anywayz. :p

BGMan
good for you man, same here, thats the attittude we need in this site :up:

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree with -o- on this one... plus the guy sounds just like me, 5'7", baby-faced, not overly muscular. Whether we're talking about muscle or height or whatever, it all boils down to one thing: masculinity. Good looks made shorter men like James Dean, Tom Cruise, killer personality made Pesci, talent made Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix (who is 5'8"), and I could go on and on with more and more names for you, but they all have one thing in common: masculinity. Taller women will NEVER be as powerful or masculine as short men who have their shi-t together. They are just gentle, sensitive giants, and also, if anything, many women who are tall are self-conscious about their height. Short women want to be taller, tall women want to be shorter in many cases. I believe many tall women want taller men just so they don't risk looking like giants all the time, haha.... seriously. I think it is time we put the statistics thing to rest. Average height is around 5'9.5" so just quit debating it. If you don't live in America, fu-ck off.

Like I said though, I never have any conflicts at all because I prefer small women. You all can have all the manly women you want :p

TCDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, TCDude, you don't believe me? Here are my 7 male classmates' heights:...
The statistical average of the group you provided is 5'10" tall. Assuming a "normal" deviation of ±1"; you are within the "normal" range of height of your peers.

Your curve doesn't provide for any "short" people. Which probably means that your peer group either discriminates against inclusion of short people or the short people don't fit in with your peer group's activities.

BTW - the standard height tables I used were for American White Males 21-24 years old. If you're under 21 then the "average" height for you would be under what I wrote.

My point here is "get real! you ARE NOT short" no matter how you define short. You do however have some "tall" friends.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As we all know there are ways to make ourselfs taller as mentioned earlier in this thread. Vertical stripes, spiky hair, better posture and shoes with higher heels. I want to adress the last point. We all know it looks totally stupid and too obvious when short guys ( like myself, I'm just under 5'7) wear huge shoes with abnormally high heels. It underlines and aknowledges that you are selfconscieous (spelling?) about your height. It reeks of insecurity. This has always been an issue for me in deciding how big my heels can be and were i have to draw the line. Shoes have the best potential of increasing ones height and that's were i try to get those extra inches..

So..i searched the net and found this site who specializes in shoes for short guys. i haven't tried it myself so i can't vouch for it, but i just wanted to post the link.. It's www.caldenshoes.com. Seems like they use a hidden increaser inside the shoe, that can't be seen from the outside. It's supposed to be able to add up to 4 inches....or the size of a micropenis if you want some visual aid to go with that :cheer:

I wear timberland-boots now and they add some extra height and at the same time they are "socially accepted" :)

General Septem

Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as I'm taller than the girl I like (which I am), then it's all good. =D

As for me, I'm about 5' 8" - 5'9". Ironically, I get told how tall I am. And people think I look really old - like, I'm almost 17 yet I look like I'm in my 20s.

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a short guy, I say **** PLATFORMS!!

You don't need them guys. If you find shoes or thick boots that add at the most one inch, be content with it. Be proud of your height, and proud of the advantages it has.

I wouldn't change my height for anything. It's like a special part of my character, something that makes me unique as I am shorter than most guys. It is also easier to bulk up as a shorter guy.

Height will be the least of her worries once you get her in bed :D .

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, more awesome short people:
Bono
Jhonen Vasquez
Al Pacino

There are a TON of awesome short guys (and not that ***** Tom Cruise neither).

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by General Septem
As long as I'm taller than the girl I like (which I am), then it's all good. =D

As for me, I'm about 5' 8" - 5'9". Ironically, I get told how tall I am. And people think I look really old - like, I'm almost 17 yet I look like I'm in my 20s.

Where do you live?

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TubularBells28
As a short guy, I say **** PLATFORMS!!

You don't need them guys. If you find shoes or thick boots that add at the most one inch, be content with it. Be proud of your height, and proud of the advantages it has.

I wouldn't change my height for anything. It's like a special part of my character, something that makes me unique as I am shorter than most guys. It is also easier to bulk up as a shorter guy.

Height will be the least of her worries once you get her in bed :D .
Word.

