Wow.....just.....WOW....

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another post grinder made this comment

grinder said:
If there is approximately one good woman for every five hundred or so
Which got me to thinking about a chick I met recently.

The title of the post says it all. Words cannot describe this girl. Not a "10" in the looks department (although she is very attractive) but her personality and demeanor more than make up for it.

I just met this chick. Only spent about 30 minutes with her and it was business, not pleasure. You might say that I am idealizing a chick I don't even know.

But here's the funny thing. I KNOW BETTER. And my business partner who was right there with me shares the same opinion of her. We BOTH know better. He knows the score when it comes to women. She's the "one in 500" that grinder speaks of.

How often do you guys meet a chick that really rocks your sox from the first minute you start talking to her?

I would say for me it happens MAYBE once a year. And usually they are married. I wonder why!

Sucks for me cause my business partner kind of called dibs on this chick. plus she is a concierge in the building i am moving in to, so that's not exactly the best situation. But damn. DAMN!

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Str8up,

I feel ya' dude. I would say that I meet a woman who knocks my socks off maybe LESS than 3 times a year-----and that's when I've been purposefully sarging my ASS off that year! lol

But yeah, like you already said, you know that you ARE idealizing her somewhat, but it's only natural. To me, that just proves how important it REALLY is for men OR women to make a GREAT first impression.

I've found that in the past, if I've made a big enough "first impression", it works as sort of "money in the bank" for me during the course of my subsequent interactions with the woman. So, in a way, she THEN becomes mine to LOSE...

It's kind of like that episode of Third Rock From the Sun where John Lithgow's character went to a restaurant and placed a $30 tip on the table. And when asked why he did it, he said something like this:

"I believe in starting the waitresses off with the MAXIMUM tip...and depending on how well she waits on me, I may choose to make some DEDUCTIONS from her tip!"

LOL.

So yeah, whenever we DO meet a chick that makes us go "WOW", we really do have to be careful and watch ourselves, or otherwise we might fall into that old familiar trap of "putting the pusssy on a pedestal".

March on.

Last edited:

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sucks for me cause my business partner kind of called dibs on this chick.
Dibs schmibs.

What was it that stood out to you?
This. And is she American? Is she a small town person?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My guess is she was a winning combination of classiness, being nice, being intensely and genuinely interested in what Str8up had to say with tons of eye contact on him during that time, and exuding a confident charisma about her.

Can't wait to see what the real answer is though lol.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To hell with your business partner. You are required to go for this one. Never, ever, never never ever let a good opportunity pass you by without taking your shot.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
My guess is she was a winning combination of classiness, being nice, being intensely and genuinely interested in what Str8up had to say with tons of eye contact on him during that time, and exuding a confident charisma about her.

Can't wait to see what the real answer is though lol.
Not far off. I like the confident charisma line.

My very first impression was that i liked her look and looks. She was dressed in a white button down collared shirt that was pretty conservative, if not for the fact that it was see through enough to see her black bra that silhouetted her nicely shaped breasts, hehe. She also has a pretty face and I loved the hairstyle (longish with shorter bangs, and blonde, which is unusual for me).

I liked her looks, but it wasn't until i observed her for a minute and started talking to her that the star began to shine. The way she carries herself in a feminine manner. She is well spoken and obviously intelligent. Very classy but definitely not pretentious.

You know how some people you can just tell within a minute of conversation that they are sweet and genuine? She was that times 10. I called the office today and left a message to schedule a move in time, and she was the one who called me back. Man, what a sweety. Her voice was like warm honey. I could sit there and listen to her talk and talk.

Any time both my biz partner and I meet a chick like this (we know a couple others) all we have to do is shoot each other a look and we immediately know the other is thinking the same thing. And I don't think there has ever been a time when we DIDN'T agree on a woman having the essence about her.

Another one of these women works at our bank. Early 30's, has a kid and a hubby, but what a KNOCKOUT. Puerto Rican with nice mocha skin and long dark curly hair. So sweet you want to talk to her for hours. Too bad I never got to hang with her outside of work. NICE. I would even make her an exception to my single mommy (and over 30) rule. She's that nice.

This woman I just met stands SO far away from the crowd I don't know how anyone could not see it. It's like an oasis in a parched desert- you walk around all day and all you see is a bunch of dry, parched sand and rocks. Eventually you start to hallucinate and begin to see a few mirages, but when the real thing appears you lap it up like nectar from the gods.

This reminds me....my dad said recently that when he first met my mom he turned to his friend and said "That's the girl I'm gonna marry", and he did. They have been together for close to 40 years now. My mom was definitely a catch. I'm wondering if I am destined to follow in his footsteps ;)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
To me, that just proves how important it REALLY is for men OR women to make a GREAT first impression.

I've found that in the past, if I've made a big enough "first impression", it works as sort of "money in the bank" for me during the course of my subsequent interactions with the woman.
So very true.

