Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

would you rent a car for a date ?

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well dont jump to conclusions just yet...

i just sold my 50,K Mercedes the other day because i was moving.. I have only this back up old beater Mercedes which is 17 years old , I love the car because its fun and looks cool..but every girl whose seen it -- is disgusted by it...partly because its also squeeks a bit makes loud engine noises...

i know, i know a girl isn't going to care about your car..but i 'd like to at least make a good impression rather come off as a guy who doesn't care

now i m just thinking just for the dates i should try and get a rental car , car shopping takes me a few weeks because I dont have the time right now to visit and test drive cars...... I guess i m going to have to hide the hertz badges and all..plus its not oging to be the basic car, but one of their premium ones which cost 200 a day..

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only if it talks, Michael.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
$200 a day? Hell no.

What really is the point? The $25/day rentals do the same thing...get you from point A to point B.

If you want a nice-looking car that badly, just get a pre-owned, and pay $400-$600 a month. I don't get why you would sell a $50k Mercedes and then consider burning $200/day on a rental...and then try to go through the trouble of hiding the fact that it's a rental. And if a girl really cares that much that they wouldn't date you because of your car, then I would say to hell with that girl. You don't want to be dating that kind of girl anyway.

I wouldn't really recommend it...because from my experience, trying to impress girls with my car didn't quite work out. I ended up selling my M3 because it was just too much trouble all the time, parking it so far out in the parking lots, etc. MPG wasn't that great, and I barely even drove it much. It caused a lot more stress, and I usually got more attention from guys than girls. BMWs are actually pretty common, so most girls probably couldn't tell it apart from a regular 3-series. Even when I got new 20" rims...NONE of the attention I got from girls ever panned out to lays. The only times I got lots of attention were at car shows, and even then nothing really panned out to any real action.

I've come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter what you drive, as long as it's nice and clean. I got a new economy car now, and the peace of mind is just amazing. No need to go crazy and about shopping carts when I go to the grocery store. And no need to walk half a mile when I go to the bookstore.

I'm telling you if you get that $200/day, it's not just the money...think about parking, being careful, gas mileage, etc. It's a lot of stress. That is, if you're not a millionaire who could afford to toss lots of money without caring.

Live within your means and your life will be a lot more comfortable.

I used to also dress really nice too. $300 jeans, $200 shirts, shoes, watches, necklaces, jackets...the whole deal. Sure, I got lots of attention from girls and compliments etc., but not much panned out to sex unless I took action.

It wasn't the clothes, it was me making things happen. Then girls would start asking me for fashion advice, and guys I knew thought I was a metro...so I stopped. Now even though I dress a lot more casually, I still sort of stand out with my style...but my point is, it's really not worth it.

I'm trying to live simpler and simpler. I don't even wear cologne as often as I used to, or even shave as often. I'm starting to realize none of that matters...and in fact, my dating life is improving. I feel like I bought a lot of those things out of insecurity, feeling like I myself wasn't good enough, so I had to put up this front with expensive clothes/car to make up for what I lacked. But I wasn't lacking anything. You're not lacking anything, but a little confidence and self-esteem (in my opinion).

Life is a lot more simple and easy to just do things for you, and not because you want to impress other people. Plus, I'm sure you'll be a lot more happy that way. I know I am.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why show up in a nice car one day then the next bring your hooptie? :rolleyes:

Who cares what she thinks of your car. Do you want a girl that likes you or your car?

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would drive the old car even if i still had the 50k car at home. if a girl doesnt like you because of your car then why waste your time with her anyway?

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KneghtRyder do not pay attention to these guys most do not understand these kind of things. The rest just can not afford expensive cars so they try to rationalize by saying that even if they could afford it they wouldn't buy one or some crap like that.

First of all it depends on the type of woman you are taking on a date. Try taking a very attractive, rich, sophisticated, classy female lawyer out for a date in a 20 year old Honda and see what happens. Your average women could not care less but if you are taking out a rich, classy, sophisticated woman you want to show up in a good car. Not because she is interested in the car more than you it is simply because she is accustomed to a certain lifestyle, a rich lifestyle. Generally speaking high status people do not sleep with low status people or average status. So if you are dating sophisticated, classy, rich, high status women you will want to be driving an expensive car.

If you want the car just because you think it will get you laid then do not bother. If you are insecure enough to rent a car to get yourself laid the car is the least of your problems.

So the answer to your question is dependent on why you want the car.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hell no, that's a total waste of money

If you're embarrassed by the way your car looks, get rid of it and go pay about $5000 in cash for a decent used one. If you're not embarrassed by it, keep driving it.

JLance

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man why don't you have the girls pick YOU up? If you are cool enough to her and she has enough interest in you she will do things like this.

Jay Lance

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said these guys do not understand that to some people $200 a day is like what $2 a day is to them. They see $200 a day and say anybody who spends that much has got something to prove.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd rent a moped and then pick her up and see how she responds. :D If she is like FVCK YEAH, then she's a keeper.