Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wtf is she trying to do?

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really confused about this girl, she shows strong signs of interest and yet seems scared.

First of all, for those of you who want to know how I met her (2 weeks ago) read this thread:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67503

So basically what happened afterwards is after I sent her a message through facebook she replied back saying that she forgot to hook up her room phone after the winterbreak. Then she IMed me and we talked a little. For the past 2 weeks she keeps IMing me (I IMed her twice too, but she IMed me at least 10 times by now) asking me how things are going, what I'm up to and we basicly just chat for 5 mins about boring stuff each time. So after her IMing me about 5 times I decided that her interest level seemed pretty high, so I asked her out to get some coffee. Here is a log from that part of the convo:

Me: btw you ahve any plans later this week?
Her: ya actually I have sorority stuff all weekend
Her: morning till night
Her: not cool
Me: interesting, well lets get together for some coffee before the weekend then
Her: hmm ok I have to look at my schedule for this week
Her: but I'll do that later
Her: but that sounds good

I might be wrong, but her response seems to me like saying "I don't want to go get coffee with you, but I don't have a good excuse right now, how about you give me some time and I'll come up with one" in ********.

After that I told her to IM me when she makes up her mind and I would try to make some time, she said ok but I already knew that she wasn't going to IM me aboutt he coffee. However, I expected her to try to avoid me afterwards and stop starting convos to me.

But apparently I was wrong again, within 24 hours she IMs me again to say hi and asking how I'm doing. Since I already sensed from before that she didn't seem too comfortable about the coffee I never mentioned it again. And she didn't either. She already IMed me about 5 times afterwards, never once mentioning the coffee. Just today when I went to play some basketball with a friend at night she IMed me again but I wasn't there to talk to her:

Her: hey
Her: you arent out tonight
*** "She" signed off at Sat Feb 05 01:18:36 2005.

I'm completely confused about her reaction to the coffee date, first of all if she was interested she would at least say later on something like "you know, I don't think I'll be able to make time for that coffee thing", she wouldn't just "forget" about it. Then again, if she was completely uninterested she wouldn't be the one to initiate all the convos with me. And it seems weird to me if she would jsut want to be friends. I don't know about girl mentality, but for me it would be completely absurd to decide to myself "I'm completely not attracted to this girl, but she would make the best friend, I really got to get her to be my friend". I mean I didn't even talk to her that much at the party, we mostly danced the whole night. So I'm really not convinced that she just wants to be friends, but why would she be scared of my approaches? I mean not only is she a sorority girl, and is completely open, but she was also all over me at the party. After the party my interest level in her was extremely high, but after this IM bull**** it's slowly dropping. If she wasn't a hyper IMer, I'd probably next her by now, guys I need some advice, wtf is wrong with her? I mean the girl is very hot, so I really want to know wtf is with her?

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
chicks dig IM, don't play her game. make your own rules

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
I'm really confused about this girl, she shows strong signs of interest and yet seems scared.

First of all, for those of you who want to know how I met her (2 weeks ago) read this thread:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67503

So basically what happened afterwards is after I sent her a message through facebook she replied back saying that she forgot to hook up her room phone after the winterbreak. Then she IMed me and we talked a little. For the past 2 weeks she keeps IMing me (I IMed her twice too, but she IMed me at least 10 times by now) asking me how things are going, what I'm up to and we basicly just chat for 5 mins about boring stuff each time. So after her IMing me about 5 times I decided that her interest level seemed pretty high, so I asked her out to get some coffee. Here is a log from that part of the convo:

Me: btw you ahve any plans later this week?
Her: ya actually I have sorority stuff all weekend
Her: morning till night
Her: not cool
Me: interesting, well lets get together for some coffee before the weekend then
Her: hmm ok I have to look at my schedule for this week
Her: but I'll do that later
Her: but that sounds good

I might be wrong, but her response seems to me like saying "I don't want to go get coffee with you, but I don't have a good excuse right now, how about you give me some time and I'll come up with one" in ********.

After that I told her to IM me when she makes up her mind and I would try to make some time, she said ok but I already knew that she wasn't going to IM me aboutt he coffee. However, I expected her to try to avoid me afterwards and stop starting convos to me.

But apparently I was wrong again, within 24 hours she IMs me again to say hi and asking how I'm doing. Since I already sensed from before that she didn't seem too comfortable about the coffee I never mentioned it again. And she didn't either. She already IMed me about 5 times afterwards, never once mentioning the coffee. Just today when I went to play some basketball with a friend at night she IMed me again but I wasn't there to talk to her:

Her: hey
Her: you arent out tonight
*** "She" signed off at Sat Feb 05 01:18:36 2005.

I'm completely confused about her reaction to the coffee date, first of all if she was interested she would at least say later on something like "you know, I don't think I'll be able to make time for that coffee thing", she wouldn't just "forget" about it. Then again, if she was completely uninterested she wouldn't be the one to initiate all the convos with me. And it seems weird to me if she would jsut want to be friends. I don't know about girl mentality, but for me it would be completely absurd to decide to myself "I'm completely not attracted to this girl, but she would make the best friend, I really got to get her to be my friend". I mean I didn't even talk to her that much at the party, we mostly danced the whole night. So I'm really not convinced that she just wants to be friends, but why would she be scared of my approaches? I mean not only is she a sorority girl, and is completely open, but she was also all over me at the party. After the party my interest level in her was extremely high, but after this IM bull**** it's slowly dropping. If she wasn't a hyper IMer, I'd probably next her by now, guys I need some advice, wtf is wrong with her? I mean the girl is very hot, so I really want to know wtf is with her?
"Her: hmm ok I have to look at my schedule for this week"

AHHAHAHA. What is this girl? A CEO? She has to look at her "schedule" for a coffee break? Give ME a break. Low IL. There is nothing more to it than that.

Your gut is right. Learn to trust it. Your translation in ******** for her reaction seems plausible, although I think that she just wanted to keep you hanging about the whole coffee thing in order to keep your ATTENTION, not that she couldn't come up with an excuse (women are full of them). If she said no flat out you would be like ok, you're not interested, bye. But since she didn't flat out say no, she keeps you hooked. Now she can keep you and try to turn you into her

a) emotional tampon
b) girlfriend
c) psychiatrist

Don't fall for this BS. She's simply not that interested. Drop her.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you what you could do.....First go after other girls, keep her in the back of your mind. I suggest as a final attempt to peak any interest (before you drop her for good), start giving her one word type answers through IM. Then cut conversations short and say you have to go somewhere. Start ignoring her messages more and more. But if she EVER (or already has) FOR ANY REASON drops the "I've got a problem please be my bytch and help me feel better" RUN for the hills. However, don't waste too much time trying to peak interest, no woman is worth it.

If she still doesn't seem interested enough still, then completely drop her. She's not worth the time.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she's INTERESTED in BEING JUST FRIENDS.

Instant Messaging is the LOWEST but QUICKEST of non-verbal communication between two or more people.

If you're going to do any "internet" messaging, Stick with Emails.