"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

****y and funny in a 2nd language

comote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
To all those bilingual dj's, how good are you at ****y and funny in your second language?
Here is the thing, I do fine in english but I love latina's and the ones I meet where I am at are off the boat. I speak spanish well enough that our conversations will be in spanish, however whenever I try to be ****y in spanish it just comes off like I am an a$$hole. I have gotten to the point where I am contemplating just saying the ****y lines in english since they all speak some english anyways. But I grew up with the habit that english is english and spanish is spanish and you don't mix the languages so I find it hard to switch gears like that.
Any suggestions from anybody in similar situations.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
I live in a bilingual city, and ****y & funny does not seem to work for me in French, I also come off as an *******. Francophones don't take it as lightly as Anglo girls.

That's why I've had more success with the English-speaking honeys. Now, my adapted game in French is actually the same as my English game but without the ****y and funny part (I just can't seem to be humorous in French...).
 

MrBond007

Banned
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada,Quebec
Im sorry to say but you probably sounded pretty stupid. I learned english and I have to say I am quite good at it. As a matter of fact, most english people living in Quebec find billingual quebecers to speak english very well. On the other hand, most english speakers do not put too much energy into studying other languages because theres virtually no need to.
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
I'll assume MrBond's comment is targeted at me.

Anyways, first of all, since when did this turn into a debate and clichés of French Quebeckers and English Quebeckers, both come in different shapes and sizes. I, for one, know both Anglophones and Francophones, some learned how to speak the other language properly, some didn't. Point final, as we say :)

Second of all, you're assuming that English is my first language, when it is in fact my third, right after French. I learned English mostly off television, the Internet, & the street, since English classes here are the most demanding in the world.

To get back to the subject of the topic, I was just pointing out that C&F didn't work for me in French, but since it worked in English I assumed that French girls have a different way of receiving comments like that. Maybe it's just my way of speaking French, now that I think about it, I may sound a lot more a$$holish, since all women are the same. It may also be cultural differences, since French girls usually misinterpret C&F as boasting and a sense of superiority ("il se pense bon").

The funny thing is, after telling me that I sounded stupid and your English was good (the point of that would be...?), you forgot to even mention the use of C&F in another language (which I assume would be French since you're from Mtl). Tell me how that went, and how to use it adequately, I'm eager to know.
 

MrBond007

Banned
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada,Quebec
Originally posted by Engetsu
I'll assume MrBond's comment is targeted at me.

Anyways, first of all, since when did this turn into a debate and clichés of French Quebeckers and English Quebeckers, both come in different shapes and sizes. I, for one, know both Anglophones and Francophones, some learned how to speak the other language properly, some didn't. Point final, as we say :)

Second of all, you're assuming that English is my first language, when it is in fact my third, right after French. I learned English mostly off television, the Internet, & the street, since English classes here are the most demanding in the world.

To get back to the subject of the topic, I was just pointing out that C&F didn't work for me in French, but since it worked in English I assumed that French girls have a different way of receiving comments like that. Maybe it's just my way of speaking French, now that I think about it, I may sound a lot more a$$holish, since all women are the same. It may also be cultural differences, since French girls usually misinterpret C&F as boasting and a sense of superiority ("il se pense bon").

The funny thing is, after telling me that I sounded stupid and your English was good (the point of that would be...?), you forgot to even mention the use of C&F in another language (which I assume would be French since you're from Mtl). Tell me how that went, and how to use it adequately, I'm eager to know.
Just learn the language`s patterns and the accent. nuff said.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
I never talk english here in reallife, that would make no sense ... I have no issues with C+F in my mothertongue, C+F is completely natural :)
 

Wong Fei Hung

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
C+F in my fathertongue is sexy. When I speak in my native language (Macanese), the girls around me get excited. It must be my very voice and how I stress my words. I am naturally a great guy. I am not a nice guy or a jerk, just in between.


I have the greatest responses when I talk in a foreign language like Spanish to HBs who does not speak Spanish fluently! I cant wait until I speak Polish words! ;)
 

madgame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
860
Reaction score
1
Did you try ****y and funny in french with french girls or with girls from Québec? I think this is very important, cause u need to know whether it was your lacking ****y and funny language abilities or if it was the girls mindest...maybe french girls have a different mentality or something...
My first language is german, but c&f works well for me in german and english ;-) (speak french too but havent gotten to try c&f in it yet :-( )
 

comote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
I think there may be point when saying it might be the girls rather than the abilities in the second language.
Still, when I go to spanish I have had latin girls just look at me like I am the most arrogant sob alive when I say something to bust on them and this does not happen to me in english. I will do a field test and try ****y and funny on the spanish speakers in english and see the reaction.
By the way I am glad that so many of you are multicultural pimps.
 
Top