"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Wow, being honest went a long way.

Josh_rugged

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Been having problems with my girlfriend of 11 months. She changed a lot and always had plans with her friends all the time, and ofcourse.....no time for me. I let this go for a while, telling her every once in a while to make time for me. ( wanna make things work )

But recently, I got down and dirty with the situation. I gained a lot of upper-hand on her by being down right....Almost ignorantly honest. I let it out in a decent matter, no shouting, no name calling ( theres not excuse for that ).

Dont know if anyone has been in this situation, im sure you have. But I told her if she cant meet me half way, then im through with the whole relationship. If you threaten to end it all, she'll either do 2 things.....Dump your rear and find someone else. ( she wasn't worth the time if that happends ) or she'll realize that she does want things to work out, and begin to show you some respect. Guys, if you sick of how things are running, then be honest, so honest that it even hurts you. Im still learning this game, but im gaining some ground here and there.....

Anyone have any tips for me??? im all eyes. Thank you!!!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

DJD

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
You simply handled things like a man (should) - you didn't pout, throw fit, fly into a rage - you simply told her how things were in a calm, mature manner - BRAVO! You also invoked what I and others here call 'walk away power'. If she gives a sh*t about you, she'll try to stop you from leaving (& vice-versa). Some women respond only to such extremes. A lot of them also seem to respond well to gut-level honesty, even when it involves something they'd generally rather not hear... Well done.
 

^_^

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Hmm, you see. i was in the same situation. I sat her down, talked to her, and basicaly told her if she is going to choose her friends over me she would lose me as a friend in the process.

Things changed really quickly....for about 3 weeks. Then I told her again and we ended up breaking up. 5 weeeks later when I started dating another girl she broke down in tears begging for me to come back. I told her no, and that she made a big mistake. She was hurt for a couple days (keep in mind I live with her) but she's all good now. She still wants me back, so it's a nice contigency plan if I need it ;-). btw, this was a two year relationship.

Bottom line; be honest and dont ever treat her like crap. If she cares enough about you, and you care enough about her, you can always make things work out. There are just some bumps you have to get over.

Josh_ruged, I dont know if you want her back (might have misread it) but if you do, go for it. She shouldnt mess it up again, if she does then you know she isnt worth it.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by ^_^

Things changed really quickly....for about 3 weeks. Then I told her again and we ended up breaking up. 5 weeeks later when I started dating another girl she broke down in tears begging for me to come back. I told her no, and that she made a big mistake. She was hurt for a couple days (keep in mind I live with her) but she's all good now. She still wants me back, so it's a nice contigency plan if I need it ;-). btw, this was a two year relationship.
Another classical example of wanting what we cant have :p

you'd think of you got back with her, she'd be pulling the same **** again :p

but after this lesson, she probably woulndt dare pull this again in another relationship. unless her next bf is afc.
 

Josh_rugged

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
No, we are still dating one another. I just had to tell her how things are, because we both care a great deal for each other. ( never been in such a great relationship ) and instead of making a fool out of myself, I truely thought about the case.

Yes, diffently show her respect, to let her know that if you two break up, she might loose out on a good person. So be true to yourself, and let her know what you think. Otherwise, your hurting her, and yourself very much. Show her your mature enough to know the situation.

And good point, if you both love each other enough, you'll do anything to keep it running smoothly. Communication is a BIGGEST part of the relationship, if 2 cant talk, there isn't anything there.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
It sounds so simple, yet I know that it is so effective.

Not speaking up is a common mistake and probably one of my own biggest faults of the past (not just with women either). Some people just don't have the balls to be up front and honest not wanting to cause a row or risk the relationship. The risk is when you don't say anything, because then you get treated like a doormat.

I think you handled it well and as you said, if she dumped you on the basis of you being honest, she is not worth it.

I'll also add that being straightforward, yet composed, is a good way to deal with most people, even in your job.
 
Top