And what's wrong with Tom Cruise? Nearly every girl wants him and he's only like 5'7.

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really like Tom Cruise. There are better and more talented short guys out there.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More talented? Probably. But I thought the discussion was about how height affects attraction. He's probably the most well-known universally attractive short dude in the world.

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno, I don't view attraction in a sense as looks such as Tom Cruise. Rather, I view it as accomplishments and personality and talents.

For instance, Bono was named a person of the year, and he is a pretty short guy.
I especially like short guys who bust female myths toward short guys, such as:

Short guys cannot protect me (Busted by Bruce Lee, Pat Morita, and about half of the men's bodybuilding circuit)

Tall guys are viewed as better leaders (Busted by Napoleon Bonaparte, Mahatma Gandhi, T.E. Lawerence, Thomas Jefferson)

Short guys are often insecure and not confident (Busted by Angus Young, Spud Webb, Ronnie James Dio)

Short guys are too timid and cannot pull of the "bad boy" image (Busted by Al Pacino)

Women who judge short men on myths are simply ignorant.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TubularBells28
I dunno, I don't view attraction in a sense as looks such as Tom Cruise. Rather, I view it as accomplishments and personality and talents.

For instance, Bono was named a person of the year, and he is a pretty short guy.
I especially like short guys who bust female myths toward short guys, such as:

Short guys cannot protect me (Busted by Bruce Lee, Pat Morita, and about half of the men's bodybuilding circuit)

Tall guys are viewed as better leaders (Busted by Napoleon Bonaparte, Mahatma Gandhi, T.E. Lawerence, Thomas Jefferson)

Short guys are often insecure and not confident (Busted by Angus Young, Spud Webb, Ronnie James Dio)

Short guys are too timid and cannot pull of the "bad boy" image (Busted by Al Pacino)

Women who judge short men on myths are simply ignorant.
You want another example of short guy with the badboy image?
Look no further than James Dean.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to share some of my persoanl experience here, hope it might be helpful...:)

I'd say I'm average 5'8, so I don't pretend that my experience is very representative of that of a "real short" guy. But still the psychological experience must be pretty close.

---------------------

When back in highschool, I got picked on verbally pretty often, almost everyday, mostly because I'm different (I'm Chinese, so ethnicity was a factor, my ideals and my habits were different from those rich boys and big shots' children from my private school).
But one of the factors was that I was "short", the second shortest guy of the class (around 100-150 people), and the shortest guy was nicknamed "the dwarf". So just imagine the pressure...:rolleyes:
I had no friends, let alone girlfriends... Although I was one of the best students at school, I was depressed and I was very self-conscious about my height. I was always thinking :"If only I was taller, something like 5'10 or more, people would respect me more, I won't be the stereotypically labelled the short asian and the girls would like me".
When I walk on the streets, if I see an attractive tall girl who's almost as tall as me or taller than me, I would feel this huge frustration growing on me "she must look down on me, me the short guy, there's NO chance for me with a girl like that". If there was anything I could do to be 5'10 or taller, I would have done it...
I was desperate and pathetic, getting angry for no reason over my height, even my parents would be worried about my beight complex from time to time.

Then I went to the best school in France for my university studies, two years of studies so hellish that time just passed without me having too much time to worry about my "short height" and all the consequences. Basically all we did was studying, nothing else.

Two years later, the big exams came, I finally got into one of the best engineering schools in the nation, now it's party time!
I started to bcome more and more social, the people there were definitely more intersting and nicer than the racist rich kids from highschool.
I made more and more friends, and more and more people got to know my name, I was becoming one of the "famous" people on the campus, lot of people knew who I was.
No one would make fun of me over my height anymore, I felt respected, I felt good. In return, I got even more social and more confident.

The only problem was that the school had very few females, and most of them were ugly. And since the campus was pretty far from everything, we were pretty screwed girls wise.
So although I was much more confident and social than before, the obsession of the "tall girl" complex was still haunting me.

Then I went to the States for my master's degree. Damn ! That was amazing!
30000 people on the same campus, half boys and HALF ARE GIRLS!
It was the first time for me to see something like this, amazing!

