Would you still attend this wedding?!

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi you are a sh1t disturber.

iqqi said:
Sounds like a man of character in comparison.
Define a man of character?! you don't even know the guy. I bet you wouldn't think he was a man of character if you were one of the girls he was messing around with. He used to take pictures of them fvcking him (with their permission of coarse) and then show it to his friends (which they didn't know about). He taught me how to lie to girls to get into their pants and he showed me how easy it is to manipulate them. The guy was a playa and I looked up to him. He showed me the lifestyle of a playa which sort of open the door to other possibilities and its a good thing I found sosuave because that lifestyle fvcked me up. player's get girls but they are prone to faliure in the long term once the girl discovered how fake you are. You also end up doing sh1t you don't want to do and lose yourself in the fake character you created for yourself.

Now do you think he is a man of character?!

iqqi said:
You owe this man some integrity and the least you could do as a grown man is NOT judge that guy's character in such a negative way.
Tell me where have i judged this guy's character in negative way?! (other then this post)

iqqi said:
You are painting him out to be a grimy shady dude, and that is seeming to me like a reflection on yourself.
Again you are seeing what you want to see, no where I am painting him to be a grimy shady dude. It is your misguided interpratation.

I am a REALIST, I have a right to know and refuse things in this world that don't make sense to me.

iqqi said:
And WTF, are you rich!? Because if you aren't and you would think he is using you for something as trivial as a cash gift or a present, well damn.
A) I am not rich at all, I am in a situation where I am trying to save money right now and not spend it. So money does play a factor here for myself.

B) This guy does not need my money. His parents are wealthy and he is a successful in his business.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two things I'll address:

DJDamage said:
...Define a man of character?! you don't even know the guy. I bet you wouldn't think he was a man of character if you were one of the girls he was messing around with. He used to take pictures of them fvcking him (with their permission of coarse) and then show it to his friends (which they didn't know about). He taught me how to lie to girls to get into their pants and he showed me how easy it is to manipulate them. The guy was a playa and I looked up to him. He showed me the lifestyle of a playa which sort of open the door to other possibilities and its a good thing I found sosuave because that lifestyle fvcked me up. player's get girls but they are prone to faliure in the long term once the girl discovered how fake you are.

Now do you think he is a man of character?!
I think that him showing you around and teaching you what he knew (taking you under his wing), is a sign of good character. Not a lot of men will have the patience or CARE to do so.

Maybe you don't agree with some of his ways now that you are older, and maybe he doesn't either, not that he is older.

As far as players being a failure and fake and is he a man of character... he seems to have succeeded in finding a woman he wants to commit to, so maybe he is not such a failure. Maybe he is, the real thing to focus on is YOU, and I think that saying he is just using you all of a sudden, is petty to me.

On a side note, if any chick lets you take a pic of her or video she is a damn dummy if she doesn't consider someone else will see the damn things. Fvckin retards. If it is for "his eyes only" then you don't need a camera. So no, I don't think badly of HIM for that.

DJDamage said:
A) I am not rich at all, I am in a situation where I am trying to save money right now and not spend it. So money does play a factor here for myself.

B) This guy does not need my money. His parents are wealthy and he is a successful lawyer.
So this just makes it look worse that you would consider he is USING you. FOR WHAT!?!?!?

Don't get mad at me and call me names just because I am calling you out.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
So this just makes it look worse that you would consider he is USING you. FOR WHAT!?!?!?.
Find me a quote from my posts saying that he is USING me. Nowhere did I say that he is using me, i am simply wondering as to the reasons he is asking me to go to his wedding considering we are not close and haven't been close for about 5 years. It is not as if he called me personally and told me to come to his wedding. He just send me a message on facebook saying to give me his address, that's it.

iqqi said:
Don't get mad at me and call me names just because I am calling you out.
I am not mad, I am actually amused that you take things out of context here and interpret it in your own way. If this is how you are in real life then I am sure most of the men you have dated have pulled out their own hair trying to reason with you.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Find me a quote from my posts saying that he is USING me. Nowhere did I say that he is using me, i am simply wondering as to the reasons he is asking me to go to his wedding considering we are not close and haven't been close for about 5 years. It is not as if he called me personally and told me to come to his wedding. He just send me a message on facebook saying to give me his address, that's it.

I am not mad, I am actually amused that you take things out of context here and interpret it in your own way. If this is how you are in real life then I am sure most of the men you have dated have pulled out their own hair trying to reason with you.
I am not the only one getting the impression that you think he is using you.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
did you know...
gio's own sister invited everyone she could to her wedding, even those she did not know well, haven't seen in forever, knew they lived too far away to come, second cousins or her and her groom.. even her parents cousins... and people her parents work with now and twenty years ago....

and according to gio's mother , it was because even if someone does not attend a wedding, usually they send a gift because they have good etiquette.she registered at two or three places and told everyone where she was registered and had 2 bridal showers.

gio and i did not go this route, as we wanted a small wedding. we invited our parents and siblings and their families, our grandparents and aunts and uncles.. and we told them they could bring their whole family (so if aunt loulou wanted to bring her husband two daughters and five grandchildren... it was ok but she didnt have to.) we invited our friends (i had 2 friends, he had 4 friends.) we had no registries anywhere, we actually asked people not to bring gifts, just to bring a camera and a smile. his parents helped with all the food expense and preparation and his aunt made us a cake as gifts.
i was forced by his mother to send a very few invites to co workers of her and his father because she really wanted them there, only one or two came and the rest ignored the invites.

so as you can see, some people do it for the gifts, whereas others do it only when they want your company.
since you have not really spoken to him in years, you have to go with your gut on this. do you think he might have invited you just to have some people sitting on his side of the church, because hers will be all filled up with folks?
(gios family was kind enough to spread out to my side, since i hardly had anyone there)

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
iqqi I love you always, and don't worry I will NOT let anyone ban you because I am so secretly in love with everything about you, why oh why won't you PM back or call me or engage me in conversation...
Des... look, you just aren't my type! (haha, get it, TYPE... lol).

EDIT: But I do appreciate what you are doing by having my back, and anyways Keto would be so sad if I was gone! So that's cool of you! ;)

Back to thread. Considering some of the petty reasons behind some actions and beliefs I've read on this thread, all I can say is that I am glad I am a little more idealistic about things in general.

I would have no issue with being invited to an old FRIEND's wedding, and I definately wouldn't have any issue with picking up some little token, especially if said friend made any impact in my life in the past. I would go to show my support and that to recognize I had an important role in said friend's history.

It is the same reason I'd go to the funeral of an old friend.

Regarding my own wedding, I would also invite any one in my life who ever meant anything, to come see me take what would be one of the most important steps in my life, because I would want them to be witness to that moment in my life. If they brought token gifts or not, would not matter.

I am more of a concept thinker, than a trivial sh!t thinker. No offense to anyone, but arguing over what do to or not to do, or making some decision, based on an assumption of a damned gift is trivial and petty. And offensive to the party in question!!

YA heard.