Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wrist pain during workouts

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading an post on another site about someone who has wrist pains while lifting, particularly during benches and curls. I thought, "That's me!"

I don't know why I'd just accepted it as something I had to live with. From reading the post responses, it sounds like I need to work on my wrists to make them stronger. (This sounds really obvious now that I'm typing it, but I just didn't think about it.)

So, I've started using light weights to work my wrists. There was a recommended workout involving putting your arms and wrists on your legs while sitting up, and curling the weights up like you're revving a motorcycle. I've only been doing it for a few days, but it seems to be helping.

Any other ways I can help my wrists get stronger? (inb4 "deadlift, you idiot")

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any other ways I can help my wrists get stronger?
A long time ago I had carpal tunnel, and one thing that helped was to slowly crush up a big page of newspaper. Only use one hand, don't push your hand against anything, and start with one corner and slowly pull it into a crumbled ball into your hand.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just bought these anvil fitness lifting bands recently for deadlifting and such. So far, I like them... I don't feel as sore with the help from the support after the workout. :up:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does it do? Does it help with cartiliage and or ligiment/tendon repair/buildup?
Basically yeah. It helps with everything joint related. I've done some stupid stuff in the gym that probably should have caused massive inflammation in my wrists, and maybe I did have it. But after one month of taking this stuff every day, nothing. Even if I do stupid crap again that could/should fvck up my wrists even more, I don't feel any pain after making a mistake in technique or something even though I normally would. Great stuff imo.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Google tennis elbow exercises Essential Tennis. U ll find wrist stretches and exercises

homie

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can add some bodyweight movements like handstands for extended periods of time, hangs on the bar and chinups when you use an underhand grip and at the top point you additionally squeeze the wrist joint along with this curling movement, I hope I expressed understandably :rolleyes:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it hurts, don't do it. The only way an injury heals is to lay off it, and maybe take anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen.

THEN, after your wrist heals, you can start doing those exercises. As for helping your forearms in bench and curls, yes, forearm curls should help you with that. That develops wrist strength rather than finger strength.