But then I was quickly pulled back to reality, I was a master's student in the computer science program: almost zero female student in all the classes I take, and most of the students are not from the states, so no such thing as the potential "hot female friends" of my classmates or immediat acquaitances.

I went to some of the international students' parties, it's ok, but not great. There were some female students, some were very pretty , but they were all grad students and much older than me, so no interest on my part. But I started to notice something: they actually like me alot. I wasn't the short asian guy, but rather the funny social and interesting chinese guy from Paris who speaks perfect french.

The biggest change came when I started to go to the local clubs with my friends.
At the beginning it was weird and "hard". All you guys who go out sure can imagine this: a bunch of european short/average guys in engineering majors, with absoluetly NO social proof in a college town club, speaking poor english on topt of that.
Anybody decent in college would at least KNOW some cute girls they go out partying with.
We were like a bunch of losers in the middle of all this, many TALL and goodlooking guys, dressed sharp, and having fun with their hot female "friends", requiring only little effort to escalate things...

We felt like sh*t...:(

Personnally, from my previous socializing and partying from the engineering school, I really liked dancing. Dancing with girls is definitelt much more fun, but I could have fun dancing by myself. I wasn't one of the guys who pretend to enjoying dancing when actually they just like the excuse to grab girls.

As time passed, all my friends didn't want to go to the clubs anymore because of the lack of success. At the mean time, I befriended some of the dancers from the club (those who are paid to dance before the patrons get all drunk and get the courage to hit the floor), and I started to learn how to breakdance.
Now without knowing it, I was getting more and more social proof.

Until some day, a gorgeous but shy "nice girl" came on to me, she couldn't get enough of me. I was really really surprised, I mean, everybody in the club wanted her, all taller than me. I was just this short asian guy who doesn't come with a single hot female friend, thus zero social proof, who just happens to know a little breakdancing.(don't want to create any unnecessary arguing here, but it's true that Asians are usually perceived as uncool and unsexual in the US due to negative racial clichés. Which is not the case in France for example...)
Seeing this, many other girls also wanted a piece of me, grabbing my asss and stuff, pretty annoying since I was so focused on the first girl:D

Me, the short slef-conscious engineering guy, knowing zero HBs got all this??? That was beyond belief...

And the same scheme happended a couple of times through out the year. Every time, it's the same type of girl: very beautiful but "innocent looking", not the whorish, make-up clad partygirls who want everybody to fancy them.

Then again, for some reasons, I got tired of pure engineering stuff and went back to France to study marketing. I discovered a whole new world.
Now half of the people I see are females, far more attractive than the engineering days. And the most exciting part is that most of them like me, some really fancy me. Some of the attractive ones are actually pretty tall, sometimes much taller than me.
At all the parties I go, the ladies usually always try to find an excuse to talk to me.

Now I've long been over my "short man"'s complex. Thinking back, I still couldn't beleive how pathetic I was...:D

---------------------------------------------------

Ok now after the storytelling, a few things I learned:

- If you are short or at least you feel short, you need to learn how be confortable with your body. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's absolutely true! Trying to overcompensate by being overly agressive or trying to hide it with some high heel shoes will only make you look pathetic.

- Confidence is the key, I'm talking about real confidence, not when you fake it. Because when you fake confidence, you either overdo it or you fall back again into being a wimp. But again I agree that condifence doesn't come out of nowhere. It comes from past SUCCESS. If I didn't get to become so social and interesting thanks to the positive feedbacks I was getting, if I didn't live the encounters with those real real beautiful girls who wanted me, nobody but me, I'm not sure if I would be who I am now.

- Now let's come back to height and the hot tall girls, I totally agree with what some one said a few threads earlier, There are two types of tall girls: those who don't really care as long as you have something to offer in other fields, and those who want nothing less than a tall guy. Now it's just your job to find those who are of the first type and who are also of your taste

- Do NOT automatically assume that every girl wants a tall guy, just like don't assume that every guy wants a girl with big chest, or that every guy wants a girl with blond hair. It might be the case quite often, but it's not always the case. Again go out and look for those who don't get hung up on the height issue instead of lamenting about your height all day long.