My deadly combo for a first impression is

1) Social proof. It works best if you are introduced through a mutual friend, prefferrably female.

2) The first time we meet is at my house. i know it sounds bad and some of you might say that you don't want a woman who likes you for where you live, but all other things equal having a nice place gives you points. A "Cribs" style pad is a bonus ;)

3) I answer the door in the most confident, ****y, and funny tone I can muster.

If I do all three of these I can usually know if I will at least be making out with a chick by the end of the night.

Of course, all you really need is #3, but like I said, the combo is deadly.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
So very true.

My deadly combo for a first impression is

1) Social proof. It works best if you are introduced through a mutual friend, prefferrably female.

2) The first time we meet is at my house. i know it sounds bad and some of you might say that you don't want a woman who likes you for where you live, but all other things equal having a nice place gives you points. A "Cribs" style pad is a bonus ;)

3) I answer the door in the most confident, ****y, and funny tone I can muster.

If I do all three of these I can usually know if I will at least be making out with a chick by the end of the night.

Of course, all you really need is #3, but like I said, the combo is deadly.
#1 is a mistake. The best way to TRULY drive a woman insane is by coming into her life from nowhere. The less she knows about you...the more she will idealize you. She won't even know what hit her.

Being introduced by somebody else...means that there is a third party involve that can be reached and give an opinion. Sometimes, the opinion might be SO good...that it might take the "dangerous edge" and "mystery" away from you.

Every single woman that I have been involved in either LTR (including marriage) or women that have been driven crazy by me...are those that I met casually on my own.

#2 is not advisable. It is better to go to HER place before she goes to yours (prior to that a happy hour with only the two of you is cool - in fact the way STRANGERS such as a bartender or waitress treat YOU is the best way to show social proof). Here is why...it gives you a chance to learn more about HER. I know you want her go to your place, because you probably have a nice place and want to impress her. Here is the thing...it should be the other way around. SHE should be the one trying to impress you.

#3 is not needed at all...if you manage to be good with #1.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
STR8UP said:
What good social proof is she if she is only a female "friend"? That means you are in the "friendzone". If your female "friend" is introducing you to other chics, it shows that your female "friend" isn't into you, which sends the chic you'd like to hook up with, a message that you aren't a prize.

You should only let chics you are f*cking(or the ones you have a potential to f*ck) introduce you to other women. THEY will be the ones to help your game since they'll be ranting and raving about you.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
#1 is a mistake. The best way to TRULY drive a woman insane is by coming into her life from nowhere. The less she knows about you...the more she will idealize you. She won't even know what hit her.
If you have a fan club there is no battle to get past a woman's defenses. Both methods have their benefits and drawbacks.

#2 is not advisable. It is better to go to HER place before she goes to yours (prior to that a happy hour with only the two of you is cool - in fact the way STRANGERS such as a bartender or waitress treat YOU is the best way to show social proof). Here is why...it gives you a chance to learn more about HER. I know you want her go to your place, because you probably have a nice place and want to impress her. Here is the thing...it should be the other way around. SHE should be the one trying to impress you.
I'm not talking about dates. I'm talking about friends of friends. this is a specific example of something that works well for me in this context.

And the subject was YOU making a first impression, not her, but of course it works both ways.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
What good social proof is she if she is only a female "friend"? That means you are in the "friendzone".
When I say "female friend" I use the term loosely in most cases. Only one of them is truly platonic, and even that one had a little too much to drink one night, so I let her sleep in my bed with me and she asked the next day if anything "happened" (which of course it didn't, but it shows that she had considered the possibility that it might).

Most of my lady friends I have either had sex with or at least messed around with. I don't do the "friend zone" in the sense that I don't allow myself to hang around with women i am hot for if the feeling isn't mutual. I don't play those kinds of games with women.

If your female "friend" is introducing you to other chics, it shows that your female "friend" isn't into you, which sends the chic you'd like to hook up with, a message that you aren't a prize.
One in particular that comes to mind who likes me, but she is the "side dish" of a friend of mine, so she won't give it up. The funny thing is that she got REAL pissed one night when I got her best friend naked in the jacuzzi, but since then every time she brings a new friends over I end up at least making out with one of them. We even joke about how she doesn't have any friends left I HAVEN'T made out with or fukked...haha.

Seriously though, they usually stop by my place before we go out and I lay on the charming, ****y/funny personality, our mutual friend takes them on the grand tour of my place and it's all downhill from there.

Reaction score
I tend to meet a lot of nice girls.. for the most part I have met 5 or 6 girls that I could have wifed if I was some farmboy hick with dreams of pre age 25 marriage.. there are a lot of good ones out there....I'm thinking 20% are good who will respect u, but that is with help from this website.. before when I was truly 100% afc it was around 0%