- Being short doesn't excuse you from being fit. Personnaly I don't recommend becoming real bulk, because that would be a kind of overcompensation. I've seen girls laughing at some anaesthetically overly muscular short guys. Trust me, it's a NO NO. Personnaly, I noticed that after I started doing breakdancing and capoeira and I got more fit (swimmer type of fit), I got more looks.

- Ok I might add that I also realize now (more than in high school) that I have a good looking face. Like some one said earlier, if you are short and you are good looking, many times you can get away with it, but not always though.

I know my input is kinda messy, sorry for this. We are not writing abook here right?
:)

Last edited:

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, as far as appearance goes, a good-looking face overrides all.
I completely understand the hardship you went through, because Asians do seem to get the least respect from women, no matter what their height is.
And once again, I have said it over and over but nobody will listen: body proportion is much more important than trying to attain monstrous musle mass. Testosterone freaks on this board will try to argue against me here, but a short guy with a pile of muscle isn't exactly a work of art. Sure, you'll run into many women who prefer a lot of muscle, but statistically speaking, you'll probably attract more women if you just maintain the athletic look, with a V shaped upper body, nice abs, cut body.

Finally, I must say, social status is WAY overrated. If I chose to, I could become THE most popular man on campus, with ease. Everyone seems to think the other guy is way better at socializing and meeting new people, but let me tell you, from my experience of years of being kinda isolated, and recently mingling with many "friends" I have made, socializing is the EASY part. I am the type of guy who needs very little social interactions to be happy, and I can honestly say, when it comes to getting girls, I can do just as well by myself as with other people. All a man has to do is intentionally place himself in social situations where girls are plentiful, and it doesn't matter how many friends he has, as long as he knows what he is doing.

philly_95

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm probably the shortest person on Sosuave.com. I am 5'1 and a half, and i am asian. So do short guys have a hard time getting women?

I say it all depends on your attiude and your self esteem. Back when i was in high school i had no problems going out on dates with girls that are taller then me. In fact all the women i dated have been taller than me. The tallest one being 5'9 and a half. I don't go for asian girls, all the women i have dated have all been caucasian, which i perfer.

Now that i'm older (26 yr) I find that it's harder to get women. Cause where i live most women want a guy with a fat bank account, etc, or looking for someone they can marry, etc.

i lost my confidence in my self, due to personal problems i have been having. So i'm starting to work on my self instead of worrying about wtf women think of me.

I can't change me height, i don't like being short. I can ***** about it 24/7 and it won't make me grow taller. I would be so happy if i was even 5'5 or 5'7.

So for all the guys on this board *****ing about your height be happy your that taller than me. I got it hard being short and being asian. But i'm just not going to throw in the towel.

I have worked on my apperance like grooming and clothes. And the clothes you wear do make a difference etc.

I got lots of goals to accompish in 2006 to turn my life around. I ain't worried what the *****es think. I working on getting my life on track instead.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And once again, I have said it over and over but nobody will listen: body proportion is much more important than trying to attain monstrous musle mass. Testosterone freaks on this board will try to argue against me here, but a short guy with a pile of muscle isn't exactly a work of art. Sure, you'll run into many women who prefer a lot of muscle, but statistically speaking, you'll probably attract more women if you just maintain the athletic look, with a V shaped upper body, nice abs, cut body.
I can't agree more!!!
:up:

I got lots of goals to accompish in 2006 to turn my life around. I ain't worried what the *****es think. I working on getting my life on track instead.
That's the attitude man !!!
:)

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, I came SO very close to getting killed a few months ago. I was in a coma.

A few more inches either way, I wouldn't be sitting here piping in on this height thread.

I'm doing good now. My perspective was knocked into reality after what I went through. I'm alive, and I'm gonna take this life by the horns.

I'm short? Boo hoo, geez whiz, what will I do :eek: Whatever the case, I've earned my stripes lately and there is no sucker in the world who's gonna bring me down cause they are several inches taller than me.